Should I be concerned about my daughters imaginary friend?

She must have the gift !!! Sally could be good or bad you don’t even know just be very careful I’d do a cleansing on your house and protection spells for you & your girl , if is nothing bad then sally shouldn’t dissapear x

Our oldest daughter has had a ghost friend since she was about two. She is almost four now. She talks to whoever is is randomly all the time and her and our youngest daughter also have about 15 imaginary baby dinosaurs running around our house too. We figured the ghost must be friendly and the baby dinosaurs don’t hurt anyone either so we just let them do their thing.

Children have wild imaginations and sometimes make up imaginary friends to cope with other things going on in their lives. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you think it’s harmful to your child or disruptive to her in some negative way.

If you decide to ask her about sally
Put it in questions like can you tell me more about sally?
Does she have a last name like you(your daughters name)

I was told if you say things like is sally a ghost it’s either going to freak them out or you’re adding images to her possible story

My sister and I used to talk to a lady named Mrs. Wells when we lived with our grandmother. Mrs. Wells was a lady that died in the house a long long time ago and I guess she stuck around. I believe in this sort of thing so I wouldn’t be super freaked out about it but not everyone does.

my son has an active imagination too and he’ll say that his toys fell and died and he didn’t know what death was until my dad passed away and I explained to him what death was and then told him if he ran out in front of cars he would get hurt or he could die because there was an incident where he tried to run into the road and we explained it to him road safety (he’s 3) so I’m not too concerned but maybe there’s something behind it

Has your daughter heard anything on the news or seen you guys watching any scary movies or heard anything before about someone being shot and maybe just got traumatized and is correlating that into her imaginary friend

No and I would tell her to tell them to go away if it’s upsetting her

1 Like

Maybe she sees a ghost very possible, ask the " friend" to leave !!!

Tbh, I would have thought this was weird until I spent a lot of time around a lot of kids that age and they say WEIRD CREEPY SHXT.

Idk. My son had a police officer brother imaginary friend. One day he died in the line of fire. Never heard about him again.

Maybe she saw something on TV. Sally, tally & cally??? Come on now lol

I have an imaginary friend too! His name is Bob!

It started w dreams for me

Following so I can read this during the daytime🤣

Just finished watching this and then see this fb post :open_mouth:

My daughter has an imaginary friend, Mickey :woman_shrugging:t3:
It’s a little creepy, but mostly cute

Sally White remember your imaginary friend that got burned in the fire :flushed:
Amali Carter farmilman :rofl:

Megan Hayes-Frank comments :grimacing:

1 Like

Ashley Berkbuegler these comments :flushed:

Not normal maybe she is seeing paranormal things to think she already is turning 5. Maybe you could bring her to a psychologist and do a research about your house. I suggest have your house blessed by a priest and put some statue of a cross with holy water.
The way i look at it she is not making up stories she really sees things.

In case you wanna check, www.diedinhouse.com

Sounds really specific.

If never sleep again

That’s probably a ghost

She could be a sensitive. 🤷🏻
Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Crystal Fisher maybe you can shed some light on this

1 Like
4 Likes

Jamie Bowes that’s your problem if any of ours says shit like this

3 Likes

Demons/evil can and are known to imitate kids. I’d do a cleansing right away

9 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I be concerned about my daughters imaginary friend? - Mamas Uncut

Pretty normal, a child’s brain is as equally confusing as it is amazing

1 Like

This is so interesting yet scary at the same time… I’d go along with it. It won’t last forever and its obviously a comfort to her.
What an amazing imagination, the stories she can tell is fantastic and I’d be proud of that xx

I never had an imaginary friend and neither did my children.

Kids are very much in tune with the spirit world. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Sally is an earthbound spirit. When spirits dont crossover to the other side at there death they remain the same age they were in life. Child spirits are drawn to children because they know they can see them and they know they will play with them. I did this as a child. My daughter is 5 almost 6 and she also has seen and communicated with earthbound spirits. As an adult I never lost this ability. Kids are very open to these experiences because they haven’t been conditioned by adults to reject the idea of ghost being real. We all have this ability to see and communicate with the spirit world but it is also true some people are more open and sensitive to these experiences. My advise would be to contact a medium and see if you can move Sally on. Dead energy can have negative effects on living people even if unintentional.

Sounds like your baby girl has a awesome gift… embrace it until it starts to scare her or you for her. Some of the most awesome mediums start out this way with “imaginary” friends

9 Likes

It’s a gift…nothing wrong with her

1 Like

My Granddaughter had a friend chloe she said she saw her in the mirror . My Granddaughter was about 4 ,she even grew out of it.

My daughter (almost 5) used to talk about an “invisible boy”. She would randomly start screaming in her room and when I’d go in she would say that he turned her tv off. :grimacing: I would let her ride her scooter down the long hallway and she would say that he was racing her. It was creepy. We moved a few months ago and she hasn’t talked about him since.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it! She’ll grow out of Sally eventually

2 Likes

Growing up I had alot everywhere turned out they werent imaginary just dead. So since being an adult And a mom I make sure my house is safe from them I had way too many bad experiences and physical encounters I still have all the marks. Seeing and hearing these entities is a curse to me and I dont ever want my kids to see it.

If u feel threatened and freaked out momma then u should do what u think is best. Follow ur instinct it wont ever let u down as a mommy

2 Likes

My son had an imaginary friend named Jack. Jack ate dinner with us a lot.

1 Like

My granddaughter had an imaginary friend wo also had two imaginary friends, daughter was mortified one day on train having to zip up the 3 imaginary friends after zipping up granddaughters coat.

Very normal of an active mind lol my 5 year old clams she is a cat… She wants to eat from a bowl on the floor​:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

A lot of kids have imaginary friends growing up. My mom says I used to go in the closet and “talk” to a friend and play. I dont remember a thing about that. Most kids grow out of it but if it lasts for years then maybe I’d ask a psychologist.

I had an imaginary friend and my sister shared with me. We too thought our friend was dead and yah know he might have been lol. As long as she’s not getting in trouble or distancing herself to be with said imaginary friend I imagine its normal. Id ask a pediatrician if it worries you, you know your child best!

1 Like

I’ve read that when children are born, they’re so fresh is this world that they still are able to see the other side. So when a child tells you about someone they see they could actually be seeing a spirit. Nothing to be worried about at all, children have amazing imaginations too.

4 Likes

Of no harm has come to your family or her i would just let it be. Sounds like a spirit in the home. Dont let folks scary you into them all being bad. The first home i had we had a little blonde hair boy. He would play with my trash can or my kids toys. Never bothered anybody or hurt anyone. He was just there and would play around. Even today i believe with all my heart my uncle and father and grandpa mess with my family daily. Kids are just more open minded so they can see them easier. Your daughter could asked her different questions during play that brought up those things. Not necessarily something to be scared of

2 Likes

This is not an imaginary friend… this is w spirit connecting with your daughter… be careful.

1 Like

So I had a friend go through something similar except this entity was mean. I came across country (i was moving but not the point) to her house to feel out what was wrong. Once I was able to feel the negative vibes and see the dark shadows, I then waltzed into the child’s bathroom. I closed the door behind me and started having a conversation with myself. I called forth whomever was able to listen from the other side. I firmly stated that this home was to not be touched by negative energy and that this home is only to be blessed with happy/loving ghosts. If anyone wished to reside in this home they need to change their attitude. Of course, I felt my whole body go crazy with goosebumps and hands all over my shoulders and back. I continued on with the mantra of leave or be forced out. Once I blinked, I saw all those in the room with me. I also saw the child that was causing an issue turn from a child to an older woman who seemed torn and angry with me. I told her IDGAF that she needed to leave if she wants to continue harming my nieces. Next thing I knew, a toothbrush fell down. I laughed at the pity. I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed salt and placed it on windows, door ways at the top, and rubbed some lavender oil around the house. Ever since then, they haven’t had an issue. Nor has the entities returned with bad vibes.
Like… I don’t know if its because I have always spoken to the other side through mirrors but it seems to help. My son went through this at my mothers but the entity stayed outside THANK THE LORD because the face was terrifying in the reflection of windows. He banished it outside and never once did it come in.
Perhaps try that? If anything goes haywire, stand your ground but also be nice. Sounds contradicting but that’s the only way spirits ever listened and respected me

My daughter does that but her friends name is halsey

If Sally’s a spirit, I wouldn’t worry about it until sally and mommy start to hurt her than I would. But a lot of times spirits are guardians who might be keeping something else at bay.

Normal… my 4yr old informed us that we weren’t her first parents. Then she said “you won’t kill me like my first parents.” Let’s just say momma was a little freaked out since I do believe in reincarnation. Now she just talks about the things she does with her grandma that’s in the stars (my mom).

5 Likes

Keep an eye on your daughter. Listen to what she says. If things get too hairy talk to your pastor.

2 Likes

My son had one named Mavis, Guy and Jason. He also talked about Mavis and Guy being dead. After a few years Mavis and Guy just stopped coming around. It was strange because them are not names you hear every day.

My niece had 2 imaginary friends named Farner and Painter. Her parents were going through a divorce so a lot of my family just thought they were her way of coping. She stopped talking to them when she was 5 or 6. My girls never had imaginary friends. It could be her imagination since the names are so close with it being Callie, Sally and Talley. But not to sound crazy but I never believed in the supernatural type of stuff though until we moved to an actual haunted house when I was 10. It was terrifying. If she isn’t scared then great. If it becomes a problem I would move lol.

Don’t know about the history of sally she has mentioned, but just wanted to say I had an imaginary friend name sally when I was little too! I don’t remember anything like that about her though.

My 3 year old had a friend called Katie that used to hang out in our car…first time he talked about her he was loosing the plot nor wanting to get into his car seat. I even caught him telling her that he wasn’t allowed to go with Katie, he would say that Katie was climbing trees outside as we were driving :scream:he’s also had another friend called Sally apparently she was kind and played nice. The only Katie in our area that came up was an 18 year old that died in a car accident…Sally is still a mystery. He’s got not friends by these names with so dunno :woman_shrugging:

Our daughter had 3 imaginary puppies.
They had to go everywhere
Sometimes they didnt stay in the backseat of the car and we would accidently sit on one
Made going somewhere very interesting to ssy the least

No. My oldest son who is 27 now had an imaginary friend who was Christopher Robin for yrs. Its perfectly fine.

Has she seen or heard something on t v or adults talking about shooting or anything ? You would be surprised what kids will pick up on

Is she watching scary movies? Kinda weird if she’s never heard or seen something like that on tv. I was thinking ghost myself but if nothings happened where you live I’d say its not that. Has she maybe bin touched in some sort of way. They get quite the imaginations when things like that happens. Maybe someone’s scared her into thinking that would happen if anyone knew. I’ve been told by doctors they go into a imaginary state an some if not helped in time can stay in it. Not trying to scare you at all. I feel more like she’s maybe seen or heard a story like that an now making up her own version. The hair colors definitely fit today lol

Maybe it’s a ghost she’s seeing & communicating with.

2 Likes

Have you seen the ghost inside my child on Amazon prime? It’s pretty interesting if you haven’t seen it. Worth a look at if you were a little curious.

Don’t worry about it. There are more important things to worry about in life.

1 Like

talk to her more & just listen & also ask her how does she know this

Oh wow I’d freak out too with the details.

The amount of light detectable to humans on the electromagnetic spectrum is 0.0035%

That alone tells me there’s things we see can’t see…

Just saying…

2 Likes

My daughter had one, and I swear it was a ghost. She is 20 now and don’t remember him. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

My brother had a “real mom” who was not his actual bio mom. His real mom has a full name and he came out of the womb talking about her. He grew out of it, but my mom had random ppl send postcards from his “real mom” until he was in his 20’s, and we still joke about it. Little brothers are so weird.

I would not worry unless she seems terrified

Entity… Probably evil! Sage your home…

My 8 year old had a friend named Fred… Fred was a bad friend and couldn’t come in the house unless someone invited him. This is what my son told me at 4. I told him under no circumstances was Fred allowed to be invited in. Fred got mad and would make scary faces at him that would make him run away screaming and crying because he wasn’t allowed in…
I moved two months later… Never heard about Fred again. My older kids think is funny and named the snake after him :expressionless:

1 Like

Manda Lee Wrinkle read these :flushed:

Chelsie Hayes read these

She could be talking to a demon.

4 Likes

Nope! Completely normal!

Children are very prone to be lead in conversation, that’s why when they are involved in serious incidents they have special therapists which can get info from a child without offering or suggesting things to them…did your daughter offer the info herself or did you perhaps ask her a question which inspired her imagination and she said Sally died as a result?
Children have wild imaginations, they pick up on things they hear and weave it into reality. I wouldn’t worry, I’d keep encouraging her to gain real friendships, maybe joining some after school activities.

2 Likes

If she is happy and fine with it then I would t bother but if it’s making her unhappy like starting to have nightmares or affecting behaviour then I would say it’s time to step in but until then I wouldn’t bother about it

2 Likes

Wait so yours wouldn’t play with you?! Well that was very rude.:joy: ok but seriously. If it were me I’d keep asking. But that’s because I’m a curious person or nosey. Whichever way you take it​:see_no_evil: it’s completely harmless unless this imaginary friends starts telling her to do bad things. Then I’d be concerned

3 Likes

Probably imaginary… get to know “sally” you probably learn alot about her if she sees you are very interested in her if you play along with her… my imaginary friends were real kids from school that wouldn’t play with me… so maybe its a little girl from preschool she really wants to be friends with… or someone she knows that is a little girl… and pretending she has this going on with her to talk to her…

I’m not saying Sally isn’t a real imaginary friend. I’m just gonna say young children are more prone to paranormal activity. Either way if this Sally girl isn’t scaring or hurting her let it be.

8 Likes

My daughter’s 34 years old now…when she was 2years old she had an imaginary friend she played with him all the time ,spoke to him if I sat down next ther she’d tell me not too cause his sitting there…it use to spook me in the beginning but I got use to it…if I gave her sweets,chips whatever I had to give him…when she turn 5 I notice she wasn’t speaking to him much so I asked her what happened to him …and this is what she said it’s like 30years ago but i remember it so clearly she said,and I quote “hes gone back to sea” and she never ever mentioned him again…

10 Likes

So 2 years ago my ex husband passed n he was totally involved is our son life but after he passed away my son started telling up that there was a zombie dad in our house n they were kinda like friends but it didn’t last long

2 Likes

When I was younger I used to play with my Aunt all the time. I have very vivid memories of playing with her. She died before I was born but was pregnant when she died. My mother found out she was pregnant right after my aunt died. I have the exact same birth mark as my aunt in the exact same place and look far more like her than I do my mom. My mom used to get so upset with me when I’d tell her so was playing with Aunt Kim.

I truly do still have memories of playing barbies with her. Or her standing at the end of my bed while I slept. Even just talking to her. It’s seems so real to me but It all stopped when I was probably about 6 or 7.

6 Likes

I had an imaginary friend similar to that as a kid…

He went away when I was around 7ish…

He was very a very handsome boy… Jacob…

My grandma said that I told her He got the flu and died a long time ago…

My middle child had an imaginary friend too… she said that Catherine died in a car accident… my daughter wouldn’t get into a car for 3 weeks :roll_eyes: but she’d ride the bus to school :woman_shrugging:

Went away around 7ish too

3 Likes

Sally could be a ghost, just try to get more information from your daughter, and help Sally out.

5 Likes

Maybe outside the house ask if she feels safe with Sally and her mom. The biggest thing is to be there for her and make sure that you listen. It could be something she saw on tv or it could be someone there, best thing is to believe and listen.

4 Likes

No
It’s completely normal.Im 60 yrs old.My sister and I had 5 imaginary friends.Big deal

She’s got to make believe friend and an imagination They hear things on TV so they use that or they hear people talking and they use that as part of their friend such as being shot or things like that. I wouldn’t worry too much about it now she’s 17 and has imaginary friends I’d seek some help. I’m old and gray and I argue with my imaginary friends

Probably harmless maybe ask her about Sally
Don’t sound so imaginary too me but some kids do have one.

Children are more sensitive to the paranormal. I wouldn’t doubt that she is talking to a child that had passed on, especially with the detail given.
I would think back though, her being so young, if she maybe heard something similar on tv or otherwise. Have you asked questions about Sally with a direction, like did you ask her how Sally had died? Or did she say that all on her own. Kids like to fill in holes that they are missing with other info. I know I did.

2 Likes

My daughter got into this thing of saying there’s a fairy in her head making her be bad. Turns out there was some fairy cartoon on Netflix with the same name as her fairy. We told her she can’t blame her bad actions on anyone else not even a fairy. I’d be spooked with your story tho

1 Like

My sister had an Imaginary friend, 3 years later, we found out our house was haunted and the Person that was her imaginary friend actually lived in the house before we removed in.

3 Likes

Keep asking simple little questions get to know her worst that can happen is you find out sally is really a spirit and not imaginary. My oldest sons spirit friend would roll the ball back across the house to him.

2 Likes

Just listen to her… a lot of parents make the mistake of ignoring their children when it comes to things like this. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, just listen and pay attention.

5 Likes

I had an imaginary friend named Kayla. She had blonde hair, wore an overall dress, and was as real as can be. I used to hold her hand. She used to ride the oil rigs when we went out to check on the livestock. She told me one day she was leaving to go to California and I never saw her again.

Man, I should write a book. :rofl:

1 Like

my step sister had 2 imaginary friends named windy and george…they only showed up at my step moms work whem we were there…she was like 4,5 i was 17 maybe 18…come to find out this restaurant was literally right next to a Indian grave yard. :grimacing: the restaurant was also very haunted thered be no wind or nothing and id be walking past the pop cooler and things would go flying off the top at me… but i believe in all that paranormal stuff
:see_no_evil::eyes:

1 Like

I had imaginary friends too. Bic and the ugly girl :joy::joy::woman_facepalming: I still remember hating the “ugly girl” :joy:

I was also very sensitive as a child to paranormal (still kind of am)

Just don’t tell her she’s crazy. Encourage her if you want, and just remember it’s a phase!!

1 Like