Should I be concerned about my daughters imaginary friend?

I had an imaginary friend named Eddie when I was little. Freaky thing was, my cousin could see him too. Some odd things happened on that property but never anything scary.

When I was young my mother said I talked in great detail about my other family and my past life. Then one day I just stopped. After glancing at other comments it seems fairly common.

Believe her. Children aren’t as "filtered " as adults. As adults we’re conditioned to Believe “that’s not real” etc. In my humble opinion she’s telling you the truth. And she feels comfortable enough with you to talk to you about it.

Maybe Sally is a spirit, and if she likes her an no one other then you is bothered by it only because you dont know I’d let it be if no harm is being done.

1 Like

My son (6) has had an imaginary friend named “Junk” for 3 years. He doesn’t talk about him much anymore, but it used to be a daily thing. He’s told me multiple times that Junk died in a fire a long time ago :woman_shrugging:t2:

I’m a meduim. Took me years to understand my own childhood. It’s rare for an imaginary friends to have “died” and/or knowledge of how they died, especially if the child is young and isn’t really exposed to violence. The fact that she pointed out these things indicates it very well could be a ghost. What bothers me is there’s a whole family haunting her, not just another child spirit. Keep an eye out for unexplained scratches, missing items in the house, just extra weird stuff. If the ghosts become aggressive, time to get a handle on the energy in the house. Usually as the child gets older they start to block the clairvoyance as society teaches us it’s nonsense. For me that wasn’t the case, I still had to learn what was “wrong” with me and that I wasn’t crazy… - good luck!

I grew up in a family full of sensitives and have learned through trial and error and tons of research more than likely it is absolutely nothing at all kids have crazy imaginations and on top of that they absorb things they see and hear and use it in their games even if it’s weird to us it is normal to us until we tell them otherwise. BUT if your gut is telling you it is off or she starts to feel uncomfortable than it’s probably something you should do just in case. All you really have to do is tell your state blatantly out loud something along the lines of “if there are any negative spirits, entities, or energies around who wish to impede or harm my family or my home in any way you are not welcome anywhere near us, especially my child anymore, ever again. We don’t want you around” you want it to be detached from emotion, confident, and specific but to the point and give no leeway as this is a demand and not an option. Also it’s important that you do not ever be afraid at all and once you’ve made your demand known kind of set it and forget it because you don’t want to mess with your own head so just shrug it off and live your normal life don’t make it a big deal. I’d also tell my daughter that it is best to not be friends with Callie anymore and for her to ask her to leave and then I’d buy some sage and palo santo and burn it through every inch of the home and property as well to solidify that you are serious about it.

1 Like

Your child could have a gift never tell her it’s not real I was told my daughter would be gifted and psychic

1 Like

My 5 year old daughter had an imaginary friend named plunk. Just recently plunk has faded out. We use to have to open the door to let plunks mom in sometimes ect. Silly stuff. I would randomly ask if plunk was “a silly friend? A nice friend? A mean friend ? Ect” and she never had any conflict situations with her imaginary friend and never said he was mean. Although, it was a human/mummy/animal hybrid and was very colorful…not human. Haha. Only freaky thing for us was that plunk “lived in a hole under her bed” :woman_facepalming:

My sons 2 “imaginary friends” were named Tony And Emmitt… only, he didn’t know his grandfather who had passed away before he was born was named Stoney, and Stoneys little brother died when he was little and his name was Emmeritt… I never met his grandfather, and the names were never mentioned around him.

At 4 i was an only child and my imaginary friend was named Dinder. She had blonde curly hair. Dinder and the 3 little pigs :joy: There was no curly blonde haired ghost… just my imagination and probably a picture from a book.

Just the names is what makes me think she’s imaginary however, my son many years ago, had a friend we could not see.
He played with this boy, talked about him, got angry at him to the point he’d be so distraught that I would have to tell this “boy” off and he would then leave.
My son would show me where he was and tell me about the things this boy would say to him etc.

It got to a point where he was harassing my son so we had to “have a discussion” with this boy to tel him to go away and leave my son alone.

From memory he “came back” once after that and then never again.

My son remembers it to this day - 14/15 years later

I will with everything non me say?
My son sitting in my room and I in the bathroom door open?
We both ears a small girl 4-5 say loudly as if for help ?
“Mama!!!”
I looked over and Dane time he was looking at me neither of us spoke but we both walked through the house.
I said what did you hear?
He said , mama!
I said who said it?
He said a girl.
This was right before Maleah Davis was found missing.
He even said it as I heard it.
We both almost died together during birth.
They said neither of us would make it due to he wasn’t 18 weeks and my health.
Appendicitis and no one wanted to operate…
I made sure if they wouldn’t help him they could not help me and I’d sue them if they did.
We both are here but we both can see and hear and know things together…

Cleanse your house, but by a professional. That is pretty neat at her age though. You can also get support by local mediums in your area to help you out with showing her how to handle this.

My step daughter had a little friend where I had to make a dinner plate for her and everything. If we sat in her chair she would tell us you are squashing her…she grew out of it and said she had moved out of the area lol but still brings her up to this day she is 30 now.

Watch a documentary called “The ghost inside my child”. Similar real life stories on there of parents of children talking about the same subject on their kids past life experiences. It’s so interesting!

Me and my son are empaths.
I can feel them see them only as shadows
He can describe what I feel In Detail…
Has since small.
Extremely detailed.
He says mon they watch you sleep and they’re hurt.
I know he’s right.
We also can hear them.
I also worked in a funeral home every day and night from 6-17
And ever since every home before buying this one someone had died in that I have rented or owned ,
can be proven)
And I never knew prehand.
This one is on land cleared and I keep getting Lauren and Sean for the names.
This home I had built.
It was heavy woods before.

My imaginary friend when I was little was Sally. I don’t really remember it much but my sisters used to tell me that I always told them Sally’s brother chopped her legs off. Or sally got run over by a car, or just random stuff. I don’t remember any of that. My son had an imaginary friend for a while but didn’t last long. She will grow out of it.

I would allow her to continue to talk to you about her “friends” just to see how much more info you may be able to gather. Kids can connect with things we can’t… even if it may be the unwanted

I had a friend I played with when I was little . He never had a name but he was in burned clothes and he died in a fire. He looked like he was 7 maybe 8 . I was 5 when I started playing with him . Now to the present time my son is 5 but since he was 2 years old he said he has an imaginary friend . He has burned clothes and a little boy . I asked him how old he thought he was and he said 6 or 7 . I figured it never hurt me as a child so it’s not hurting him and I let it go

I think I’d check it all out a little more. At least your girl’s friend. She could’ve gotten names mixed up or something. Then according to what you find out, handle things. Maybe sage, maybe call in some help, maybe nothing at all. Good luck and God bless. :two_hearts:

This is definitely some 6 sense stuff. :scream: My only suggestion to you is get a good medium to come to your house and tell you what it is and how to help get rid of it.

I have a 1 year old girl. She talks only a few words right about now. Only problem is, when you tell her to tell someone bye, she doesnt do it. She tells old buildings bye or she waves to someone/something at an old building. I dont know how far she’ll be able to go with it, but if she does have that power to see the dead, i onky hope that she will trust me enough to talk to me about it. Because of this, my house is all locked up before 11pm. Its not uncommon for kids of her age to be seeing these things. At least not in Suriname. Our country has a whole lot of old houses and seeing as we were colonized in the early years, we do have a lot of mass graves full of slaves who were tortured and beaten. Only problem is, we dont know wether its doing her any good or bad. We only know that we have to be careful that nothing bad happens. Im not exactly in the mood for something out of The Conjuring to show up at my house. Only thing we can do for her is help her and be supportive whenever she needs it.

My god daughter had one when she was about that age, his name was “zolo” , some days she loved him and would talk and other days she was petrified of him… She would also only see him at my house…

She might have the “gift” Kelsie Connolly

Sally is not that common of a name any more. Maybe ask her to draw sally? If she draws her with a shot to the face… then you know baby girl is gifted. Ask her questions like when was sally born or how she dresses, those would give you a timeframe like if it’s real recent I wouldn’t worry. If it was 1935 then I’d burn the house down and move across the country. Just my thoughts

She could be hearing things that are going on on the world, and passing that along to her imaginary friend. She got shot and is dead could be a fear of your daughters that she isn’t able to fully articulate. Maybe look at her behavior and daily habits as a whole and see if she has any other concerns such as nervousness, fear, anger. Is she playful, wants to be alone all the time, social ect.
Of everything else appears normal or no red flags than continue to watch closely but it may not be much more than imagination otherwise, having her talk to a therapist might be helpful

She probably isn’t wrong… possibly she assumes shot for whatever reasons… kids are more open to things than adults are as they haven’t been in our world long.
My kids all did similar things regarding people and death…
Our energy never really leaves… my daughter would get to the window and laugh and smile and wave. When I asked her about it she said she was waving at daddy. Daddy is dead… one day she waved and said bye bye daddy and never did it again.
Then my other daughter woke up one morning after my next partners suicide. He was the dad she knew. She said to me daddy sorry mama, daddy sorry… she wasn’t even 2… listen to your child… it’s the best thing you can do.

No I dont see dead people I’ve seen a shadow figure once scared me to death.
But things I can’t explain have happened loved ones told their loved ones messages thru my dreams hasn’t happened in 4 years

Am I the only one that thinks the “pink hair and red bow” is blood from a gun shot wound to the head :pleading_face:

1 Like

Unless Sally or any of the other friends are harming her or threatening anyone I’d say it’s ok.
If you’re super worried you can do a cleanse

I’d ask her more, it honestly to me sounds like it stemmed from somewhere like tv and she added to it. Ask her where she first met Sally or where she came from.

I wouldn’t worry about this lots of children go threw this sort of thing. Small child has a sight for spirits or ghost not sure if you believe but I sure do similar to mediums they came from heaven and remember usually by the time school start they outgrow that stage . when threw similar with a grandson beutiful gift.

Don’t be freaked out, kids are more in tune with the other side and she sounds like she has a gift and a friend from the other side. :heartpulse:

16 Likes

So strange, my niece had an imaginary friend named sally too around 4/5 years old.

I would find a counselor that has experience with indigo children and see what some sessions do. It’s quite possible Sally Callie and Tally happened a long time ago and you will never get confirmation…I would let the counselor guide you on how to proceed.

Just ask questions but don’t over ask. Strange thing is my sister had an imaginary friend named Sally too and almost 20 years later my oldest had the same one. There’s no way my daughter would have known about hers let alone the name.

I’m sure it is normal. My son used to visit the Humming Bagel in the north pole after we were all in bed and asleep. One time the Humming Bagel got mad because his friends cut his hair when he was sleeping. Kids are weird and have crazy imaginations. He’s 17 now and perfectly fine.

I’m just really wondering… cause I also had/have the whole imaginary thing but… I met a girl when I was about 3 she was shot. But no one ever knew if she was like the real deal and I’m still confused… it freaks me sometimes. I wonder though… what if this little girl is dally and was shot and she is like a missing kid but maybe the parents never told anyone?? Weird…

Just be glad it’s one friend. Our 6 year old used to have a whole bunch of friends. It was annoying because every time they’d “play” outside, he’d stand with the door wide open FOREVER! Either they were really slow friends or there were a bunch. Mind you, our youngest was about 1 at the time and jetted for the door every time it was opened. Plus we have a dog that loves being outside. So, aside from the obvious letting the air/heat out, I had to deal with that…
As far as Sally goes, she’s definitely a ghost in my opinion. Kids get names wrong all the time so maybe her name wasn’t really Sally. Shelly maybe? Just an idea.

When my daughter was 4 she said there was a creepy man with black eyes in her closet I thought it was the normal kid stuff Until things started happening around my house we had a preacher come over an do a house cleansing an in the very last room I felt a breeze by my arm an my husband got 3 scratches on his back. Yeah we moved anyway an she hasn’t mentioned the bad man since not to mention the house was built a longtime before that an the owner who built it he died in that house.

It’s probably a jinn that lived at that time and knew these people. Some jinns live for thousands of years and can relate facts from the past. Children are very susceptible to them.
You might not be religious but you said any advice would be appreciated so here is what I would do.
Play the following link in your house every 3 days, the evil spirits can’t bear it.
Abu Huraira reported: Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Do not turn your houses into graveyards. Verily, Satan flees from the house in which Surat al-Baqarah is recited.”

Whatever you do, DO NOT mention the word “ghost” around her. You’ll freak her out, and make things a million times worse.

Had that happen, my son use to talk and play with a little girl. And at night we could actually hear her walking around the house. I went to put his clothes in the closet. And he screamed at me not to go in there because the bad man was in there. I didn’t listen to him and went on about my way. That night I got onto my kids to go to bed. Cause I could hear them playing around. Took a min for my eyes to adjust and when I went to get up the little girl was at the end of my bed. It was creepy. So I told her you need to go rest. This isn’t your home. Next day my son told me I was mean because I was mean to his friend. I talked to a friend that believed in that paranormal stuff. She told me that the girl can’t rest for some reason and that I needed to fix it. Because there’s good and evil. For the life of me I can’t even remember the girls name. But we googled everything. And when we did we found out. The guy was mentally ill, he came over on a ship with his daughter. He had believed she was possessed and that she was a spawn of Satan. So one night he grabbed her walked her down to the ocean and drowned her. A few days later he lost his mind even more and hung himself in the closet which is why my son said the bad man was in the closet. We ended up having the church come down, pray over the house, the closet. We all spoke to her and told her and told him it was time for them to go home…that it was ok. That she needed to rest now that she must be exhausted. My son told her bye. We actually found their headstones at the cemetery. We left flowers there. After that he never talked about her again. We ended up moving from the house a month later.

Keep asking her questions about sally . Let her know that your there to help

5 Likes

Its common for children to see spirits at a young age. I would deff keep an eye on it and discuss “sally”. I am a psychic intuitive/Tarot reader, former paranormal investigator as well as a practitioner. If you would like to discuss this more in depth my dms/pms are open. Personally, unless shes exposed to know about deaths/shootings its a bit detailed for an active imagination.

Could be a ghost or could be just her playing making up stuff
I never had imaginary friends when I was a kid
But as a adult I heard things an seen things and seem a ghost

We had 1 for almost 2 yrs. we went w it. Don’t deny the spirit. Embrace. We were told it’s bcuz she is highly intelligent. We made it thru you shall too. We had Alley!

I would investigate it more. Kids are more likely to see things than adults. Have her draw a picture or see someone who can draw a sketch of Sally.

My daughter is about to be 14 and she legit still to this day has hers 💁 I believe it’s spirits/ghosts… 3 people have died in the house we live in…2 of them were before we lived here…then my little brother a few years ago

Well pink hair would indicate she was shot in the head. :woman_shrugging:. Spirit speaking. You could ask her why she talks to her like why the ghost talks to her. And look up your address with the names maybe

As long as she’s not afraid I wouldn’t be worried

Has your daughter had any traumatic experiences lately?

As long as she isn’t afraid of Sally, I would say everything is okay

Maybe Sally from Nightmare before christmas

It’s probably a ghost. More than likely a passed loved one

Found out Alley was a child who died on the streets years ago prior from being hit by a car. Alley was a moving spirit!

My daughter had a friend named Castle … Daughter is 15 now and still.sees castle at times…

Set up a camera and see how imaginary sally is.

The one time I looked in my then bfs phone I saw he had an affair. I was 7 months pregnant. If it gives you the answers to move on do it.

Whether imaginary or spirit, it’s nothing to fear. Take control over your home. Cleanse it with sound and sage. Warding off any unwelcome spirits and then bring positivity and love back into your home with lavender and Palo Santo.

Unless there’s something outrageous happening just nurture it. It will run its course.

Sally brown from peanuts? Idk

Not unless you start seeing her too

1 Like

She is gifted, get her the appropriate help to work it!!! Love this.

Omg this is kinda freaky! Especially when my daughters name is Sally :tired_face::flushed: dam they way she explains everything thou​:see_no_evil:

No you should not worry. Nothing bad is happening and is normal.

My imaginary friend’s name when I was a kid was also Sally. It’s just a popular name for imaginary friends, I guess. :woman_shrugging:t3:

Awe you got a gifted baby. Dont force your adult opinions on her.

I have chills reading this… bizarre stuff

Please bring someone from the church and bless your house and everything in it. It’s not normal and this “sally” person is a demon disguised as the dead girl. Please bless your home. Start praying over your home. Start praying with your child and claim what’s yours. Your daughter and your home!!! :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

Children are more prone to seeing spirit. N to a lot of people it really freaks them out. I grew up with my mom reading tarot cards :flower_playing_cards: so spirit isn’t something that freaks me out. My middle daughter who’s now 17 has a very natural gift with talking to spirit and no I’m not crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: she’s actually told me anout stuff there is zero possibility she knew about.

2 Likes

I had one, his name was KC and I’ll leave it at that

Kgothatso Paige Matemotja bona di horror txa gago

I’d cleanse the house just incase

Probably from watching YouTube.

1 Like

Monitor what she is watching as well as hearing would be my suggestion

Sounds like she has a spirit friend maybe bring in a medium or something to help out hopefully “Sally” is a friendly ghost

1 Like

Holy smokes!!keep digging,keep her Engaged I would definitely on the down low question her to bring up memories hi your kids are very susceptible to seeing and remembering past experiences is soon goes away at around 8 or 9yrs years old Go to historical society and do some research on your neighborhood from long time ago

1 Like

My daughter for abt a year or so from the ages 2-3, had a friend named Dylan. She told me that he was nice, and she played w him every day… one day when she was in the bath, she told me that she was going to her Nanny’s but that Dylan didn’t want to come bc he didn’t like her cousin Braxten. She still remembers him to this day. She never said that he was imaginary. She believed that he was very real.

My Ex I married… his friends Name was Casper

She might have a gift. My 5 year old started talking about my childhood dog that passed away 3 years before she was even born😳

Hopefully sally doesn’t tell your daughter to do anything to herself or anyone else. Sometimes them voices can lead to something sinister.

2 Likes

my daughter had something similar happen. sally doesn’t sound threatening but my daughter would say things like “my baby is dead” and get very irate if you talked to her when she was talking to her “other mom”. she was 2. i cleansed my home and salted my window sills. i felt crazy and i swear she never mentioned her again after that !

My friend use to babysit my son and her son along with mine and another boy talked about a Megan… said she looked scary like she was burnt up and she would try to get them to come is some creepy closet… they also said there was an old woman who tried to pick them up and her son said mommy I don’t like it she tries to pick me up.

Since leaving the house we haven’t heard about a Megan but when we were moving her out of the house the rafters in the basement looked burnt!

It was creepy

My daughter also played with a little girl named Jennica… I actually saw her! I woke up one night because I could hear crying and I look by my closet and saw a little blonde girl ( who I thought was my daughter) crying. I was calling her name and she looked at me and put her head down and started crying again so I reached over to turn on my bedside lamp and she was gone and my daughter was actually in my bed sleeping… my mom told me a few days later that she had said she has a friend named Jennica who looks just like her and is 3 but she died and my mom asked how and she said her mommy drowned her in the tub… and I would hear things in my bathroom when the kids weren’t home like the toilet lid lifting and dropping. I moved lmao

Research who lived in your lived in your home …

Well since all the names rhymed I wouldn’t put much thought into it an be sure she isn’t hearing what’s goin on in the news or watching things related to crime on tv even though she may be playing in her room kids have ears they hear the tv they hear your conversations with others children with no friends or siblings to play with have a tendency to make up one then create stories about them from things they hear

My mom told me my freinds name was frankie. She has to set plates for them , next to me. She said she never knew if it was a boy or girl. I remember none of this. I wish frankie would come back.

Maybe u should seek a medium and see what they have to say bout the house

1 Like

Tally could be short for Tallulah.

This comments section is legit freaking me out :joy: Somebody’s gonna sleep with the lights on, tonight :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

1 Like

Cleanse your house and cleanse her stuff and her.

Tally Callie and Sally omfg that’s so bloody great :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Ugh. Why did I read this now when I’m already struggling to go to sleep.

That’s cool. Maybe ask her what sally and her talk about. Maybe what sally wants?

It’s fascinating
My nephew, years ago just after our mother/his grandmother died…

4 Likes

I found a “Sally” and “Callie” (lastname) Talley that were sisters a long time ago on Ancestry…! I couldn’t find their manner of passing, though. Probably no connection but I just had to Google it, was intrigued.

3 Likes

Not completely on point… but this census has all three names listed but talley is the brother. I wouldn’t put it against your daughter seeing spirits :thinking:

Does your daughter have an older sibling or anyone who may show her or read/relay “scary” stories?

This story sounds awfully familiar to a book (that also has a YouTube trailer for possible future movie) called The Ghost Files, even though the names are a bit off.

Except for the little girl, Sally who was shot.

The sister, Mattie, sees her ghost and is able to talk to her “beyond the grave”.

Keep talking to her. Death isn’t taboo (sorry i was a funeral director - I don’t find it taboo) just keep an open dialect with her. I don’t believe in ghosts or spirits or anything, so im no help there. But just keep talking and make sure she isn’t scared or feel that she needs to ‘be with them’

6 Likes

My imaginary friend was REAL my boyfriend was my old neighbor growing up and he lived in the house that the murder/suicide happen. I don’t doubt hers isn’t real either. At 5 idk how they’d really know how death works, ya know? Especially specific details

1 Like