My husband left our baby home alone: Advice?

…don’t leave the kids alone with him. Don’t ever let him be in charge of them. Take em and leave. Report his ass to cps. Do anything to make sure those babies are safe.

As a mother, you are definitely not overreacting at all!

Truthfully, if it was me…I would’ve already taken the kids and left him. For me, my kids are my world. Safety always comes first. Once you mess with my kids or do something to jeopardize their safety…I’m done.

The fact that he doesn’t think he did anything wrong also concerns me. At 42 years old, you should know better.

You also shouldn’t be scared to leave your kids home alone with their father. That statement alone should tell you it’s over and to take the kids and leave.

I’m also a stay at home mom, I don’t get out much either. I don’t trust hardly anyone with my kids. My husband would never do anything like this though. Our youngest is almost 9 years old and he would never leave her by herself.

1 Like

Leave him. He will end up harming one of the children and you’ll never recover. He is at best a negligent piece of shit.

Oh hell no. At the very least, you should never leave him with your children. If it were me, I would put him out.

1 Like

He would catch these hands!!

2 Likes

Not ok. Why didn’t you take a an Uber. Why is the world would wake your kids up to get you while you went out to have a drink

2 Likes

Yes he was wrong but on some level so are you. You went drink good for you that is find and dandy and I don’t blame you for waiting too. The reason I say you were wrong is because you should have though about your kids as well. What if both them were asleep would it have been fair to wake them. Both of you should have planned maybe a Uber or another ride just in case

3 Likes

Ask him what would happen if, god forbid, there’s a fire… what a bafoon

1 Like

First of all, he’s not doing a “favor” by watching HIS kids too. I would never leave a sleeping baby, yes I’ve missed out on events but I planned around my daughters schedule. Not saying it’s on you at all, because he is more than capable, or at least needs to be. I mean that’s just common sense! It’s not a favor, it’s parenting.

6 Likes

Weaponized incompetence. If he messes up he won’t have to do it again. He knew exactly what he was doing.

3 Likes

I would be leaving & filing for full custody!

3 Likes

Yea that is NOT ok at all especially at only 4 months old. Hell no that would not fly with me. My husband would have never ever done something like that.

No!!! You’re not overreacting at all! You could lose your kids like that. The house could’ve caught on fire, someone could’ve broken in and taken her. She could’ve choked. Your anger is 100% understandable.

I couldn’t be with someone who constantly made me worry like that.

2 Likes

You’re not overreacting!!! He’s a liability to your children! Make him go to parenting classes with you!

No, you are not over-reacting. Unacceptable and he should be mature enough to know better.

It’s almost like he did that on purpose so you don’t do that again :thinking::thinking: what an idiot . That is ILLEGAL and wrong on so many levels and thank god nothing happened to the baby… . I do think you should’ve found another way home tho instead of waking up your children after bedtime…

2 Likes

Back in his younger years , parents left the kids home all the time sleeping just to go to the shop etc. It’s crazy huh :sweat_smile:
He probably didn’t think much of it.

1 Like

If something happened or someone called the police you could at very least get your kids taken away…
I had a fire start from a plug in…it happened fast .if something like that happened and you weren’t home and god forbid your children were hurt or worse then jail time…
I would never leave kids again…of course that may be what he wants by his statement I watched them for you .like he has nothing to do with his own children

There is so much wrong with this man that I would need a PhD to explain it.

2 Likes

First a baby should not be left sleeping on a bed. And for heavens sake who the hell leaves children alone, especially a baby!! Now for you, going out drinking with your friends, expecting hubby to wake the kids to pick you up at 11 pm?

3 Likes

I would be fucking livid!!!

U need to do something it’s not only danger to ur child if social services find out u could lose ur children hope u sort it out. If they were my children I would never leave them alone with him gd luck x

1 Like

Wow that is so wrong your not over reacting because who in the right mind leaves a 4 month old baby home alone but you should arranged another way of getting home

1 Like

WTH. I think he did it so you won’t go out again. I’d throw him the hell out. He’s an idiot. The place could have gone in fire. So many things could have happened but thank goodness didn’t

2 Likes

That’s something they would take your children. For good reason. Of course it’s not ok. A fire could start, the baby could choke on its spit up. Why would anyone think that is ok is beyond me

Def not overreacting that was very irresponsible to do that he absolutely cannot be trusted with the kids anything could have happened

1 Like

1NO CHILD OR BABY should be left.alone 13yr responsible yes maybe
Omg he is an a@@
2 they are his kids as well
So that isnt a favor ever
He doesn’t seem to care at all for them
N just ugh

Maybe he didn’t think much of it

1 Like

You cant trust him but thought it was a good choice to leave your two kids with him to go to a bar? Sounds like your judgement is as good as his.

2 Likes

Yeah well Madeline Mcaans parents thought it was fine to leave a child alone as well …remind him of that , you are well within your rights to be upset

1 Like

Thats your child. No matter what anyone else thinks or says. If you have a problem then it needs to be addressed!!! Even if it is the dad. He don’t sound very baby smart so I would buy him a bunch of dad books… smack him with them if you need to. Lol

Your husband is freaking idiot!

2 Likes

Honestly, I’d never leave him alone with your kids again. If you want to go out, get a family member or a babysitter or don’t go out at all. I couldn’t imagine if my husband done something like that what I would do.

2 Likes

Take him with you to a pediatrician check up. Ask the questions about cutting grapes and leaving kids home alone in front of the doctor so he can hear it from an authority figure. Then give him the “I told you so look”

3 Likes

I’d be livid! There is nothing wrong with you having a night for yourself…we all need it!! Maybe hire a sitter and if he bitches about it bring up this night! The fact that he can’t comprehend that a baby shouldn’t ve left alone is a whole other issue!

No overreaction at all. What if there was a fire? What if someone would have broken in, what if baby rolled off the bed and had gotten hurt. There are way too many reasons why this is dangerous.

1 Like

You can’t trust him with your kids but keep having kids with him :grimacing::roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Pack you and your kids up and LEAVE

5 Likes

No you can’t leave any young child alone it’s careless and neglect but not to be rude dragging 2 young kids out when should be in bed isn’t brilliant either. You’ve said not the 1st issue but still left 2 kids with him.seems both your judgements are off.

He seems like a narcissist. Honestly that’s insane that anyone would ever think this is even remotely ok. And he thinks he’s doing you a favourite by “watching” his own children… that’s ridiculous.

6 Likes

You were “being ungrateful that he watched your kids?!?!” No. It’s called PARENTING and that is what PARENT does. Baby was sleeping ON the bed?!?!? Not in? Does this mean the baby was on a bed that they could’ve rolled off of?!?!?
The turning things around on you and getting mad at you is a sign of narcissism at its finest.
Do you really want to live in a home and be in a marriage where you are fearful for your child’s safety and quite frankly, be married to a jerk who sounds like he doesn’t want to help PARENT? I’d think long and hard about what you want for you and your kids futures….

1 Like

If you better off w out his help bc he cant watch kids you might as well be doing it alone.

Never leave a child alone. Better have him go to parenting classes or never leave him with your children.

1 Like

No! He can’t handle the responsibility obviously!

There’s a word for this… it’s a thing men do so that they don’t have to take on responsibilities when it comes to housework or children. It’s weaponized incompetence

5 Likes

Some people shouldn’t breed, he is one of them.

Absolutely not. Do not leave him alone with your children. Trust your gut. He needs to learn.

It’s negligence anything could happen totally unacceptable

Don’t let him watch your kids anymore that’s for dam sure

This whole situation is fucked. You’re looking for validation and you’re not in the right either. You have young children that don’t need to be woken up just to pick you up. Uber or limit yourself so you can drive when you go out. He’s 100% dead ass wrong in what he did and his reaction. But given the history, you laid out, you knew he wasn’t the brightest.

I’d leave, this is not even somewhat of a question. If I can’t trust my children alone with you- you have NO place in my life. Whatsoever. Father or not.

6 Likes

Omg you are not over reacting. He is the type who will say he “babysat” his own kids. Get rid of him now.

2 Likes

Wtf?! Get a divorce and get custody

He’s doing it to train you. He’s hoping you’ll think twice before going out with the girls for drinks ever again. It’s weaponized incompetence.

6 Likes

Ummmm, ditch. He has no clue how to raise children. I would never trust such a dumbass.

I can’t believe this is a real post. He would’ve been out of the house or I would’ve put my hands on the man about my child. Negligence on both of your parts in the eyes of the law sadly. If the baby happened to pass away from Sid’s, someone broke in etc, it may be far fetched but it does happen. You both would’ve been at fault and he was okay to risk that. The fact that you don’t seem THAT angry really bothers me. This whole post is sick.

2 Likes

Yea so it’s not an opinion, child services will literally take ur kid for that. Leave. Now.

2 Likes

Read all the comments…They have said everything I would have said!!!

1 Like

If he isn’t willing to take parenting classes then I’d leave hun. I’m sorry you tried to have a night out and give him a chance to be a proper parent and he failed you and your kids. He clearly doesn’t understand how dangerous it is and thought it was okay to do that so ya hun I’d try to talk to him about parenting classes go about that way and see if he is willing to do things the right way and learn and if not then it’s in your best interest and your children’s to leave and be safe. I wouldn’t allow him to be alone with the kids anymore until he proves himself and does classes. I hope the very best for you and your family :heart:

This is unacceptable and I wonder what his true motive is whether it’s truly didn’t want to disturb the baby to get you or because he knew you would have a negative reaction as if teaching you not to go out. ( which is well deserved) the decision alone is unforgivable and makes you wonder since he’s shrugging it off if he can truly be trusted. Even in a divorce this would he a huge concern. I suggest couples therapy and some parenting classes. If nothing can get through to him how dangerous his actions were then further actions must occur. And unfortunately the next night out you take, I’d find more reliable sitter and find a different way home. Also, fathers do not “watch or babysit” their own children.

First of all… why have a second child with this sad excuse for a father?!
And he called you ungrateful that he watched HIS OWN KIDS FOR YOU!!! Girl… he wouldn’t be living with me anymore…

2 Likes

“Watch your kids for you?” Girl that should have not only been a red sign, but a red blast to the face.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s screwed up. Leave him. There’s no way he is partner material let alone Father material. Run.

Oh Wow! That is totally not ok! He should of never left the baby home alone if he made a habit of that and CPS found out you could lose your baby or god forbid the house caught on fire! I’d have a hard time getting over that and the grapes are a huge no too what is he thinking??

1 Like

1st…off I’d be in Jail if Anyone had Done by Baby like that…He wouldn’t be Breathing.
2nd …Ya’ll could’ve gotten hurt in a car accident & Baby at Home alone. R
Really This Fool is a Looser & you need to cut him out of your kids life before they end up Dead.

Imo sounds controlling.

1 Like

He left a 4 month old baby on a bed completely alone in the house for 20 minutes?! :flushed:
What if he were to wake up move and suffocate himself. You could loose your children for this type of thing. I wouldn’t risk it and explain how serious it could have been. Definitely wouldn’t trust him anymore.

2 Likes

20 minutes away means at least 40 minutes that the baby was by itself.

1 Like

Throw the whole boy away!!!

2 Likes

On the freaking bed even!! What if that boy was to roll right off!! You are not over reacting in the slightest! I honestly wouldn’t be with a man who is that careless with our babies!!

3 Likes

You aren’t overreacting. That is a gigantic huge no no no especially in the US . I think your husband is doing the most pathetic ahole thing that some men do which is acting so dumb and incompetent that we as mothers have to step up and save the day. I would tell him he needs to step up and maybe go to couples counseling together. His priorities should change and family should be the focus and that means if you need a night out once in a while that he isn’t going to "accidentally " murder the kids he’s the other PARENT not some random stranger-that’s just ridiculous. He needs to step up or maybe reconsider his role in your lives. You have to have trust and if he can’t even acknowledge that you have concerns than he’s not being respectful to you or your relationship.

I’d tell him to kick rocks… Leaving a 4 month old at home alone for 20 minutes there n 20 minutes back is NOT ok at all… What happens if he woke up n was crying nonstop n someone called the police for a welfare check or if someone broke into ur home in those 40 minutes he was gone… That is not ok… I would understand leaving the child in the house alone to just step outside to check the mail or something like that but not to get in a vehicle n leave

3 Likes

Instead of snapping instantly, I would have probably educated him on the dangers he’s put your child/children in and that’s why you’ll be getting a divorce and have full custody x

1 Like

Is he insane? Like literally, medically insane? You need to sign him up for parenting classes. I can’t even think of where to begin on just how wrong and negligent that was. And he “watched the kids for you?” They’re his fucking kids. He’s not watching them for you, he’s being a dad. In no way is taking care of y’all kids designated as your job. Stay at home mom or not.

You are definitely not over reacting. Hiw would he feel if he returned home to your home on fire and fire personel outside, knowing he had left his defenseless child alone in that house. Id be packing either my shit or his. Completely unacceptable.

You said it your self he has no logic or awareness with our children safety! And if you know this you need to leave and no look back.

It’s not ok on any level.

Id leave thats not ok to leave a baby home alone bc they are sleeping

2 Likes

Unacceptable…PERIOD!!

This is a definite fucking line. Instant fucking divorce. Get the fuck out and go to a fucking parenting class Jess Ramsey

1 Like

That is HORRIFIC he did that!
I would definitely not trust him until the kids were much older to ever leave them alone with him. Next girls night you have I’d def be taking an Uber.

Kick him out before he hurts one of your children or worse.

WOWWWWW!!! Definitely NOT over reacting!!! That’s something that would make me want a divorce!!!

Men don’t have the instinct us moms have.
Maybe the right thing to do would have been getting an Uber.
Having 2 little kids up at 11:00 pm isn’t the best either.

3 Likes

You did not over react…he is an idiot period…what he did is totaly unexceptable…and i would venture to wunder if he does this from time to time during the day when you are gone to work…id say NIP this in the butt before disaster does strike one of the children in the future because of his negligence…and yes…family services will take your kids for it…both of the kids

You never leave a child by their self sleeping or not. A million things can happen

1 Like

I personally know of 4 kids that have died in house fires from being left alone. 2 when I was in elementary and 2 not very long ago. I’d be pissed.

2 Likes

That’s insane that he thought it was OK to leave a baby unattended for 40 mins and on the bed at that… what if baby had woken up crying and rolled off the bed and hit his head?? You’re in a scary situation and I wouldn’t leave the kids with him alone ever

1 Like

What if your baby rolled? Can he roll off the bed. This happened to my friend while she was in the shower

Nope if my husband did that we be divorced after I educate him on it because that’s very dangerous. Many things could of happened while y’all gone.

1 Like

Sweetie. Darling. Angel. If he doesn’t think he did anything wrong he’s not going to change. I think you know, as well as everyone here, that you were not only NOT overreacting but that you need to excuse yourself from that relationship before someone gets hurt. When kids safety is involved people are going to be honest and speak up.
Sending you positive thoughts for you to do what’s best for you and your children.

1 Like

Nope not over reacting. Don’t really have any advice for you though

“you should be grateful that I watched OUR kids for you” ummm…he’s an asshole, plain and simple, I’d get rid of his ass. And furthermore for the simple reason you can NOT trust him with them, that would be a reason for me to go.
#deadbeatliveindaddy

I’d fucking leave him

Some men doesn’t have the instincts we women have, we are over protecting and we overthink everything , what he did was absolutely wrong but I think he did have “ good intentions “ about not wanting to wake up the baby.
I also think that asking him to pick you up that late with the kids wasn’t the best idea neither , you should have asked one of yours friends to drive you back or took a taxi/ Uber .
Nice time , consider it or just hire a babysitter.

1 Like

Holy crap - reading this gave me anxiety! He is 100% in the wrong and you are not overreacting!! Definitely would not trust him alone with the kids

2 Likes

Just the fact that he said you’re ungrateful for watching “your” kids for you shows how immature he is.

4 Likes

NO! Not overreacting!!!

1 Like

Next time hire a sitter!!!

Nope not overreacting, so now I hope you’ve learned the lesson that you cannot trust him with your children. Yikes!
What if something happened in the car ride home?

3 Likes