My Boyfriend Got Mad That My Ex-Husband Bought Our Child a Gift: Advice?

That’s neat the ex buying for your baby, lots dad’s out there don’t even do for there own🤗

3 Likes

He’s just serious issues. He might be an ex husband but he existed in your life first, he’s part of your life’s history especially when you have kids. Not your boyfriend or any man can erase that. Your ex husband is probably just happy for you now that’s why he is giving your new baby presents. Personally I don’t see anything wrong with that. Your boyfriend should be grateful because it only means there’s one more person that cares about and thinks about his child. And whatever issue he’s got with your ex husband? The baby is completely out of it. Think hard if you are willing to spend the rest of your life with that kind of a person. Think hard, really hard.

Your boyfriend sounds very immature and jealous.

The boyfriend needs to give his head a wobble, the ex husband is showing his children how to be a man

1 Like

Your boyfriend sounds like a child. That’s controlling behavior, and if I were you, I’d get away from him.

Nothing wrong with giving the child a gift…

Ya dude needs to get over it. If you didn’t have other kids together that would be one thing but he’s the father to his half brothers/sisters which in essence makes him family. He’s going to be there for key things in your shared children’s lives. He’s showing this new child matters just as much. I say dump the boyfriend and get back with the ex. :joy: j/k of course.

1 Like

When things get complicated in relationship cuz of kids… Then that person aint worth it…

2 Likes

My ex talk and play with my kids… He even give them their favorite chips sometimes… What’s the big deal?

Wow . Your ex is doing the right thing your boyfriend has some issues to work out

If the baby was the exes great but it’s weird if he’s not

Lovely gesture of your ex.
Your partner seems to have some of his own issues.

4 Likes

Sounds like your ex is real mature and a decent person to include your child. Your current boyfriend needs to grow up.

Sounds like someone needs to grow up and work on his insecurities :expressionless::roll_eyes:

It sounds like you need to go back to the X he seems like a nicer guy your new guy sounds like a dick

Sounds like your ex is trying to get along and be kind and inclusive to your new baby. Your current partner sounds jealous and or insecure. Since you have kids with your ex as well he’s likely to be in your child’s life a small amount at least. What about weddings,birthdays etc as the kids get older? They’ll want dad and sibling and step dad to come.

Your man is acting like a child he needs to grow up

That’s for sure a BOYfriend. No decent MAN would behave so much like a juvenile.

1 Like

He’s just being over protective and jealous sounds like your ex is just trying to be nice and your boyfriend is really just doing too much it ain’t that big of a deal

That’s insane. He’s insecure and jealous and that doesn’t make a good step parent. Sorry. Mine is a step father and I am also a step mom. My step daughter didn’t come to our home until recently she’s now 14. She was hidden from us then taken from her mom a year ago. Long story short her mom’s an absolute p.o.s. but…so what. If she wants to send something to her daughter I fully support that. I am step mom. This woman is absolute crap lol
But guess what? It she sent something it would be FOR THE CHILD. Doesn’t matter what I or her dad thinks. We don’t allow nonsense but I as step mom have actually taken the role of being the third party between them all. So she contacts me to talk to her daughter who lives here fully. I’ve never even met her! But who cares? My point is if the child would get a gift or be happy to try to stop it is just plain selfish. My husband now has been with me since my 13 year old was 4. His dad’s never seen him in years or cared. However he did ONCE give gift and call. It was never an issue. He doesn’t need to feel insecure and neither do I. That says more about his character than the other parent. It’s ridiculous. No reason child can’t have gift. He should say "great for the kid. " Period.

Your bf sounds insecure?
Does he feel you’ll leave him and return to your ex?

Your man is weird and has control issues

1 Like

You have a (boy) not a man seems he needs to let his balls hang a bit and quit being uptight or he can hit the road

1 Like

No offense, but it sounds like the boyfriend is a downgrade.

Men are stupid!!When they get on there high horse and get Jealous and act like a Asss!

Sounds pretty insecure.

6 Likes

It’s about the children,not about you dude

Sounds like your bf has issues about your ex being involved period. Which is sad cause kids are kids and don’t need to be put in the middle of adult issues. I think it’s great your ex would be considerate and think of your child that’s not his. Does your bf buy gifts for his children? Even though your baby is young, he’s going to go through a phase that he wants to go with his siblings to their fathers place. Which , though rare, some ex’s have a great relationship and allow that. At least your ex is including your new baby in gift giving. I think it would make a child feel bad if the other kids get gifts and treats sl the time from their real dad, but he gets left out. Bf needs to grow up and realize there is no harm in giving gifts. It’s for the kid for crying out loud.

Ummm what?! You bf should be thrilled that your ex is treating your kids that aren’t his well! I know it makes me and my husband happy that my ex husband and his new wife treat mine and my husbands kids good! My ex husband just fixed our 3 year olds power wheel for him because my husband didn’t know how to. My husband was so happy and grateful!!!

Your BF is an a$$hole. Very immature and controlling.

Sounds to controlling you need to nip it in the bud or it will only get worse !

Sounds like your boyfriend is insecure and jealous of your relationship with your ex husband

He should be happy that he makes sure all the kids are treated equal. Your ex is doing what is right. Unless YOU feel your ex is just doing it to win you back or cause issues. Otherwise it’s very nice of him.

Your ex gets the big picture and your current BF is either immature or insecure.

It seems ur boyfriend has a problem with ur ex. I think what ever ur ex does it would be wrong. I think ur ex is great, I found it very difficult explaining to my children why two of them get gifts from their father and my youngest didnt. Your current partner needs to wake up and realise that u have to deal with ur ex for a long time and it’s best to be civil to each other.

9 Likes

A child can’t have enough people in their lives who love them.

1 Like

Your Boyfriend needs to grow the F up. Your ex is being a decent human being and teaching the children you share with him a valuable lesson. Stand your ground.

Your boyfriend is insecure and jealous. DONT EVER MARRY HIM. Your relationship/marriage to such a man will never ever last forever. Please see the red flags…im sure there is plenty.

Sounds like the boyfriend is jealous of your ex

3 Likes

It’s a blessing to have all parties involved in a child’s life. Your current bd should appreciate the love for his child and just accept is as such. Children should feel love from everyone :sparkling_heart:

My ex and ex mother in law buy just as much for my children as they do for my stepchildren. Not even my blood. My boyfriend’s of 4 years kids no dna relation to me or them. And everytime they get my kids something they get them stuff too. Your “man” is a child. That is so toxic. Textbook narcissist!

Red flag. Run while you can.

Yeah, your boyfriend has some insecurities big time.

1 Like

he doesnt want th child feel left out

That’s just weird in my opinion. I would be uncomfortable for sure lol. Like it’s not your child soooo :eyes:… AWKWARD :flushed:

Ur ex is awesome. Stand up guy right there.

Sounds like alot of bulls**t about a simple kind gift giving.

Super obvious why he’s not your husband yet.

But also, he will probably come around. I hope so, for you. :kissing_heart:

I thank it’s great! Show the kids how people should act. Nothing wrong with being kind. I by my nieces half sister stuff and have her whole life and want stop until she is grown same as with all of them.

My ex-husband and his new wife not only got my son with my new husband birthday and Christmas gifts etc, they would have him over for family meals and sleep overs with his sisters and brother. We were all mature enough to understand that the kids all love each other, so you respect and love who they love. Sounds like new boyfriend is overly jealous and controlling

Wow tell him to flip off omg I think that’s very considerate and thoughtful of your ex to not leave out your baby knowing he’s giving presents to their siblings! Wow he’d let your baby go without because of his jealous insecurity, and ego?? Yeah not good!

Sounds like she’s toxic and insecure.

the boyfriend needs to grow up.

1 Like

Sounds to me like he’s controlling insecure and childish! you might want to run

1 Like

I would be breaking up with said boyfriend :woman_shrugging:t2:

He sounds extremely childish.

Your boyfriend is immature. Your child is siblings to your ex-husband’s 2 kids with you. It is very nice of your ex-husband to present a gift to your baby. That’s what mature people do.

Sounds like the new man is childish and immature

Id say your current is jealous of the ex

Tell your boyfriend to stop being weird.

Sounds like the boyfriend needs a sippy cup… :v:t2: immaturity at it’s finest

Boyfriend sounds like a possessive controlling dick. This is a huge red flag.

Selfish bastard the ex is a real person my dad always done this with my brothers who was,nt his and for my mother fgs your man needs to grow a pair and feel blessed this man is real and has a good heart

1 Like

Ur husband has a problem cause there ain’t nothing wrong.

Boyfriend?? He has no right whatsoever

I’d be seriously finding out what the bf has in his head

Sounds like you need a different boyfriend to me!

I’d get back with the ex

It’s actually thoughtful.

He’s an idiot and small minded

This dumb …he insecure…1 yr old ain’t even going to remember the gift…much less who gave it to him. Save ya energy

I agree with all the above :clap:

Wow. Hes an ex for a reason. Shouldn’t be an issue

He’s jealous, plain and simple.

See the red flag now …

This just screams immaturity.

Seems like the bf is insecure.

Sorry to tell you? Your boyfriend is an a**h€¥e.

Eww what a gross human

Sounds like you downgraded from a man to a boy

:triangular_flag_on_post: Complete red flag. Immaturity period. It was never about you, your ex, or your child together, it’s about him and his own internal problems. That’s walk away type signs seriously. If he can’t come to talk it through with you, he will never change his ways. This would only be the beginning and I’m sorry but your children shouldn’t have to feel hatred coming from their new siblings father at all, especially they will learn from this and take away something good or something bad. We’ve all had blended or mixed up family situations and problems. Can we please for the sake of our children, put them first.

Is your ex single? Sounds like a good guy…

So jk about caring if he’s single but not joking about the rest :v:t4::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Your bf sounds a bit possessive. He should be glad your ex is a nice guy

Wow. That’s super childish of your new bf to be like that. It’s healthy for your kids to see their father be nice to their sibling. If he was ugly or didn’t acknowledge your baby, I’m sure your bf would have a fit about that as well. At least that’s what it seems like.

My daughter dad (my first child) is super friendly with my sons. He has bought them happy meals and taken them to breakfast a few times while she was baby sitting… (she’s 14 and keeps an eye on them while I’m at work) and my daughter has always said how she loves how he doesn’t mistreat her brothers and includes them. It’s healthy and good for them to see someone treat others with respect. If he was over doing it and maybe flirting with you then I’d see why it’s a problem. But if he’s just doing it cause he’s a nice person… your bf is the one in the wrong in this situation.

2 Likes

Boyfriends a huge douche, and this is only the beginning.

Your boyfriend is immature and controlling. Set him straight.

My ex and I have both had children with other people after we split. Both he and his parents have given my child gifts either for Christmas or birthday. And I have given his child Christmas gifts.
The way I see it is we are including our daughter’s siblings in special celebrations. Heck there’s been a couple years where my ex has given me money to treat myself.

My boyfriends ex wife gives my son that I had with my boyfriend gifts for his birthday and Christmas, she took her youngest to build a bear once and asked to pick my son up he’s 2 and I said ya he went and spent the day at the mall with his sister. I get how people can he uncomfortable with this but honestly it makes life so much easier when everyone can just get along
She even babysits my kid from time to time
And that’s more or less saying her oldest whose gonna he 18 in a couple months asks for him to spend the night and the ex wife says yes but I mean she’s there I have pictures of them together. It’s cute.

5 Likes

I have 2 kids with my ex husband and 1 more after we split… The ex always gets my youngest a little gift at Xmas or birthdays and even sometimes a treat throughout the year as a reward for something. He’s also taken my youngest on a day out with him when he’s had “his kids” because my youngest wanted to go as well. I think it’s a good thing. It’s an extra adult in his life that cares about him and he doesn’t feel left out or singled out because the older ones go off and see their dad at weekends and holidays etc.

3 Likes

This is partly the ladies fault no man wants your ex coming around to bring my child a gift it’s a good thought but you ladies probably wouldn’t want your mans ex coming to bring y’all’s child something you would be asking him are y’all still fckn and how does this b know when my baby birthday and how much do you b talking to her y’all would have a lot of questions :thinking:

1 Like

My ex was very jealous of my ex husband didn’t even want us speaking about our 4 kids that we had together its all a control issue and it will only get worse as the years go on get out why u can it took me 8 years but it was 8 years i can never get back eventually it might get physical but its definitely mentally not healthy either i wish u the best

1 Like

Sounds like he needs to grow up. When my son had his baby, my ex and his wife were there and a kind nurse took some pictures. She wanted to get a pic of the grandparents, so my ex stood beside me. I said wait, then went over, grabbed his wife by the hand and put her in the middle of us! She’s also the grandma!! A baby can never have too many people care about them!! :heart: If he continues to act childish, you may want to rethink your relationship…

I think it’s a great gesture.
He’s being kind to the child of his ex-wife.
Sounds like your boyfriend is insecure and jealous.
I think he should appreciate the gesture.
I wouldn’t stay with somebody that had insecurity issues.

Run Run Run,I think it’s great & it teaches ur kids unconditional love. Does ur boyfriend buy gifts for ur kids u have with ur ex??? Turn the tables on him

Your ex husband sounds amazing! Your currently partner is an idiot! Screams insecure, its a kid, its your exes children’s sibling. That is showing alot of respect and love for his kids and for you.

I would tell your current to pull his head in. I know its hard, I’ve had a partner like that too, but stand your ground. You and your ex aren’t doing anything wrong. That’s your currents issues he needs to deal with.

You husband needs to grow up and stop acting like a jealous insecure jerk.

Your boyfriend is a dick.

3 Likes

Your boyfriend needs to grow up :roll_eyes:

Your boyfriend is a toxic weirdo

Get rid of the boyfriend and get back with your ex husband.