Do I have to choose between my daughter and my husband?

Your daughter always comes first. I am deeply saddened for your daughter.

She needs you to be available at all times.

Frankly your husband is a fucken cunt

Let him go… Not only do your children come first but if he can’t even handle the stress of dealing with a child who is clearly struggling mentally… How could you rely on him for anything else… Imagine if you ended up with postpartum depression… Would he ditch you because it was too hard? Yikes, :triangular_flag_on_post: :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

2 Likes

What the hell did i just read between your daughter or your husband. Women your child always come FIRST no matter what the situation is. You gave birth to her. She didn’t choose you you chose her. NEVER LET A MAN COME BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER. MAYBE YOU SHOULD LOOK IN TO SOME SHORT OF COUNSELING FOR YOUR SELF. No women in her right mind would pick a man over her child

10 Likes

I think it depends on what exactly your 14 year olds behavior is like. I went through the same thing with my 16 year old and my new husband. She was so out of control, vindictive, went out of her way to make his two step kid’s (5 and 6 years) do things to get into trouble, the things are too many to list. I tried and tried with her, counseling etc. She tell the counselor two sided stories so she could never actually get medically diagnosed. She ended up doing something so unforgivable I had to drive 14 hours to another state, while 8 months pregnant, by myself, to drop her off at her grandmothers. Long story but cps was involved and they told me if she came back they’d take my baby once it was born. So yes I chose my husband because he tried so hard with her and she kept making it worse and worse. Like someone else said, you have other children to think about also. I KNOW how uncontrollable a teenager can get and I don’t mean your typical, I hate my life type either. I love my daughter but she has hurt me more than anyone has. Just because you love someone and they are your child, doesn’t give them the right to torture you or hurt you on a daily. Especially when all you’ve ever done was try to give them a good life. So again it depends on your particular situation, with mine, it got to the point where I absolutely had no other choice.

5 Likes

I was in your daughters position a few years ago and still struggle trying to heal because my moms husband is verbally and emotionally abusive towards me. I’ve never gotten an apology for the things he has said to me but she has and everything is perfectly fine once she gets an apology and I’m left to get shit on. Yeah you choose your fucking kid because that’s your kid. The fact that you are struggling with this decision and didn’t automatically choose your child already, you sound selfish. No child is so terrible in their behavioral issues (unless life threatening) to where they should be put out of their home because their parents selfishness. And There’s most definitely a reason behind her acting out and you aren’t digging hard enough to figure it out. And if she’s having behavioral issues towards him specifically, there’s definitely a fuckin reason.

Tell him to leave? Idk what he thought being a parent was, but it’s not threatening to leave when shit gets hard. If he wants to leave, bye. Your daughter can pick up on things like that, and it’s just gunna make it worse for her and harder for her to get better

You choose your daughter……why is this even a question?

2 Likes

That should be a no braner

You choose your child. Your child needs you more then ever now.

Move out and move on. If a man thinks your kids are too much, the love is gone. Dont you EVER choose a man over ur kids

1 Like

Your daughter is crying out for you that’s why she is behaving this way mark my words. With all of these changes she has been going through (including puberty), she doesn’t do well with change as quickly as you do. With all of these siblings coming a long the way, new marriage, all of these changes, it can’t be easy for her. She needs YOU her mother. Spend time with her. Do something that’s only for you and her. A real man doesn’t give up on his family, he doesn’t throw those words around. I know as parents it’s overwhelming but you guys are suppose to be a team. You are in a delicate condition also so he needs to pull himself together and be a frigging man. Don’t ever choose between your husband and kids. It’s a no brainer. Come on mom, pull yourself together. Good luck :heart:

4 Likes

Kids, always the kids. If he wants to leave fine. But tell him he is CHOOSING to leave HIS family.

Dont you dare put your daughter in “placement”! If he cant be there through all of it, every last ugly part the world throws at you two, then kick him to the curb… He should be ashamed of himself for even putting this ultimatum even on the table… At least now you know that he wont be there for you “in sickness and in health, for better or for worse”…

Your daughter comes first. Maybe he can reside somewhere else so he’s not in the thick of it constantly.

Your kids come first ALWAYS. No matter how difficult they may be, they’re your children. No person will ever be more important than them. They need you.

1 Like

This shouldn’t even be a question. No wonder the kid has issues. Your children always come first no matter what. If he can’t handle it, he can leave.

6 Likes

I wanna know what’s gonna happen to the daughter if you “choose” your husband instead of her. What’s that mean for her exactly??? Seriously wanna know

6 Likes

You don’t have to get rid of the father of your children, but he may have to get his own place to live if he can’t deal with your children.
Don’t abandon your children or child

1 Like

Always choose your child! No matter what , never choose a man over your child. If you turn your back on her now , she’ll forever hold a grudge and might do something way worse. Keep moving forward and forward with her , if your current husband can’t help or want to be apart of this problem going on then he’s no man at all. It’s a easy way , and excuse out for him… just remind him he took that oath when y’all married and if y’all can work it out because it’s spilting y’all family up. But if it boils down to it , your daughter!!! You can always fix y’all, help her through , focus on y’all , then later on you’ll be surprised of what kind of man will be willing to take on a man’s responsibility that another man couldn’t… Who will also not let you , your daughter, or other children face this by y’all self.

1 Like

Why don’t you let your daughter go somewhere else to live and then you can be with your husband…nice guy🙄 since you are asking the DUMBEST question then you are not a mom…give your daughter to one of us we choose our kids first …sorry you are not a mom …you obviously care more for your "husband " than you do for your daughter…it’s obvious in the stupid question you are asking us…give your daughter to one of us we love our children more than anything…and I’m a SINGLE mom …and I feel guilty going out one night and people like you sit there and ask the stupidest question on here. What is wrong with you…woman you need the therapist not your daughter…smh

5 Likes

Wow! What happened to being kind? She’s 6 months pregnant with hormones all over the place, a 4 year old and 2 other kids including her daughter with the issues. She not asked to be insulted, shes clearly overwhelmed give the woman a break… at least say it in a nice way calling names is not needed. Im sure she will realise her daughter comes first but her 2 other kids will loose their dad which is why shes prob at a loss. Hope you manage to find a middle way and not everyone on here is mean to a hormonal pregnant lady! Much love and strength! :heart:

10 Likes
  1. Your daughter DID NOT ask to be here, you gave birth to her.

2. Men come and go, no way in hell do you choose a man over your CHILD.

3. He sounds like he doesn’t want to be a part of her life anyways so get rid of him.

8 Likes

Your child comes before ANYONE! Period! They did not ask to be brought into this world!!

3 Likes

Leave bye bye
I hate when men get like that when things get 2 rough
Life is a bed of roses
It’s messy and rough put them man balls on rock it like a man should
I’ll leave it at that
Right now I’m on man bash so honey leave
I’m telling u just go

I definitely agree with people saying your child always comes first. But maybe in this situation, with whatever her diagnosis may be, placement would be a better option for her AND for your entire family. That way you could run a more stress free household while also providing her with full time services and staff that she might need. That doesn’t mean your family wouldn’t see her or spend tons of quality family time with her. Maybe talk to him about working through everything and staying together as a family and seeing how things go until placement becomes available. Behavioral issues or whatever it may be are huge stressors on a relationship or marriage, so positive vibes your way!!

5 Likes

My question is when kids are 30 years old and get upset over your lover?? Where you draw line. And kids live,at home still…

1 Like

If you have to choose then that chose should be your daughter!!!Never give up on your children and definitely not for no man!!!

3 Likes

You would choose her. You can only try so long. If he doesn’t want it you can’t make him stay.

So… it’s sounds like he’s a weak minded individual who’s ready to cut & run because things are hard. Drop him, all of you will be better for it in there long run.

3 Likes

That should never be a question put to you, but in choosing to become a mother you made a life long commitment to your child. The child should always come first. A real man would be by your side through the difficulty, not give you an ultimatum. If he’s willing to jump ship when the going is rough right now, he will do it again in the future.

2 Likes

Stop having kids if you’re asking how to choose between a man and your own children. Your children ALWAYS come first.

6 Likes

Okay so.
You can love an s/o more than your kids.
Some would argue that that is normal.
HOWEVER.
Your level of RESPONSIBILITY is higher TO your KIDS than to ANY man.
Kids are not able- developmentally or, anymore, legally- to fend for and to take full care of themselves.
Your husband is a grown ass man.
He CAN fend for and take care of himself.
So.
Now that we have THAT established, you can love this man to the moon and back.
With all that you are.
With ever fiber and atom of your being.
But even with that, your RESPONSIBILITY TO YOUR KIDS WILL BE HIGHER AT LEAST UNTIL THEY ARE LEGAL ADULTS, MAYBE YOU EVEN LONGER IF THERE ARE ANY DISABILITIES OR EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES!
Are you a responsible parent or not?

Why is this a question? You choose your daughter over ANYONE AND EVERYTHING!

2 Likes

I think you need to be discussing "placement " for the husband. Do you really want to be with a man who makes you feel this way???

8 Likes

This whole post makes me angry

1 Like

No choice…your daughter comes before any man…

Umm…. Let him go? Sorry if that sounds harsh but your child comes first… he knew you had kids when he got with you. He could have left anytime in that 5 years. He waited till now. I think he’s using her as an excuse to not be with you and if so he’s a piece of shit for that. Hopefully you don’t feel some type of way towards your daughter because of it. She needs you now more than he does. And I’m gonna leave it at that. I’d say, don’t let the door hit you on the way out. :wave:

If he’s chickening out like this he’s probably a shit dad anyway. He wants to bail because she isn’t his biological child. Let him leave, he’s not worth it anyway.

You always choose your daughter! Just like you would your other children and baby you are growing in your belly.

No matter whatever circumstance is I’d always choose my son over anyone including my husband!!

If you feel that you have to choose between your kids or your partner. It’s your kids that need you more. I know it’s hard sometimes, but you should love your kids more then anything. Please be there for your daughter. It does help to write things down, maybe she can write her thoughts and feelings down. It may help her. Stay strong

Daughter comes first if he can deal with that then he needs to leave an not come back, like you even consider parming her off when she needs you the most stop breeding with this guy when your others are having problems an sort them out!

It would be no choice for me. If he can’t handle it he can leave. My kid will ALWAYS come first :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

If you have to choose. You choose your daughter. I can’t believe this is a question.

7 Likes

Hopefully you won’t have to choose. But if that’s what it comes down to, you choose her. 100% every time. I totally get it’s too much for him and if he can’t handle it, he can’t. But you always choose your children.

I can understand the stress being overwhelming. He knew this from the beginning though. He chose to be with you dispite the challenges, have children with you & marry you. You don’t choose between your husband & daughter. He chooses to stay a family or not. If he can’t handle it then he can miss out on his 2 kids.

Honestly if he feels this way and you are already going through so much then really i dont think your going to change his mind on the matter and really you have no choice you cant make him stay just do what is right for you and your babies

Sounds like he cant handle it and needs to pack a bag. Kids who do not have any behavioral challenges are hard enough especially with a new baby and clearly he cant cope with the challenges.

1 Like

Put him in a care home, he’s being a big baby. Don’t want to deal with kids, don’t have any.

4 Likes

Umm… Really… Seriously… KIDS ALWAYS ARE 1ST!!! Before anyone period. They did not ask to be brought into this world and they did not ask to have disabilities or special needs. You carried and gave birth to your child. Every kid born is a gift into this world. You even considering pushing your child onto someone else or a facility and choosing your husband over child is crazy. Yeah it may be tough and hard but that is what you signed up for when you got pregnant and became a mom. Being a parent comes with obstacles and challenges. I have a 7 year old with speech disability and sometimes anger and behavior issues and it can be difficult at times. He’s still with me and I didn’t push him off on someone else. On top of that I have a newborn as well. This whole post makes me angry. Your husband knew what he was getting into well before taking vows it sounds like. Oh yeah. If your child is to much to handle and all and the thought of choosing your husband over child. Girl. You shouldn’t have gotten pregnant again. Time to stop having kids. Keep it in the pants.

The children come first, always.

1 Like

No wonder your daughter is in crisis… you sound like a peach

6 Likes

We are going through a lot with my step girls and some days it is sooo hard…and it’s trying on our relationship/s because that is allll we are dealing with maybe take some time for you and your husband to rejuvenate because there has been a few times now where I would like to throw in the towel but I love his girls and know that they need a little help

Some questions. . Were these issues there before he came into the picture of are they a result to him being in your life?

I do believe children come first…

Maybe he himself needs therapy to help him manage the situation better.

If HE is asking you to choose… give him the boot.

Your daughter needs a steady parent in her life. She needs to know she is loved and placing her elsewhere would just do the opposite of helping her

It doesn’t sound like a choice to me… would he feel the same way if it was his biological child? Probably not. And that’s a problem.
Boy byyyyeeeeee!!!

4 Likes

ALWAYS. CHOOSE. YOUR. CHILD. I understand you, I feel that you are in pain. I know that you’re are tired and life is hard. This is the best advice you can get though. Choose your child in everything!

2 Likes

This shouldn’t even be a question you’re asking. You’re child comes first…always…

1 Like

Honestly that’s probably one of the reasons she’s acting the way she is. She can probably feels like a problem. And feels you WOULD choose your husband so she is acting out. Usually acting out in a child no matter the age is for attention. Just my thought.

3 Likes

Your daughter come first always if he can’t handle the stress then let him go he supposed to be with you thur thick and thin the good and bad

He’s already made his decision, the question is when. And the problem is not your daughter, it’s the new baby, he’s just using your daughter as an excuse. It’s not even the new baby, but it made him realize that it never ends. He didn’t marry you with the four year old and he thought the hard times were over when y’all got married 6 months ago. Then he got careless and you got pregnant. Now that really hard newborn stage is almost here and he is ready to cut and run. He hasn’t even given it a chance. Drop his self on the curb. You can do it without him if he can’t do it with you!

2 Likes

Pick your child everytime!! Shouldn’t have to ask that!

3 Likes

Okay… the question that starts this off, tells me this marriage isn’t going to work regardless. You should NEVER feel the need to choose your kid or husband. Your husband needs to go.

3 Likes

Your kids come first PERIOD!!! let him walk its his choice it shows he can’t handle yall and he needs to go!!

1 Like

I think kids over husband, if he can’t stick it out what kind of person is that. That’s sad, you just don’t give up when it gets hard. That’s ridiculous, it tells a lot about his character. Do you want that in your life? Tell him your vows sickness and health… I think it’s sad he “can’t handle it” bull…

Your children come first. If anyone asks you to choose, then they are ones in the wrong

2 Likes

I work in a placement- sadly this can be normal- it’s a rough road I always remind parents there are multiple relationships there to be worked on.

I’d seek family counseling that specialize in what’s going on. And it may take reaching out to a few. There’s also some great parent support groups. Like parenting in space because knowing other families are going through it too can help. Always remember you are not alone

3 Likes

You are stupid if you have to question choosing your own child over a man :clap:

From a child who’s parent’s didn’t choose her, chose you child. Please.

8 Likes

Lord. Simple…your child. Your child first always!! A real man wouldn’t leave because it gets too hard with BOTH of your child. And he sure wouldn’t make you feel like you had to pick.

5 Likes

My sister is a mentally ill person with many episodes through out her life and many lock ups through out her life next week she turns 20 and she’s only gotten a little better …I’d never in a million years put someone before her because those who don’t love my family do not love me …period …if he can’t handle it he needs to go because she’s your child and always locking her up doesn’t do any good because it limits her from the real world …she’s a human being just like anyone else she has bad days just like anyone else and if he can’t go through the bad with u he shouldn’t go through the good and when you get married it says for better and for worse …and right now things don’t seem to good but like I said h
If he doesn’t want to deal with it anymore there’s the door he can leave when ever he wants but yu can’t because that’s your child and you guys are a package deal

8 Likes

I would find a better page on fb who understand more of what you are going through. A page with parents who are going through the same things with their children, choices. There are pages on here that can help you better understand your thinking and maybe help you find peace all around, new resources or new view points. Going to the masses won’t help you. Some of these people have no clue what you are going through, why you are asking this and so on. Narrow down your audience, ones that can relate.

7 Likes

Why would this even be a question?!?!? Kids first always

The child come first.not a man

This should not even be a question.
No offense, but the words “should I choose my child or my husband” should never even cross your mind.
Shift your focus back to your daughter. What happens with your husband happens.

2 Likes

Ur child needs help if he can’t understand that then there’s the door :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Why is this a question? No wonder she is behaving this way. Try being a mother and let the big “man-child” go pout somewhere else.

2 Likes

Choose your daughter every time. Whose to say that the child you have with him won’t have mental health issues too. You marry a person with kids, they are now your kids… problems and all

i was the child who was extremely difficult, struggled with mental health. if my mother gave up on me it would have ruined my life. idk why it’s even a question on who you choose. your kids come before anything. no man is more important than your children.

9 Likes

Let him go. Love is love. I’ve accepted a lot of shit i shouldn’t of in the past but there will never be a day I ask for a “man” to stay over my child.

People get divorced quite often, but that doesn’t stop you from being a mom. You should choose your child every time! It sounds like he also needs some individual counseling. I am sure this is all a difficult road to travel, but a husband is to he loving and supportive, not make you choose. You said he’s known you for 20yrs so he knew you had children when he married you and I assume the issues your daughter is struggling with didn’t happen overnight. I would find a support group for parents of children similar to your situation as well as a therapist for yourself since you are in an extremely vulnerable position yourself.

1 Like

If he doesn’t accept your other children then he doesn’t get to deserve you.

1 Like

Ur children you felt them coming a man you see them coming

You always pick your kids. You don’t let a man come between that. NEVER! You can get another man but you can’t replace your daughter

1 Like

My mom always chose men & drugs of me & my siblings :unamused:
PLEASE GET AWAY FROM HIM & BE THERE FOR YOUR DAUGHTER! I shouldn’t be a hard choice especially being he said he wants to walk away from your relationship bc parenting is hard! YOU DESERVE BETTER & SO DOES THOSE KIDS!

1 Like

Your husband is a grown adult. Your child is not and needs you no matter how difficult that is. He knows what he’s in for and can’t commit then let him go.

1 Like

Choose your daughter no man can replace a mother or child. Sorry to tell you this but he doesn’t love you guys when you love someone you stick around in the good times and bad times he just showed you he won’t be able to fulfill those vows why would you even think he could be a good husband

You’re an idiot for even asking this. :flushed:

4 Likes

My mom chose her bf. If you don’t choose your daughter, you’ll regret it.

1 Like

Placement ???
you’re literally my mom to a T, and I can tell you I hate her for it at 30 years old today. My mom put me in “placement” over my stepdad multiple times.
She selfishly always put herself first and really didn’t take the time to see what was wrong. Be on your child’s side please, trust me she will remember how you handled this.

1 Like

No offense here but your children always come first. As for your husband? If he can’t handle being around a CHILD, regardless of what she may be facing, a human life that YOU brought into this world, then he needs to go. That baby did not ask to be here. YOU brought her in this world. Throw that “man”straight in the garbage.

5 Likes

What a piece of shit…….

Your children should always come first!!! If your husband doesn’t like that then he can leave

3 Likes

Only one of the two in your choices is a capable adult. You need to pick your child. You are all she has fighting for her. You’ll cause her abandonment issues if you leave her for a guy.

1 Like

Please choose your daughter. If you choose your husband over her it will make her life much worse. My dad chose his wife over me when I was 15 and 10 years later I still do not and will not forgive him.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be a question. Your child comes first before any man!

3 Likes

Always always your daughter. That shouldn’t even be a question. But I am so sorry you are going through this and feel like he is making you chose. If he isn’t there for you through this then he doesn’t need to be there. Not everyone can handle these types of situations, but that doesn’t make him a bad person either.

Any parent that chooses a spouse over their own child is trash.

For you to even ask this question is heart breaking your child needs you more than anything right now.

3 Likes

You can’t blame him because HE can’t handle your child. Is it fair to either of you? No. But in the end you can’t hold it against him. This isn’t what he signed up for or thought married life would be like.

2 Likes

That isn’t a choice your children never asked to be born! Dump the husband he’s obviously not the one :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes