What does it mean if you had a dream someone close to you died?

What does it mean if I had a dream someone that was close to me dying and it felt so real please someone

3 Likes

I had a painfully vivid dream of my father dying. Woke up terrified and called my mom, told her about it. 5 days later I got the call saying my dad had died approx 5 days before and were waiting on an autopsy to determine his actual death date and cause of death. Turned out, the night I had the vivid dream, was the night he died and I saw it all. Right down to the position he was laying in when he was found…

This was my experience, and believe me, I’m pretty mentally fucked up from it, but that certainly does NOT mean that’s what your dreams mean. Dreaming the death of someone or something, can mean many things. Can mean rebirth, or even an end to a difficult situation with said person or in that persons life. Or it could mean something as simple as your mind replaying a movie you’ve watched, but people you actually know are the new characters.
The subconscious mind is hella powerful.

1 Like

I’ve read it means someone is going to have a rebirth

It means , your worried about the person for some reason , you my be uncomfortable , about something going on in that person’s life. Hopeful nothing will happen.

My grandparents who were superstitious would say someone close to you is gonna have a baby. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I always heard If u dream about someone dying then someone you know will be having a baby soon

Maybe just that you’re worrying about that person. Or they’re lingering in your subconscious. It means nothing serious. I’ve had tons.

2 Likes

It means nothing. You subconsciously worry about them dying.

It doesn’t mean anything :woman_shrugging:t2:

For everyone saying “it means they are going to have a baby”, let me go tell my 80 year old grandmother congratulations. :joy::joy: