Who is in the wrong?

Mine had to stop doing that. I wouldn’t put up with it

I have always struggled with getting good sleep, therefore I have 5 alarms. Sometimes I can get up on the first one or two, other times I snooze all 5 without even realizing it and rushing when I finally realize what time it is. More often than not, I am hitting snooze so I actually set my alarms earlier to plan for it just in case. It’s never been an issue with either of my exes, or my daughter when we shared a room. I think you are in the wrong, and if it’s that much of a bother, than maybe you guys need to be figuring out different sleeping arrangements.

1 Like

It is maddening. Especially when your only me time happens when everyone goes to bed and you have to stay up later to get it.

I have this problem too. My husband
sets his alarm early, then hits snooze several times, it turns out he just needs more time to wake up, but I agree it’s annoying to be awoken earlier than you need to be.

I just get up when the alarm goes off, make coffee and enjoy some peaceful morning time before the morning rush starts. It’s something you need to deal with or if it really is disruptive then the two of you need to comprise.

1 Like

I’m going with be glad the man is getting up to go to work! :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I would threaten lol :joy: been there with a 4am alarm bout 5 years ago

1 Like

Inconsiderate on his part

Omg my bf does the same exact thing

You’re being petty. I have three alarms set. One to make me start walking up. One to get up and one for if I fall back asleep. He should be able to do what he needs to in order to get up for the day from his bed (that he shares with you).

6 Likes

My husband gets up at 3 a.m every day. He then has a 2 hour drive to his work. Puts in 10 hrs then has to drive all the way home. He snoozes his alarm til the last second of having to walk out the door.
Pick and choose your battles. They’re tired too.

6 Likes

That’s just plain rude

He must have got death wish :rofl:

That’s just what a man does just think we pick up after them feed them and they don’t usually listen to us. I gladly get to smack my hubby once in a while when his alarm clock goes off and he doesn’t hear it.

It’s inconsiderate for sure. He should at least turn the alarm off and have a separate one for 6 if he’s going to lay there on his phone. That’s what my husband does and he definitely only has the second one for if he gets distracted and loses track of time while he’s waiting to start his day. Sometimes he won’t even let the 2nd one go off. If he knows it bothers you and that you don’t like being woken up 90 minutes before you have to up then he should find a compromise! That’s how marriage works. So he needs to work something out with you regardless because it’s disturbing your sleep and honestly down the road that can cause resentment even though it’s something small it can snowball to bigger things.

ID HATE IT when i dont even have to be awake till 7 … Does he needanother room …:thinking:

Feel fortunate he’s got a job. If this is all you have to complain about. Thank God for your blessings.

2 Likes

Sometimes it takes others Ling to get up and motivate. Use the time to spend with him or to wake up

I’m sorry but I was laughing at the whole thing while reading it… But I get it lol

I wake up at 5am and my husband works nights. I have what I need for the day clothes wise set out and ready the night before. That’s rude to wake up your spouse. We need our rest.

1 Like

Jump up and make him stay upand awake too. Tell him if the alarm is going off and he is gonna keep you up too. By georgy you will all get up and stay up, him included. Make him spend time with you and not on his phone. Will serve him right to do this a week straight.

1 Like

Maybe see if when his first alarm goes off he goes and sits in recliner or sofa until his other alarms go off. That way he can sleep :zzz: and wait for his other alarms and it would only wake you once

Mine has an alarm for 4:30. I get up every single time with it, because 1) it’s an alarm? It’s in the same room as both of you, it’s going to wake you both up. 2) he likes to spend time with me in the morning before he has to leave for work, even if we’re both sleepily laying together. Is your guy trying to do that? Maybe that’s why he’s waking you up along with him? Pick your battles, it’s a petty one. If his alarms bother you that much, I would recommend sleeping in different rooms so they don’t wake you.

3 Likes

I can’t say shit bc I do this too I set 3 alarms for 5:30 5:45 and 6:00 and never get up before 6 lol so no advice here :sweat_smile:

Very inconsiderate!!! And he knows this!!! Ha if it was me I’d throw that alarm across the room!!!:rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think you nèed to sùck it up. Only 3 alarms? I take well over 10 to actually start waking up and it’s only an hour difference

I BARELY get any sleep as it is, so when my SO alarms goes off at 4:30, and he doesn’t turn it off. I’m a little upset. I just want SLEEP. I totally feel ya. My significant other apologizes when it happens and acknowledges that he should’ve went to bed on time so he isn’t having a hard time waking up.

Is this something you can talk to him about? If he wakes up at 6 everyday, then why not set the alarm for 6AM. I don’t see why not.

Pick and choose your battles it’s apart of marriage

My husband does the same. It’s no big deal. I get up with him to spend some time with him before he leaves too.

1 Like

Lol I am in the same boat. My fiancé sets 5 alarms and snoozes them and they’ll randomly go off all morning. So I’m up at 5 everyday even though I don’t have to be up until 7:30 :upside_down_face:

Same with my husband, he has 9alarms on our alexia and his phone also but I sleep with ear plugs on he bought me because he snores also so win win I don’t hear him snoring and alarm😁
And I wake up at 6:30am for work and get our 2 kids ready for school all hubbys alarms start at 4am!!!

I would be pissed too ! That is very inconsiderate of him. How would he like it if you did it to him? I saw another comment that’s said pick your battles. I agree, but this would be one battle I would pick ! I love my sleep & I do not want to get up an earlier that I have to. I would tell him to please go to the couch when he gets up until it is time for him to leave.

1 Like

Instead of focusing on “ who is in the wrong “ maybe work together to find a solution ? There don’t always have to be someone who is wrong . Or right . That’s not what’s important, it’s you two against the problem not you two against each other

3 Likes

He is very inconsiderate, selfish and a real jerk.

2 Likes

My husband does this except with alarms going off every five mins for 2 hours before he gets up and I’m up on the first one. It makes me so mad lol I’m like if your going to set alarms like that get the hell up lol so now I just turn them off till the last one and I tell him it’s time to go of he’s going to be late so he jumps up and rushes and I just go back to bed :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

My husband and I both do this to each other, him during the week for work, and me on the weekends to workout.

Yes, he is rude… tell him to sleeo on the couch then :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Lmao I do the same thing. Don’t gotta be out of bed till 8, but set an alarm for 7:30, 7:45, and 8:00. I just don’t have the motivation to get up the first time, mornings are hard for some people

4 Likes

I don’t have to get up until 7:00 and my husband sets his alarm for 4:45. I get up with him so we can have coffee together before he leaves the house. I very much enjoy our little bit of alone time. My parents slept separately because of this, because they had such different shifts from each other. But asking him not to snooze his alarm?! He’s probably exhausted too, and just likes that extra 20 minutes…maybe try ear plugs?

Why isn’t the alarm by the side of him
To that matter why isn’t it on his phone
Alarms are to wake the person up
If you sleep next to him you will be woken up
If you dont want to ge woken up sleep in another room !

Me and my man both set alarms and we both help each other get up because we both are tired we both wake each other when we hear one another alarms

My fiancé does the same thing and I yell at him almost every morning for waking me up before the baby gets up

I am my husbands alarms. I wake up at 3:30 am, make him coffee and sometimes breakfast. We sometimes have coffee together. Get him up by 3:45 and he’ll leave by 4:00/4:15…. I go back to bed and get back up at 6:00 to get the kids ready for school… I don’t start work until 9:00 AM.

Your husband is being inconsiderate he can go to the sofa and snooze

2 Likes

I mean I’m single but I have 10 alarms set to get my daughter up for school. I do it because it helps me slowly wake up instead of just jumping up straight away. It’s just how I am now on the weekends I just get up straight away without alarms but getting up at 5:15 during the week has to be slow

1 Like

I have to be up at 7 and set 5 alarms, and the phones are on her side of the bed. She doesnt have to be up until 9:30. However she has zero issues with it and sometimes gets up to help get our daughter ready while I get ready for work. She never gets mad though. So in guess it depends on the person. :woman_shrugging:

Geeze, what’s the big deal? idk why people are tripping over alarms going off, and it’s about helping each other out. It’s not like you can’t go back to sleep

2 Likes

They all like that,! hehehe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My husband sets like 50 different alarms in the morning for whatever reason so I feel your pain lol. It’s annoying but I just leave it alone because when he leaves I’m just going back to sleep anyways :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

My husband did this for years. I learned to roll over and push him out of the bed. I used to do all of the late night feedings because “he had to work early and I was ‘allowed’ to sleep in”. So if I wanted those precious few extra minutes I kicked him out of bed, he now showers and plays on his phone in the living room until its time for him to leave for work. I no longer do night feedings, but I do watch my grandson until midnight and get up at 6am, but I don’t get up before 6am unless I feel like it…lol

My fiance and I normally get up at the same time. My alarm goes off at 5:45 and I usually snooze it until 6 when I have to go wake up our boys for school. He’s usually out of bed by 6:30 to work at 8:30 The days he has to be there at 5. I still set the alarm but for 3 and 3:15. I still get up with him to spend that time with him even though technically I shouldn’t have to wake up until 6. He doesn’t get home until 7 and it’s eat dinner, baths, and bed. What bothers me though is the weekends when he doesn’t have to work until noon and I’m still the first to get out of bed to be with the boys. Same for his days off (which are usually on school days) so I have to be up and he sleeps in still. I know he loves his sleep and hates getting up early and works and I stay at home but I’d like to sleep in some day too. Luckily the boys dont wake up until 8 or 9 on weekends so technically I do get to sleep in so it actually works out so I’m never really too mad about it. I don’t know why it bothers me sometimes that I’m always the first one out of bed. Your husband just may have a hard time waking up so early and needs to hit that snooze button. I’ve had times in my past that I’ve hit it multiple times. 5am is so early.

I do the same thing so it wakes me up and I can lay in bed awake for a lil bit… he could go sleep in the other room or not work idk sounds like you jus complaining ngl

Man some of y’all are wild. LOVE YOUR HUSBANDS LOL. My man’s phone goes off at all times of the night, morning, whenever. I’d NEVER get mad at something so stupid. He’s inconsiderate because he wants to sleep a little extra just like you sometimes before he heads to work??? You feel like only you should sleep in because you get your kids up at a different time and screw his feelings or what he may need? Maybe he plans on getting up at 530 but sometimes he’s just really tired? Or maybe he needs multiple alarms to wake up like I do and a lot of people do? My man just helps me wake up or tells me my phone is going off so I wake up enough to realize it’s been going off. You’re nuts lady. Your marriage won’t last if you don’t learn some deeper shit about life and relationships….I can promise you that. Open your mind to different ways of thinking. Your life will change drastically in a good way.

I would turn his alarm off when he goes to sleep…it really urks me when my kids do this when I dont have to be up early to get them to school. So, what I did was after they go to sleep, I turn off their alarms on their phones. And if you dont wanna do that, then I would grab the damn phone and chunk it across the room praying it breaks when it meets the wall.

Every one is different. Some people can wake straight up and others can’t. You just have to adjust to what works for both of you to get the best sleep

Tell him to set it for 6

What is it with husbands and alarms? Lol

I hit the snooze button daily. Everyone is different on getting up and awake. You sound very immature and whiny.

2 Likes

He is being unfair. Perhaps one of you should sleep elsewhere. Try to make an adjustment. Maybe on a weekend when he don’t work you should reverse roles and you set the alarm for 5:30 etc. See if he enjoys being awaken at that hour.

2 Likes

Tell him to set it for time he needs to get out of bed…or Tell em to set it at watever time in another room so he won’t disturb u…i make mine do the same thing or else I’ll cuz him out n throw a tantrum he don’t want to deal with it or a me for a week straight!🤷

2 Likes

maybe he set it early for morning fun

separate bedrooms work

2 Likes

I’d be mad too. I could understand one snooze,.but every morning? He’ll no. That is rude of him. He should get up after first alarm. And lay on the couch till his next alarm. I hate to be woke up lile that. Because it’s so hard for me to sleep at all. And when I finally fall asleep, I’d like it to stay that way. Your not in the wrong or immature. Ignore those annoying morning people. Those with multiple alarms suck. All you have to do is actually get up when you hear your alarm. But no, they be lazy and try to snooze for ad long as they can

Haha I used to do this. Sets my alarm at 530, but don’t actually wake up and get ready until 6 and snooze until then. For me, I just need time to adjust. I spent that 30 mins in bed with my eyes closed or on my phone adjusting to waking up/ morning/ new day. I’m glad my husband didnt complain. Cause now the role has reversed and I complain a lot. Lol

1 Like

Just change his alarm yourself. My husband did this for ages and he didn’t see the problem with it :sweat_smile: like. YOURE NOT EVEN WAKING UP TO IT WEIRDO!! WHATS THE POINT IN THE ALARM. after MANY attempts of talking about his useless alarm and me being up hours before I have to be for the kids, I finally just changed it myself and then it was fine after that! :blush: He didn’t even notice 🤦 like he noticed the 6am time when he woke up, but he was in a batter mood and wasn’t so grumpy, so didn’t say anything lol

1 Like

You would hate me. I set my alarm early enough that I can hit it 4 times :joy:

1 Like

If this is the only issue in your relationship consider yourself blessed :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

SUPER RUDE!!!
What is he thinking -
ONE alarm and then get out of bed for the day … Sheesh! :-1:

End it. Run. No one needs that kind of negativity in their lives!

4 Likes

There are inexpensive fitness watches that have alarms that vibrate. Maybe if he had one of these and wore it to bed it wouldn’t disturb you and just wake him up.

2 Likes

My husband wakes up at 2am with his alarm and sometimes it wakes me, sometimes it doesnt. What usually wakes me up is him getting dressed all loud, putting belt on loud, or in the kitchen with cereal bag being loud lol so hey it could be worse for you…

Do you work? If you don’t I don’t see a problem with what he’s doing.

3 Likes

Everyone’s different. I’m one of those “set an alarm every 10 minutes” people because I have issues waking up (I literally do not hear the first 2 alarms go off and my phone’s maybe 2 feet away from my head on my nightstand).

But, if he’s already awake and got up to get his phone, then why have you suffer?

2 Likes

Haha we had the same battle. Eventually he set it for when he needed to get up. After some seriously crazy reactions in the morning though. Good luck :laughing:

1 Like

You are right . I can"t go to sleep till about 3am . So I would have to hurt his feeling .

1 Like

Sleep in a different room then. I have about 3 alarms go off in the half hour time frame for me to get up

I can honestly say i feel you on this . Its rude as hell an very inconsiderate. I got 4 girls to get ready in the morning an it happens to me daily sometimes as early as 5 . I got a middle schooler so im up 6:30 and gotta get the other 3 ready an off to their school. Its just time for payback is all cause lots of women go through this shit. We need to work together on this one lol . But for real its disrespectful especially if you’ve repeatedly explained yourself it just simply means he dont care :100:

I’ve had this same issue in the past… he has like 50 alarms lol. But anyway now he turns them way down so I don’t hear it.

Bloody inconsiderate :unamused:

2 Likes

Do it back to him but for ridiculous reasons lol I hate when mine does that because I’ll have been up with a baby all night, or up sick all night (I have a sensitive stomach and am still learning what I can eat). OR Tell Him To SLEEP ON THE COUCH!

1 Like

He’s being inconsiderate being a mom is not easy

1 Like

He’s inconsiderate. He should go lay down on the couch if he needs to have 3 alarms. I get irrationally mad when my husband’s alarm goes off when he’s hone too. He drives truck and his alarm will go off anywhere between 2-5 AM on thr weekends if he forgets to turn it off.

My ex did this too. Then fell back to sleep, knowing I’d wake him up. So I stopped and the boss called to find out where he was. He set the alarm for when he really needed to get up after that.

I’m up at 430 help my husband and my kids and the I go to work

:rofl: I set mine like 8 times sooo :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

You’re definitely being inconsiderate, just deal with it. People wake up differently, and he needs this for work. Can you imagine someone getting mad at you just for waking up. Lool

8 Likes

My ex did that and it is completely inconsiderate…I set my clock for 0500 and I get up…he is a grown ass me…he needs to act like one

Inconsiderate, I am going through a similar situation this morning, I feel ya.

1 Like

There’s 2 sides, either he is being inconsiderate or he actually needs to be woken up multiple times to get going. I am not a morning person and have found when I have to get up early, I need more then 1 wake up call. That being did, I now work second shift and don’t need an alarm.

4 Likes

Your definitely being inconsiderate. I could not imagine being mad at my husband for setting alarms for work.

8 Likes

My husband’s the same way. He’s got an alarm set for 5:15, 5:30 and 5:45. Half the time I usually only hear the first one go off.

2 Likes

I like to set a few alarms and wake up that way. My husband does too. His first alarm goes off at 4am and second to get him up at 430. Neither of them bother me and even on the days I do wake up to them, I get to give him a kiss before he leaves. I think you are overreacting

2 Likes

I do the exact same thing as your husband. :woman_shrugging: sleep in a different room or go to bed earlier and get up with your husband. Everyone wakes up differently.

1 Like

A BIG FAT “Don’t do that in our bed”! NO!!!

I do this too. Ones set early so I get up get ready and then lay back down with my s/o until the next one goes off and I go to work. She even sets a backup alarm on her phone so I make sure I’m up in the morning. She smiles every time I crawl back into bed and cuddle up. It’s about working together. Not against each other over the small shit.

Lol you’re getting upset about a whole 30 minutes difference next problem

7 Likes

Idk who’s right or wrong but I know for me I set my alarm and then I snooze it for 10 mins. I know it’s probably annoying to have to hear two alarms but it’s hard to get up early in the morning for me. He probably just needs the extra time to actually get up. That way if he falls back asleep after getting the phone the alarm will go off to get him up again. :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s hard to say but if he needs the alarm he needs the alarm I’m sure it’s annoying but it’s just one of those life things that we have to put up with unfortunately. Or set a new schedule and just wake up with him. Then you have the extra time to do things before the kids get up.

2 Likes

Some people need multiple alarms to go off. I have three, the hubby has like one and just gets up. He has never told me to change my alarms. On his cranky days, sure. He’ll nag a little bit about it here and there and then we’re good. I am rarely able to wake up to the first alarm lol.

5 Likes

You need the earlier alarms so that you can start waking up. Not everyone is ready/able to get up and function as soon as their alarm goes off. I need to set my alarm to go off 3 times in intervals of 15 minutes otherwise I will sleep through my alarm. My husband has to do the same thing and while it is annoying on my days off when I don’t have to be up at the ass crack of dawn with his alarm I don’t get annoyed about it or tell him he’s inconsiderate for waking me up on my day off because 1 he’s just trying to take care of business and 2 I wake him up with my alarm on his days off. I just take the time while I’m awake and he’s laying in bed trying to wake up to cuddle him

if thats the only thing he does that upsets you my advice is to deal with my dear

2 Likes

Be thankful he wakes up to go to work for you and your family…

I myself require more than 1 alarm to wake up completely.
First alarm being it’s almost time to wake up. So don’t catch a heavy sleep
2nd is my fifteen minute warning so it’s the in between mentally preparing myself to wake up and catching a few last zzz’s
Final being wake my ass up…

I think you got it easy just be a little more considerate. That’s nothing to be getting mad about. :slight_smile: