Do I have to choose between my daughter and my husband?

Kids. Come. First!!!
There are a lot of options for him. He can get therapy, counseling, parenting classes, special needs parenting groups
Or he can run if he wants

How is it even a choice. If the one option is my child, there is no other option.

Y is this even a question? :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: u choose your daughter! Own up to whatever part u play in your daughter’s issues as well.

3 Likes

What choice? Let him go. Family isn’t only when stuff is happy and going good.

1 Like

There is nothing to think about help him pack his crap and load it into the car for him! No man would ever expect this or even give the mother of his children this choice. He’s not worth calling a husband nor a father period!

1 Like

Your flesh and blood child is forever

Speaking from experience You choose your daughter first. My mom put me first every time…She saved me

1 Like

Is this a serious question??? Genuinely curious!!! You are actually debating between your child and a man??? Are you for real… grow the f up and be the mother your daughter (and other children) deserves!!!

4 Likes

The fact you even question this is awful. Your child always comes over anyone!

3 Likes

Placement for her??? He needs a new place. When he threatened to call it off you should of let him.

5 Likes

:thinking: maybe he the reason she needs help.

Id tell HIM bye bye

8 Likes

The fact you even have to ask this is sad. I wish I could take your daughter in and give her help so you can put yourself first bc that’s clearly what you’re doing. The hell with a man. If he was a true man and cared then he would have your back and get your child help before even worrying about yalls personal feelings. That child comes first or else you need to not be a parent.

6 Likes

You always pick your kids. I don’t see the issue here?

2 Likes

Your children ALWAYS come first. No reason to think about it. Tell him to go if he can’t handle it

3 Likes

Choose your fkn child that’s shouldn’t even be a question

1 Like

Your daughter because she NEEDS her mom and her moms guidance and help. :heart: husband doesn’t NEED guidance.

And I do mean that in a helpful way because I feel like you came genuinely came here needing some help and are feeling lost and the “why is this even a question” aren’t helpful when you are already are struggling

Let him go. If he can’t handle the stress now what’s he going to do when all the other kids are teens?

1 Like

Daughter. He should step up as a step father

Eeww you don’t deserve children if you think you have to choose between a child and a man
You need some serious help if you are questioning this

5 Likes

No man will EVER come before my kids. PERIOD.

3 Likes

You ALWAYS chose your child, every single time.
Your husband could get some one on one therapy, a hobby, or a trash bag to pack himself in. He chose to enter your lives. You are 5 years into a relationship and married 6 months and NOOOWWW he doesn’t know if he can do it? My only advice is to buy a dumpster so he can go live in a place that suits his personality and commitment levels.

I feel sorry for your daughter because you’ve clearly already chosen your husband.

6 Likes

Placement where!? You need to get to the root of her problems. And if that means he leaves then kick his ass to the curb if he can’t show some support.

Kick him too the curb
What will ge do if one of his children will be a challenge ?? Walk? Then help him out pack his bags for him

First of all HUGS!!! Second your husband knew what he was getting into when he married you. He seen what was going on and still chose to marry you. Maybe your husband needs counceling on his own so he can work through what he is feeling. I’m sure it is overwhelming for him as it is for you. Maybe see if you can have a family member keep your daughter for a weekend so you and your husband can have some alone time. Mental illness takes its toll on everyone. I pray your daughter gets the help she so much needs… prayers!

8 Likes

Your children should and will always come first. Let him go if it’s too much for him.

2 Likes

You will ruin any relationship you could possibly have with your daughter and will ruin her.

If ANYONE is making you choose between them and your child, you pack their stuff for them.
Your family will probably do better without him.

5 Likes

Your kids comes first. He is probably using that as an excuse because he may be seen someone else already

Kids come first, ALWAYS! Can’t believe this is even a question

4 Likes

I feel like a lot of these comments are really harsh without knowing full context. In my opinion, it’s more than just your husband leaving. Has she always been this way? You have multiple children. Is she a danger to them? Are they at risk of being injured, or at risk of PTSD for her behavior? Is he pulling extra to protect the little kids? Are they suffering because of her? I feel like it’s a lot easier pointing fingers and judging than asking the real questions. These people don’t live your life. They don’t experience what you guys do. I’ve lived it watching my sisters 1 out of the 3 girls I lived with being taken away because of erratic behavior/ mental health issues and seriously abusive and my parents relationship being STRAINED a/f because of it. The rest of us weren’t being properly taken care of because of it. She was a danger to myself and my other sisters. It was the best thing my mom did. Now that we are older we all get along so well. We talk every day. Just think long and hard and weigh ALL your options and take ALL lives you’re responsible for into account. Don’t be intimidated by these comments. I hope you figure it out mama.

22 Likes

Shocked that you need strangers to tell you to choose your daughter tbh.

Not a chance in hell any man would ever come before my children regardless of if and how long we had been married. I am a mum before I am anything else.

If a man asks you to choose between him and your own child, you pack his shit for him :wave: and same goes vice versa as well.

You absolutely have to choose, and it’s always your kids!!!

1 Like

Your daughter probably already feels secluded and alone. Dont make her feel worse. He is an adult and acting selfish and childish.

2 Likes

Why is this question even being asked? YOUR CHILDREN OVER ANYONE!

3 Likes

It’s not even a question, if he can’t handle it, that’s on him and he should go🤷🏼‍♀️ but that’s YOUR CHILD you never pick someone over your kid.

3 Likes

U r a horrible mother how r u going to chose a man over ur own child have u ever thought she is behaving like this bc of u and how does it make her feel that u r willing to place her somewhere else bc he can’t deal with it DO BETTER NOW

4 Likes

Wtf. Let him go. That’s your daughter. As someone who’s mother chose a man over her own kids when I was a teenager, it is damaging. Your kids should always come first. REGARDLESS.

1 Like

Any advice?!? Choose your damn child

Your children always come first. How is this even a question??

1 Like

If this man truly loves you he will support you and comfort you. You’re doing all you can do to help your daughter and obviously don’t need the stress from him being unsupportive.

You choose your kids first. ALWAYSSSS. Regardless of what they’re going thru, you are their parent and they need you. Your husband needs to buck up and if he can’t be there 100% for your children he needs the boot.

3 Likes

I think if you have to choose, that’s the real problem. It shouldn’t even be a question, kids ALWAYS come first.

5 Likes

Kids first always !! Marriage is for better or worse and If he loves you he would be finding a way to try and help instead of running away this isn’t high school it’s adult hood face your problems head on and set an example for the children that sometimes life is tough but we are tougher and will prevail !!! But if it comes down to it and he makes you choose I’d say don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya !!! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand: best of luck to you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Choose your daughter, she is screaming for help obviously. A real man never makes a woman choose between her child or their relationship. He’s either in or he’s in the way.

10 Likes

I’m literally in the same situation amd you and your daughter but my partner and I have known eachother 15 years been together 4 have a baby not married.my son is the same he’s adhd and odd in weekly therapy on meds the odd is hard I’m too soft my fiance is hard the cops had came and they basically said if my son isn’t listening or respecting my fiance can intervention since he’s tougher but I feel bad but that bad I feel ends up making me a doormat. They fight so much I feel torn the officer says yes he has a behavior problem but still needs consequences n non of ours is working.the officer said they can take him in to scare him but I’m afraid he will resisit n God forbid how these cops are I don’t want anything bad to happen to him

1 Like

His vows didn’t mean much to him if he’s ready to walk away from a marriage bcus of this,he’s suppose to help you work through issues!For better or for worse!

3 Likes

Choose your daughter

You do have to choose- the wise choice is choose your child. He put you in the position to “have to choose”

1 Like

Hmm… man who says he can’t deal with the stress of children, two which he made a commitment to when marrying you and two he helped make and wants to run like a coward, or child who is obviously having an extremely hard time in life and needs her mother.

Why is this even a question? :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

How is this even a question?

1 Like

Sounds like your daughter really needs you right now, he will be fine on his own.

1 Like

Uh what are ya gonna do with her. Throw her out? She’s 14 lol. Why is this even a question… you’re a trash mom

Tf kinda question is this?? I’ll take the kid and you can stay married cause if you even have to ask the question wether or not you should have to choose between “man” or child…That child is already screwed!

You kinda pissed me off at “there’s no placement for her”

You already chose…

10 Likes

Release him with love. Help him put together a great place that is peaceful and safe for him and your other children. Co-parent beautifully… be a couple without living together. You can’t be expected to choose…but you also can’t expect someone to live in the prison of insanity…especially if he is at risk of having allegations made that could cost him his freedom and life… You have to think about what is best for everybody.

3 Likes

Wth. This is your child. It should never matter how long you have known a person and Compare to your own child. Grow up. Your child needs you more.

1 Like

Idk how this is even a topic … your kids are your kids for life… and whatever is going on with her ? I’m sure yoir bs has contributed to it …sorry to say it …if you are asking yourself this question you need to reevaluate your parenting skills .

5 Likes

Kick his ass to the curbe. No man should make you choose between him and your child!!! What the h…

Let him go. You either grow together or you grow apart.
Maybe space is what everyone needs.
If it’s meant to be he will get his space and come to his senses.
I went through this (not as bad, she was starting to get depressed) as well. I chose my daughter. She is thriving now. That’s all that matters.

2 Likes

You seriously are having to ask who to choose??? You’re child should always come first before anything else

Daughter, she’s YOUR daughter, he knew this coming in, not her fault. Choose your kids mama, they have no one else on this planet but you.

3 Likes

If you have to choose between your kids and husband, ALWAYS choose your kids because yo husband ain’t helpless. Yo kids, however, are helpless. Yo kids need you more than he does. Plus, if you have to choose between him and your kids, he ain’t the one. Why the hell is this even a question in the first place? It’s not rocket science. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

No brainer … your children come first.

1 Like

Is there really a choice??? YOUR DAUGHTER COMES FIRST… PERIOD!

3 Likes

Let him go if he is not man enough to handle it. He knew before y’all got married.

1 Like

So what would you do with your daughter if you didn’t choose her? Give her up for adoption? This post is odd. Mothers shouldn’t even have to question if we choose our children. Because we always should. Maybe you should give her a better life and replace yourself with a better mother.

1 Like

You think that child has some issues now… Imagine picking a man over her :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: tf

4 Likes

I have twins 14yo and its not easy but would be a easy choice for me because my kids are my life and they come first. Thats me. Duno what to tell u, its hard but if hes no willing to be married due to problems w kids, by Felicia

Unless she’s a physical danger to you guys she needs you to stick by her through this. This is the time she needs you most. There’s a saying that people who need the most love ask for it in the most unloving way.

7 Likes

Um why would you pick a man over your own child? Your children should always come first!

2 Likes

As a girl whose own mother never chose her here’s a piece of advice if you decide that a man is more important than your child she will hate you for the rest of her life. I was also a child who had mental health issues and after getting the right meds, and therapy I can say I now have a good life I am in a great relationship and have a daughter of my own, and guess what since my mother chose men over me she doesn’t get to see my child :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

I read the first line and instantly gave zero fcks about anything else you had to say. I mean how dare you even think who to choose. If your kids were ever to read this I’m pretty sure you’d hurt them A WHOLE a lot. Who even tries to decide between your children or a man? Poor babies.

3 Likes

Id have issues too if I had a mother questioning this. Doesn’t sound like a household a child should be growing up in.

2 Likes

As someone that has been where your daughter is currently…YOU PICK HER ! Why ? Because she needs you ! She also needs her supposed step dad too ! If he isn’t man enough to deal with what your daughter is going through and let me tell you. She is going through a lot. And she will.be seeing and feeling his emotions and that will kick her off even more ! Both my mum and dad stuck by me ! They fought for me ! They caused enough scene to make placement! To make sure I had everything I needed. Seems like your just being a push over and not fighting for her. And you know what. She will see that and be like. Why should I fight too ! If my mum isn’t then I won’t.

3 Likes

Always choose your children if it comes to that. He’s showing his true colors. Why would you wants a man that says he can’t take being a father

You should pick your kids everytime

2 Likes

Your daughter is struggling and you’re asking if you should give up on her to help your husband feel less stress and anxiety?! Why are his feeling valid and worth abandoning your kid over but hers are not? My heart breaks for your daughter. Perhaps she’s struggling because she knows this is how you feel. Kids deserve love and support from their parents no matter how hard things get. Honestly you sound like the issue here

6 Likes

He may just be overwhelmed and not know what to do, but he’s an adult he can work through his own feelings. Your daughter on the other hand needs you, have you had her checked to see what antidepressants would work for her? I tried suicide multiple times as a teen and found out as an adult the medications they had me on would never work for me because of my genetics and actually made me have the breakdowns in the first place. Has your daughter had a full psych evaluation to see what they’re truly treating? I hope she has a breakthrough soon, I’ll be praying for you and your family. Message me if you need someone to talk to

1 Like

Why would that even be a question your child comes first. He is a grown man that child is something you created

Choose your daughter every time

1 Like

She’s your daughter. The fact you are placing blame on her tells me 2 things…you are either in an abusive relationship and can’t see it or you are a crappy parent. Maybe your daughter and husband are not the issue. Give your child some love. My goodness :flushed:

The fact you are even thinking about picking between the two is insane…. That is your child. No man, no matter what is going on with your child, should be chosen over a child. And a man who makes you question this? Is not worth keeping around.

2 Likes

First off always choose your kids first! BUT I will say it sounds like you have a child that need ALOT of attention and help! That’s OK, have you ever asked him to go to therapy or counseling to maybe help him understand! I don’t rhino it’s fair for him to almost call off the wedding bc of her when yall have already been together 5 yrs! If he couldn’t do it he wouldn’t have been there this long! Maybe he needs a break. Qe all do

1 Like

If you don’t choose your child then YOU are the problem.

3 Likes

You ALWAYS pick your kids :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Choose your daughter. Every. Single. Time.

4 Likes

Always choose your (minor, with issues) daughter. Is this serious? He can’t handle it, then let him go. What is the alternative? Stay with him and give her away? I don’t even understand

1 Like

You are asking this why? Your kids come FIRST! But you are probably like your needs to get met …no your daughter needs you no matter how she is she needs you …you are supposed to a be a mother wtf is wrong with you? I think you need therapy more than your daughter…having a mom like you i would be upset as well. Smh kids should be your 1st priority…let him go…geez …that poor girl if you have to ask this then maybe you should let someone take care of her that will put her needs above theirs🙄 because apparently your needs matter more than your daughter’s

2 Likes

Always choose your child…men can be replaced your children can’t

1 Like

Daughter.
Your daughter is first.

2 Likes

I read the first line and that was enough for me. You seriously need help. Who the fu** ask if they should pick a man over their children. But it sounds like she would be better off with out you and have a REAL MOM if you can even ask such a question. I love my husband so so much and he is the most amazing father I’ve ever known.But if he were to treat our children terrible I would walk away. Actually I would run TF away. If he was going to call off the wedding because of her and not try to help her and be her safe place then you’re pretty terrible to go head and marry the dude. I don’t give a damn how long you have known him and been together. SMH. You’re so selfish.

Why would you even have to ask…? Who ever would pick a grown ass man over their own child is heartless and selfish.

That’s right. Throw your daughter away for a man that just wants to control you. You are a true loser.

1 Like

Raising kids is hard work, no matter what the circumstances are, but there should not be a question or doubt between choosing your child/children and a partner… if he can’t handle it, :wave: goodbye…

4 Likes

Never pick a man over your kids. No matter how difficult they are to handle, mine will always come first. Dump that loser

1 Like

CHILDREN FIRST. If you are even thinking about choosing a man over your daughter… hun your the one who needs help not her.

3 Likes

By the way you described in details your current husband, it seems you already made up your mind who to choose. You birthed your daughter, how can you even give up your child? Why is your daughter in her current situations? Maybe because her family doesn’t support, understand her? You said she has therapy and so is the family. Did you even mentioned to your therapist about your thought? It seems both you and your husband rely on professional interception rather than work as a family. I know it’s hard but will leaving your daughter solved the problem? Asked yourself, will you have peace of mind knowing you turn your back to your own child? Ask yourself would your husband do the same to his own child?

4 Likes

That should never be a question you have to ask yourself. Your daughter is going through things and needs her mom there to support her… even if it is found to be difficult at times… your husband should have never put you a place where you felt the need to choose, that’s so very fucked up.

Your daughter needs you he doesn’t. I do wonder why you are pregnant again when you guys already had serious problems… kids are not toys

4 Likes

Your daughter comes first get rid of him

1 Like