When did you decide to try for another baby?

Does anyone have any recommendations on age gaps? I’m looking for advice on age gaps. I have a 14.5 month old now. We’re in the air about WHEN to try for another. But I would love to hear what you feel is the best age gaps and why. We are stuck on getting pregnant this year or next year. That would give us a newborn and either a 2 year & 4 month old or if we wait another year it would give us a newborn and a 3 year & 4 month old. Advice?

1 Like

I had mine 18 Mos apart and then a 3rd 8 years later. Sounds like you know the big age gap isn’t for you. Sooo from my experience I think it would have been a little easier on myself if I timed it so that my first was fully potty trained before my 2nd was born. 2 in diapers is tough and expensive. It also would have been nice to have more solo time with my oldest. Personally, my vote would be to wait for the 2nd option you mentioned. BUT Do whatever feels best for your family. Good luck Mama :heart:

Ours are 3.5 years apart and it’s perfect! But we went from 1-3 with twins so I’m glad we waited.

I have an 11 yr old and 2 yr old. It wasn’t planned this way but it has been the most easiest, funniest experience.
I am currently 5 months pregnant as well so this will be also a new experience

1 Like

Do you want 2 in diapers/pull ups?It is expensive and super hard to do. In my experience if they are to close together they never get to do anything on their own. My sister and I are 17mos apart and hated it growing up because I never got to experience anything on my own. My middle and youngest are 4.5 years apart. He is 5 she is 5mos. And my oldest is almost 13. He absolutely loves his little sister always trying to help. I am glad we waited with the last one so I got to enjoy the other kids and not be completely consumed by a newborn.

It really depends on the individual, if you want them same age groups start trying now. My children have a 6 year gap with my first two and my newborn and middle child are 12 years apart.

I dont think their really is a perfect age gap. The best time to try for another baby is when you feel ready for a second child. Personally, I think that waiting another year would be easier with the first being a bit older and a little more independent. The timing of my second baby wasn’t planned out but they are 3 years and 7 mos apart. I think a year earlier would have been harder on me.

I would wait till first is potty trained do you really have the time and money for 2 kids in diapers my mother had 5 in 8 years and that is why I waited 5 years between mine I basically raised myself and have never been close to my mother I always felt like I was in the way being the second oldest was the pits

Well… We were going to try when our first was 18 months but our bodies had other plans and we got pregnant when they turned 1. So it was a 21 months age gap.
That gap worked out pretty nicely so we did the same gap between our 2nd and 3rd.

My kids have a 11.5 year age gap. It has worked in our favor for sure.

1 Like

My oldest is 4 years older than the next set of 3…whom are 10 (15 months apart) 9, and 7. Those 3 have such a close close bond. My oldest shes just annoyed by them constantly :rofl::rofl:. Its a lot of work when they are toddlers/babies and close in age- however I wouldn’t change it.

I would aim for when the first turns 3 both for avoiding 2 in diapers and because the (terrible) two’s are difficult enough for child & mom than to add another big adjustment, and once you’ve survived the two’s you’ll both feel more confident. Thats what mine were. Oh there was sibling rivalry BUT they were there for each other in school years, & still are close

My daughter is 3 and currently 33 weeks pregnant! She starts school just 2 months after I have baby and I also avoided having 2 in diapers. IF we do have another, it’ll probably be in another 3 to 4 years.

I had my second when my first was 2, so 2 year age gap, they’re really close and I found it pretty easy, had my third when my 1st and 2nd were 6 and 4 and I found that a lot harder, so from personal experience the closer the age gap the better x

My daughter is 3 and my son is 1 month. Its okay most of the time. Right now my toddler is going through a sleep regression and I have had barely 2 hrs of sleep at night

Either should be fine. My oldest boys are 3 years apart & youngest boys are one year apart. Both situations worked out for me.

I have a 6 month old, almost three, almost five, 7 & almost 9 year old. My days are wild, but I wouldn’t change ANY of it. someday I will miss my chaos.

Mine are 3 yrs and 3 months apart. At first it was kind of rough bc my son is a mommas boy and he hated sharing me with baby sister. Now they’re best friends. They have the best bond ever.

Ok. I’ve had 8 kids and my favorite age gap has been three years

My oldest is 8 my youngest is 7 and just found out I’m pregnant with a surprise baby​:woman_facepalming::smirk: with my oldest 2 my son was 3 months old when I find out I was pregnant with my daughter

All of my kids were four years apart and it worked out perfect

After the first is potty trained.

All my baby’s are 3 years apart but that wasn’t on purpose how it worked out but honestly I love the 3 year age gap there old enough to help and still close in age to play as the baby gets older I just had my 5th and last baby 3 months ago

My oldest and youngest are 14 years apart lol (I have a 16, 11, & 2 year old) I never thought I would have it this way but honestly I love it! They all got to have a few years where most of the attention was on them and now as they have gotten older they do their own things or hang out with friends and I’m able to devote more of my time on my 2 year old. The two older ones are boys and absolutely love having a baby sister!:heart: Plus I’m still a “young” mom which makes me happy that I can still feel like a “cool” mom with my 16 year old. It all works out and I’m so happy what God’s plan was for me!:heart::heart: Between my oldest just getting his driver’s license, my middle one in middle school, and my youngest about to start potty training it’s always a fun time!:rofl::rofl:

I had mine 10 months apart in the same year. Was great for sports and they always had each other to play with

Well, mine are 15 months apart so you are already late!