I am concerned that my boyfriend stayed the night in a hotel with his cousin: Advice?

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one that was like uhm… it’s his cousin… I literally had to go back and read and make sure she said HIS cousin not hers…

5 Likes

This is some twisted jealousy beyond recognition. Lort help us.

7 Likes

My cousin flew me first class from NY to CA in August so I could drive him back to NY with me🤔 we stayed at several hotels at his expense and ate at several amazing restaurants…should I have been worried he was trying to sleep with me??
Bro, that’s his cousin…this is 2021…not 1930…pretty sure people are over the whole fuckin the cousin thing…

Ummm you need some help

3 Likes

Lol this post reminded me of George Michael :joy:

1 Like

So…you don’t trust your man with his own family?

2 Likes

Girl … I think you have some serious issues. I’m sorry. That’s his … family.

1 Like

Oh lord. Yes! You not only sound “extra” but toxic as well. He needs to leave you and move on with someone who doesn’t have serious issues like you do.

Get some t h e r a p y please! :flushed:

people are disgusting and i have heard similar stories happen before. i dont blame you for feeling the way you do xx

1 Like

Oh my god. Just cause incest happens in utah doesn’t mean him and his cousin are gonna hook up. Girl chill out. They’re in separate beds. I’d be weirded out if the slept in the same bed but sometimes even then shit happens.

…sooooo… you think he is fucking his cousin??? Why is this an issue???

Girl that is his cousin. You are fine. What the hell. lol it’s fine if it’s family

Wait your worried about his cousin :flushed::joy::woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

That’s his family, you’re a weirdo.

Ive got a feeling that maybe she isnt his cousin.sounds :fish::fish:y to me.

2 Likes

Have you ever slept with a baby? Probably not, as they don’t let you sleep for long before they wake up crying.

Maybe get some counseling by yourself & jointly when you’re together next to work things out.

1 Like

Why does he go all the way to Cali for his cuz but only once a month to see u

I think it’s strange that you don’t feel right with him being around his cousin.

4 Likes

Girl you’re sooo extra :joy: CHILL

4 Likes

Yeah you’re definitely extra.

1 Like

Why are you even with a guy if you don’t even trust him with his freaking cousin? That sounds like a miserable relationship.

8 Likes

I’d share a room with my male cousins with out batting an eyelid. Baffled me that has…

1 Like

If you feel like your boyfriend will cheat on you with a family member you have the wrong boyfriend

11 Likes

No not weird unless he and she have a history of incest activity I wouldn’t be concerned.

6 Likes

For many here commenting ,there could be alot of reasons she may be overthinking this. Js. Maybe traumas and mental abuse or past relationships where they. Have done things like this cause reasons to carry insecurities,jealousy etc into a new relationship. We never know or understand truly why someone thinks the way they think and feel the way they feel… bc sometimes the people we least expect do the worst to our hearts and minds and cause us Soo much emotional stress

11 Likes

I’m confused, are you worried he fooled around with his cousin at the hotel? :thinking:

Hm… Is it really his cousin

2 Likes

My cousin (male) and I are 6 weeks apart and he is one of my top 5 best friends.

1 Like

seriously… they are cousins. What do you think is going to happen. This is about your own insecurities not him.

7 Likes

You have every right to follow your gut instincts …cousins do hook up n connect …
Ask them what theyre playing at …if you cant trust your man then hes not the one for you …

Lots of people, including cousins can bunk down in tge same room. She has a baby and is his cousin. I think you shouldnt worry.

3 Likes

Thing is your doubt , so if you have the problem now , it’s going to always be there
He trusts you he was up front and told you where he was going to sleep
The guy doesn’t need a person who doesn’t trust him .

5 Likes

There is definitely an insecure one in this relationship? Maturity would be beneficial

2 Likes

But shes his cousin. Do you really think he’s gonna go cheating with one of his own family members? Have they given you reason to believe they would get up to anything they shouldn’t do?

2 Likes

What do you do with YOUR cousins?

Also, it sounds like you already know how ridiculous you are being so maybe you should think for yourself about why.

You have some serious problems with your thinking. Cousins are like siblings/family, there is nothing weird going on.

If you can’t trust him with his cousin one of you has real issues

10 Likes

You have to have trust

Uuhhhh well they are cousins I dont think he would do anything in that manner with a family member !!!

2 Likes

If he wears earplugs, he’ll sleep well, in spite of the baby.

Maybe they’re kissing cousins

It sounds strange…

Lol you people never been to Mississippi, or Alabama parts of Kentucky, backwoods family, hell they take family love to the next level

What you are is off in the head if you think filth like that

1 Like

My goodness, they are cousins! Your relationship is in serious jeopardy if you don’t trust him with his family members. Get real!

2 Likes

Long distance relationship does not seem to be a good idea for you two if you are concerned about him with his cousin and her baby :pensive:

47 Likes

You need to go to a therapist you have serious issues that need to be address so that you can have a loving, trusting, and healthy relationship. Please get help soon. Good luck.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but I think you need to find yourself and love yourself before you continue this relationship. You seem to have trust issues and it’s not with him. Let it go before you turn this into something that may really end up hurting you in the end

2 Likes

All I can say is if it was my cousin, the idea of sleeping with them would never cross my mind or theirs.

13 Likes

Not only is it his cousin but she has a young baby. I think you’re good. But with this little trust, sounds like there are bigger issues.

32 Likes

Really over reacting. Sounds like trust issues and that you aren’t able to be in a long distance relationship. Perhaps time to move closer or move on.

3 Likes

I knew a lady once that had her cousin come visit. Walked in the living room and they were all over each other

8 Likes

It’s his cousin!! Gross. I am not sure how you grew up, but that is not even fathomable for me

10 Likes

Yes if you say u trust him …then you shouldn’t worry about it. However, if you dont trust him… and if its his cousin, he’s not sleeping with his family member I hope

3 Likes

Understand it’s family which is usually ok. But we have a nephew that always hit on our daughter trying to get her to go with him and sleep with him. She told him your my cousin ain’t no way, which wouldn’t have even if wasn’t, but he said that doesn’t matter I’ve slept with a lot of my cousins and a sister meaning had sex

11 Likes

If you don’t feel you can trust him with his cousin then you have bigger issues than worrying about him being faithful. I hope you find peace and everything works out for the best for you and your happiness.

347 Likes

Girlllll… if you can’t trust your man with his own cousin you may need to end the relationship. There are some serious trust issues between you too if you are worried about him sleeping with his family!

4 Likes

Cousins do have affairs and do marry each other. It’s not uncommon.

9 Likes

Overreacting dear. It’s HIS cousin. Now, if it was YOUR cousin, then yes that would be of concern. But it’s not. You need to search yourself and start being more trusting, or your insecurity could cause trouble in a long term relationship.

121 Likes

My cousins were/ are my first and best friends. We’re more like brothers and sisters. I think your insecurity in the long distance relationship is causing you to make something out of nothing. If I were him, I’d be disgusted that you would even imagine such things. Insecurities will destroy a relationship. Trust builds it. Afford him the same rights and time to be with his family just as you would want him to do for you. Without being weird about it.

25 Likes

Oh honey child your being extra af with those trust issues. Please get help thats his cousin that has a child.

13 Likes

I mean, in most families cousins dont bang other cousins but idk where y’all are from…

4 Likes

His cousin??? If you’re worried about him fooling around with family, then you have some bigger issues at hand.

14 Likes

If you’re questioning whether or not he’d sleep with his cousin, sounds like there are trust issues.

3 Likes

Girl. You worry too much. That’s his cousin. And she has a baby. Stop it. Does your man have a history of “kissing cousins” ? And how much if it was being a small kid being curious about the other sex? Your over reacting. Get some sleep.

6 Likes

Tell me you’re petty & insecure without actually telling me you’re petty & insecure…:roll_eyes: sounds like you just want some drama; maybe even an excuse to end things without being the bad person.

16 Likes

So, you’re thinking COUSINS are sleeping together…1st or 3rd!!! If you are really thinking that and they actually WOULD sleep together…that’s weird and YOU should get out of that relationship!!!

5 Likes

It’s his cousin, get over it already!! You think to negative!!! If you can’t trust him you don’t need him and niether does he need your insecurity. He must be a real ass for you to even think he would have a fling with his own cousin!

2 Likes

It does not matter if its his cousin or not she is female and he is male. He should not sleep in the same room with her.I have heard of cousins getting married. In fact i know cousins who married one another so i would not like it at all.

9 Likes

Well hold on a minute.
If it were me, I wouldn’t like it either. Not that you think they will be together, but WHY would he want to stay? Especially if it bothers you…
But if you all think that just because they’re cousins is a safety net, hmmm. Worst things have happened. If it’s too much trouble for him to go home and come back, stay home!!!

10 Likes

Your tripping if it is really his cousin. If you know for 100 it’s his cousin then you really have a lot of trust issues. If you can’t even trust him with his cousin then either he is a man who can’t be trusted or you need some help working on your trust issues

9 Likes

People! Quit saying she’s overreacting! This truly does happen! My husband’s ex wife left him for her first cousin! She is still with him to this day…15 years later! She had 2 children by him and sadly one passed. So, yes, this does happen!

9 Likes

What male cousin would stay in a hotel with his female cousin, something is seriously wrong with the cousins relationship. Ewww

9 Likes

I have known first cousins who married. Why couldn’t he get his own room? I would not want to spend the night in the room with my cousin. And he doesn’t have a car. Wow!

6 Likes

How do u know if that is his cousin he could be just saying that alot of guys/girls do lie about kind of stuff

7 Likes

Ok so I have read through most of these comments. I feel people may be being a little harsh, with such a small idea of what may be going on. We were given minimal information on this. So let me ask you this, has he ever given you reason previously to feel uncomfortable when he’s around this cousin? I agree it’s an odd conclusion to jump to that he may be sleeping with her. That’s why I ask if something has happened previously to make you feel this way? Are you :100: sure this actually is his cousin? Have you met her? Spent time with the both of them together? I just feel for you to jump to you think they may be sleeping together, that something may have happened previously. I guess I would need more information before I could really try and give an opinion. If nothing has ever happened between them prior that made you uncomfortable, then my guess is you might be looking into it too much. Good luck to you. I hope it all works out.

5 Likes

Is she really his cousin? Maybe he is the baby Daddy? Sounds too weird if they are related.

7 Likes

I had a boyfriend once who accused me of fancying my cousin… He was the one with a sick head not me! My cousins are like extending brothers im sure your boyfriend feels the same give your head a wobble before you push him away!

3 Likes

This level of trust issues (is the worst I’ve ever seen & my trust issues with anyone are in the stratosphere. Never thought trust issues could be worse than mine but guess I was wrong!), screams the death knell of this relationship & you’ll have yourself to blame. They are cousins for heaven sake & she’s married. Even with my extreme trust issues this kind of thing would never bother me.

Now if they weren’t related your trust issues would be warranted. Long distance relationships are hard but don’t slap the poor guy in his face like this, especially since he’s only being honest with you.

5 Likes

At least he was being honest and letting you know. Kinda of like a I care for you so I don’t want you to worry about me so here is where I’ll be kind of message. Sounds innocent to me.

I had a friend who was very very close to his female cousin. I did not know that his cousin was a girl. Hy always sounded like it was a guy until I found out later. Kind of bothered me

2 Likes

Definitely overreacting! A lot of families are close and would think nothing of that. I would have no problem sharing a hotel room with any of my male cousins and wouldn’t expect anyone to think a thing about it.

1 Like

Yes, it’s his cousin they are family! I stay at my cousins place with my kids all the time ( 2 males]) when I’m traveling, it’s a halfway point. If he is in the kind of family that cousins do the naughty with eachother then you should get out. Otherwise appreciate you have a bf that is thoughtful enough to not want to inconvenience a mother with a young child.

Either you trust him or you don’t. I don’t know about you but I am close with a few of my male cousins. I also have male friends. I have indeed slept over with them at camp or on a visit. I slept in a separate bed, on a couch on a cot, air mattress and even on a giant bean bag chair one time. My husband didn’t bat an eyelash any of those times because he trusts me and I kept him in the loop about what was going on. It is his cousin and maybe they roll like that but probably not.

It’s his cousin for heaven sakes. If he has ideas with her he has a bigger problem then you worrying about him.

1 Like

If you’re seriously worried he would fk his cousin then just leave him already lol.

4 Likes

Grow up get your head out of the gutter. They were cousins long before you came into the picture.
Because you are who becomes very obsessed clingy smothering.
This is not healthy for any kind of relationship. With this type of insecurity after only a few weeks you don’t need a relationship but to get your head on straight. Find therapy somewhere save future relationships.

I love my cousins but I wouldn’t have relations with them! She has children that will take up her time. If you are this worried you have an over active imagination, something in your past or your past with him has made you feel this way imo

It’s not uncommon for cousins to sleep in the same room. Are u insinuating he would sleep with his cousin? I have slept in the same room and same bed as my cousins. When we were younger and when we were teenagers. It’s not weird to share a room with your cousin.

Now is he happy I’m sure he’s sad some because he misses you. He’s just probably visiting family and with gas being so high everywhere he’s probably save more to stay there. But the big issues is trust how much do the both of you have with each other. I hope you have a great life together just have trust and faith with each other I know it’s hard but love is worth it.

How do you know he’s staying with his cousin?hope it’s not a story as men lie all the time sorry to say.good luck…Woman lie to to protect family.

Yeah you are extra!!! Not sure about your family, but MINE don’t bang like that. Check your values and establish some new ones!

1 Like

If its true cousins whats there to worry about. my kids and their cousins are grown or mostly grown & still all stay at one house when together there’s ten if you include 2 spouses

I think you have every right to distrust this situation. He should not be left in a room they are sharing since they are cousins. Even cousins can be attracted to each other. He should have not allowed them to be sharing a room together. If you feel in your gut that there is something wrong it most likely is. My ex had sexual affairs with his cousins and even his aunt (his Mom’s sister). I divorced him right after our 5th year of marriage. You are seeing and hearing red flags. Don’t tolerate being mistreated.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be worried. Its family. If you feel you need to worry about a family member it’s not a relationship you need to be in. I had an ex that acted this way. He tore up pictures of one of my cousins. It was in an album of family Christmas photos. I seldom even saw this cousin so it wasnt that I was really upset about not having the picture. I just found it crazy and toxic he tore uo my stuff and was jealous of an old picture of my cousin where we were all opening presents. This relationship got worse and worse with his toxic behavior. Im.no longer with him.

It’s his cousin…
Even if they didn’t have 2 separate beds, it wouldn’t be weird or worrisome to me. It’s his family :grimacing:

1 Like

It is his COUSIN…what kind of man do you think he is? It’s not normal to think someone is sleeping with their family member! I am sorry darlin, but there is some deep rooted issues here that you need to address with yourself!! I don’t know either of you but you asked for an opinion and this is what I am giving!! First and foremost, long distance relationships very seldom work because of wandering thoughts but the thought of him not just cheating but incestuousally cheating is reason to reevaluate your relationship and move on to something more realistic and viable!! Good luck :+1:

Bottom line, if it bothers you he should not have done it.

3 Likes

I personally knew of a guy who slept with his aunt( his moms sis).
But if you can not trust him, you have no basis for a relationship.