Could something be going on with my husband and best friend?

Nope, somethings not right here.

4 Likes

You all are a truple now

5 Likes

Always trust your gut.

1 Like

I WAS married for 16 years ā€¦ 3 days before Christmas 2019 I caught my ā€œbest friendā€ of 12 years sleeping with my husband! Her husband and my husband were also best friends and worked togetherā€¦ Trust NOBODY!!!

13 Likes

He should of gone to bed with youā€¦ that ainā€™t right get rid of her and save your marriage ā€¦ they might of not done anything but there could be feelings there

7 Likes

In a previous relationship my at the time boyfriend, his guy best friend and I were all drinking. My boyfriend got drunk and fell asleep on the bathroom floor. His best friend fell asleep in our bed. I went to sleep in the spare bedroomā€¦ the ā€œI was drunkā€ excuse is bs.

9 Likes

She should of left your house the second you said that you are going to bed or he should of went to bed with you. They are screwing each other and will lie and deny it but you know the truth in your gut feeling.

4 Likes

Lie lie lie. Do not believe them. Go WITH YOUR GUTā€‹:broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart:

Confront both together. Sort it out now. Youā€™ll know

3 Likes

I think you need to lay boundaries out and no more sleep overs.
Maybe you should speak with your friend and get her thoughts on what happened

2 Likes

Oh hell no. Nope. Not happening in my house. I wouldnā€™t have gone to bed while she was still there tho. Thatā€™s just me and Iā€™m crazy. Lol

6 Likes

Donā€™t let that happen again

What was her excuse??? He always holds your hand but head to headā€¦ a real effort was madeā€¦

1 Like

Have you just asked them

1 Like

Noooo way! Iā€™d be LIVID. She would no longer be a friend, and Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™d even be able to trust him again to stay.

1 Like

Behave as usual, leave them in the house for a while alone - and, you must secretly have an eye on their movements; youā€™ll be able to precisely confirm the situation.

2 Likes

How could you overthink that? Omg I wouldā€™ve flipped out.

3 Likes

Absolutely not
Trust your gut - this has happened to me too - twice

Always follow your gut.If you feel something is off it most definitely is.He should have taken his a** to be with his wife and this ā€œfriendā€ needs to go

3 Likes

Awww this is so wrong I have so much anxiety about seeing these posts about men all the time but what about the ladys its there folt to lol

2 Likes

No
Put an end to trusting the 2 of them

Elizabeth Thomen your thoughts?:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I had a BFF of 19 years once. She shacked up with my then husband and got knocked up :upside_down_face: #TrustNoB**ch

7 Likes

Husbands may cheat but besties just wow. Million of other offers our there but never your besties man ever. I understand alcohol can blur a line but honestly I believe if there was no attraction it wouldnā€™t have happened.

1 Like

I had a best friend my whole life. She would come over spend the nights our kids played together. Turns out her and my fiance were sending naked pictures to each other. Said nothing ever happened but I still think it did. They had too many times of being alone for nothing to have happened. I hope your situation is different.

2 Likes

Trust your gut! Itā€™s not going to lie to you.

Yeeeep trust that feeling for sure!

Trust your gut. Iā€™d set up cameras (hide them) and see what they do when youā€™re out of the room when sheā€™s over.

4 Likes

Confront. Confront. Confront them together. The reaction will say it all.

4 Likes

Um no. No best friend of mine would of even accepted staying to get drunk with my husband after I went to bed. Much less wake up and be on the same piece of furniture together holding hands. Nah this shit is not ok. Trust no bitchšŸ’Æ

If this ever happens again, take pictures so they can see for themselves. Invest in some spy cams, I definitely would. And yes, this is not right one bit. They definitely were up to somethingā€¦ that so called bf should have left when you went to bed. How weird and awkward.

2 Likes

So u go in your bed and leave them aloneā€¦ They prob was cold :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure they did more then that

Maybe you and your guests shouldnā€™t drink enough to make for awkward situations that are hard to figure out šŸ¤· just a thought, not trying to be rude, just logical.

Iā€™d never leave my man drunk with the opposite sex

When you went to bed she should have left

7 Likes

Whoā€™s watching the kids while you are all pretty drunk is what Iā€™m concerned about

10 Likes

Why didnā€™t he go to bed with you ?

3 Likes

Why didnā€™t she leave when you got sleepy? Why didnā€™t you tell her to leave?

2 Likes

When you have that feeling itā€™s true theyā€™re messing around

2 Likes

I hve to admit, I would like to see how this turns out. Please keep us updated and I agree with the cameras. Also if something did happen, you should be able to tell the next time youā€™re all together.

2 Likes

Your best friend needs to bring her guy next time or not come over at all.

Talk to them both separately and tell them how you feel and see how they act about the situation. I had a ā€œfriendā€ that was hitting on my husband and trying to get with him before we were married while we were on a break and she was doing it all behind my back. I believe him that nothing happened but kicked her to the curb for good

I had a best friend of 12+ years. She started sleeping with my then boyfriend/father to my daughter before I gave birth. After I had my daughter, I would call it a night early some nights. He would stay out in the living room to play video games and she would stay for a bit. I never thought anything of it because I trusted them. Turns out that while I was in the next room sleeping with our daughter, my boyfriend was shacking up with my best friend on the other side of the wall. He would always find excuses to leave the house, usually saying to go to the gym. I even tried to stop being her friend at one point because of drug issues, but he told me to stay as her friend because she needed someone. Iā€™m not saying your husband cheated, but I would address the situation and be as damn nosey as you want.

1 Like

Ask her and hope she tells you the truth!!

Two words, ā€œspy camā€

7 Likes

Iā€™d be more concerned that you were all getting sloshed whilst your kids were around tbh.

10 Likes

This is something to talk to both of them about. I wouldnā€™t think anything about it if it were my husband and best friend. However, if you are now uncomfortable - talk to them.

2 Likes

Who tells their best friend to leave drunk? Yā€™all horrible. She SHOULD be able to trust them. Talk to them apart then sit them down together and talk. Feel secure about it or learn the truth

7 Likes

Red flag ā€¦ be aware ā€¦:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Go w/ ur gut. Gut doesnā€™t lie.

4 Likes

No. Heā€™s a cheater. I have 2 best friends and would never think that this would be ok. Staying up together maybe but laying on the couch holding hands?? No way. Time to wake up

7 Likes

Lmao this is why I have no friends!

11 Likes

Bring back jerry springer he would know the answers

5 Likes

Its like sometimes the women are asking for trouble. 3 of url drank till url were piss drunk, u called in early and left them alone in their drunken stateā€¦ :woozy_face: you invite trouble and then when its knockin on ur door, you wana question it

Who did she think he was when she held his hand back?

24 Likes

Hand holding points to a certain level of intimacy, so if it isnā€™t a physical affair yet, itā€™s definitely an emotional one. Way too many marriages are destroyed due to affairs with spousesā€™ BFFs. You canā€™t ignore the red flags. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

5 Likes

If you have a husband and a best friend the youā€™re damn straight something is going on

I feel like this is all around weird! Idk if itā€™s just me. But Iā€™ll be damm if I let my husband stay up with my BFF. Idc how long Iā€™ve known her. Boundaries boundaries!!!

10 Likes

Maybe you should just not encourage your best friend to come over and hang out with you and your husband for one thing. Everyone drinking together is definitely not going to work. It couldā€™ve even possibly be in a mistake just donā€™t leave the opportunity for it to happen again and keep your eyes open. Anything else suspicious happens itā€™s time to go.

3 Likes

Your kidding right??? Address the elephant in the room sweetie!!!

4 Likes

Come on peopleā€¦they were sleeping head to head,not cuddling together. Maybe it was innocent. I would keep an eye on them, just to be sure,but itā€™s probably nothing. They were pretty drunk.

6 Likes

Yes it happens very offen.

Your gut feelings never lie.

7 Likes

Definitely talk to your husbandā€¦this was wrong in so many ways! Have to have trust! And Iā€™d be careful picking out best friends . Best friends donā€™t do that. Have them put themselves in your place! See how they would feelā€¦address the elephant for sure!!

4 Likes

Drinking can cause inappropriate behavior it happens.Go with your gut feeling !My hubby had a woman friend at his work ,I trusted him but NOT her,she was also married !We went out as a foursome a few times I watched her closely !I talked with my husband about my gut feeling that SHE was interested in trying to steal him from me !I asked him to break their friendship!Luckily he listened to me.5 months later this Same woman broke up another marriage and married that man!It could be innocent but it wouldnā€™t happen in my marriage I can tell you that!Be most careful !Weā€™ve been happily married for 53 yrs,I always go with my instincts!

9 Likes

Yeah no thatā€™s not ok!!!

Intuition doesnā€™t lie. Invite her over again. ā€œgo to bedā€ and just listen this time. Thatā€™ll be your answer. Or read his phone. Set up cameras. Thatā€™s your husband. Figure it out but get proof first before you ruin two relationships.

18 Likes

Yea if you believe that your nuts n the only part I read is holding hands and thought was you o no hell naw

2 Likes

Umm express your concern for sure

Trust your ā€œGUTā€ it doesnā€™t lie

4 Likes

omg id go crazy u better confront the situation how the hell can he think its you, so that means he could of done more with her if he can say he thrt it was you, donā€™t drive urself insane just address it

2 Likes

and why the heck did he not come to bed coz he apparently thought it was you too?? i call bullshit

Nah girl. Thereā€™s something there. Maybe no one has acted on it or intends to but there is an attraction there. And Iā€™m assuming they are friends or friendly. Do not leave your drunk husband and drunk friend alone together. When you go to bed so does he.

10 Likes

Ok even if he thought it was you and it was an innocent accident on his part, what about her? Whatā€™s her excuse for holding your husbandā€™s hand and not telling him to get his ass in bed with you before it looks like something its not? I would have a very direct and transparent conversation with them both, separately and together while more so watching their reaction/body language than just the answers theyā€™re giving. I personally would never keep a friend around who disrespected me or my marriage. Your husband should reconsider ever drinking again if he canā€™t tell you apart from another familiar woman.

R u for real. Nooooo this cant be. Imagine if your kids saw that! Does she have a husband. Maybe u too could lie on the couch asleep and hold hands lol. What a joke. She could sleep on the couch was he really that lazy and drunk he couldnt walk to his bed ewww the whole thing is just wrong sooooo wrong.

4 Likes

The fact that they were laying on the couch together would have raised enough red flags for meā€¦

7 Likes

I agree with what someone else suggested. You can know the truth with your very own eyes and ears.

4 Likes

Were they fully clothed? s

3 Likes

Boundaries.
How important that we establish them in our relationships.

Using stealthy means to find out means a lack of honesty and trust in your relationship.
Figure that out.
Good luck.

Ah, you know what you knowā€¦ sorry

1 Like

They were naughty! For sure

1 Like

I would not be ok with this at all

1 Like

Thatā€™s a bullshit excuse. Why didnā€™t he come to bed with you? What were they doing laying next to each other on the couch ? Why did she continue to hold his hand ? A lot more than hand holding couldā€™ve happened while you were sleeping, Iā€™d definitely be talking to both of them.
Your friend knew that she was holding your husbands hand. Thatā€™s not your friend. Thatā€™s a woman who wants your husband/already had him.

never trust another woman even your best friend will turn on you when it comes to men

9 Likes

This is just wrong on so many levels

3 Likes

I think maybe it depends on other factors. I would hold a friends hand if theyā€™d been going through a really tough time and needed a physical connection in a non sexual way. Has she had any losses or anything recently?

She isnā€™t your best friend. Iā€™m sorry but if she was she wouldnā€™t dream of it full stop. Iā€™d personally get to the bottom of this and never have your friend near you again :woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

Absolutely unacceptable. Youā€™re not overthinking it.

4 Likes

He was drunk, heā€™s probably telling the truth.

Something happened It may have been innocent and not intentional, but something happened. He should have just gone to bed. Your intuition is screaming at you right nowā€¦ It is 100%correct 100%of the time, never question itā€¦ If you live by it you will never be led astray from your morals, values or heart. Your intuition is a gift you were given to keep you straight and protect you from Fuckeryā€¦ Please donā€™t ignore itā€¦

8 Likes

Why would u trust them alone?

2 Likes

Wellā€¦.if you trusted them as you said, you wouldnā€™t have these questions. Maybe you donā€™t trust them as much as you would like to think. Did you say anything to them when it happened? (Iā€™m just curious).

3 Likes

Oooh no. Something is def up.

2 Likes

I would have a talk with both of them together and tell them how you feel. They both crossed the line. She should of went home or sleep and he should of went to bed when you went to bed . Your husband should of never put himself in a situation of being alone with your freind like that. She is your freind not his. They would feel uncomfortable if it was you who did that . This is how affairs happen .I would lay out the boundaries for them both . Good luck . They both broke your trust and disrespected you :100:.

7 Likes

If I woke up the next morning after a big night and my partner and my friend were asleep on the couch holding hands i would totally loose my shit and be done.
Completely unacceptable and your not overthinking it :smirk:

1 Like

Uh no I woulda kicked both their asses definitely wouldnā€™t be still having her over either like ever again

Hmmā€¦ well he ā€œthought she was youā€ what was the friends excuse? :thinking:

4 Likes

never leave your husband vulnerable

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been friends with my bestie for 20+ yrs. Though I trust her with every fiber of my being, I hope sheā€™d trust me the same. Cause no way in the whole universe would I ever touch her man. Idc if I was plastered to the moon & back. That is girl code 101. Smh. Iā€™d be having a long talk with both and that would change the friendship.

9 Likes