Who is in the wrong?

Okay, yall, help me out here. I need to know If I am in the wrong or if my husband is just being a butt. He sets his alarm every day for 5:30 am. But when it goes off, he gets out of bed to get it, wakes me up, and then snoozes it and comes back into bed with his phone. It goes off two more times until 6 am, when he finally gets up to leave. I find this inconsiderate and get mad every single day about this and tell him he either needs to set his alarm and get out of bed at 5:30 or set it for 6 when he actually starts getting around anyways. It makes no sense to me when he does this, and I do not have to be up until 7 to get our three kids around for school. I think he is being inconsiderate; he thinks I am because I get mad when he brings his alarm back in bed and keeps me up when I do not have to be.

292 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. https://answers.mamasuncut.com/t/who-is-in-the-wrong/16598

Easy oneā€” he is in the wrong. You have every right to be annoyed.

12 Likes

Anything else to whine about ?? Canā€™t sleep in another room or the couch ??

5 Likes

He is in the wrong. You need your sleep

5 Likes

get over it :rofl: Youā€™re bitching because heā€™s setting an alarm to go to work :woman_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

Ehh, so he works and you arenā€™t? Sleep somewhere else if it is that much of a problem to not get sleep before getting kids ready for school.

9 Likes

Why would he wake you up on purpose

I feel like this is satire.

Debrēann any advice :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Coming from someone who also needs at least 3 alarms, you shouldā€™ve factored that in before yall got married. If you suddenly cant deal with it, get ear plugs or sleep in a different roomā€¦

10 Likes

He should set it for six and let you enjoy your sleep :zzz:

Lol. Shouldnā€™t be that much of a problem. But sounds like more of an issue if you guys canā€™t agree on a time to set the alarm :joy:

1 Like

I canā€™t stand that shit. Inconsiderate a@@!! I mean if you didnā€™t work & had no kids okay maybe but you have kids to care for on the daily then itā€™s wrong!!

I live this nightmare and I hate itā€¦ inconsiderate arse!!

Itā€™s very rude!!! Mamaā€™s need all the sleep they can get!

Just donā€™t set his alarm for him anymore :joy::joy:

Hereā€™s a tissue for your issue

4 Likes

Donā€™t come to my house! Hubbyā€™s alarms go off at 4:20 and then go off like 2 more times before he has to get up for work. I dont have to be up until 7:30am and my alarms start going off at 6:15 every morning. Some people arenā€™t morning people and need more than one alarm incase they doze off again before they need to be up for sure. :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Compromise, have him go lay on the couch with his phone from 5:30am, some people next that extra 30 minutes wake up time.

1 Like

Oh good grief then sleep in another room if itā€™s that big of a problem seriously. Thereā€™s bigger things in life to whine about then an alarm waking you up a few times. Be glad he actually works.

13 Likes

Depends what youā€™re doing once you drop the kids off. Going to work? You have a point. Staying home? Buy some earplugs

4 Likes

I do that. Except, initial is for 4:30 then 15 minute increments until 5am. Donā€™t like it? Oh well.

3 Likes

Well itā€™s just his way of waking up some people get up and go sit and have a cup of coffee. However if youā€™re still trying to sleep and it keeps you from sleeping maybe he can go sit in the living area while he does his morning wake up.
At the end of the day I think both of you need to compromise a little more here and I donā€™t know yā€™all or what your schedules are like but if you would go to sleep a little earlier you could wake up a little earlier and enjoy a quiet morning before the kids get up.

1 Like

Heā€™s tahole . He needs to grow up.

3 Likes

Heā€™s being inconsiderate.

5 Likes

Omg I go through the same thing while also being up in the night breastfeeding. Oh and also always the one up with the kids on the weekendsā€¦good luck!

3 Likes

I hate this!! My man does this. Alarm goes off so letā€™s lay here and watch FB videos until the next one goes off. Iā€™m starting to get stabby. :hocho::hocho:

1 Like

These comments are why I donā€™t ask questions in mom groups lol yall vicious

8 Likes

He is being inconsiderate.

4 Likes

I go thru this everyday, its very annoying and Iā€™m always tired

Do you have to get your kids ready then go to work ? Or do you have any time during the day to sleep? If itā€™s the latter maybe get up at 5.30 and make his lunch for him.

3 Likes

Please, be happy you have a husband that works every day and that you still have one. who wants to listen to someone getting upset first thing in the morning.

3 Likes

My husband does the same thing but at least doesnā€™t have to get out of bed to turn it off. We fought aboyt it for years until i just gave up. But yes is extremely inconsiderate. Especially as i work shift so a lot of the times Iā€™m home late and donā€™t have to get up till 7 also to take kids to school. What makes it worse is heaven help you if you wake him up before he needs to get up

4 Likes

Youā€™re mad he has a morning wake up routine for work to SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY?

6 Likes

It takes me several alarms to get awake and motivated so Iā€™m on his side

4 Likes

I start my alarms to go off every 7 to 10 mins starting from 5am to 6am ā€¦ I usually donā€™t get out of bed until 540ā€¦ I make my husbandā€™s breakfastā€¦ coffee ā€¦ Get dressed and get my husband up at 615 and my daughter up for school around the same time. He usually doesnā€™t hear or care for my alarms . On his days off I set my alarm for him and he sets his too ā€¦ itā€™s weird because I get aggravated when I hear his but I allow mine to go off for 40 plus mins every morning lol . Some people just need extra time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I know itā€™s hard to go back to sleep at that time but at least lay down with ur eyes closed and get that quite relaxing time In.

2 Likes

My husbands alarms go off from 5 till 6:30 EVERY 5 MINUTES :woman_facepalming:t3: and he never wakes up to it I have to wake him up because even if itā€™s literally by his ear he doesnā€™t wake up :tired_face: so I feel your pain and Iā€™m up 3 times a night feeding our baby ( heā€™s breastfeed so he canā€™t help with that lol) but by the time he actually gets up Iā€™m so tired and it takes me a whole hour to get to sleep so I definitely get mad but I canā€™t really complain Iā€™m a stay at home momma so I can just go back to sleep! But I definitely wish mine could just get up to 2 alarms and that be it :woman_facepalming:t3: either way it sucks being woke up to someone elseā€™s alarms when you are trying to sleep.

2 Likes

Omg same thing here but Iā€™m always up first with the baby but the few times I can sleep in until 6 it irritates the crap out of me

My ex did this also it would drive me nuts! He not long lives with me though!

1 Like

Negativeā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what your husband does for work but mine is a truck driver and he has a crazy schedule he does the same but it isnā€™t easyā€¦because I understand how hard it is to work 16 hours a day and sleep less than 6 hours thatā€™s where this news comes in so he is not being a butt

I set about 5 alarms to get moving in the morning.

2 Likes

Me alone I have 4 alarms to get me up every morning

4 Likes

My husband also sets his alarm to go off about 4-5 times before he gets up BUT he doesnā€™t wake me up šŸ’šŸ½

Time for separate bedrooms! Lol

My husband does the same thing. Weā€™re both much happier with our own space.

3 Likes

Mine does this too. Heā€™ll expect me to set alarms for 5:30 through 6am, which I end up awake by the second alarm at 5:45, and then heā€™ll sleep until 7:30, which is when I could sleep until and still get the kids up in time to get ready for school. It drives me INSANE. So I get him back by dozing off on the couch at night when weā€™re watching TV and the kids are asleep because it drives him just as nuts :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I donā€™t think heā€™s being inconsiderate at allā€¦ mine also needs like 5 alarms and several snoozes to be up for the day. If he didnā€™t heā€™d lay back down while half asleep and not make it to work. So you pick and choose your battlesā€¦ does he need his job to help support you and your familyā€¦ yeah. Go to bed earlier if possible. Sleep in another room. Sleep on the couch. Who knowsā€¦ but I do know that not all people have one alarm go off and just pop out of bed ready to tackle the day.

10 Likes

Change his alarm. For when u know he gets up

2 Likes

I have to set my alarm like this then have a few extra to give me time to wake up lol

5 Likes

I have the same problem for 11 years I just pick my battlesā€¦ heā€™s sleeps better than I doā€¦ I just donā€™t want that fight

Youā€™re being a dick.

I take more then one alarm to wake up, if your husband is going to work, and you have to get the kids to school. Let him do what he needs to get up and ready.

Yes he is inconsiderate. You work to so he should get up and go into another room

2 Likes

So set his alarm for 6. My husband has always needed 21 alarms to get out of bed I think I eventually stopped hearing them all until itā€™s the time he needs to get up and I just roll over and whack him on the chest or give him a good kick in the leg to get up lol. I do get up at the final alarm too to get the kids up and ready for the day.

Mine goes off for a good hour sometimes but my husband is usually out of bed and already working by then. I get the alarm thing but I donā€™t understand the whole getting out of bed to just get back in bed. That to me is silly.

Oh Iā€™m just like that I snooze my alarm like 5x starting at 6:30 I donā€™t get out of bed till 7ish so
:woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging: :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

So itā€™s backwards in our houseā€¦ I (Emily) do thisā€¦ and I will explain why it may not make sense whatsoever to u or anyone else but to us that do it. It makes perfect sense. I wonā€™t wake up to one alarm. I never have been able to. Even if I have to go and get it I still wonā€™t actually wake up. Some mornings I will snooze the alarm 6 times atleast and I donā€™t even actual realize Iā€™m even doing it 90% of the timeā€¦ I hate that I do it. I wish I was a one alarm done person. I will literally sleep threw it and can not help it. It just happens. Iā€™ve even went to the point of changing each alarm sound to try and mix it up on myself :weary::weary: We are not morning people and all that alarm does is piss off our self conscious lol :woman_facepalming:t3:. Its really hard to explainā€¦ Iā€™ve even called 911 trying to snooze the dang thingā€¦ I woke up to the police that morning :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:I thought Iā€™d do better than that honestly mix them upā€¦ :rofl: my husband canā€™t stand it either. I wish I could do better I really do. Bc he works on the tug boat works 12hrs a day some days 20 depending on towā€¦ 28 days straight no days off until he comes home for 2 weeksā€¦ I want him to be able to sleep in and just whatever but wellā€¦ I suckā€¦ :expressionless:

My alarm goes off 6 times. My man deals with it.

1 Like

Nah that would piss me off lol ā€¦ my partner sets his alarm , he gets up and leaves me to sleep till my alarm goes off

I get up EVERY day with my love at 5:30 am. I finish packing his lunch, kiss him goodbye, and carry on with my day. Why? Because heā€™s one of the good ones. End of story!

If Iā€™m sick or hurt, this man will step all the way up to the plate. But I donā€™t ask anything of him otherwise.

3 Likes

Not inconsiderate I set alarms in 15 min increments from 3:00 til 4:30

1 Like

My husband does the same thing and it is very annoying!But I have gotten use to it now and try to be understanding of his routineā€¦but girl it is very trying some daysā€‹:crazy_face::sob::grin:

1 Like

Iā€™m the same as the husband here. I set an alarm for 430am 5am and get up at 515am. But my husband sleeps right through these alarms.
On the flip side, my husband used to do this too and it woke me up at 2am 3am and 330am (he worked at 4am). Iā€™m a lighter sleeper and he would sleep through all the alarms. I used to yell at him. He doesnā€™t care about my alarms but I cared about his. Spouses need to take into consideration the other person. My husband didnā€™t care his alarms woke me up but I wish he did. He doesnā€™t wake up for mine at all.

1 Like

After that first alarm goes off, have him move to the couch so that you donā€™t have to be bothered by the alarms thatā€™s to come.

About up to a week ago, I would wake up at 6 with hubby, heā€™d get dressed and head to work. I have to stay up and pick out school clothes for my older kids to get them ready for school. We all wake up at six, but not my 3mo old XD, once my kids are ready and thereā€™s still time to wait, my kids and I rest til my own alarm goes off. So I get itā€™s annoying hearing so many alarms. But I also have an alarm that goes off when I need to take my meds

I set mine earlier to actually wake up my body. Go back to bed and have another alarm about 20 to 30 min later when i can physically and mentally be prepared to get out

2 Likes

I need like 6 alarms in the morningā€¦ maybe if itā€™s affecting you that much, you should consider separate rooms then coming together on the nights heā€™s off. Because unfortunately some people need multiple alarms but you donā€™t seem to be able to deal with itā€¦

5 Likes

Me and my husband BOTH do this :rofl::rofl: we set multiple alarms for 5 minutes apart. Why is this not something you considered before marrying him if itā€™s this big of an issue?? I dont think this is that big of an issueā€¦ lol itā€™s an alarm. Get some ear plugs or something if its bothering you that muchā€¦

5 Likes

My husbands alarms go off for a good hour before he gets up :joy: itā€™s annoying. But, Iā€™m lucky enough to be home with our kids. So I suck it up!

My husband does this but itā€™s because he wakes up at 130-2am to go to work his alart is right next to him but will literally not wake up to it and I have to yell at him to turn it off as most days I am just going to bed at that time ( up and down all night with 4 kids ) lol

Itā€™s actually been proven that you will feel more rested if u just sleep until itā€™s time to get up. Snoozing makes u more tired

2 Likes

I set mine multiple times and itā€™s my partners one day off a week he just deals with it.

A lot of people do this. It doesnā€™t even seem like something argument worthy.

4 Likes

I have like 6 alarms in the morning and turn them on no matter whoā€™s with me lol

Ha we set like 5 alarms .

1 Like

Nope. Throw the whole guy out! Lol for real. Donā€™t mess w my sleep!

1 Like

My Husband does this at the exact same times too. I use 1 alarm. I donā€™t make a fuss. We both have our own ways of doing things and itā€™s just one of those things you just get use to

2 Likes

Seriouslyā€¦this is your problem :sweat_smile: pleaseā€¦ thats pathetic sorry not sorry :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Mine goes off at 5, doesnā€™t usually get out of bed til 615 and whining he doesnā€™t have time to get ready now :expressionless: I donā€™t mind as of yet, I like waking up and helping him, Iā€™m sure in a few yrs itā€™ll be tiring :laughing:

1 Like

Youā€™re lucky itā€™s only those 3 alarms. And 15 ministers apart. My husband starts his alarms at 3 (both phone AND an actual battery operated alarm clock), 5 minutes apart u til 4, when he actually gets out of bed, then every 15 minutes from his phone until he leaves for work at 530. He always gets ready and relaxes in the bedroom aside from hygiene which takes less than 15) until he leaves. I deal with it and our newborn baby, Iā€™m sure you can handle 3 alarms.

1 Like

He is being inconsiderate, tell him to set one alarm at 6am. The other thing you could do is have your alarm set at 530am for him and his at 6am. I do this for my hubby.

i set 47 alarms so :ok_woman:t2:

2 Likes

Some people have a hard time waking up. One is to start waking you up, the second is to ensure you are up on time. I have more than one set, on mornings I have to get up real early it could go of up to 20 times. My boyfriends goes off about 5. And his also start at 5:30am.

You want him to be responsible and make sure he is getting up for work, right? Itā€™s what he needs to wake up on time. I understand it being inconsiderate on the weekends.

4 Likes

My partner does this too :roll_eyes: he has like 5 alarms! Drives me insane

1 Like

This would be a big issue for me. Everyone has their own boundaries and if this is a bother for you he should be respectful as your spouse and work to make it more appropriate for you. Other peoples opinions at the end of the day donā€™t matter if it bothers you.

Logger wives use cold water if their man doesnt get his 3 am butt out of bed (and the bedroom) after the first alarm

1 Like

My husband hits snooze repeatedly sometimes and I push on him each time it goes off because itā€™s also obnoxious(and heā€™s a hard sleeper) and then I tell him to get out of bed before it wakes our son up and heā€™ll go back to sleep on the couch if he doesnā€™t want to wake up yet.

Lol. I set my alarms 15min apart from 6:30am until 7:45amā€‹:joy::joy: My fiancĆ© yells at me if I donā€™t wake up to cut them off, but he can also go right back to sleep once I get up. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Iā€™d ask if we were married to the same man but then I realized mine has atleast 200 going off 36 hours before he actually gets out of bed for the day :roll_eyes:

1 Like

tell him to sleep in another room if jou have

I do this but worse lol. Iā€™m hard to get woken up and motivated.

1 Like

I have one set and usually snooze it and get up with the third si I canā€™t say much

Ugh, my ex used to do that. It was very inconsiderate.

:raising_hand_woman:t4: Guilty! I at least hold my phone under my pillow and hit the snooze button each time (8-10) it goes off. :woman_shrugging:t4::joy::joy:

I started kicking mine. Gently at first, but that didnā€™t stick. So I kicked it up a notch :wink: and started giving him a good boot to the thigh. He trained well. He now hops up and fucks off out of the room after the second alarm. :sunglasses:

Can you go to bed earlier or take a nap after the kids go to school? Can he sleep with his phone in a pajama pocket & set it to vibrate instead? Can one of you sleep elsewhere at least some of the time? Can you sleep with earplugs and maybe a face mask? Maybe sleep with double sheets & blankets so youā€™re not as disturbed when he rolls over or gets out of bed and no one can steal all the covers.

If youā€™ve reached an impasse, try couples counseling to help de-escalate and resolve this. I had the same situation that hubs had to wake earlier than me to go to work. I at least got him to only set the alarm to ring once and not turn on the bathroom light until he closed the door.

Just be glad you donā€™t have to get up at 5:30. I do understand needing more than one alarm to get up as I am SO not a morning person. When the kids were little I got up at 5 to get everything and everyone ready before I went to work. We were zombies for several years. :sleeping:

4 Likes

I do this :joy: drives my husband nuts. He gets up with one alarm, but nope not me. I need a couple to go off before I get up. Some people are not morning people.
There are two types of people and they are usually married to each other šŸ¤·šŸ¼

5 Likes

i think its all menšŸ˜‚

2 Likes

Omg. My man does this too.he gets up at 330am tho :sob::sob:

2 Likes

I do the same thing. Getting my body for the awake state

1 Like

Wow, Iā€™d kill to have my husbands alarm only go off 3x :rofl::sob: mine has his going off a full hour before he needs to even think about getting up, let alone actually have to get upā€¦ Every 15mins :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I do the same thing. I canā€™t just jump out of bed. Need to wake up slowly. You are wrong. Its a few mins.

3 Likes