Would you be worried about a boy in the bathroom with his dad?

If he went into the bathroom everytime with him I would question it, but who else would he want with him for sure not his mother.

2 Likes

My son is 14 and has medical issues if he needs help either Iā€™m there or his dad!

1 Like

This is not a dumb question with the way society is these days.

2 Likes

More info! How do you know all this? Are you said childā€™s mom or a nosy Gladys sticking it where it donā€™t belong making a mountain out of a molehill? Just say what you think instead of vague-ing us to justify and validate your suspicions, thoughts and feelings

7 Likes

I mean, isnā€™t this what a mother would do for her daughter if she had any issues in those departments? Why would it be any different with Dads and sons?

3 Likes

Thatā€™s disgusting and disturbing. Pedophile vibes are strong with this post!

1 Like

I disagree there is no age limit when it comes to assistance with your own child. Now if there are patterns and you sense something is off l certainly would investigate the situation and that goes for mom and daughter too. This world is so sick that people fear the worst and l donā€™t blame people.

5 Likes

Ohh jfc its his child and unless his givin you reasons to think otherwise,I donā€™t see why its an issue. Of course heā€™s a growing boy needing help from his dad. What else is he supposed to do?:roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Sooooā€¦ who is supposed to help with those questions??

3 Likes

Omg. I hate this world. Heā€™s a father bring a dad.
I hope my kids always know they can go to us as parents at any age for any type of question, help or advice without judgements and nosey parkers can just stfu and mind their business.

Whoever sent this in needs help. Seriously. You are sexualizing a normal parenting situation.

18 Likes

ā€œOh sorry boy, i cant got into the bathroom to help youā€¦ some nosey bitch is going to think im a sexual predatorā€

Stop sexualizing everything for one.
It could literally be the dad helping the child.
Unless the kid is afraid or reluctant to let the dad in, itā€™s most likely fine.

5 Likes

Stop being weird. How is a child asking his dad about his growing body and issues on his body weird in any way?
Also, learn how to use a and an in a sentence :woozy_face:

9 Likes

Seriously, how does this give pedo vibes? Itā€™s his dad! Is he supposed to just have to figure it out on his own?

6 Likes

Iā€™m just straight up think the person that sent this in is a karen

9 Likes

I think itā€™s odd that u find this odd. Thats what a parent should do, Iā€™d prefer my son ask his dad things like this at that age over me. Idk if youā€™re projecting a personal trauma or what you see wrong with this?

4 Likes

Example: I have a tumor in my left breast my daughter thinks she might have one too she came to me and me her and my oldest all do regular breast exams TOGETHER is that wrong heck no I dont think its wrong my helping my children know what to look for as they grow up

7 Likes

Heck I still go to my mum and Iā€™m in my 30s now oh wait is that different because Iā€™m a female.

12 Likes

Whoever wrote this please uppercut yourself! This is so dumb!

Stop sexualising a parent thatā€™s being a fucken good parent! Father or mother!

GTFOH

Ahhhh not really this actually pisses me off because not only is the father helping the young boy your questioning it why is being a father frowned on

I think if my boy had chapped thighs then his dad would help with the cream cause my sons(I have 3) are hopeless at that sort of thingā€¦ā€¦
Plus I trust my husband !!

3 Likes

Iā€™m 33 and my mommy helped wipe my ass for days after both csections :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::woman_shrugging:t2: when you need them, they are there. Act like he hasnā€™t changed\bathed him his whole life already :woozy_face:

Who else is going to do it?

Theses comments needs help. Nothing wrong with it. Most dads arenā€™t sick. And if a child canā€™t ask a parent a personal issue that they are unsure then how are they supposed to know. I have a special needs child who I had to tell your body will be going through changes and anything just ask.

6 Likes

If a child needs his fathers help he should be able to ask without it being sexualized. What is wrong with you? Heā€™s got questions so he turns to his dad for help as any kid would turn to a parent. Unless that child feels like itā€™s wrong then you really need to mind your own business Karen and let a father be a father to his child.

29 Likes

I think a boy needs his dad, especially when it comes to asking about his body, the fact that you automatically assume the worst is just mind boggling, obviously the boy and his dad know their relationship and are comfortable with each other, would you be asking the same question if it were an 11 year old girl and her mum? Probably notšŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

6 Likes

So itā€™s okay for girls who have reached puberty to ask their mom questions about all of that but God forbid a boy reaches his puberty and dad canā€™t help with that? Why? Why do you have to single out the boys and men? I have 2 boys and 1 girl. They are all adults now. I was a single mom for most of their lives so I had to deal with all of that stuff. Who else are they going to ask? Santa?

2 Likes

Its their child. Who the hell else are they going to ask?

1 Like

Everyone is dragging the poster, but perhaps this is a trigger for them and because of their own trauma they are projecting? Iā€™m feeling sad for them. :pensive:

If my child male or female needs my help, Iā€™m the parent so Iā€™ll helpā€¦ would it be different if it were the mom? Iā€™d rather my child get the help HE or SHE needs than no help at all and who better then the parents IF itā€™s not a medical emergency!!!

6 Likes

Ridiculous!! Dadā€™s need to be able to explain this stuff to their sons all this stuff is just that stuff!!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s his dad and if he has issues or questions who else should do it?

Iā€™m 37 and still ask my mom for advice or if I have some kind of health issue going on so I donā€™t get the problem hereā€¦Sounds more like you making it something it isnā€™tā€¦Thatā€™s what dads are forā€¦they are there for the male issues :woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Coming from a survivor of CSA I donā€™t think this is weird at all. My husband & I have four sons and if there is ever something that needs to be checked heā€™s the one to do it because he is their dad & imo 11 is too old for the mother to be doing this but not the father. Just like if it was a daughter and mother. To me this is just normal parenting. Sometimes kids have questions about their bodies that only their parents can answer & if you canā€™t trust your parents then who can you trust?

8 Likes

What business is it of yours to ask this question

5 Likes

I have an 11 year old boy and if he was having any issues downstairs, Iā€™d 100% send my husband in to help. I donā€™t have a penis. :woman_shrugging:

Yes I would be extremely worried about a dad HELPING his son out with bodily issues! Honestly what is wrong with you! I have 2 boys and there is no way I would question it if they asked their dad for help with anything in the bathroom or any bodily issue, Iā€™ve hope if my boys think anything is wrong or need any help that theyā€™ll never be ā€œtoo oldā€ to ask for help of one of us. Iā€™m 32 and I still ask my mother if I think something is wrong even my dad if I canā€™t get hold of my mother and Iā€™m worrying.

9 Likes

The bigger question is why would you want the child to feel they canā€™t come to their parents for personal questions.

15 Likes

What would you rather him do, turn to Google? These questions have to be made up, there ridiculous

8 Likes

If you go into the bathroom with your daughter are YOU wrong?

9 Likes

I think this may be made worse than what it actually is. My son is 14 and when he first got pubic hair he was so excited he showed my husband who is his stepfather. He also had an infection on his foreskin and also would only show my husband and not me or his father. My husband helps my son whenever he can and no there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. My son feels extremely comfortable with my husband with problems he is either embarrassed or nervous about. He also spoke to my husband about sexual intercourse because his friends were talking about it. This is whatā€™s wrong with the world and why men are scared to be alone with children. My husband has always said he loves that my son is so open and close with him and he said no matter how awkward he feels he will always help my son if he asks for it whether itā€™s actually or to explain what is meant to be kept privet etc. Iā€™m more worried in why you would think this is so wrong??

3 Likes

I use the bathroom with the door wide open, because Iā€™m tired of my door being pounded on, my boyfriend is a little more discreet, but you should either trust the dad or significant other, or not be with themā€¦. Plus, if you donā€™t trust the dad, are you gonna go in with the 11 y/o to help them??

Would it be wrong if it was the mum? Probably not right?

Stop making fatherā€™s feel wrong for helping there child just like any parent would.

7 Likes

This sounds completely normal to me. Who better to help them navigate changed and puberty than their dad? Same thing with girls going to their mom or other adult female family member. Is there some reason not mentioned you donā€™t trust dad with his son?

Itā€™s not wrong.
I love the openness

Ofcourse itā€™s normal. If the child didnā€™t ask a parent who else would he / she ask???

3 Likes

I would hope my children, no matter their age would come to for help with ANY problem. Would you prefer his father examine him in public? Get over yourself!

1 Like

Would it be any different if it was the mom? :thinking: No

Sounds like a good dad :man:

1 Like

Mind your own business! The Dad actually sounds protective and the child not corrupted!

Who are they supposed to ask? Iā€™m confused why this is an issue?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Every child should be and feel safe asking their parents for help or advice.

4 Likes

Of course itā€™s normal! Who else can they ask

1 Like

Boys need their dads for these very things. By a certain age boys are embarrassed for mom to be doing certain things. Boy mom of 2 here. My 14 year old would die if I tried to help him with something like that.

2 Likes

I think you are the one with the problem

20 Likes

I am more concerned with why you think this is such an issue :thinking: who else is the child supposed to ask?

14 Likes

Why sexualise innocent things

8 Likes

11 is the age kids are starting to go through early puberty so the boy is gonna have lots of questions that he may feel to embarrassed to ask him mom about, itā€™s good the kid feels comfortable enough to open up an ask/talk to his dad aboutā€¦ my question is what would put the thought in ur head tht the dad is doing anything other than helping his son with something he may have questions about or why do u not trust the dad being alone with the boy??

4 Likes

I am so sorry about your childhood homelife. This is what normal families do when children and parents have trust, comfort, and security at home, especially a little boy, because at 11 he is a little boy.

18 Likes

If it sounds weird to you may be super normal for others. Dadā€™s especially to young boys who are going through changes of course know more than moms and are more comfortable showing dads then their moms. Iā€™m my household bodyā€™s are not dirty or nasty, we change in front of eachother have conversations with my children while they are showering or Iā€™m showering same with dad. We DO NOT sexualize the human body we explain things to our children and are completely open to them! So maybe you shouldnt judge other parents on how they parent.

4 Likes

His own dad? Do you think itā€™s weird his dad wiped his ass as a baby? Are you fuckin dumb? Sorry.

Is this question a joke? I hope so because itā€™s incredibly ignorant and stupid.

10 Likes

Dads canā€™t be dads or what? what if it was a daughter and mother then it would be fine?

5 Likes

Personally think the problem is you and your mindset ā€¦

9 Likes

Like Iā€™m sorry. I already know I commented but who hurt you? Youā€™ve gotta be kidding me. This is what a normal family is.

3 Likes

No, my 11 yr. Old daughter came to me the same way. They are children. What in the world is so wrong with a parent being a parent ???

5 Likes

What the actual??? Again morons sexualising a normal relationship between a parent and their child !!! FFS take your stupid creepy questions elsewhere!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

Would you like the amount of mothers that go into the restroom with their daughters? Sounds like you need some counseling

3 Likes

We donā€™t sexualize children an their parents here. Try a different group. If a male child needs help then their father is allowed to help them

3 Likes

Did you want to be the one to go with him?

1 Like

When does being a parent stop? & When does a child stop needing their parent?
Iā€™m 31 and if I called my mom to the bathroom to come look at something sheā€™s going to come asap.
You need to be healed.

7 Likes

so wait ā€¦ a young man in the mens bathroom with his father? ( if im wrong please tell me )

whats wrong? im so confused :weary::woman_shrugging:t2:

The post doesnā€™t identify your relationship to the child. But I am sure that there must be a red flag somewhere or these things wouldnā€™t stand out to you. In reading the other comments I know this might not be a popular notion. But you should always follow your gut.Maybe if these are the only things donā€™t act on them but keep a close eye

2 Likes

Iā€™m just curious. Would you have the same concern with an 11year old girl being in the bathroom with their mother?

2 Likes

Sounds to me like you need to stay in your own lane šŸ¤·šŸ»

Thats what Dads are for. Boys need their fathersā€¦just like girls need their mothers. Im so sick of people with small minds oversexualising stuff.

5 Likes

No its not abnormalā€¦ and jeeze no way I would send my 11 year old into a public bathroom alone with all of the predators and pervs out thereā€¦ if dad wasnā€™t with usā€¦ Heā€™d go into the ladies bathroom with me or Id make sure the mens was clear and stand at the door.

4 Likes

Itā€™s called PARENTING idiot.

17 Likes

stop it ā€¦ bc if said 11yo boy was in the ladies room youd have a problem with that too ā€¦ goodbye :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Wow just wow, maybe he is more comfortable around his dadā€¦

This is the reason it is important for a good role model/dad to be in the picture. Thereā€™s just some things a mother canā€™t teach or answer for a son! When sons hit puberty, theyā€™re uncomfortable coming to mom about what theyā€™re going through or feeling. GOOD dads are NOT going to think about sexualizing their kids. If thereā€™s something going on, theyā€™re going to examine, help and move on. Just like daughters are with moms. Daughters are going to have questions that dads canā€™t answer. So, we as mothers do the same. If thereā€™s an issue, we examine, help and move on. Thatā€™s what we are supposed to do. Just because they hit puberty, doesnā€™t mean you leave them to fend for themselves. You help guide them and if itā€™s something serious and you donā€™t examine it, what happens? Yep, an expensive bill and regrets. Let parents be parents and just because there are sick people in the world doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s what every parent is. Itā€™s the GOOD parents who are questioned because of the as*hats who are wrong doing children! Let that man be a dad and help his childā€¦ TF?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::expressionless:

4 Likes

Wow um no thats not too old

Who hurt you? I get it bc I was the one being hurt but growing up and seeing how normal families function I realized, this is normal. This is what its supposed to be like. My husbandā€™s mom would still shower him if needed and heā€™s 30. I used to think it was weird. Different culture but so full of love. A lot of these answers are too harsh. I hope you realize it isnā€™t these kids that are suffering, it was kids brought up and exposed to trauma at a young age that have this mindset. You have to change that, for your children.

6 Likes

My 14 year old daughter still has me help her put powder or cream on her chapped thighs. I have been in the bathroom when shes using the restroom or in the shower. We get dressed infront of each other. Is it wrong? I dont think so. Im her mother theres nothing wrong with it. Its not sexual. So why is it wrong for a dad and son? Nothing you have said sounds sexual or like the dad is taking advantage of his son so why make it sound like a bad thing? Boys have questions about there changing bodies just like girls do. If he has questions or concerns about his body who better to ask then his dad?

2 Likes

Can a father not help his own damn son?? Keep out of it !!!

Im 35 almost 36 and if something was odd and i needed something to be looked at she would come in with me. My mom also seen my whole area when I was in labor, is that odd. Noā€¦ It is normal for a boy who is going threw puberty to ask his father for help in identify certain changes. My son unfortunately didnā€™t have that and it was me. Was that weird also cause I am a female and his mother. I mean people like you need to stop and quit making it hard for parents to parent.

1 Like

11 years old is young. Sheesh.

Surely a child should be able to ask a parent advice about anything at any age whether theyā€™re 5, 11, 19 or 34 etc. & it doesnā€™t matter son or daughter asking mother or father.

Itā€™s outlooks & attitudes like yours that creates all sorts of wrong in this world!

21 Likes

Youā€™d have a heart attack in my house thenā€¦:woman_shrugging: if Iā€™m showering or using the toilet my 10 yr old daughter comes in so does my 5 yr old son an vice versa, my hubs too. EXCEPT I do not go in when my SS13 is in there an my daughter doesnā€™t either. And my SS13 doesnā€™t go in when Iā€™m showering or if his sister is. Heā€™s 13 sheā€™s 10 both have hit puberty an just no. If anyone is showering an my husband has to pee or whatever he just goes in lol. He actually thinks heā€™s damn hilarious to take a crap when your trapped in the shower :nauseated_face:

1 Like

People seriously weird me out with these questions. Itā€™s the childā€™s father, it is okay. They will have questions, they will have things that seem scary and they depend on us for answers. Just let him be a father. If you REALLY think something is up, talk about safety when it comes to his private areas and what is normal and not normal and tell him to come to you if anyone does or says anything they are not suppose to.

Ypur a idiot of course a boy will ask his dad for help no different to a girl asking mum

5 Likes

Itā€™s not odd, itā€™s a dad doing his role as a DADā€¦ I believe thatā€™s called PARENTING!

7 Likes

No I think I more disturbed that you see good parenting as creepy tbh

8 Likes

Guysā€¦ while I agree that this is actually a blessingā€¦ no one needs to break her down or call namesā€¦

So tell meā€¦ if he didnā€™t ask his dad about that kind of things then who should he go to? Strangers? School friends? Teachers? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes: if he asks his dad its probably because his dad is most well placed to answer and helpā€¦ duhā€‹:woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

If the child has a problem and seeks the parents help its the parents duty to help and if the parent canā€™t solve it its on to the doctor or nurse whichever be

3 Likes

Itā€™s fine in my book.

If itā€™s a public bathroom, I donā€™t give a damn how old my children areā€¦ Iā€™m going.

What is wrong with you? Heā€™s his father. Stop looking for trouble.

10 Likes