My Boyfriend Got Mad That My Ex-Husband Bought Our Child a Gift: Advice?

Your boyfriend is being petty jealous. Sounds like needs work on his self. It was thoughtful and inclusive to get baby bday present. My step dad never treated my siblings or I different from his son.

He probably gets the gift from his kids to the baby. We did that with my ex. They did it for my other kids. We hey are family weather you like it or not. They will always be in each other’s live

I would have just said he bought it as a present from your child for his little brother that way the new bf don’t get mad.

1 Like

Kids appreciate not being left out. Your ex is going out of his way to do something for the other kid in the house, that’s great.

1 Like

I think that was super sweet of your ex and that more co parenting parents should do exactly that! My ex is barely in the picture physically or financially but when he does stop by he always makes sure to bring treats for all the kiddos and the 2 aren’t even biologically mine!

I would be concerned for my baby with the boyfriend. Makes no sense to me why he is upset that the baby is included in the gift giving. Is he so insecure and afraid tht the child will not love him (the boyfriend)? Scary.

Your boyfriend is so infantile in his attitude. Your ex husband made a beautiful gesture in wanting to mark your baby’s special milestone… 1st Birthday & as ye have previous children together he just wants your new baby to feel included in your new blended family. Your boyfriend needs to realise that he is your ex for a reason & your boyfriend should be thankful that your ex is encouraging & welcoming of your new blended family :two_hearts: Peace & love to all

Honestly because you have kids with him maybe he doesnt want youngest who isnt his feel left out could be why he gifted the youngest a present if he gets his present on there birthday many oldest dad started to get to no her when she was seven only lasted till not long after her birthday but he did ask my sister to ask me if it was okay of he could by her a present obviously I told my partner that he wanted to and we had set up rules that my sister had to be around him when he seen her not so much the present but my partner and me have a child and it did cause abit of a problem when came to argument he would bring up my ex but that was because when they went out on day trips I went with he didnt like it but that was me watching over my child as she doesnt no he is her dad neither does my niece but it’s my sister best friends which is a complicated thing but I do honestly think it could be him just not wanting to let your youngest feel left out even though hes only one

Your present man seems a bit childish and insecure. Your ex is trying to be inclusive when it comes to your children. He doesnt want your little one to feel left out. As your youngest gets older they will understand that your other children have a different dad and would feel a certain kind of way if they weren’t included even though your ex has no blood connection to them. It will create harmony not animosity between your children as they grow up. Kids dont understand adult relationships but they understand love. That’s what this is from your ex. Your ex is a true man and good human even if you weren’t good together.

I do not get along with my ex husband or his family, I’ve never formally met his nephew, but that kid comes behind my kids when they’re giving me a hug and you bet that cute little booger gets a hug.

Your guy is being ridiculous. He should get over it.

It’s so nice to have someone be kind to the little one! Speaks volumes of the character of the giver.

2 Likes

I feel it’s a good thing. He is showing his children that their siblings are important. It will help down the road as well so when the baby is older and starts to understand half and step sibling here aren’t hurt feelings and being left out.

I don’t see the harm in it, my son doesn’t see his father but he sees the other family members and his nan always gets my other 3 children a little something for Christmas so they don’t feel left out. I think it’s lovely that they are thought of.

I think your ex is amazing and acting very mature by doing this. His actions speak volumes. Your boyfriend on the other hand is acting very childish fair enough it’s not his child but it’s a great gesture. Does your boyfriend buy your kids things? If so there’s no difference. It’s great that your ex is thinking of his children’s sibling.

That baby is his children’s sibling. It was a nice gesture. Blending the family and everyone getting along is only best for the kids. Tell your BF to get over his insecurities and grow up!

Your bf needs get over it if you have kids with your ex the new baby is your older kids sibiling regardless so it’s nice that your ex even took the time out of his day and spent his money on a gift for the baby. My husband’s ex wife babysits my kids buys then birthday and Christmas presents has sleep overs with them and spends time with them. Most people think it’s odd but it works for us and my older bonus children that we all get along and hang out like a regular family.

I think the boyfriend needs to go… your ex treating his children’s siblings like he does his own children is not only not an issue… it is a true blessing. The baby will grow, the baby will see his siblings father and for him to feel accepted by his brother/sisters dad will make all the difference in the sibling relationship as well as the overall wellbeing of your whole family. BF needs to be a grown man and recognize that a child can never have too many adults who love him, and it only leads to a healthy, well rounded individual who will know that he wasn’t viewed as any different than his sibs, regardless of genes.

A way to calm the waters is to have ex say the gift is from the siblings… the BF may see it as a welcome blessing for his child rather than a threat.

There are some real insecurities I’m sensing in the BF, that need to be addressed… but frankly if they can’t be… I wouldn’t stick around. Its unfortunate but he has to realize that its not a pissing contest and he doesn’t need to cause you grief. He may even consider having a man to man with the ex if he really feels uncomfortable with something. I find it asinine myself. Just chill, have some maturity, and realize that he’s not trying to steal the baby, or your affection… he’s only trying to model good behavior for his family. And he’s totally right in doing so.

That EX is a true blessing to the co-parenting and blended family.

I think ur boyfriend needs to learn the definition of adulting. Time to grow up, that baby is his children’s sibling hes doing the right and respectful thing if you’re man can’t see that he’s got some issues he needs to deal with.

My oldest sons grandparents get my baby a gift for christmas and it’s not their grandson. I dont see a problem with it honestly

1 Like

That is crazy! He shouldn’t care as long as the baby is being shown love and attention. His own insecurities will make your child’s life more difficult than it needs to be. My ex and I are nowhere near being best friends and we certainly didn’t end our marriage all happy, but I include his step kids in things and have gone to their concerts at school because that’s what you do in blended families. You make it the best for the kids!

I always get my daughters brothers gifts. It’s for my daughter to show her love for her brothers. It’s a generous thing to do. Good for him.
To bad your boyfriend has issues.

1 Like

Wow that’s totally childish of your boyfriend and should raise a big red flag about behavior. It’s better for the children to see a healthy relationship between their parents and their is nothing wrong with your ex showing kindness and caring to their child’s sibling. Remember children learn from us and our interactions and if the boyfriend is acting like this is what you want your children to learn? Sounds like he is insecure.

I think it’s good that he treats them all the same. He wants to include baby would be OK. Teaching love and generosity to older children. Even if he is an ex doesn’t mean you use children as weapons to hurt each other.

“He is the father of my children and therefore will always be family. You knew this when you CHOSE to involve yourself with me. He want insert baby name to know that he cares about him/her and wants insert older siblings names to know we are all a cohesive family unit. Man up. Pull your nonexistent balls out of your body. And do what is RIGHT for insert all children’s names individually because they deserve no less.”

^^ There’s your speech. Go for it.

Children do not understand the dynamics of x’s they do understand birthdays and presents. And being left out. Your boyfriend should be thankful that he is kind to your child.

It’s called equal treatment. No child should feel left alone. That’s called love. I think it’s sweet,kind and considerate. Get back with him!:sweat_smile: he’s the better one treating all children equal whether it’s his or not as long as they’re siblings.

Your ex might be doing it, one because babies are cute, but 2 when your kids are with him, they mention, they want stuff for their sibling. He could say, no, that is not my kid. When my son is with me he tells me what he wants for his brother, who has a different mom. I helped him when he was a minor. What was I going to say, no, I know you love your brother, but he isn’t mine. Actually I care about him.

Your boyfriend has issues. My real dad always got my youngest brother who was from my stepfather gifts for his birthday and Christmas. The fact that your boyfriend is so jealous about it, you need to sit down and have a serious talk with him. What happens when he starts getting jealous of your children with your ex? Or is he jealous of them already? Remember he is not your husband yet and it doesn’t sound like he needs to be.

Yes he needs to grow up that’s like you having a godson who has siblings and only gifting your godson a present it just doesn’t seem right that’s actually nice of him cause he doesn’t have to do that but he’s showing the baby’s siblings how to be fair all around

Me and my hubby each have a child from previous relationship and a baby together. My daughters father isn’t involved in her life but his mom is. And every holiday she will send a little something for my daughter, my step daughter and mine and my husbands child. She has also let my step daughter join in on their sleep overs and family days. And my step daughter mother will give gifts to my daughter and mine and my hubby’s child on their birthdays. She also has taken mine and my hubby’s baby overnight to give us a break.There is nothing wrong with it. It is being kind. And mature. Trying to make the best of all the kids and showing your kids that there is love and care from everyone. We look it at is as we are all one big family and are there for each other through everything.

Ugh sounds like my ex. Him and his girlfriend had a new baby. I put together a nice gift basket and allowed our 12 year old son to give it to her. She obviously knew I put it together and immediately became pissed off. Damned if you do and damned if you dont!

I think that is great. Your younger baby is his kids sibling. So I think he should include the baby in gift giving.

An ex that still cares about your family? That’s a rare opportunity for that kid to have great role models. Your boyfriend should take notes.

2 Likes

I get my Ex’s youngest son a gift all the time :woman_shrugging: That’s my our sons brother and his stepmothers child. It’s just a kid. Having a healthy bond will help encourage them

Your ex seems more grown and considerate of co parenting than your BF … that is great that he included him he’s part of your children together … very very commendable of him …

1 Like

Boyfriend sounds very immature and jealous. Sounds like your ex, the father of an older sibling, did a kind and generous act towards the sibling of his child…

I think it’s a wonderful way to show yalls children he accepts their new sibling and your new relationship. Sounds like your new boyfriend has some insecurities. I think showing children that although mom and dad are divorced we can still be decent human beings to one another, why should he object to that. Sadly some adults are just immature and hung up on jealousy!!!

Perhaps he did it for his kids. Kids will ask the other parent if/what they’re going to get the baby. Mine were like that anyway. I have 4. I have bought gifts and babysat for my ex newer child. Your bf needs to grow up or get gone. Don’t put up with that crap. He’s probably jealous of your older children too and will eventually put a hault to you bending over backwards for them. He needs to grow up or go elsewhere. Js. He’s the immature person here, not you and your ex.

My ex is close with my daughter and she’s not his child. She calls him Uncle Joe because he’s been around her entire life. Her father, also an ex, hates it.

Very insecure. My ex treats mine and my husbands daughter very good. He talks to them, gives them a hug if they want and has bought them stuff for bdays. It’s called CO-Parenting and it really makes your children blossom knowing they have a team that love them. Your bf sounds like an insecure boy… Ex sounds like a good dude just based on that. Get to the root of it. He needs to lay his ego down and talk about what REALLY bothers him.

Your boyfriend is childish and needs to grow up! The kiddos are siblings, not like he just randomly bought an ex’a baby a gift! Maybe the kids asked him to or picked it out. Doesn’t really matter, I think your ex did a sweet thing and the bad needs to grow up. The beat thing is for all parties to get along and he is preventing that by being immature.

One year my husbands ex-wife got Easter baskets for our 2 kids because they are her sons siblings. No ill intentions just being nice so they didn’t feel left out. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

I believe your current boyfriend had since issues to deal with. My daughter’s boyfriend had two small children from a previous relationship. I call them my bonus littles. They are part of my daughter’s life, therefore part of my life.

You have children with your ex husband. He is always going to Be in the picture and the one who is the problem is your immature boyfriend who is acting like a jealous insecure little boy also possessive. He probably has a fit if you talk to your ex. Run now. He is going to make your life hell. That or stop this toxic behavior now!Let him know he either grows up or he can move on. Your other children don’t need to deal with a guy that hates their father. That’s not fair to them at all.

1 Like

Your ex is setting an example for your older children.
Ask your boyfriend how the youngest might feel when his older siblings get presents and they don’t, no matter who it’s from.
Your boyfriend is insecure, your ex is being a man.

My ex husbands Mum always gets my son a birthday and Christmas gift every year even though he is nothing to do with her Son he is her grandchildren’s brother. Maybe your man needs to grow up a bit.

It is the same thing lol
I think it would be sad if that child was left out and they see their brothers and sisters always getting gifts etc. sounds like your ex isn’t that half bad, maybe the new boyfriend has some serious insecurities :woman_shrugging:t2:

Tell him to grow up. Because your ex is acting like a mature parent and he’s not. And unless he wants to become an ex too he needs to start acting like a grown up and not a petulant child.

Sorry not sorry but I don’t got time to be mommy to little man- child.

Parenting takes a literal village, your ex, whether new hubby likes it or not, is part of that village. As long as ex isn’t trying to get out of pocket or do anything suspect, then new hubby needs to mature a bit, being a parent and all. It’s called CO-PARENTING… and that doesn’t mean just you and that child/children’s father alone.
I’ve had ex grand parents, great grands, aunts and uncles and parents of ex’s buy kids that aren’t “theirs” gifts. It’s a nice thing to do, and it’s a child, don’t deny them gifts! your current SO just looks very immature on this one.

Your ex is only being nice to his children’s sibling. There is nothing wrong with that. Your kids probably talk to their dad about their baby sibling and he does it for them. Your current man needs to grow up and appreciate the fact that your ex is civil and not causing drama.

1 Like

Personally myself?, I would be planning the great move and taking back my life from this self centered , controlling man.:unamused:

Uh… Tell your boyfriend to quit being a baby himself, how petty being jealous of another man for buying a baby a present … He should be thankful that he even bothered

That’s silly, my ex gets my baby a gift and I get his baby with his girlfriend a gift, in fact when I told him and his girlfriend I was pregnant, they went and got me a baby hamper, why not bd friendly

Keep the ex kick the current… If your ex is willingly buying your new child a present that is a good person. If someone is complaining that is not a good person

1 Like

How childish, my ex husband is still a member of our family. In fact he takes both kids to school every day. My current and him have an amazing relationship

Question is does he buy gifts to your children maybe now that he got his own child he won’t treat your kids the same way his very childish is not like his buying you a gift it actually show your kids that their father is not mad or have a problem with u or ur boyfriend or the baby smh

You have kids with the ex…those are his child’s siblings, so he needs to get along with their father.

I hope he treats your other children right!

It’s called Co parenting and inclusion. It can also be from her older kids because he’s their dad and he cares. You are not wrong. Your BF is selfish and possibly controlling.

I personally don’t have an ex whom I share kids with…however my sister divorced her ex husband when their daughter was 1. She has since remarried and her ex husbands parents ALWAYS buy for her child with her current husband! Every holiday they buy for their grandchildren they also buy for their little sister!! Zero questions and zero problems!!!

My exes do the same , I have 4 kids the first two have the same dad and second two have the same dad … the two dads buy all 4 kids gifts for thier birthdays and ho lo idays ( well they did when they were younger they are all 18 or older now)

1 Like

That’s some super insecure nonsense.

My kid’s dad went and had another kid, then ended up with a different women who had a kid already. The second woman had more kids later as well.

I get birthday, Christmas, Halloween, and Easter bunny gifts for ALL 7 kids. Some of them are in their 20s now. I STILL do it, all of them.

I’m finally getting married, all 7 kids are in my wedding.

Tell your current man child to grow up. It sounds like you need an upgrade.

Sorry but your boyfriend is being an absolute d#ck. Your ex husband is trying to do blended family properly by making everyone part if the deal. Your boyfriend needs to grow up

1 Like

You boyfriend sounds like a jealous idiot. Your ex is trying to show your other children kindness and a positive co parenting relationship. He is involved in the baby’s life if his children are siblings of the baby. My lord.

1 Like

Don’t let his insecurities become yours…adults sometimes blame children for their own faults…your b/f needs to grow up and focus on real life problems to solve…

1. He gets so jealous of someone being nice to his kid?
  2. And this may be the most concerning part, HE BLAMES YOU FOR IT AND GETS ANGRY.
    Read this very carefully HE’S INSANE. You need to get away from him before he tries to kill you. He’s not with you because he loves you. He doesn’t love that baby, he owns that baby. When you love a baby you’re happy when someone is kind to them. When you love a woman you don’t blame her for someone else’s actions, you trust her to know what’s best in a situation. If he treats you like a misbehaving dog, you’re not his wife, you’re his pet. This boy is dangerous, get out as soon as you can.

Boyfriend needs to grow up and realise your ex husband is always going to be around. My ex and I have bought presents for each other’s children after we split up, it’s called being a decent human being

That’s kind of your ex, most wouldn’t do that. And shows all your kids they are equal not a bad thing

1 Like

Your boyfriend is very immature… There’s absolutely nothing wrong with your ex husband giving your child a gift. You need to stand up to him… Tell him that he needs to grow up… If not I’d boot him out the door. You definitely don’t need a immature boy raising your son…

Y’all are going to be part of each other’s lives if you have kids with your ex. Your boyfriend is around his (your ex’s and yours) children. It’s one in the same. A kind gesture is just that, no overthink should be required. The more periplo in a child’s life that love them the better.

Sounds like he’s being the baby! He should be glad your ex isn’t psycho!

Idk, cause i can see it from an insecure point of view or if your ex was a total douche or something.

Another thing maybe it was the your kids’ idea?

Example: my ex has a kid with his wife, this kid is of no relation to me other than he is little brother to my children and they love him. So his birthday comes around or Christmas and were in the store looking at toys, “hey mom could we get this for him?” Wtf am I gonna say “no he’s not my kid?” Of course not! So technically i get him a gift, but is it really that bad? I don’t think so and neither do my ex or his wife. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

He is territorial…you should not back down…he is childish…but don’t give in to his temper tantrum’s

1 Like

That is just ridiculous!!!

Your boyfriend is being VERY unreasonable!

Your ex husband is your child’s FATHER ,so he has full rights to send his child gifts . Even his involved or not .

Seems like the boyfriend :roll_eyes: here have issues ,that need to be shorting out .

You have a child for a baby daddy/ boyfriend. If he can’t see the benefit for the baby he dumb as hell and insecure. Good luck with the man baby

Your ex is doing the right thing. Your bf seems to have insecurities n jealous issues perhaps.

1 Like

A mature grown ass man would appreciate the kind gesture towards his child instead of picking an arguement with his wife over something she has no control of. Your boyfriend’s petty AF.

My ex’s mom always includes my son that I have with my current bf with a Christmas gift for him, I always have my two boys (two that I have with my ex) get something for their sisters (their dad has two girls) for Christmas bc I want them to be able to give them a gift for Christmas, it shouldn’t matter bc it’s the thought maybe that’s why he’s doing it bc it’s his kids siblings that’s why I do it.

Wow… it’s not wrong at all… I buy my ex’s daughter birthday and xmas bits… have done for a while and they do same for my boys… it’s called being adults and having a melded family not a broken one… your boyfriend needs to grow up a bit… and not cause arguments over a present for a baby… xx

I feel like that’s very mature of your ex husband because A LOT of men would never even think twice about something like that. Regardless of how you and he turned out, your baby is the brother of his kids. It would probably make your baby feel left out in the future if he didn’t get him a present but his siblings always did, if that makes sense?

If it were me, I would tell my partner to chill out because that’s toxic behavior and your son, and your other children, don’t need to be influenced by someone else’s options of your ex husband.

I guess he’s not allowed to get you a mother’s day card from your older child then? That’s dumb. He’s very insecure. My kids dad’s ex held our daughter the first time she saw her… No hard feelings. He’s being petty!

That’s actually nice of your ex perhaps because you have children together he doesn’t want your new child to feel left out. Does your new partner buy your children with your ex gifts and presents :thinking: if you live together it’s obvious he does when it comes to birthday and Christmas

My ex bought all of my other kids gifts and my husband is perfectly ok with it.

Your ex husband is being a amazing dad including his children’s sibling.
You current parent needs help and also lessons on not being a control freak

He is jealous…its lovely that your ex husband buys the child a present from there siblings.

No thats wrong man. Its a kind gesture from your x especially because the baby is his kids brother

He needs to grow up. Kids should never be involved. He’s jealous of your ex plain period. I would really question if that’s what you really want to deal with the rest of your life.

I think it is a very sweet and mature gesture. Current man may need to grow up a bit it seems

Ypur boyfriend is a jealous dickhead and needs to get over it… sorry to say but ypur ex is being nice and mature and I think it nice he got the baby a gift… if your boyfriend buys anything for your kids with your ex then there should be no problem. He keeping the balance

The kids are siblings. It is nice if the ex wants to make sure the sibling has a gift

1 Like

My husband’s ex sent baby gifts and Christmas gifts for our 2 babies together and my son from a previous relationship. She’s a pos, but the gesture was sweet and appreciated

It takes a village! I don’t see anything wrong with it! I actually love the fact he cares about a child that isn’t his.

So if your ex gives your shared kids Xmas gifts, is he expected to leave your new child out? Huge red flag on that newer relationship.

Your boyfriend is very insecure. This is a red flag. Pay attention to other things too. This relationship may be in trouble if he doesn’t change.

Showing love and consideration for a child, or anyone for that matter, despite the situation is integrity. Your ex sounds like a decent person. Your boyfriend is a petty ass little boy that needs to figure out how to grow up.

Your ex is being respectful & mature. Be grateful for that :heart: Your current man is jealous of your ex ? Reassess your current relationship, behavior that he’s exhibiting could get more & more out of line. Maybe I’m wrong but be careful :pray:t3::purple_heart:

Your boyfriend should be happy that your ex has embraced HIS children’s new sibling. My fiancé’s ex as well as her sister and father send my son Christmas gifts every year. It’s definitely not necessary or expected but I’m very thankful for the gesture. Every year my fiancé’s kids go with their mom and spend Christmas Eve or day with her while my son stays here with us. I know he doesn’t expect or really even want to go with them but I also know it makes him feel a bit left out. We are a family and treat all the kids as such but that one day a year he is reminded (although not intentionally) that he doesn’t have the same relationship with them as they have with each other. The gifts are a very sweet way for them to include him. It’s also worth mentioning that my son is not my fiancé’s biological child so he has no blood relation to his children yet they choose to give him gifts anyway. My sons father would never think to complain either. I also have made my ex husbands children (with his new wife) gifts for my son to bring from him (but of course the adults know where they really came from) when he visits. Short story long…Your boyfriend is being ridiculous and needs to change his perspective.

6 Likes

Your ex is a caring and thoughtful gentleman. Your boyfriend is very jealous, insecure and controlling.

Let your other children give the baby the gift, it can be from them.

That’s very nice of your ex to buy your baby a gift . Your boyfriend needs to grow up and stop being selfish.

Sounds like your bf doesn’t want to co-parent. He needs to get over his insecurities and learn to get along with your ex for the sake of the kids.