My husband didn't clean when I went out of town: Advice?

Lol even when hubs or kids clean I end up re-cleaning anyway. Let’s be honest, no one cleans your house the way YOU want it done🤷‍♀️

Men are lucky to shower and shave I get it. I learned to suck it up.

Ask him to help you and work together.

Call a maid service and give him the bill!

Make him pay for the maid to clean it!

1 Like

I think we all pretty much have that problem unless you are lucky enough to find a man that cleans the way you want him too lol :rofl::woman_shrugging:

Tell him you need to hire a maid service and he has to pay for it.

1 Like

Have him help you & show him how to clean

You are a SAHM… clean the damn house or go get a paying job

2 Likes

Get a maid…his fault :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Um you didn’t know about him being lazy before you married him? Have him help you. I wouldn’t cry about especially if you already knew what you got yourself into…

His grown ass can go clean the mess he made.

1 Like

You are one of the lucky ones!

Hire someone in to get it back to standards. Then start teaching him

1 Like

I know all to well .If you can afford it call in a maid service to help get you back on track.

Tell him he should help you. Then he can learn.

Why are so many females so willing to accept the lowest form of effort from their partner? Do females not realize that this type of mentality is also what makes a man think and act like a woman’s place is in the house? Good grief, are you raising your spouse with your children?

Spank him like the bad boy he is

Hire a cleaning crew

Clean it like you would everyday and carry on!!

Never expect a man to clean a true man lol inloge being the women because our men r lost puppy dogs without us

I work my ass off 55 hours a week. My step count ends up being 20+ miles a day. I had to have 2 mental breakdowns before I’d ever get help with dishes and that was only because I finally showed him EXACTLY what my job was everyday, and he felt bad that I’m that physically active.

Clean together, and teach him! Problem solved for next time

Hire it done a day hand him the bill

Get a cleaning service

They weren’t taught how to clean passed swiping and dishes. That’s def something you should have already been aware of lol

Hire someone to help you and give him the bill

Do it together, teach him, tell him how you feel

Omg, woman, just clean the darm house

Well you promble have to suck it up if you want it clean I have to do that every day my hubby’s like a teenager lol but I luv him and just do it cause I do it better

1 Like

Hire a cleaning company

Keep your ass home not gone a mont

that’s what cleaning is to a lot of men. dishes and sweeping …

One time cleaning crew

Gross. He should know better.

well…honestly if you want it your way, then you clean it or maybe yall clean it together

Here’s the deal. This is long but hang with me. You and his mom are to blame. His sister told you “ He doesn’t really know how to clean because he wasn’t made to when he was younger”. Have you asked/had him do anything? Probably not because his sister had to tell you he doesn’t know how to clean. He probably thought he was doing a great job doing the stuff he knows how to do. He works so you can stay at home. Has he had to anything else besides that in the time you’ve been together? Was he working full time while you were gone? I feel like your being gone expectations were higher than your actual requests. I also think you keep a pretty tight ship. You can’t expect others to live up to your standards without asking/showing them how you would like them to do so. Times are hard right now. You can be mad at your hubby for not cleaning to your standards or you can be grateful that you could leave for a month and come back to a home.

2 Likes

Sit down and talk to him. I dont know how dirty the house was. If it was like what my ex did then you’d probably be better off divorcing him :joy: I was gone for a month too. I took care of his mom who had cancer. He didnt work. His job was the kids and the home. I came back to no clean clothes at all. Nothing was cleaned. The dogs made a mess and he left it. It was absolutely disgusting. Now if your ex did that, then it’s not about him not knowing how to clean, he just doesnt want to. If the house is just not up to YOUR standards then cut him some slack. Everyone has different levels of cleanliness. He just needs to meet the basic requirements. If it’s dirty, clean it. So sit him down and talk to him. Teach him to clean if you need to.

Mine would be cleaning it.

Communicate… don’t expect 🤦

Tell his ass either A. Clean it, or B. Pay for a professional cleaning

Then why did you marry him

Just clean up if it bugs you so much.

Your on another women/mom site complaining about that?:rofl::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

Is this a real post!?

I’d make him either clean or pay for a professional clean. Living dirty for a month :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Why do people post this RIDICULOUS questions. You teally want 1000s of strangers on the INTERNET giving you advise.

You’re an idiot and he’s lazy. Like boy bye

Let him clean. This is what happens when you spoil your husband and clean up after him like his mummy. Before you marry a man, find out how his mummy raised him.

All I can say is good luck, I been married for almost 10 years and my husband hardly cleans. He said “you’re home all day it’s your damn job to clean, take care of the dogs and kids, I work 10+ hours I’m not doing it” but if I don’t clean he bitches and calls me a lazy ass and calls the house a pig pen ( only messy room are the kids rooms during the day)

3 Likes

The husband should be ashamed of himself for not cleaning while his wife was away

1 Like

I had similar issues with my husband. He didn’t want to clean anything. I got tired of it and tried everything in the book to get him to change his ways. One day I looked at him and realized that he wasnt going to change. He was the same man I married and he does not clean. I filed for divorce a month later because I realized I was married to the wrong man. Years later I am now married to an amazing man who is my equal partner in every way!

Omg I guess I’ve got it made. Been married 43 years, and hubby can cook, clean, do dishes, laundry, yard work better than me. I do my share but he helps so much that idk what I’d do without him. Just today I came home from work, and all the Christmas decorations were outside, thank you hubby. May not have been exactly the way I would have done it, but it’s done and staying the way he did it. I work a split shift 2 days a week, and the evening shift the rest of the week, and he works evenings, so he’s home all day. He says he gets bored, so he cleans, cooks, and does the laundry. I’m very thankful. ))

5 Likes

it’s not about him working all day and not coming home and cleaning. She did not intend to be out of town for that long. She got stuck in quarantine and was out of town for a lot longer than she expected to be. And in that time with them having dogs in the house he didn’t clean up after them the whole time. If all he did was the dishes and sweeping there was dogs running around that house not being cleaned up after for a month! :face_vomiting: I used to work for a cleaning service and I have seen some floorings that dog urine sitting there for a long time has actually damaged the flooring. It could not be about just cleaning up regular stuff. She could literally be coming home and having to clean up filth. Or there could literally be permanent damage to the house that now needs to be repaired. There’s a difference in being a stay-at-home wife and cleaning up disgusting filth. When you’re a stay-at-home wife, you’re there every day to maintain it and keep it up. You’re not just having to show up after being quarantined for a month and walking into a shithole that’s probably going to take several days worth of work, a professional cleaning crew (because if that dog stuff has been sitting on the floor for over a month, it can actually be dangerous to handle or even breathe in.) and possibly some new flooring. Those of us who signed up to be stay-at-home moms signed up to maintain our house on the daily basis. If something happens beyond our control and we can’t be at our house every day, then someone needs to do it. Because it has to be done whether we are there to do it or not. these are just facts of Life. Some stuff just needs to be done whether you want to or not. he is a grown up. And whether he worked all day or not and whether his live-in slave (aka stay-at-home House mom.) is there all day or not, stuff still needs to be cleaned up after.

My husband works 55-60 hours a week.
I’m a SAHM.
My jobs are to take care of my house (inside and out), and our children.
We have a dog, cat, hamster, and fish and I would only expect him to feed and water them.
I went to Florida for a week for our kids. I left the house clean minus the dishes I ran out of time to do. I came home to the same dishes, laundry, and all our stuff from the trip.
I started laundry, did dishes, and put everything away. :woman_shrugging: Takes more time complaining than doing. He had a good time we had a good time, and we got back to normal routine. I wouldn’t ever have expectations of mopping or keeping my schedule. I dunno. I appreciate our traditional life. It’s not his fault I took a vacation without him. I would have loved it if he had done dishes but I wasn’t petty that he didn’t. You were gone twice as long as planned as well.
Just get it done and stop stressing.
You’d probably redo what he did anyway if he’d have done more.

1 Like

I work full time and my husband is a SAHD. He doesn’t really clean unless it gets super bad. He started making a tower of Mountain Dew cans next to our bed. Now he’s hot gluing all of them together to make a soda can Christmas tree :joy:

1 Like

Hire mighty maids or another cleaning company for a one time deep clean. They do a good job. And you and hubby can enjoy having time together.

Omg how many pages did she send this story to​:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

You make him deal with it.
You weren’t even there.

Pay a maid people will clean for like 25. A week best 25 i evwr spent

Oh no he didn’t mop :rofl::rofl::rofl: gtfoh

2 Likes

Make him help that’s what I would do! Your not his mom n your not his maid

His ass would get in gear or get out

Hire a cleaning company

So you wanted to be able to live care free left everything up to him for a whole month tried using corona as a excuse then wanna bitch bc he couldn’t get everything done that you wanted… What exactly did you do that whole month???

Call a maid for this stuation

He’s gon learn real quick :joy:

I’m sorry but he is a whole grown ass man. Not a fucking child. If he is literally home alone for 4 fucking weeks, then he needs to clean the fucking mess after the dog. It’s one thing if she left it spotless and he didn’t clean shit. My mom was a single parent with 5 kids and full time jobs and she still came home to clean and cook. Not that fucking hard to expect a grown ass man to clean up the shit he uses. Paying bills or not. That’s called being responsible for your shit. If she left town and was gone for a month, whether on his dime or not, he has to clean up after himself and the dog. So to expect so fucking hygiene isn’t much, especially if she set the standard for him. If you are gonna sound so nasty about it, maybe next time think about the unexplained factors or use common sense… just cause a woman is a sahm doesn’t mean the man is unable to take care of the shit he does make mess of at home. That archaic style of thinking sahm are supposed to be the only ones cooking and cleaning is why we got a generation of lazy ass men.

Shit guess I’m failing as a mom who works part time lol with 4 kids… sometimes all I can do is sweep n dishes. Jeesh. Lighten up.

1 Like

I mean sounds like you’re now tired and upset at him for actually being him :woozy_face::unamused::rofl::joy::woman_shrugging:t5:
You can show him/put on him YouTube cleaning videos I’m sure he can follow etc :woozy_face::rofl::woman_shrugging:t5:
If you’re one on those people who is going to go behind him because he didn’t do it your way you might as well get used to cleaning and finding a positive way to release steam/find you some you time afterwards because you’ve allowed it to go on for so long, I don’t think you’ll get results you want anytime soon :woman_facepalming:t5:

Hire cleaning service

Now’s the time to teach him

Ask him to help you clean

Men need blunt and straight forward discussions and directions. If you want him to clean something, say the bathroom, tell him exactly what you want done. Tell him to clean the toilet, sink, floor and empty the trash bucket. Men can’t read minds. If you tell him exactly what you need him to do he’ll do it. You’ll both be happy.

1 Like

Girl clean your house and bitch about it like the rest of us

Id clean it … but id ask him to help.

Hire someone. Easy peasy!

1 Like

Do you know you can earn up to $30,000 daily from Bitcoin mening??

Dm if interested

Talk to him about this. Teach him how to do things if you want him to do them

2 Likes

How the hell does one not know how to clean?! :rofl::rofl:

Hire a cleaning service to do a deep cleaning of your house this one time. It’s a good investment in your personal sanity right now and a great holiday gift to yourself. Give him the receipt in a gift box to let him know the value of your SAHM work and keep this in mind as future reference when you go away next. If he wasn’t married would he be paying a cleaning lady or living in filth?

4 Likes

Clean it as you’ve always done😂

Insist he hire a housekeeper to come in for a few hours or insist he help you clean. You could show how to do it. I left a new roommate in charge of my house while I was gone for two months. The house was a disaster when I came back. I was disgusted. I assumed she knew enough to take out the garbage, defrost the fridge and wash dishes from time to time. The ice trays were under about 5 inches of ice it was hard to defrost. Rotten moldy food in the fridge. Bags of garbage in the kitchen. Gecko poop on some of the dishes. Some people are oblivious. After traveling for over 20 hours I then had to clean up her mess for hours so I could use the kitchen. Apparently she felt it was abusive that I said “untucking believable” several times when I was cleaning. She was in her early 20’s. Apparently no one had ever taught her to clean. Teach your honey to clean

1 Like

If you manage to get him to clean please let all is women know. it’s a battle that’s been fought since the beginning of time it seems

At least he did the dishes n swept. Be grateful sis.
And if he doesn’t know how to clean, help him learn.

1 Like

That teach you to go off for a month lol

1 Like

Time to teach him the methods of cleaning! Hand him the bucket with cleaners and March him room to room and make him do exactly what you do. Ain’t no reason he can’t be helping and if he doesn’t want to then I guess he starts making his own damn meals and washing his own dirty underwear.

To the women saying this is OK he’s a man, GROW THE HELL UP WE DO NOT LIVE IN THE 50S ANYMORE!!!

You make a family whether you are male or female you pull your own damn weight or get the fuck gone. Its literally that simple… women work too by the way, and are still FORCED to take care of the home. Think its time men got roped into that too.

1 Like

Hire a cleaning service. And go take a spa day.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s just lazy and thinks when his wife gets home she’ll just start cleaning

1 Like

Hire a cleaning company and let him pay

So he funded your trip, swept, mopped and did dishes, and presumably went to work. I’m having trouble understanding how your house is a pig sty. You should be happy he cleaned up.

1 Like

Clean it together show him the way you want it done so next time if it happens you know damn well he knew how lol

Clean it together. Teach him how to do it. If he doesn’t know, you can’t blame his parents. He is a grown ass married man. Its not hard to learn to clean. There’s common sense and there’s google. Do it together so he doesn’t feel stupid. Maybe he didnt realize the everyday cleaning, because you are a SAHM. You normally take care of it. He did do the dishes and sweep so he didn’t not do anything. Just love him, don’t make him feel any less than and show him. He may not take you for granted as much anymore! Good luck!

This sandwich recipe is extremely complicated.

1 Like

Men are men. That’s just that. My husband only swept and done the dishes. He finally learned that there is more to cleaning than just that.

It sounds like he did what he knows to be the basics (sweeping and dishes). I’m assuming he must have done laundry too. If he’s not the one doing the usual cleaning it really may not have occurred to him to do anything else. You were away from each other for a month - do you really want to waste time being upset about this when instead you can enjoy being in each other’s company again?
If it’s truly that overwhelming for you, hire a cleaning service to come in and do the whole thing. Otherwise, just take it one task at a time and maybe ask him for help when he’s there.

3 Likes

A month!! :flushed: shit i go away on horse adventures for a week, and mine has the house tidier when i get back than when i left!
I dont expect it,but shit im grateful.
A month and yrs is like that, id would spit the dummy

Just be glad he did what he did to be honest. Unless he was always clean and he did before yall met and had kids then he may have not even thought about it. Just a thought. I think you are stressing a bit much though

Personally I would hire someone to come in… but I would also have a discussion with him. Maybe he truly doesn’t know how to clean besides dishes and sweeping because it has always been done for him. Once the house is back in order show him how to maintain it. My Dad, brother and husband all clean but we were all raised and shown how to do it.

Tackle one room at a time to feel less overwhelmed. Men just don’t get it. And if you make him clean it, it won’t be to your standards. Tell him he sucks, kick him out of the house for a day, with the kids, turn on some music & get in the zone & clean. That’s what I would do.

2 Likes

Just clean your house and get over it. If he had the kids be glad their ok. You where the one who got to trip, and two weeks turned into a month… Bet you could clean in a couple hours! !!

1 Like