My husband left our baby home alone: Advice?

Nope. Hire a babysitter. Have sleep overs for kids at grandparents. Not dad again. It’s not even about knowing exactly what to do as a parent, it’s about simple common sense :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nah, you’re not overreacting. He’s an idiot.
What if someone had broken in? What if the house had caught on fire? What if the baby had woken up right after he left and had been crying for almost 40 minutes?
I’m seeing replies that “men don’t have the instincts that mother’s do”. WTH? You don’t need ‘motherly instincts’ to know it’s an extremely bad idea to leave a baby home alone. Saying that is giving men like him a free pass when they do stupid/dangerous things because they aren’t women. I know many great dad’s that would never do that. I’ve also seen many ‘mother’s’ that would think it is perfectly OK.

1 Like

Take the kids and run! :worried:

1 Like

Dump the douche bag he’s so irresponsible nope you weren’t over reacting

1 Like

No you are not over reacting, at the same time, why wouldnt you find a different way home if you knew your kids would be sleeping

1 Like

Firstly I wouldn’t have any more kids with this man. And also I’d consider leaving. He doesn’t see anything wrong and he can’t even be trusted with his own children. Also he thinks he is doing something special by watching his own children. Yeah no

1 Like

You are not over reacting. It’s not like it was a bar around the corner and he could watch baby on a video monitor via his phone while he ran around the block to pick you up. You also said he was “on the bed” which makes me feel like he wasn’t IN a crib or pack n play. A four months that freaks me out so much. We are talking 40 minutes. And for him to turn that around and call you ungrateful is atrocious.

2 Likes

Why are you still with him if your kids aren’t safe? and he has no desire to change. He apparently does not value the safety of your children.

1 Like

Yeah that’s not ok, you’re not overreacting, and him saying you should be grateful he WATCHED the kids… They are HIS kids to… That’s called parenting!! And I don’t want to get on you, I know you needed time out, but I don’t understand if you don’t trust him with the kids, why leave them with him?

2 Likes

No absolutely not overreacting! A child’s life is nothing to play with. Maybe try to take a class on parenting skills together? Idk this is a tough one

Wtf …that’s Sooo wrong

That’s men for u that’s how they do it next time before he picks u up remind him to take the baby men are lazy and it’s our jobs to make them do shit

Document everything and divorce him so he doesn’t get custody

2 Likes

You know what his like why are you upset

Not over reacting. No parent should EVER LEAVE CHILDREN HOME ALONE PERIOD.

What if the house caught fire, or broken into, or any number of terrible situations that could have put your babies life at risk??? He was gone for at least 40 minutes. I suggest next time catch a taxi or Uber

1 Like

Hell no. Some people need to take parenting classes and he’s one of those people clearly. I would NEVER leave my children alone with my boyfriend if he even thought that was okay, especially alone on an open bed. Don’t let him get away with this please, drill it into him that it can’t happen again.

You are not overreacting.

I’m just asking a question…why after seeing how he was with the first child would you think he would be different with a second child? By a year old and you fighting about grapes, you knew he wasn’t going to be as responsible as you wanted him to be, why risk that with a second child?

Any way…you aren’t overreacting, leaving a 4 month home alone is ridiculous. I do think that you should have had one of your friends take you home though. Not because your husband is an idiot but because it was late and they are little.

1 Like

Oh no you have every right to be livid. I am sorry to say if you want to stay with him you will always need to hire a sitter or ask the grandparents to watch them. No common sense is right!! He is their Dad and should never have to be asked to watch them or you have to tell him how to take care of them.

1 Like

You definitely are not overreacting!! He could lose right to his kids and unfortunately, by default, because you left them in his care, so could you. And he is not a child. He should know that a 4 month old is completely and totally dependent on another person for literally EVERYTHING.

1 Like

I would tell him do you have any idea how much trouble you would have been in if something, God forbid, had happened to the baby while he was left home alone? Tell him he should be glad that nothing happened because he could be facing charges right now. I’d call your local police department and ask them how young can a child be left home alone legally and ask what are the repercussions for leaving a small child at home alone because it sounds like your hubby needs some educating. :woman_shrugging:t2: Men are just clueless in general and most act like they have little to no fatherly instinct at all. :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Omfg no just no I’d loose my God damn mind at him that is insane wtf :flushed:

Not over reacting at all what an idiot!!! Leave his ass before your poor kids have to deal with the consequences

Leave him. If something happens to one of your kids, you will never forgive yourself. And his whole attitude that he is doing you a favor by watching his own kids. Nope.

1 Like

What the actual fuck

How sad is it that we share oxygen with people this stupid?

Tell him to go talk the department of family and children services…… take those kids in a minute!

The house could have caught on fire ! Ur not overreacting but men are men and thats why they are not moms. They dont get it !
Hire a babysitter next time.

Definitely not overreacting but if you knew he couldn’t be trusted why on earth did you have another child with him?

1 Like

You’re not wrong, what if there was a fire, and where dies he get off at making a comment that he watched them for her? Aren’t they his kids too? There would be knots on his head and he’d be lucky if I didn’t show his irresponsible ass the door!!

I would get rid of him and make sure he had no rights with the kids. Doesn’t sound like he cares much for his kids.

2 Likes

Not over reacting at all. Anyone who can justify leaving a 4 month old baby home alone should not have children. Period.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s illegal at least in some states to leave young kids home alone, let alone A BABY!!! That’s crazy!

2 Likes

Probably not the best plan to bring both kids to pick you up from the bar… Could you not have gotten a ride or taken a cab?

1 Like

No not at all obviously he’s a moron I’d leave my hubby if he ever did that I get pissed if he takes them to the park a block away and don’t answer the phone as soon as I call yes I’m that mother!

No you’re not overreacting you need to tell him that CPS would straight up take your kids away and never give them back if they knew he did something like that.

2 Likes

Sorry this was meant for some one else who’ 16 yrs old was left home alone while his dad went to pick up the wife I meant to send this to a tx

You’re DEFINITELY NOT overreacting. But if you know your husband is a MORON that can’t be trusted with the babies, why keep leaving them with him. I’m not gonna lie, it sounds like he does this :poop: on purpose so you won’t leave them with him.

6 Likes

You are 100% not over reacting.
He was very irresponsible!

1 Like

He was super wrong for leaving any child home alone especially a newborn who cannot defend themselves let alone barely move. And you are selfish for wanting him to pick you up and wake 2 kids at 11 at night. You could have taken a cab or something home. If you don’t trust him with your kids why would you leave them alone with him ? Why would you have another baby with him ? I’m not trying to be rude or down you but this just sounds crazy.

Wait so you knew he can’t be trusted and still left your kids with him to go get drunk? Honestly that’s child endangering on both your parts. Someone needs to investigate cuz that house doesn’t sound safe for kids.

4 Likes

Nope. I would’ve flipped out too!!! Who would even think that was ok? It’s just as bad as leaving your baby alone in the car while you run into the store. It is never ok to leave a baby home and unattended like that. It’s time to sign him up for parenting classes, ASAP!

Never leave them with him again anything could have happened to the baby in that time

1 Like

First of all, I blame you for his negligence because you already know how passive he is about raising kids, a lot of things could’ve went wrong and you just got lucky! Either leave your kids with a responsible adult, or don’t leave them at all!! :woman_facepalming:t2:

9 Likes

You were 100% right to be livid.

Call the police and ask them to inform him of how wrong this is. :rage:

If u ever leave your kids alone with that idiot, u should be arrested, u know he’s incompetent and u don’t really need advice, find a babysitter if u have to go somewhere, he can’t be trusted

9 Likes

He was WRONG!! NO you are NOT OVERREACTING! I would NEVER leave him with the kids again. He needs to GROW UP AN LEARN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF HIS CHILDREN !! Good Luck!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No father WATCHES their children. They should be just as much his responsibility as yours. You are definitely not overreacting, but you are either gonna need counseling so that a professional can help him understand he needs to grow up and be responsible or you are going to have to accept that he isn’t a father and for you to not have expectations otherwise and protect your kids by whatever means necessary even if that means leaving him. There could be value in the relationship, but having a partner raising kid is key. I hope you figure it out soon.

3 Likes

Im sorry but how freaking stupid is he??? Like what the hell is wrong with him. You are so not over reacting. Grow the hell up. He is more then old enough to know that that is so not ok. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:. Big note to yourself, dont ever leave them with him again. Your not an idiot like some morons on here have said. You are allowed some you time. Im sure you were hoping he would use what little brain cells he has but he proved he has none. Maybe next time get a babysitter that you can trust or have a friend or family member help out. I’d be telling him to get the hell out after that nonsense. Good luck!!

4 Likes

Never ok to leave any child home alone under 12 years old

3 Likes

Ahh. CPS will take your kids away from the home in a heartbeat if they were to find this out. My brother lost all his kids when his wife left them home alone. The youngest was like a year old at the time

You weren’t interested in those types of guys when you decided you were ready to start multiplying.

Honestly i would report him to the police and cps and never let him see that kid until he can prove he’s been through classes that teach basics of taking care of kids. That classifies as neglect and if he shows no emotion about it either (which it seems he doesnt) thats a problem. You deserve someone who cares about your kids and who cares about your feelings about your kids and their safety. You are definitely not overreacting! If he makes you feel that way he’s wrong. I would runnn

1 Like

No you are not. You need to leave him.

2 Likes

He is too stubborn or obtuse to try and see reasoning. Next time you go out for drinks, if you don’t have a nominated sober driver among you, get an Uber home instead. Meantime print out or show brochures regarding legislation of childcare and leave them for him to find and read.

2 Likes

That is illegal for one is he insane u r not overreacting

3 Likes

Personally I would have checked on the kid and then put him in the hospital for doing something like that and heavily consider divorce unless he promises to change and actually does change

2 Likes

Long ago there was a couple with 3 children each one worked different shifts. He worked 3rd shift she first. He was running late so she thought just as your husband did that she would just head out he would be home soon . While the children slept a fire started in the house and they unfortunately lost all 3 children
Sometimes it seems easier to leave them sleeping but please tell your husband this story he thinks to leave them behind…good luck

1 Like

You don’t trust him but left the kids with him to go drinking anyway makes alot of sense. Hopefully now you won’t luckily baby was ok

1 Like

You honestly need to leave. If you do stay you need to never leave him alone with your children. He’s dangerous. Imagine if your house caught on fire while he was picking you up. Or the baby woke up and fell off the bed and hurt himself badly. He will either cause you to lose your children or something bad will happen. This is serious. If CPS finds this out and you stated you’ll lose your kids.

2 Likes

So he’s not experienced. Do a parenting class together

1 Like

Not over reacting but he may not know.

1 Like

I would of been packing my bags and out the door that night. Absolutely unacceptable. I’m so sorry you’re going through this. You and the children deserve better

1 Like

You’re not over reacting. A while back there was a news story of a woman who left her kids asleep with her parents in the same house but separate unit. She was gone just a few minutes. In that time the house caught fire. All the kids died. She was charged with manslaughter. Anything can happen. He left an infant alone for at least 40 minutes. Totally unacceptable. Document all this. Leave him as soon as you can.

1 Like

Your not over reacting at all. I would hold my ground and not speak to him either. Some people you just can’t teach them and or they have no interest in learning instead they will make you think they are right. Ask him to do an anonymous call to the police and ask if that’s OK or do what everyone else would and report him to the police. Cause If he thinks that’s OK then that’s a major safety risk and you will never get the time to yourself with him so might aswell let him go cause you probably do it alone anyway. Get a man that actually cares.

2 Likes

First off, he didn’t watch your kids for YOU, they are his children, too, and half his responsibility. I’m sure there has been plenty of times you’ve “watched” them. Second, I could never be with someone that incompetent or allow him around my kids when he totally disregards their safety. There and back is 40 minutes, there is A LOT that can happen in that time. There is no excuse for what he did other than laziness and it’s unacceptable. I’d leave him, you’ll never be able to trust him to take care of his own children and he might be the reason you lose one of them.

1 Like

No…he needs to grow up. Problem is…he has never been taught these values/child rearing practices. But it sounds like he won’t listen anyway. Don’t leave him alone with them.

What if the house had a fire

There is no excuse for what he did . Common sense

Zero overreaction here! I would have been LIVID!! I highly suggest therapy for the both of you (him really, but you should go so you can explain your side to the therapist and why you don’t trust him) also, keep record of ALL of this! Write it all down! If you do leave him and he files for custody or even shared custody… the kids will have to spend time with him if he wins. Keeping track of all this will help your side when/if it comes down a custody battle. Good luck! I’m sorry that your night out turned into this. That’s not fair at all. I was a stay at home mom too until my kids were old enough to go to school and the very few times I was able to go out with friends was nice. Again, sorry this happened :disappointed:

Here’s a thought…what if you all got in a car accident (God Forbid!!) and you were both taken to the hospital unconscious (or worse) How long might it be before someone starts to question where the baby is?!

2 Likes

He aint all there mama

2 Likes

Holy.fuck.

What did I just read.

This is terrifying.

He shouldn’t have left the baby home but I also wouldn’t expect him to put the kids in the car to come and get you because you’ve been drinking. You should have caught a cab and he should have stayed home with both of your children.

12 Likes

Why would you have another kid with him if there was such issues to begin with

2 Likes

Absolutely not!!! If you lived on a military base, you can’t leave a child home alone till they are 12.

Oh helllllll to the no. He would be on the side of a milk carton.

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: you have a 2 yr old so all this isn’t new to him he just doesn’t care, run and take ur kids with u, this is not going to change

1 Like

Left the 4month old on the bed too? What if the baby woke up and fell off so many things. Could have gone wrong. Good grief you are definitely not over reacting. He’s is in the wrong 10000000 percent

2 Likes

I would be livid. That is totally uncalled for behavior on your husband’s part. He could easily be charged with child abandonment and/or child abuse to leave a four month old home alone for 40 minutes? I would talk to your baby’s pediatrician at his next visit and see what he suggests to say to your husband, either that or have your husband go with you to this appointment and ask in front of the doctor. I am sure that the pediatrician would have several poignant words to tell him. He is really being careless and stupid to take a chance like that.

I think you’re under reacting. I would have blown my literal lid off. He wouldn’t even have a chance to be a narcissistic gaslighting jerk about it.

6 Likes

I couldn’t even finish reading this fcukery!! Girl… you chose the wrong man to procreate with, because my dude is clearly a fcuking imbecile. Furthermore… watching your own children should never be considered a “favor” to the mother … you’re a parent too, azz clown! :exploding_head::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

Oh mama - I would have thrown his ass out then and there. You have EVERY right too be livid

I really hope you read these answers! Your gut is telling you everything you need to know and everything you need to do. You’re afraid to leave your kids alone with him! He doesn’t believe in safety precautions. if anyone found out what he did they would be reporting him for child endangerment. If anything happened to the baby while he was picking you up? They will also charge you with child endangerment for knowing better than leaving your kids alone with him. You wanna get your kids taken away from you because you choose to stay with him? Because that’s where this is headed. They’re either gonna get taken away from you because of his dumb behavior or because you’re still with him and his dumb behavior. Or something bad is gonna happen to that one of the kids! If you can’t him to be trusted alone with them? While you’re not there? He can’t be trusted while you’re folding clothes in the other room and he is in the kitchen with them alone. You should’ve called the cops on him when you got home for endangering the life of a four month old infant? Who was on the bed? You know the answers to these questions. You better smarten up and make a lot of changes! Right now!

1 Like

Wow wow :flushed: no momma you’re not over reacting. 1st never feel guilty to take some time for your self being a momma is hard work and if I couldn’t trust my husband the father of my children to take absolutely amazing care of our babies that would be a wrap!

1 Like

What if your house had started on fire while he left the baby there alone sleeping? What if the baby woke up and worked its way off the bed and hit its head on the metal of the bed or the floor? No one with a lick of sense would leave a 4 month alone in a house EVER!!! You are not wrong! Your husband is a irresponsible IDIOT!! Sorry!!

1 Like

Leave and get the hell out,he don’t care about your childrens safety

The fact he said “watch the kids for you” is a done for me. He is the other parent not babysitter and if he thinks he is he should be paying u for all the time u “watch his kids” :woman_shrugging:t3:

But no mama u are NOT overreacting I don’t even go in a gas station without pulling out my kids let alone a 40 minute drive

2 Likes

Oh he’ll no! Left a 4 month old baby alone? That is crazy and dangerous :flushed: I mean the baby could fall off the bed, the house could catch on fire, what if you were both in a car accident and the baby is alone at home for God knows how long. No way! I would have got a cab or Uber home so he didn’t have to wake the kids but also there is ZERO excuse to leave a baby home alone!

You are NOT overreacting… I can’t even tell you all the things that could have happened that ran through my mind and I’m not even in this situation. More than likely he is not going to change, keep an eye out for more dangerous behavior and leave with your children when you feel you are able. You need to feel that your children are safe for your own peace of mind.

I think the fact that he said he’d “watch” the kids “for you” so you could go out is the first red flag here. My fiance is not the biological father of my 3 sons but he calls them his sons and I call them his sons (for reference to my point it’s the ONLY reason I say he isn’t their bio dad) but he doesn’t even consider it “watching” the boys “for me”. If I want to go out I say “are you going to be home tonight?” And if he says yes, all I have to say is “ok well I’m going to go out if you don’t have any plans for us”. That’s it. No asking him to watch the kids. Same when his daughter is at our house. He doesn’t ask me to “watch” her. If he knows I’m home and has to be somewhere, she stays home with me.

Second red flag is him thinking leaving a 4 month old sleeping on your bed alone is ok even if he is in the other room…

3rd red flag is him thinking in you are over reacting and making you second guess how fucked up that scenario is. I could understand if it was like an 8 year old or something MAYBE but an actual BABY? HELL NO!

Just put your foot down. Id snap & tell him in reeaal simple words how to parent :roll_eyes:

He gives zero fs about those kids. Don’t leave them with him again and dump the :wastebasket:

2 Likes

You do not leave a 4 month home alone, the house could catch fire, or someone takes the baby, he is in the wrong.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s conditioned you. This is a form of abuse honey. This is a manipulative tactic to keep you from going out with out him and staying home with the kids. You need to get them in some kind of child care, get a job, and leave him!!! I wouldn’t leave him with the kids and I would document everything! Date/Time/Neglect for when he tries to fight you for custody.

1 Like

Parenting classes? Therapy?

If u have to do it by your self ubshould be by your self. Way less stress dealing w a man that is like that! Worry about u and ur kids and find a real man to help ya

I’d be TICKED and I could not be with someone who lacks common sense when it comes to my children and their safety! Kick him out and never leave those babies alone with him ever again!

2 Likes