My husband left our baby home alone: Advice?

I literally filed for divorce after my ex husband did this. Except I was at work and he was at the bar. It was the last straw.

2 Likes

No you are NOT overreacting! I would be livid.

Sorry, if l couldnt trust my husband with our children, that’d be grounds for divorce and having a guardian lined up in case l dropped dead. God forbid op’s husband is actually forced to parent, he’d do very poorly

1 Like

I would never leave our children at home that young, even if I was just running out really quick. I would’ve been just as angry and have a hard time getting over it. def tell him that is an absolute NO going forward.

He made a terrible decision. Take an Uber next time.

1 Like

Why would you leave him with the children if you can’t trust him with the children? You are just as wrong as he is for leaving the children with him knowing he is irresponsible. You both need parenting classes

4 Likes

Omg no way image there was a fire id be so mad id be saying shape up get help or go

1 Like

Just think, if something was to happen to you, he’s getting your kids.
Do with that info what you please.

2 Likes

That is child neglect he can go to jail for that I’d leave him asap and tell a judge he needs to have supervised visits only and tell the judge that child at home alone and file for full custody of both

1 Like

Everything and anything could have happened, imagine something happened to you in a car accident or car broke down miles away, baby on it’s own :face_with_peeking_eye:can’t begin to imagine the consequences of this decision x

1 Like

I would be saying Bye.

My aunts friend went to visit her friend in the same apartment building with her children sleeping at home alone and a fire started in the apartment and all 3 of her children died before she could get to them. Not overreacting IMO. Maybe he’s just not using that organ in his head🙃

You are not overreacting. That’s not okay in any situation. You need to get a plan in place to ensure that situation never happens again.

i.e call a Uber ask a trusted friend to pick you up.

He put your child at risk and that’s never okay.

You should be grateful that he looked after HIS children? :woozy_face: you didn’t make babies alone and you deserve a break! I would have lost it if my baby had been left home alone! If my husband ever picks me up from anywhere, the children come with him even if it does mean waking them up

No u not Overreacting, i dont leave my child in car even when paying for fuel……however why would you ask him to pick up at such a time with kids? U should have gotten taxi. No ok he left them, no ok from u to ask him to wake them up … and the trust? Well that is something u will have to figure out or u got no future….

2 Likes

You are not overreacting a stunt like that something very bad could have happened the fact that you haven’t put that man out or left gives me pause I would not trust him around the children at all either one of them not unsupervised that is not acceptable not acceptable at all you need to leave or you need to put him out your children are not safe with him and he just proved it

Why would you want him to bring the babies out at that time.? Irresponsible if you ask me not just of your husband but you too.! Never would I as a mother ask my husband to do it. Get a taxi. Sorry but it’s harsh truth. Maybe you both think next time

9 Likes

No your not
Hes a waste of space get rid of him

You are not over reacting. Remember it is your job to protect your children. They could get taken away from you as well if you allow this type of negligent behavior to happen. Protect your babies.

So your husband left your four month old baby alone for atleast 40minues? :flushed: I would NEVER leave my children alone with him again . Anything could happen in that time, that is beyond me. I would be absolutely furious that he thought that was okay.

1 Like

Noooooo. No no no no. Never ever ever. I wouldn’t stay with him, he put your baby in serious danger. Anything could have happened. But you should have got a taxi. That’s a ridiculous time to bring two young babies out

1 Like

Never leave children alone! What if there was a fire or something etc?

1 Like

It’s no no no … Don’t leave your kids with him again … 40 mins 4 month on its own … Wow … What was he thinking … YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT TO SAY SOMETHING AND BE MAD …I would as a mother report this … it’s him in the wrong not you …

First if all he is their father. There should be no attitude from him to watch the children when you need a break. He was there too when yall conceived. They are his kids too so that should have never been thrown in your face. He helped make them He can help raise them.
The second issue in the room is him not taking the baby. A little baby isn’t going to miss 30 to 40 minutes of sleep if they are woken up to come get you, in other words YES he should have brought the baby. PERIOD. What is his deal? What if the baby woke up and started crying, cried for so long it woke a neighbor, neighbor calls yhe cops, cops go in, no patents baby all alone. This means jail time, court appearances, money and would end up some jail time for child neglect and abuse. Is that what he wants?? Men do not get it. He sounds like you’ve got 3 kids instead of 2 with this joker. Next time call a cab, it may be financially harder to do this but then you don’t have to worry about him leaving the kids to come get you, and they can stay asleep, you’ll have no worries to have a good time and you won’t inconvenience him anymore about being a responsible parent.

4 Likes

No he shouldn’t do that but you should not be going out and expecting him to pick you up so late at night if he is watching the kids. It’s irresponsible on both your ends! Your friends couldn’t drop you off at home? Find another ride, or take an Uber! Was it that serious to go out drinking when you don’t have a ride back home? Kids definitely should not be out that late at night! Especially when they are sound asleep and having to wake them up just so your husband can go pick you up from a night at the bar. That to me is selfish and irresponsible.

9 Likes

How old is your son? By the way your talking I’m assuming he’s not old enough to be left alone?

1 Like

LMAOOOOOO OMG Omar Fathallah Sophia Stath Sophia Poulos

Omfg no!!! First of all, it’s not “watching the kids” it’s PARENTING!!! Second of all, no, never leave ANY child home alone until they are the right age! Third of all; run because you’ll never be able to trust him with them and he doesn’t seem bothered to learn how to be safe, not to mention he clearly lacks common sense.

No u r not what was he thinking omg u don’t ever leave a child alone like that doesn’t matter if he’s dad or not shame on him

He’s a piece of shit.
Don’t let anyone make you feel guilty for going out. He failed.
Leave him. Major red flags and he obviously sees nothing wrong with his actions.

What’s everyone’s problem with KiDs BeInG OuT LaTe
Night time doesn’t kill children? They’re babies. It’s not hurting anyone for them to be out late one night jfc

10 Likes

It’s more sad u go drinking and expect him to wake up little kids at 11 to go get their mom at a bar.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. U HAVE NO PLACE TO BITCH

No your right small incident like this can lead to death for the child and could have been preventable. Maybe have him talk to a doctor sometime it coming from other ppl will make him aware of the dangers

You shouldn’t be with someone you cant trust with your kids. Period.

1 Like

I would never leave my children alone with him again, I know that’s easier said than done sometimes because life happens but I’d find any way possible to take my child with me or have someone else watch them. He is showing his true colors right now, referring to parenting his children as “watching the kids”, not considering safety for either children…I’d run. I’m sorry to say this but the guaranteed safety of my children is more important than a marriage.

2 Likes

Out of this story what bothers me the most is that you expected your husband to bring your child out at night and that he said HE WAS DOING YOU A FAVOUR TO WATCH THE KIDS WHAT YHE HELL WHAT FAVOUR

Your number one priority as a mom is to keep your children safe. If I was you I would file for divorce and get custody of the kids, especially because he can’t see the error of his ways.

Your not overreacting! ANYTHING could have happened!!! A fire, burglary, bad storm, A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G! I have 7 children and NONE of them have ever been left alone to travel away from our home. I am so sorry that happened to you and I’m glad your baby is ok but you DEFINITELY have a right to be upset and angry

4 months is he crazy

Look up digital princess obvisousily that’s a no go leaving any kid under 12 at home why would he think a baby would be okay.

As a mandated reporter, I can tell you this is fileable. Be careful who you tell about this.

4 Likes

“Watching the kids for you” is some bullshit. He’s not a babysitter, he is a father. I’ve had to get onto my bf about using phrases like that cause he’s distancing himself from his shared responsibility. That’s definitely not okay if no one else was there with the baby. And for him to not see the error of it is also a bright red flag. I wouldn’t put up with it from him.

Tell you honestly it’s not okay for your husband to leave your baby alone what if something would have happened a fire or some stupid shit and for that chick Niecey I would block her obviously she don’t have kids and don’t understand how mom’s need breaks to sorry that it ends up like that. I would also leave him seems like he just don’t care

It might be time to ask his mother if she’s considered abortion.

1 Like

Omg that is not your opinion, it is actually the law. No you cannot leave an infant home alone. I would think it’s common sense. I would never leave them alone with him again.

1 Like

You are not over reacting.

2 Likes

Never leave a baby home alone

1 Like

That is NOT OKAY
Lazy parenting is not an excuse.
Im usually not the one to comment and be the first to say “leave him” but he just neglected his child. LEAVE

2 Likes

Ummm on top of it being dangerous it’s also ILLEGAL to leave a baby home alone like that. It’s neglectful and absolutely insane that he thought that was okay….I wouldn’t leave the kids with him any more and honestly if I can’t trust my partner with his own kids, I can’t trust him at all and it would lead to an eventual breakup.
But also, I would NOT expect my husband to drag my kids out of the house to come pick me up late at night if I went out for drinks….you need to figure out another way home if you are going out past the kids bedtimes.

5 Likes

I would leave him and make sure he never gets unsupervised visitation. He is so irresponsible!

You are definitely not overreacting. I would never leave him alone with the kids. That is not ok by any means.

What if the house caught fire? Wow I wouldn’t trust him at all…

1 Like

Sounds like he doesn’t want the responsibility of caring for them seriously. But bet you anything you pull the same trick he would call you careless and not fit to be a parent. DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE CHILDREN WITH HIM !!! RUN AT YOUR FIRST CHANCE AND LEAVE HIS ASS IN THE COLD.

Your not over reacting for something like that i would leave with my kids. Take him to court for custody and bring that up so he only gets supervised visits and no night with them.

He should of never left that baby unattended. It’s actually illegal. He’s a moron. and to be honest about you, You shouldn’t be having your husband drag two little children out of the house at 11pm for a ride. Call an uber, call a taxi, or drive yourself. I wouldn’t of came to pick you up.

2 Likes

You’re not over reacting and I’d threaten with calling the cops if it were to ever happen again. So many things could’ve happened in those 40 minutes which you seem to be well aware of. You did nothing wrong. You’re allowed a night with your friends here and there. What he did was extremely irresponsible and dangerous. Shame on HIM!

Your not overreacting…I’d flip out big time!!!

Omg I’d lose my shit !!! That’s NEVER okay!

Very scary. I would never leave him in charge.

42 is old enough to be responsible. Being that age and unreliable indicates some serious development issues.

As a mother of 4, this gives me anxiety.

3 Likes

He should be neutered and not be allowed access to the kids

3 Likes

I’m astounded how he thought a 4 month could stay home alone but took the older one!? Like who does that and what kind of thinking must you have?

The other side he did it intentionally so that you couldn’t go out anymore while he watches the kids. Which is also HIS responsibility as a father.

4 Likes

A sleeping 4 month old can be EASILY relocated to their carseat :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: IF you don’t leave, I would suggest Uber or a cab to get home or be sober enough to drive yourself. He can’t leave the kids alone if he has no transportation. :thinking:

1 Like

No comment I’m speechless

1 Like

No. This my dear is what is called weaponized incompetence. It’s meant to unnerve and scare you into doing all the child care and not asking him to step up as a parent. Personally, I’d start documenting when he does this shit and use it as evidence for full custody when you get divorced.

Definitely 100% absolutely not! That’s insane that he would ever think that leaving a baby home alone would be ok. He sounds like a child himself. Wow. Never leave him in charge alone with the kids again! Call a friend or babysitter. Just…wow.

Not overreacting at all!!! What is something happened to the house? It caught fire, etc, etc? That’s completely stupid and irresponsible of him

2 Likes

I’m so so glad your baby is okay. What the hell was he thinking?! I get anxious leaving my 3 year old napping to run two doors down to tell my oldest it’s time to come home from his friend’s and I’m not gone more than 10 minutes max!

1 Like

You should ask a cop in front of him and see what they say! He may change his mind about how he watches the kids in the future

1 Like

So what he did is absolutely wrong, but what you did was wrong also. Why would you have him wake up a 2 year old and a 4 month old to pick you up from a bar at 11 at night when there are plenty of services like Uber, Lyft that you could of used instead. Your blasting him on social media but take no fault of your own.

#sorrynotsorry

2 Likes