My husband didn't clean when I went out of town: Advice?

Hire a professional , if it is too much and have a heart to heart with the hubby, most don’t how to clean and have him help more around the house

My two cents.
Don’t stress. Your house is still standing
Don’t condemn him, ask for help.
Do take one task at a time.
Do thank him for “holding down the fort”
Tell him ya love him but you were surprised at how the house is, I bet he would help and he probably has a greater appreciation for you! :wink:

Yeah he’s a grown man/adult/person and he lives there too so he needs to clean up after himself and his/yalls dogs. If you worked you would still clean up after yourself I am sure of that. You wouldn’t wait and expect him to do it all. I am so over people excusing the SO not participating in chores and help with their kids.

I would say ok honey this is unacceptable and you are stressing me out but I will teach you and give him tasks and show him … just because your a SAHM doesn’t mean he can’t help now and again

What cleaning does he do when you are home? It wouldn’t be realistic to expect him to do more than he normally does. I completely understand you’re frustration. My house would be way out of control. I don’t think my husband even understand what all I do to keep the house the way it is. I would suggest having a talk with him after the anger or resentment is gone so that in the future he has a better idea of what your expectations are.

You are joking right…I was married 21 years and never saw a mop in his hand lol I’m shocked he swept honestly

Have him help you, make him take time off of work to help you clean the house and show him how to do it.

Politely ask him for help. My man if I ask he will help me and when it’s done I tell him how much I appreciate his help.

When I go away it’s the same way but on the other hand I do t like working on the outside Property landscaping painting and all that stuff so if he went away it wouldn’t get done

Talk with him first how it made you feel.

if he offers to help youout, good. though he should as long as you communicated your concern well.

You clean it together and teach him what he doesnt know how to do…maybe leave a check list next time you go away

So was he working or just at home while you were gone? Also where were the kids during this? I have questions…

Use this as a workable solution…work with him to clean, then u know he knows how for next time.

So him how to clean ,never 2 old 2 learn

Can you please get up and help me clean up this mess because if not I’m bringing the mess to you end of story nope

Are you still away or are you home? If you do it when your home just do it… I can promise u non of us stay at home moms like to do it, and im sure most of us wish that our significant others would do it if they are home but some don’t. So it falls to us and our children. Just do it or it’s gonna get worse. And if you have boys teach them it’s okay to clean so their s/o’s don’t have to deal with what your going thru.

If he swept and did dishes, what’s the problem? Help him out. Teach him. I’ve met grown men who didn’t know how to clean or brush their teeth or wash their hands correctly. Not everyone teaches their kids. Maybe you should try cleaning together

Yeah sorry but no sympathy here. I realize being a stay at home mom isn’t easy but try being a mom, working, homeschooling and keeping up with the house. You will find a way to get it done, stop complaining about ridiculous things, at least your husband did some cleaning.

If he " doesn’t know how to clean house" maybe help him figure it out? Learning to de-clutter and mop correctly as an adult is frustrating

You left. The cleaning is usually your job, so why would he suddenly do it? I don’t see the issue…

Show him how to clean if his sister says he was never made to clean when they were younger

1 Like

Hire a maid, just to clean up what’s overwhelming you. He’s probably going to get pissed but a good Segway into the convo about him helping more-you might have to teach him.

Please,don’t sweat the small stuff…and thats exactly what it is…I would give anything to have my hubby back to drag in his oily farm duds…I miss his walking thru that door…houses can be cleaned,don’t worry about what others think…enjoy life…don’t be to critical…at least he stayed home,dosent run around…you are so Blessed…don’t mean to lecture but…!!!

Tell him he needs to help you clean the house and get it back to its original state. Give him a list of things you need him to do.

Hire someone else to clean it up. His sister already told you that he doesn’t know what to do. And you don’t want to do then pay someone else to clean it up

Take him to his mother and tell her when she’s finished raising him then he can come back or throw the whole man away and start over.

I went on strike over something like this and my husband brings over his work pal & his wife ( I never meet prior) to our house! He won ! #embarrassing

Not a fan of posting personal relationship issues on social media. The only person you need to reach out to is your husband.

There are people in this world with real problems. Your house being a little messy isn’t one of those problems! Put on your big girl pants!

If you’re blessed enough to be a stay at home Mom and was blessed with a “quasi” vacay… clean it up and say nothing. :roll_eyes::tipping_hand_woman:t3:

Deep clean 1 room at a time until done.dont try to catch up in one day.

You are his partner, not his mother. Repeat that to yourself and tell your grown up husband what you expect of him. Then do it all over when he’s done, because he didn’t do it right. Not while he’s around, of course :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have him hire a maid or clean up his own mess. Your his wife and partner not his servant.

1 Like

if he works and pays the bills maybe he figures that’s his contribution,none of us like coming home to a dirty house but you have a house to come back to,instead of freaking out why not just clean it up.thank him for doing the dishes and sweeping,maybe in his mind he was doing good,if you want him to do more around the house talk to him and explain how it makes you feel,you may be surprised at the outcome

Let him deal with it. He is a grown ass man, has kids and doesn’t know how to clean a house. NOT BUYING THAT EXCUSE!

He did the dishes and swept. That would be enough for me!

If you are a stay at home mom it’s your job. Clean!!

1 Like

I would hire someone to come clean the house. If he didn’t want to do it while I was gone, then he would be paying for it when I got home. That is just nasty

Maybe talk with him about options like a 1 time cleaning service to catch you back up

What do you mean what do you do?! Ask him why tf he didn’t clean up and tell him you didn’t come home to be his maid. Get him up off his ass and make him do it with you and teach him how to do it.

You had a had a house and husband waiting for you .

2 Likes

My question is he didnt clean it in a minth so why would he now? Looks like you’ll be cleaning it.

I would just hire someone to come in and help me.

Hummm he is brown, he would be cleaning. He wouldn’t do that on his job and get away with it. Matter of fact there would be some changes and he would be helping every weekend.

Pay for a cleaning crew, have him pay… I can’t believe he doesn’t know how to clean, plus you didn’t like know this b4

You have to communicate exactly what you need calmly. It will never get fixed unless you say something. Don’t get me wrong I’d be tempted to yell. But it usually doesn’t solve anything

He doesn’t care. If he did he would would have cleaned while you were gone. Your just stressing yourself out. He hasn’t a clue.

Just clean it… At least he swept the floors and did dishes… I don’t even get that much from my husband… My kids help though but I have to tell them every step of how to clean. Pick up that, that, that, etc… That gets tiring…

Well you probably won’t be satisfied with the way he cleans it, so why not do it together?

Let him pay for a housekeeper, if he doesn’t have the common sense to get up and clean. Especially with an animal.

If it’s like that where you are feeling out of sorts then call a cleaning service in to make sure all the corners are cleaned to your satisfaction

It’s not bothering him,so live in it with him maybe he don’t like clean,that’s your thing.why should he change to your ways?it’s his house to.

Hire a cleaning service he’s paying for it. Then continue on as usual afterwards. Men don’t clean or think like we do unfortunately

1 Like

Well if it makes you feel better if I leave for 4 days every dish in my house will be dirty and nothing done lol

Pick your battles wisely even with spouses. Did you marry for better or for worse? Take it one day at a time and do what you’re able and try asking for his assistance. Otherwise, you could go on strike.

Hire a cleaning lady to help clean up the mess he left. Then, make him pay for it.

1 Like

My husband pays me to do it for him when I get back home. And I take it!

There is no issue with the house. Is your relation. Husband and you didn’t know by now that he is like this? He doesn’t jump to help you or at least asks you if things are ok? This are red flags. You have some expectations that were not met. Are those expectations real? How much do you know him? I can only speak because I didn’t see the red flags in my relationship and we are a mess. I wish someone would have pointed out this to me. He did do some things and I feel like you wanted more. There is definetly some level of love but I had seen that love to the moon and back. I feel like you thought you lived the scenario to the moon and back and he is more like… the mum love relationship.

1 Like

The real question is why did you marry in the first place?? If his sis told you that I would have ran long ago :joy: or at least have him pay a maid to clean if hes just too lazy.

Your first mistake is why didnt you say chores should be done by both of us and so you as much to blame In our house hubby knows how to clean

I went away for a week by the time I came home my husband and my two son’s 17 and 11 had my house smelling like hot balls 🤦🏽🤦🏽🤦🏽

Did you direct this question at him? That’s probably the first thing you should do.

1 Like

Most NOT ALL men are like that. They are not domesticated. :stuck_out_tongue: no offense mean.

Make him pay and sit back and take it easy. You’re not his momma.

I gave up on that…we just ended up arguing.

Maybe you could clean it together. Show him how.

Well at least he covered for you to go out of town, I’m a SAH mom too and don’t get that luxury…it sucks but it is what it is

Why should you be responsible for the place you were not even living at for a month? He needs to do it or hire someone. This could be an ah-ha discussion for both of you.

I would make him clean his own mess and wouldn’t go home until its done

Hire a housekeeper make him pay for it. Problem solved. My husband has had an amputation and is unable to help me right now he said hire a housekeeper to come in and do what I can’t do

Teach him. Ask him in a way to were its his idea to learn. To where he wants to lol.

Order a cleaner to get it back to where you need it to be than maintain that like normal

1 Like

Write it down. Visuals. Kitchen, bathroom, living room. Right down to putting the pillows back on the couch.

Hire a house cleaner and have him pay the bill for a deep clean.

You should find a houseboy not a husband​:joy::joy::joy:, boys will be boys no matter what, and it depends on ones maturity and common sense as well

How old are the kids? Sounds like they need the parenting your man never received. I’d never deal with this…he’d be scrubbing.

I’d hire a cleaning company and let him pay for it!

4 Likes

Give him a few things to do…start the washing machine, take out the trash, wipe down the countertops and table, etc.

Clean it up if he wasnt taught or didnt have too cause he is a guy suck it up and deal with it lucky you he did the dishes!

Gotta make some guys believe it was their idea. Lol because some men wont do if told. :wink:

Do what “YOU” “Want” to do. That simple.

Just hire someone to come in and do it. .

As long as it wasn’t someone else’s dirty knickers hanging about whats the issue?

Call his mom and tell her to come over and show her spoiled brat of a son how to be a man. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Get him to work with you on it. You get help & he learns!

2 Likes

You should’ve left it cleaned before you left.

I love that " he doesn’t know how to clean " !!! Might be time to teach him STAT

Can you hire it done?

Hmmmm I dunno. It might be easier to clean it than to try to do anything else.

You could be an adult and have a conversation with him :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Have him help you and teach him how to clean a house.

I would plan a big cleaning day over the weekend and he is required to participate.

I guess you need to teach his butt because in this house :house: if you poop you need to learn how to.clean a toilet, if you shower you need to wipe it down, it you eat you’re going to help slice and dice and wash dishes. We all contribute to making the mess so we’re all going to help keep the house clean. My kids are learning at a young age.

He made the mess he cleans up his mess period

2 Likes

Just have him help you so he can learn. Do it together.

“You made this mess you can help me clean it”

1 Like

Let him clean it or pay someone else to. Not worth the stress.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll find a solution, revise your vows for better for worse, richer or poorer

Teach him how. Help each other get it done.

Make him help you and show him how to clean. No excuses after that

1 Like