When to pierce babies ears?

You can go to a hair dresser in lime ridge that specializes in babies! They said they use the actually earring itself and their hand pressure to pierce the ear so you can’t do damage like a gun! They reccomend after their 2 month shots and between 2-3 months of age :slight_smile: but you can deffs wait until they’re alot older!

Whatever you choose, DO NOT GO TO CLAIRES. Tattoo parlor is best, but do not let anyone touch your baby with a piercing gun. It causes blunt force damage and cannot ever be properly cleaned, so the little girl before you who got her ears pierced, still has blood and such on the same gun that will touch your daughter.

3 Likes

For starters, it’s YOUR child, so ignore the negative comments honey. 2nd of all, I took my daugter to Wal-Mart when she was a couple months old. Tattoo shops are great, but I’d suggest a less intimidating environment for a small child. My reasoning for getting it done that young is bc they don’t have the motor skills to mess with it, where as if they’re older they can ness with them to the point of infection, or pull them out

2 Likes

I went with claires but after reading these comments I feel like I should have went to a tattoo shop…however, my girls ears were fine

1 Like

When she is old enough to consent to putting holes in her body take her to a tattoo shop

1 Like

A lot of people are saying don’t go to Claire’s cuz they’re unsanitary but that’s where I went when my daughter was 8mths. They used individual finger piercers right from the package. I watched her open them & sanitize each one. The tattoo shops around me don’t pierce baby ears so it was either Claire’s or Piercing Pagoda 🤷 my daughter did great & her ears were fully healed in 4wks. And it was NOT difficult to clean her ears. She sat still & let me do it. So go wherever you feel comfortable :blush:

Whatever you do do NOT go to Claire’s!! Personal childhood experiance here!

I’m going to wait and let him decide when he is old enough. But I did get my first holes done at like 8 months. Make sure whoever does it will do it by hand and not use a gun

First of all, don’t get overwhelmed by the negative comments. Second of all, embrace all of the POSITIVE feedback and support!!

Yes, it is fun and cute for a girl to get it done, but at the same time, maybe take her to a reputable tattoo shop, have her sit down with a piercer and see were her feelings stand from there? Make it fun and look at cute jewelry and all that good stuff!!

She’s YOUR daughter and you wanting to have her ears pierced does not make you selfish or a bad parent or reflect your parenting choices. It’s such an innocent situation that everyone will throw an opinion at :unamused:

Hell, if that’s the case, I must be a horrible mom letting my 8 year old dye her hair whatever color she wants (temporary kind of course) say a cuss word on accident once in a blue moon and has her ears pierced :joy:

When they are old enough to ask

Young I did mine when she turned 3 months she doesn’t even know she has earrings shes almost 11 months now

My daughter will b 2 and i am looking to get hers done, def a tattoo shop, stay away from anyone using a gun thery d o not pierce properly and are often not sterilized and ca use infection… u may have the same problem im having though…finding a tattoo shop to pierce that young

2 Likes

I took my son to a tattoo shop when he wanted his ears pierced. He was 5.

1 Like

When she asks. I’d use a tattoo/piercing shop.

When they are old enough to ask for it and take care of the aftercare themselves. :ok_hand:t2: And you go to a professional APP certified piercer.

Puberty. It’s like a rite of passage. I got mine done at 11. I say anytime between 10 and 14. Or when she has her first period. Give her something special to look forward to during those awkward years.

Tattoo shop, tell them it’s for a child or infant they will have 2 piercers do it. My baby was done in under 10 minutes and healed within days, no swelling or irritation and she only fussed for a minute.

Edit to add: my baby was done at 3 months. It’s up to you when you get them done. I chose to get them done when it was me who was caring for them not her.

2 Likes

When they’re old enough to ask for it and def a tattoo shop.

1 Like

When they ask for it. Dont see why people go out of their way to pierce their kids ears. No one is going to care that your kids ears now shine in the sun. It has no purpose other than for you to carry them around like a fashion accessory. Be offended and cry about “shaming” please

4 Likes

Go to a professional, I admit i have had my ears pierced with the gun before but after some research the needle is better. Just do some google searches and make the choice best for you and your child.

Do not go with gun. No no no. I’m not concerned about age because I had mine done when I was an infant (eternally grateful for my mum doing that).
Get it done at a tattoo shop. They are safer and have sterile items everytime.
You can’t sterilize a gun unless it’s fresh out of the packet.

My mom got my ears double pierced when I was 2 weeks old. She took me to a little jewelry stand in the mall and had them done. She said i cried for a couple of seconds and that was it. Kept it clean for me, never had to worry about me getting ahold of the earrings because i was too young to understand…i dont know of any places who would do that now. This was 24 years ago.

Tattoo parlors are actually the better option. Studies have been done about how they are cleaner because they use gloves when Claire’s only uses hand sanitizer between clients

The guns are blunt force. .not sharp. I would go to a reputable tattoo parlor.

We let them decide for themselves if they want it done or not my 10&5 yr old get them done my 9 year old did not. We have a 3 month old and will wait until she can tell us wether or not she wants it done

2 Likes

My mom had mine done when I was 8. Six months later I took them out and never pierced anything else after that.
If you want your ears pierced, pierce your ears. Don’t try to live thru your kid.

Totally get it done as a kid. I wish my mama did mine when I was small because it took me an hour just to calm down and have someone come NEAR me with that gun

2 Likes

I’d go to Claire’s. Tattoo shop is no place for a kid

Tattoo shop… When they’re old enough to ask for it

3 Likes

Like 7 and a tattoo shop always

Tattoo shop sugar. Age is up to you but I waited untill my daughter asked. If you go to a tattoo shop they use hollow needles which is way less traumatizing to the ear and it heals better. Good luck

1 Like

Bottom line it is your child, you are the parent only you can decide when you feel it is the right time to do so. Depending on what state you live on most tattoo places will not touch a child below a certain age even with the parents consent, most places that do childrens ears use certain earrings that have a very strap backing so they will give you covers to place on the backs. Do some homework, talk to your child’s doctor and take it from there.

I waited till mine were 3 and asked for them to be pierced , I got them done at Walmart but now after knowing everything I do now I will get my 3rd ones done at a tattoo/piercing shop once she is old enough to ask

Up to you. It’s your child. Nobody else’s. And they don’t get the right to make that choice. They can say rather or not they think it’s a good idea. If I were you look it up. The pros and the cons. And then think rather which one out weighs the other

5 or older. Reputable tattoo shop.

Mine got hers done as a baby at her doctors office when they told me she was old enough and they had stuff to rub on her ears to numb the pain… she didn’t even cry

A tattoo shop is the safest place to go and they will let you know the best time to have it done … in my opinion i say like 3 months but a tattoo shop will definitely give you the safety you would want they are super clean and the instrument they use has never been used on any one else and everything is sterile. … hopefully you find a place for your little one they do look super adorable once its done :slight_smile:

Some people are very opinionated it’s funny almost. I had my daughter’s done at 6 months and she doesn’t remember and thanked me for doing it that way. She’s 10 now. The gun is best with 2 ppl 1 on each side at the same time. Cried for 1 minute until dad picked her up