When to pierce babies ears?

Don’t go to Claire’s. They’re just kids with no training. Always go to pediatrician or a tattoo parlor that does piercings.
And age doesn’t matter, up to the one who is piercing as to what the youngest they’ll do.

1 Like

Tattoo shop is more sanitized and the gun can jam n they dont cleans the guns at all at claire’s or Walmart

I did my daughter at a tattoo shop but they used a disposable gun.

I like the idea of letting the child decide they want it (and want it for a while) but thats just me. I do recommend a tattoo shop, they are cleaner.

1 Like

We took my daughter for her 11th birthday to a shop to get hers done by a professional. They healed perfectly and she LOVES them. I can’t stress enough how unsanitary the gun they use at Claire’s is. Read employee reviews of the cleanliness of it. It’s disgusting. Most shops won’t do it until 11 years old. Ultimately it’s your decision of course but, again, can’t stress enough how unsanitary getting them done with a piercing gun is.

Mine was pierced on her 3rd day only with a brand new sewing needle after sterilising it.

1 Like

Whenever the parents feel. Go to a tattoo parlor. I’m taking my 14 yr old probably this weekend to get his ears done. Had I had a daughter it would have been at a few months old.

2 Likes

Tattoo shop with a piercer ! My daughter had hers done age 6 , the shops rule was age 5 and up and after 5 weeks of perfect healing one got infected , i was able to take back to piercer for free where they switched the backing to a longer post and helped the issue tremendously. Including checking up on her every few days for weeks .
Piercing guns cause scar tissue to form as they literally rip the earring through the ear and with no space for swelling or a place to go to if she has issues plus better earrings and backs that wont fall out.

1 Like

At a Tattoo Shop by a licensed piercer.

And only when the child is of age to choose for themselves. I absolutely HATE seeing babies with their ears pierced.

6 Likes

My stepmom had my daughter done at little over yr old at claire’s. Now she dont wear earrings. I’m raising my granddaughter she going on 5 in July and I’m waiting till she asks about her ears being pierced and take care of them. I take her piercing place. I had mine done at Walmart when I was younger. My holes aren’t even. I hardly wear earrings now

When they’re old enough to make the choice for themselves AND are mature enough to take care of/ clean them without being told.

3 Likes

Do NOT use a gun! It destroys cartridge and you can’t properly sterilize a gun. Most people have crooked piercings from a gun. Please go to a professional that uses a hollow needle. Any age as ok. Though I’d wait till they are an age where you can as them if they want earrings or not.

Definitely a tattoo parlor. I wait until they’re old enough to ask and old enough to take care of them because I’m lazy and don’t feel like turning they’re earrings for them or putting on the solution. Otherwise I’m not against doing it to them when they’re babies. My mom had mine done when I was 1 yr. My holes will never close and I love I have that option. Because babies pull on my earrings. I’ve had other piercings after 10yrs and some of them have closed. Also, Claire’s and walmart suck at lining up where to put the earring. Had my daughter’s done 2x when she was 7 and when she was 10. Claire’s did a slightly better job, but I will no longer do those places again.

I waited until my daughter asked for them and I went to a tattoo shop

1 Like

Don’t use the hand gun piercer, I’ve heard horror stories about what can happen. I had my ears pierced that way and it was fine but apparently they are seriously unsanitary and can cause big problems if the person using it isn’t careful.

When they are old enough to ask. And not a tattoo shop

2 Likes

Tattoo shop. Those guns are not sterile

1 Like

When my children were babies my dr office did piercing this was in Arizona

U can have her get her ears pierced whenever u want hun. Also I recommend when u get them pierced have someone that’s uses a needle the healing is way better. Definitely a tattoo shop I recommend :slight_smile:

I was 10 and my sister pierced mine. They’re even,no infection, she numbed them beforehand with ice and it was done in 10 minutes.

1 Like

Tattoo shop for sure. My daughter is two and I’ll wait until she tells me that’s what she wants. I had my first holes done when I was a baby and they aren’t straight, and all holes I’ve had done since then aren’t straight either, so I only wear one set of earrings at a time. Tattoo shop will be more careful and cleaner. As soon as my child asks for her first piercing, that’s where she will get it done at

When they’re old enough to ASK FOR IT.

6 Likes

If you find out at your child’s doctor’s office a lot of places will do ear piercings

Ive got my kids done at Claire’s then i bought a gun at walmart for more… Nothing bad came of it… Its bettee to get it dibe with early then they won’t even go through the anxiety of it. And they love it.

Before 6 months and at the Dr office

1 Like

WhEn I WaS oLd EnOuGh To AsK :joy: all girls in my family got them done as babies and never had a problem slept right through it you don’t want them when your older take them out

1 Like

I plan on waiting until my daughter is old enough to ask and fully understand what she’s asking for. Then we’ll head to a tattoo/piercing shop. I had a terrible infection from a piercing gun when I was a kid… and they weren’t even straight. :grimacing: Tattoo shops are absolutely the way to go! They are professionals and it will be done correctly and safely. <3

3 Likes

When she’s old enough to say “Yes I want that, even though I know it will hurt and take some time to heal.” And definitely go to a legit tattoo/piercing studio.

1 Like

My personal opinion I would wait until the child asks. Definitely a tattoo shop. Piercing guns aren’t sterile and can cause damage to the ear and the earrings don’t always go all the way through. I had mine done when I was younger with a gun and they got infected every time with proper care. I had them done the last time and a tattoo shop they never got infected and were less painful being done with a needle

1 Like

i waited til my child asked. personal preference but i feel like a child should have the opportunity to decide for themselves yeah they can take them out but still have holes and for what reason

1 Like

Let’s clear some things up.

1. If you can go to a tattoo parlor, do it. However many piercers refuses to do baby/infant ears until they turn like 4-5yo.
  2. Everyone is correct about the gun not being sterile, however the GUN never comes into contact with the ear. The preloaded presterolized cartridge is what comes into contact with your child’s ear. Guns are perfectly safe on LOBES. Do NOT use guns anywhere else. They can shatter cartledge.
  3. A good thing about using a gun is that they can do them both at the same time.
  4. A good thing about going to a shop is that they’ve been through a little more training than a person using a gun.

There are pros and cons to each and I highly advice you to do your own research. I, however, did my own research and after 20 piercings on myself I came to my own conclusion that guns are okay on lobes but not to be used anywhere else. I got my daughters ears done at 5.5m at piercing pagoda. I also highly recommend you find somewhere that is more all about piercings and has an older staff than somewhere where teens will be piercing their ears. Good luck!!

2 Likes

Usually after the child’s 1st booster shots

When my daughter says she’s ready to have her ears pierced. She told me she wants them but isn’t ready just yet. She’s currently 5. My personal opinion is don’t put unnecessary holes in your child’s body unless they are old enough and consent. Body autonomy is important. We plan on going to a tattoo shop. One that our daughter is familiar with and knows the owner (friend from high school).

3 Likes

I’m doing my daughters when she’s 4-5 months old!

5 Likes

When they’re old enough to make the decision for themselves.

Never have it done with a gun. Needs to be done with a hollow needle

2 Likes

When there old enough to decide on there own

1 Like

Tattoo. Ear gun uses blunt trauma to pierce. That’s why it swells and hurts. A piercer uses a needle. It opens a space for the earing. it doesnt swell. Please don’t use a piercing gun. They cannot clean them properly

If your going to get your child eat peirced go to a tattoo shop and you can’t get them peirced until after they had certain shots

If older, tattoo shop. If an infant, I let the dr do it with their shots.

1 Like

Claires, when she’s old enough to ask.

A tattoo shop would be best

Tattoo shop please. And i feel like when they say “hey i want my ears pierced”

2 Likes

When they are old enough to choose so

1 Like

When shes old enough to ask and go to a tattoo shop.

2 Likes

I had mine pierced when I was around 9M-12M and most I know with a baby girl have done the same… there’s nothing wrong with getting her ears pierced young so don’t let anyone on here make you feel like your Doing something wrong or bad because your not… it’s fine and she’ll most likely thank you later. And just go to Claire’s… the gun is fast and easy… but a tattoo shop does just as good of a job as well.

2 Likes

The Drs will do it ! If they are young!

When they’re old enough to have it done. And tattoo shop an ear gun can cause infections and can be very unsanitary

1 Like

I’m a body piercer. Needles are best never use a gun the blunt force trauma can cause major issues, swelling, not to mention the earing can migrate inside the ear meaning having to have it cut out. Children should be old enough to decide for themselves

3 Likes

Tattoo shop!!! Please go to a professional tattoo/ piercing shop! I took both of my girls to claire’s and regret it. Also, I had their ears done at about 8 months, but I feel like I should have waited until they were 7 or 8 years.

1 Like

Tattoo shop and when they are old enough to take care of them

I would wait until she is old enough to ask. I would highly recommend going to an actual professional at a tattoo shop to get them done! They know what they are doing and they are also using an actual needle instead of pushing a blunt object through their flesh.

2 Likes

A tattoo shop, no gun. And the earlier tbe better. Between 3 and 6 months

tattoo shop. and probably about middle school age.

1 Like

Don’t get ears pierced with a gun, they can cause some Nast infections

I got my babies done the day she got her shots…

I’m a body piercer. While a piercing/tattoo shop uses hospitalized standards of sterilization making it a safer environment, I suggest either getting it done with a gun or waiting until the child is older. This is the process and why I chose to only pierce 18 and up…

1 Like

Ok so this is a touchy subject.
So lemme say this; you can get your child’s ears pierced at age 2months.
If you do decide to get them pierced, do it at this time so the child can’t mess with her earrings while it’s healing.
Claire’s, Walmart, Tattoo shops etc will do it.
They are all clean and sterile. Do not think y’all are above Claire’s and Walmart :roll_eyes: get over yourselves.
Also, be sure you clean them!!!

I got my daughters done at 6 months old.
The earrings fell out and the hole closed.
Again at 18 months. 1 earring fell out and closed up. And then she decided at 4 she wanted them done so we got the 1 ear that closed up redone and kept the other one in.

Do not let others dictate what you do. It’s not harming the child anymore than a damn shot. If she doesn’t want earrings later in the future, she can take them out and yes the hole will close up and heal over a few years.
:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
I have NEVER met someone who said “god I hate you parents for piercing my ears! Grrrr you child neglecting assholes” :joy:

Its ultimately up to you when u choose to have your child’s ears pierced but I’d do it at a tattoo shop as they do it correctly given they will with ur consent with the childs age

1 Like

When they ask and can care for it themselves

2 Likes

I had my daughters done at her 4 month checkup when she got her shots and they did it right in her pediatricians office and I never had an issue

Doctor offices can do them too

When they ask. And I had mine done at a mall shop similar to Claire’s, but have heard that a tattoo shop is safer and less damaging. From what I gather, tattoo shops will not do it unless the child is old enough to verbally agree to it.

4 Likes

Tattoo shop. I got mine pierced at Claire’s when I was a child, and although I am immensely thankful my parents waited patiently for me to truly decide I was ready, I really wish they would have known how horrible the effects of the gun would be on my ears. Not only are the holes lopsided because the person didn’t have proper training, they constantly got infected even when I was taking the best possible care of them, and they did damage to my cartilage. I hardly ever ear earrings now because of how many problems I had as a child trying to. I am in no way anti-piercing, but I’d strongly recommend waiting until your child is old enough to offer consent to a body modification and taking them to a tattoo parlor with a professional piercer.

2 Likes

Age that they can ask you to have it done

5 Likes

Tattoo shop… I’ve got several piercings from there and never had an issue…

The things with the guns is they can get stuck or something… I had them get stuck on me 3 times… I have 7 in one ear and 6 in the other

1 Like

When the child asks. A tattoo shop 10000%

1 Like

Please don’t take this the wrong way, because I’m not trying to tell you how to be a mother… but please do your research before you make your final decision. I worked at a tattoo shop doing piercings before I moved and got into a caregiver position…
Anyway, it is very dangerous to be piercing an infants ears. Any piercer with any sense will tell you to wait until they are old enough to consent/want it done so that way they are old enough to not yank on them and help take care of them. It is a major health hazard for infants due to their lowered immune systems and high risk of infection. Babies stick their hands in their mouths a lot, and often tug or pull on their ears due to teething, ear infections, headaches, or just general moodiness. Please think about these things before choosing to do this. But if you do decide to do this, please do everything you can to make sure her ears stay clean, and try to keep an eye on her to make sure she’s not pulling.

4 Likes

The child should make the decision on if they want their ears pierced or not so I’d wait.

2 Likes

When the child is old enough to decide for themselves. And tattoo shop, if you can find one who will do it. They use needles opposed to guns. Guns tend to tear the tissue while the needle puts a smooth hole in it. Theres plenty of research about it with a simple Google search.

2 Likes

Younger the better in my opinion

2 Likes

When my daughter is able to ask me to get her ears pierced I think that is better and more memorable because it’s her body and it’s what she wants! It kills me seeing babies with pierced ears cause what if they grow up and don’t want it they are left with holes in their ears. I got my ears pierced at Claire’s and I would never recommended them. I would go to a professional tattoo shop

3 Likes

When they want them pierced and can care for them. Our 5 yr-old has her entire 8th bday planned out including getting her ears pierced :laughing:. We’ll get a pro piercer to do it, NOT Claire’s.

1 Like

When they are old enough to ask!
crazy it is allowed… can you imagine piercing a child’s lip? Nipple? Tattoo? Argh aggravates me how it isn’t seen as abuse!

3 Likes

When they don’t stick fingers in mouth and pull at ears. That’s the main reason some tattoo parlors won’t do it

:woman_facepalming:t2: here is the debate question

When they ask
And tattoo shop wity a needles not a gun.

1 Like

Tattoo shop, for sure!!

1 Like

Honestly, for us, it’s not my body so I’m not going to do something like. If/when my child asks for it then we’ll talk about it & if/when we get it done we’ll be going to a tattoo/piercing shop.

Tattoo shop everything is sterile as the piercing gun are not cleaned after every use and the same one is used every time just with a new set of earrings…I know this because I have worked at many places who offer piercing for ears and this is a common lazy practice…my advise go to a tattoo/piercing shop which I have also worked for everything is sterile new out of sterile packages.

3 Likes

My son,yes my SON asked last year right after he turned 4. His Dad and I both have our ears peirced and he wanted to be like Daddy. We explained to him that it IS going to hurt and he has to stay very still and he STILL wanted them hes very bright for his age and we left it up to him to decide and now he LOVES them . All the little boys in our area want their ears peirced now lol we went to clairs but i dont recommend we ended up paying 70 freaking dollars! And the one lady (had 2 at same time) got the ear pericing gun stuck in his ear because she was a second to late with the other lady and my son jumped. So i dont recommend clairs. But as far as healing and everything he did great. And they were healed within a week.

3 Likes

Mine had theirs done as newborns at Claire’s and were fine
I had mine done as a newborn and was fine
Every single female in my family had theirs done as newborns and were fine

2 Likes

I bought a piercing gun and earrings from Walmart n did my littlest ones myself. My oldest had em done on her first birthday at claires. My littlest shortly after 1. No problems with either

I got my daughters done at her pediatricians office when she was about 4 months old :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t go to Claire’s!

1 Like

I’m letting my daughter decide on her own if she wants them done.

My daughter is 2.5 and she got hers done a couple of weeks ago. She seen her older cousin (4) get hers done and wanted pretties. I let her wear clip ons for awhile but she got mad when they would fall off… Everytime she held her ears saying “me want pretties” I told her they would hurt and asked of she really wanted them… Wewent on like this for awhile… I found a tattoo shop here in town and took her there bc i dont trust the malls/stores. All the way into the shop and room when she was on my lap i asked if she was sure… Had she gotten scared or said no we would not have gone through with it… She didn’t cry at all… Literally took like 10 minutes if that. The girl who pierced them asked her if she’d do it again and she said yes… She hasnt messed with them at all and even allows me to clean and turn them!!! I honestly would rather do sooner than later, if she decides later she doesnt want them then she can take them out!

TATTOO PARLOUR hands down!!We did baby girls at 6 months! Great She!

1 Like

Honestly, going to the tattoo parlor. They are more experienced then Clair’s.

It’s not your body, let your child decide when/if they want to have it done. My daughter was 7yrs old.

1 Like

Tattoo shop, ive noticed the gun does alot of damage for some reason definitely do a tattoo shop where they use a needle.

1 Like

She asked for advice not your judgements … I got mine done at 3 months if the child is going to get their ears pierced in the future anyway what’s the problem it’s not like a girl absolutely does not want to wear earrings name one girl that doesn’t have her ears pierced yeah exactly so stfu :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Tattoo shop! I pierced both my girls ears( was actually a professional piercer). Piercing guns rip through skin leaving a jagged hole. Done properly with a piercing needle allows better healing and imho, less painful.

Tattoo shop!! Guns are NOT sanitary! Get a nasty infection. Go to the professionals!

The earlier the better. My daughter had hers done at 2 months right after her first set of shots and we’ve never had a single problem. Shes now 2 1/2 yrs old.

Um never Claire’s! They cannot take the guns apart to clean them. They are NOT trained to do piercings. Goto a piercing shop.

Tattoo shop for sure. When ever she ask. My daughter asked around 3 and we went to Walmart :roll_eyes: she wouldnt leave them alone and they got hella infected so we took them out. At 6 she asked again and we went to a tattoo shop (ours wouldnt pierce unless she said she wanted it) and the healing time was wayyyyy less than with the gun!

Piercing guns damage the internal tissue, and places like Claire’s, Walmart, etc do not have to follow the standard guidelines as proper tattoo and body shops.

1 Like

And when they verbally express the desire for body mods AFTER they know about the process.

I won’t be letting my daughter do it until shes old enough to decided she wants them done. It certainly won’t be my choice, since it’s not my body.

2 Likes

Definitely tattoo shop! And when she tells you she wants them

2 Likes