Should I let my 17-year-old get on birth control?

If she is asking put her on it she is going to do it anyway

Absolutely get it for her please.

Absolutely let her get it.

Uh get her on birth control now…

I mean, unless you want to be a grandma soon?

Do you want your 17yo to have a child? No? Then put her on bc.

Of course why wouldn’t you. At this point she doesn’t even need you to get on it. She’s just being open and talking with you about it. She’s asking because most likely she’s already having sex. She 17

honestly i say it’s better safe than sorry…also her asking for it doesn’t mean she’s having s**…she may want it for her periods or she may want to start just in case that time comes and she’ll be protected if they do

I would or you will have to deal with a unexpected baby.

She’s gonna do it one way or another, educate her and help her do it safely

Also please remind her that it isn’t fully effective until about 3 months of being on it!!! :two_hearts:

DO IT! I personally don’t think that means you are encouraging sex but it is better to be safe than sorry. Children are a gift but at 17, is she ready?

I wpuld the other option is her having a baby bc you didnt

Myself? Yes. I would definitely get her on birth control. Then I would call the police and report the grown ass man aka pedophile that is trying to rape your daughter.

She isn’t asking your permission, or asking if you’re comfortable with her decisions, she’s asking for birth control to prevent a pregnancy she doesn’t want & an STD. So yes, get it for her.

She will have sex even if u don’t allow it so help her get on it !

To soon??? If she’s asking for birth control she’s ready and you should feel good she came to you to talk to you about and also what if it’s the same for her she rather be safe then sorry either way she’s gonna do what she’s gonna do with or without it mines we’ll be safe

You can’t control whether or not she has s3x. They will find a way whether you approve or not. Do you want her to have a child at 17/18? Allow her to protect herself. Forbidding it isn’t going to stop them.

Birth control is also good for other things not just preventing pregnancy…can help with periods and cramps also. But she’s being responsible, talk to her gyno and find a bc that is good for her and HER body. You rather he come to you and say she is pregnant. She is 17 not too young at all.

Better to be safe than sorry, if she isn’t ready for a kid yet do it.

umm she dont even need to ask u, she can go herself and get it

You can’t stop her from having sex but birth control is a sensible solution if she has it.smart girl you raised

Why is this even a question? She is nearly an adult. It is her body. She is trying to keep herself safe. Why would you not want that?

My now 22 year old asked at 17 and her mother told her no. She asked me at 19 and we went together (I know grown but not). My now 17 year old asked me and I told her to mention it at her next appt and I’d support her. Both girls wanted it for hormonal reasons, but I’m not oblivious to the truth. I’d rather give them pills than be a grandma.

she’s 17, id say yea. but do research for the best possible kind

Be happy she is asking you. Girls don’t need a parents consent for birth control these days.

$15 birth control or a baby your daughter can’t afford

Would you rather pay for all the needs of a baby? Lol….

If they want to have sez they will…doesnt matter what u say they will…better to be on birth control than not…

Put her on a good birthcontrol and talk to her about safe sex. Get a box of condoms and put them in the bathroom and tell her they’re there as free to use.
Shes asking. Not many teens do.

BIRTH CONTROL AND CONDOMS ARENT 100% but its better to be safe than sorry and having your 17 year old pregnant before she is ready. NOTHING wrong with teen parents, I have tons of friends who are great parents having them young and tons of people had their kids at young ages but its better for her to be not ready as your never fully ready to be a parent but until she’s more comfortable with the idea of possibly having a baby later on

17 is not too soon. Get it for her! Either that or start buying baby stuff and plan to become grandma cuz I guarantee that NOT getting the BC is NOT going to stop her from having s3x.

Let me see if I have this correct :face_with_monocle::thinking:

Your 17 year old daughter is asking you for birth control. She is being responsible and mature enough to come to you about it, but you have to ask strangers on the internet for approval???

GET THAT GIRL
ON BIRTH CONTROL BEFORE YOU BECOME A GRANDMOTHER!

1 Like

She’ll do it anyways . Just get her on birth control and buy a couple box’s of condoms .
Definitely better safe than sorry.

It’s that or you become a grandma which one would you prefer? Be a supportive mama she is trying to be responsible and do the right thing and coming to you for that support. Also talk about all the other preventatives like plan b and such for extra precautions.

It’s a lot better she’s asking for it rather than like my mother loudly announcing to my family I was now a wh*re and was going on birth control simply because I had a boyfriend at 14. The things she did and didn’t do completely traumatized me to this day.

Better safe than sorry. Get her birth control and the education to go with it!

She is being responsible and safe or would you like a 17 year old daughter and pregnant your choice

Get her birth control. And soon.

Get the birth control you can’t stop nature

I feel like that’s illegal.

Girl she already is having sex. Get her on birth control

She’s going to have sex whether you want her to or not.

Get her the birth control

Ask yourself this.
Do you want to support another child?

It doesn’t matter if you are comfortable with her having sex. If she’s gonna do it she’s gonna do it.
If she wants the birth control, get it

I think it’s important to have a conversation with her about doing the deed and how to protect herself. You should also tell her the side effects of birth control and if she still wants to go on it then I say do it. I’m just worried of the age difference, the fact that it’s her first boyfriend, and that their barely 4 months into their relationship. I don’t want her regret it anything.

Girl are you tripping! Yessssss she’s 17! She’s at a sexual age. Asking you is a warning. Do you want her to become a young mother, have her dreams deferred because she has to care for a baby. Are you gonna take off work to watch the baby? Birth control it is! i wouldn’t hesitate. Get her condoms, make sure she has her hpv shots up to date, and make sure that they both have a romantic date to the health clinic or doctors office and get a full std, Sti, test done make sure she asks for the ones that aren’t on the list like syphillis, herpes, hiv, aids, all of it! Google the new ish too!