My boyfriend complains that my toddler leaves food around

My boyfriend constantly complains about food being on the ground from my toddler. Literally one piece of Cookie Crisp cereal was on the couch and he threw a fit. I’m sorry I didn’t see it? I literally cleaned the entire house prior to that damn piece of cereal. I’ve told my toddler countless times to throw her food away when she’s done, does she listen? Of course not. She’s 2 1/2. He makes me feel so sh*tty cuz I try so hard so food isn’t every where and god forbid I forget one piece of cereal. Like, that’s literally the point of having a toddler. They’re just messy little humans. There was a pizza crust on the floor too. I didn’t even know my daughter grabbed pizza? :woman_facepalming:t2: toddlers literally can do anything in the blink of an eye. I try so hard. So. Hard. To keep the food picked up. I feel so crappy from it.

33 Likes

That’s all we can do it’s hard keeping up with our toddler! Sorry you put up with that with your man! :white_heart::heart: learned no matter how I clean I’ll come back to the same areas :joy: to have to clean again with my kids they are different ages. Never ends that’s what makes a home :house_with_garden:

4 Likes

He’s a whole red flag. I wouldnt leave my toddler around him. It also sounds like youre in for some future emotional abuse.

86 Likes

She’s a toddler. Point blank. Either he can grow up and help pickup the food he sees instead of losing his mind over it or he can get to stepping because he clearly isn’t man enough to take on the responsibility. :woman_facepalming:t3:

69 Likes

He expects your baby to clean up messes but he wants to throw tantrums? Make that make sense. Sounds like he’s not a man if he can’t regulate his emotions and do simple things like pick up a mess after all you do. I’d be getting yourself and your child away from him before it gets worse.

14 Likes

He needs too grow up or hit the road the child won’t have a pleasant life with him more like a nightmare

20 Likes

Sounds like he needs to grow up or you need to send him packing :woman_shrugging:t4::luggage:

13 Likes

Have her eat at the table to contain to mess to one place. I mean, I wouldnt want to be finding food all in the couches. You could get ants, flies, etc. I don’t think a toddler should be eating on the couch. When my son was a toddler he was the messiest eater I have ever seen. But I contained it just under his seat at the table. I had to sweep and mop after every meal and bathe him. He was literally a slob when he ate.

8 Likes

Soooo, it’s not his child…sounds to me like a 2 child household…people will treat you how you let them…is this how you want you and your child to be treated, if it is, you are a manaholic and will stay no matter what…

1 Like

She’s a toddler mine does the same it’s what they do if he doesn’t like it he knows where the door is I wouldn’t put up with this

7 Likes

Boyfriend or baby’s father cuz hell no momma. Toddlers are messy. They are babies literally learning. My babies have always been tiny so I give food when ever and where ever the hell they want it because honestly they are so picky it’s a blessing when they want it. If it’s your boyfriend and not baby’s father he can kiss your ass and get over it, If its they babys dad stfu and clean it up that’s what they do. :heart:

Also, I try so hard to keep food cleaned up also. And you know what? I just found a stache and I mean STACHE of candy my kid eats in-between the wall and my bed and yeah I was mad, but shit he’s 4. :joy:

Tell you what? You may want to decide right now between your child and boyfriend because kids will make a mess even when they are 10 years and you cannot keep nagging then about a crumb of pizza. How do you even talk to a two year old about throwing food in the right place?? She is still a baby for goodness sake!

1 Like

Yeah. He’s an A$$ and sounds like a toddler himself.
On the flip side I would have her sit at the table or in a high chair. I wouldn’t want the hassle of ants or bugs in my house because of food all over the place. It’s also good structure for them considering they can’t walk around and eat in school or daycare.

What’s wrong with his hands to help pick up
Don’t kids use the kitchen table and chairs these days at meal times

If he’s not the father and doesnt have kids… expect this to never change. He’s not worth the headache or your self-esteem.

17 Likes

Shes a toddler why does he not pick.it up.instead of.acting like.another child ask.him

1 Like

If he carry on acting like a toddler throw him away

7 Likes

Throw,your,boyfriend away.

3 Likes

Have her sit at a table while eating

2 Likes

:triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: if he’s just your bf and is constantly complaining about a 2 year old

3 Likes

Tell him to quit batching and pick it up if he sees something. How trivial.

Fuck your boyfriend, kids will be kids at 2 1/2 what do you expect, you should get rid of your boyfriend

Ditch the boyfriend and regain your sanity. She is perfectly normal and he is a controlling shit.

Tell him to pick it up then. Audacity

7 Likes

She is just a baby !!!
But , in my case I will not let her eat at the couch ( not because of him )
If she eats at the table or in her eating chair the mess will be contained in just that area , same with the toys , if you have designated places where she can play you will not have toys all over your place , and to clean will be easier and faster

5 Likes

Tell him to pull his head in
You can’t follow your toddler around every day with a dust pan and broom

Try saying “Your arms aren’t broken”

Sounds like you need to lose some weight…. Maybe 200 average lol

2 Likes

You are doing your Child harm letting her live in an environment of hearing this.

3 Likes

What a weirdo. He could’ve just threw it away? He doesn’t deserve kids if he’s not going to be graceful about everything they do. Kids learn everyday and have MESSY accidents quite often.

He’s a dick. His immaturity should make you wonder if he’s someone you want around your young child. If he’s not your daughters father then he should be trying to be there for you not freaking out about that stuff and making you feel bad. If he is her dad than he needs to help you parent and not be an asshole since you were BOTH there and able to parent. Don’t let him get you down. You need to feel your best to be your best and if he isn’t giving that to you then he’s a problem.

Biggest question are u in his house or yours?

2 Likes

Get a dog they’ll get rid of all food on the floors and then kick the man child out!

69 Likes

A grown man would pick up the cereal & throw it away without saying anything or placing blame. This isn’t about the cereal. He’s keeping you stressed, feeling inadequate. He’s bullying you! Leave him!

55 Likes

My kids always sat at a little kids table when they wanted to eat. I never let them walk around with food unless we were outside. I didn’t want food stuck to walls, ground into the carpet or all over my furniture. Also made a cleanup a breeze. Wipe the table down, and vacuum or sweep where they were sitting.

29 Likes

That’s why you put your toddler in a chair at the table! We didn’t carry food around when we were babies… and neither did my babies! My babies ate at the table… if they wanted a snack… they sat at the table! Having food on furniture and all around the floor is gross! Attracts bugs and just messy! :woman_shrugging:… just my opinion!

20 Likes

I also have a dislike for bugs, grimy furniture and food ground into my carpet. I’m guessing he complains because he’s asked you to not let her wander the house with food and you continue to allow her to do it. I think it’s kind of gross and i wouldn’t want to live like that. However, if you’re not in to things like establishing good habits and dont mind leaving food laying about because that’s how YOU want to live, maybe the relationship isn’t a good fit.

14 Likes

have a designated spot for your toddler to eat. the kitchen might be a good place to try!

6 Likes

He’s a grown man. Tell him pick it up & throw it out.

9 Likes

Kids are messy no matter the age. Just wait until your toddler gets older and refuses to clean her room because he’ll really hate that. He needs to grow up or hit the the road.

6 Likes

Ummmm why am I the only one who thinks he’s reasonable for not wanting food everywhere?? Eat at the table! Not in the living room!

6 Likes

Okay, those of you saying red flags there is something you don’t understand. She said “my toddler”… so not his kid.
Does he have kids?
How long yall been together?
When a child joins a home that someone is not used to having its a learning process for everyone! My boyfriend of 3 years was invaded by us! Lol I came with 3 boys! He had to learn that kids are messy. Teach them how to clean up! He has a daughter of his own but he worked on the railroad for 23 years to provide for his daughter and was the weekend dad because of it. So he literally got 1 full day and a half a week, if he was lucky, with his daughter while she was growing up. Believe me when I said we invaded his space 2 years ago. It was just a learning process for everyone and we got through it just fine.

Have your child sit at the table? They need to learn from a young age habits and also picking up after themselves

1 Like

I think you need to get rid of him love you don’t need that stress you have to love your baby xxx

I’d be like 1 piece of cereal, let me give you something to bitch about and I’d pore the whole damn box out.

This guy sounds like a narcissist. You’re doing great momma. You need to exit this relationship now. If he can’t handle crumbs on the floor then he’s not going to handle her teen years very well. You sound like you have to walk on eggshells and they are very messy to clean up. I say take your baby and run from you man

Are you living at his place?he just don’t want you guys there,leave

You shouldn’t have to feel “so crappy” cause food was left out. The fact that you do, shows how toxic and mentally abusive this situation is. He could’ve just picked it up and continue on, we’re talking about a 2 years old. This is not who you should settle for. Goodluck!

2 Likes

No caring man would treat you this way. I fear for you and your toddler. Time to say good bye.

Get a new boyfriend. It doesn’t get better. The food will turn into they left toys everywhere, or touched my things, trust me.

1 Like

Tell your husband something I learned concerning arguments about “little things”…“If your problem/troubles are little, KEEP THEM THAT LITTLE!” Dont let it get out of hand bc it’s just a little thing, not to be blown up.

Stay in the kitchen with the toddler when they are eating.

1 Like

A couple things. First of if he’s just a newer boyfriend and not the child’s father, he really needs to be careful how he treats you and baby. However, two is a great age to start teaching things like where/when we eat food and to clean up after themselves (not going to lie your teenage child will then forget 1/2 these lessons I think lol). My kids generally ate at the table, however when we would have a movie night with popcorn I would generally have them help pick up the popcorn. When they started to have to clean it up it was less mess, they would make in the first place.

Food only in kitchen or at a set area start now so you don’t have to continue to deal with food all over the house.

1 Like

Stop letting her walk around with food. It’s not just crumbs. It is greasy lil fingers too.

2 Likes

The so called boyfriend shouldn’t be making you feel bad :triangular_flag_on_post:. He could also pick it up.

1 Like

I’d say…What’s wrong with “YOU” as a mother of a toddler?? Get rid of that so called boyfriend…N don’t ever leave your child alone with him…He will.find himself laying hands on your child!! NO GUY IS WORTH THAT…your child comes first …n their safety!

1 Like

Get rid of the boy friend, if he is going to crab about a little cereal now, he be worse about a few dishes in the sink.

I agree with people saying to eat at the table. I will say that I eat snacks in the living room so I can NOT expect my child to only eat in the kitchen. That man needs to grow up, pick up the cereal and throw it in the trash.

Your toddler is 2 1/2 she didn’t come learning everything. Good lord I’d be having a serious heart to heart with my BF if he EVER talked down to me like that and he’d be hitting bricks if it continued. Pure and simple this is a huge narcicistic red flag and you need to reevaluate your relationship because your toddler is only going to get messier. Poor baby needs to know her mama puts her first. As my mama always said little pictures have big ears she’s hearing and learning from the way he’s talking to you.

He would hate my house :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cereal for daayyyyssssss

Your boyfriend needs to grow up and be a man. If this little shit bothers him what’s going to do with the really big and difficult things in life come along. Let me guess blame you!! Children are just messy it’s the way of life. No big deal.

Don’t feel bad kids be crazy but I would recommend buying one of those like small tables I like Walmart with a small chairs perfect for little toddlers me and the kids make it a point to eat all meals at the table for that exact reason I got tired of finding random food in places

Pick a better boyfriend who’s more understanding and someone who’s ready for a family. He ain’t the one sis, he’d have shown it already.

Establish an eating spot. Preferably in the kitchen/dining room where all food/snacks are eaten. This will help eliminate food all over the house but also set expectations moving forward that you eat at the table.

Uh ur dude needs to f chill smh they are toddlers and it’s all about teaching them, patience and role modeling. Sounds like you clean the house majority of the time and pick up after her, he can either help or not say anything at all. How simple is it if u see a mess to just pick it up geez :unamused:. Sounds like he is controlling and manipulative. I don’t want to make assumptions but it sounds like it. Don’t let him talk to you like that or treat u or your daughter like it seems he is. He is the father too, he can simply pick it up and just say “(name) can u please pick up the (crumbs, etc) and put it in the garage” or something like that. Teaching moments are opportunities. She will learn eventually.

Get a dog, get rid of the pressure. Being Mom is hard enough without your partner being supportive.

Don’t worry mama I have 3 every day and my house is a mess nobody can keep up with a toddler

Teach baby to only eat at the table or high chair. My toddler goes to the table when he is hungry… No walking around eating cause i don’t want crumbs and food everywhere, or little food fingerprints on the walls🤣 just start teaching her to sit at the table and it will get easier

1 Like

He’s not your boss. She’s his toddler too. Tell him to grow a set, pick up whatever he sees you may have missed and F— --f! Really why does he think he has right to make your life miserable over such pettiness.

1 Like

If your bf “makes you feel so sh*tty” then why are you with him? He’s clearly not ready for toddler life.

If he’s a clean freak, then that’s on him. Children are messy. If he can’t let it go, then let him go. No one has the right to talk to you like that.

She’s a toddler, tell him to pick it up. My God. What is wrong with him.

If you won’t do it for yourself then do it for your daughter and get rid of the boyfriend.

1 Like

Tell him he can pick up one piece of cookie and not loose his mind, like a grown man or he can leave. Your child is more important than a boyfriend

If that’s the worst she does you be ok maybe find a more understanding partner

1 Like

Eat and drink at the table only, but he could have picked the food up without saying a word

Time to change boyfriends!!! Its a toddler they dont kw better.

Run! Don’t walk and never look back. Your child is a toddler, it’s what toddlers do and if he’s like this now what’s he going to like as baby gets older? Not someone I’d be trusting alone with my child and not one I’d be wanting around mu child, even supervised. This is the start of nothing good

Sounds like you need a new boyfriend.

Your boyfriend is a Knob…obviously not her dad…get rid I would say…I bet he leaves stuff all over the place…there’s a place for men like that…it’s called somewhere bloody else…if he doesn’t except your child then don’t except him and all his nasty personality :heart::england:

Red flag, he needs to go. Another compromise he can clean his own while you focus on the little one and yourself. Means no more cooking for him, cleaning for him no laundry.

My boyfriend was the exact same way with my older kids to the point where food was only allowed in the kitchen because it would drive him insane. House had to be perfect all the time or it was a complete blow up when he got home. Fast forward to a year ago, found out he had untreated ADHD (had it as a kid but thought he outgrew it) that led to major OCD because his brain felt so crazy that when the house was a mess it was like sensory overload. He is now on ADHD meds and our daughter is 16 months old and he isn’t as much of a tyrant when it comes to our daughters crumbs or a messy (not dirty) house. It’s become a manageable thing and I don’t feel like shit if everything isn’t perfect all the time. Not saying your man has ADHD/OCD but it would definitely be something worth looking into as mental health issues are often invisible to even the person that has them since they are so used to the way their brain operates. As for you, do your best but also realize some expectations are impossible and unreasonable and you can’t make someone happy 100% of the time. Kids are messy. Moms need breaks. Don’t wear yourself down to nothing trying to please someone. I’ve been there and it’s a deep dark hole that led me to where I STILL have anxiety if the house isn’t perfect even though I know he won’t react the same way. He still has his moments every now and then but not often.

THIIS IS NOT about food! This IS ABOUT protecting your daughter and yourself from this “shame on you” fit throwing. A good man would be using “shame off of you” speech.

Wow.she has been on this planet less than 1000 days, what’s his excuse?
This is totally a reflection of his character.Demanding, self centered, petty!
We are here to learn and teach love.I would not let him near my child!

Why are you with someone who doesn’t like kids is the better question

Lmao tell him to suck it up, Grow a pair and clean it up. Ffs. Or he can go back to his mamas so she can clean up for him.

She’s a baby. He needs to grow up

Your boyfriend sounds high maintenance!!! He needs to go or grow up.

Does he have arms with functioning hands attached? Then he should stop being a baby and pick it up his damn self.

Is he the child’s father? If not, than I’d reevaluate whether or not he’s going to be a good fit for you and your child. I won’t get into details, but I had a step father that started out like that, then progressed to being that way over everything. He also shifted the yelling and berating from my mother to us kids. I haven’t seen him in over 20 years, but when I’m at home and I hear a truck driving down my street, I still get the urge to jump up and make sure my house would be to his liking. How sad is that?

This is not a person you want to be with. For your daughter as well as yourself. If he’s specifically complaining about her. Imagine having kids with him with the way he acts now.

Tell him to chill. Thats what toddlers do. He would envy my house.

I’d reevaluate your relationship at this point. His reaction is a bit concerning. Trust me I spent 14 years with someone I should’ve never allowed in my space.

Sounds like he doesn’t respect you. You don’t need to be picked at constantly.

Honestly just leave him he sounds like a man child throwing a temper tantrum over an actual toddler doing what every toddler has done at some point … I’m not sure if he’s the father but it seems like that may have something to do with his behavior either way it screams immature and you’re better off just getting out now

Sounds like the toddler is acting better than the grown ass adult! He’s throwing tantrums like a toddler then he’s not man enought to be with. LEAVE HIM ASAP and save yourself the stress

As he shouldn’t be making that big of a deal about it… start teaching her to clean after herself. My two year old can clean up her messes with no issues now. U just have to work with her, and he needs to also

I had a dude like this once. Lemme tell you, it’s going to end badly in the long run. Don’t make my mistake and not prioritize your child especially right now as 0-5 are the most important developmental years

I get a new man or live in peace just you and your kid!