What do your partners do to help you at home?

How do your partners “help” at home and with your children? Whether you’re a SAHM or work. Just curious to see what other people’s dynamic look like.

3 Likes

Yes. They aren’t his kids and we are not married. He works 2 jobs, I work 1. He helps with house work and with the kids. I’ve never had to ask for help from him. Now this is a huge change from what I was use to before him.

1 Like

Our agreement is maintenance/repairs and outdoors stuff is his realm and I do the cooking and cleaning indoors. Our kids (mine from a previous marriage) also help us with chores both indoors and outdoors. It’s a team sport around here. Everyone has responsibilities to keep up on.

1 Like

my husband is a corn farmer, so currently in busy season. When home he cuts the grass, takes the garbage out, sometimes cooks and laundry, he does help put the kids down as I do mornings. I work full time as well.

1 Like

Everything! We both work full time, and have 4 kids. He contributes to everything, cooking, cleaning, laundry, Baths for the younger kiddos, the dog, anything poop/puke related lol, anything that needs fixed, yard work, drs Apts, school functions, sports. You name it he does it and with no complaints. Only thing he doesn’t do is grocery shop and he would do that too I just prefer to do it lol. Pretty lucky!!

My husband does all the cooking. I do the cleaning. We both help each other out though. My husband helps with all aspects of the kids

1 Like

Take turns on everything or just clean as a team depending on our schedule we both work so whoever’s day off cleans everything for that day sweep,mop,laundry dishes those are our every day chores plus if we choose to do any deep cleaning. And we rotate cooking dinner

We both work full time, plus I have 2 side hussles. I have 4 kids- that aren’t biologically his. My kids have 2 morning chores & 3 after dinner chores that are completed everyday. My husband does a lot of the fixing of things within the house/outside. He maintains the vehicles. He will help with meals, grocery shopping, vacuuming, making beds, scrubbing the shower/tub. He also helps so much with the kids. Best partner ever :heart:

1 Like

My husband does all the laundry and keeps our room and bathroom clean everyday. Thank goodness my kids are all old enough to do chores, so all I have to worry about is cooking.

My husband helps with all aspects of household chores and taking care of the kids. He also does an amazing job of picking up my slack if im having a rough day. He works full time, i work part time and we have a hobby farm and 3 kids.

I’m a SAHM hubby drives for school district. 2 grown kids youngest preteen. Plus we help my Mom. I predominantly cook, do some cleaning and handle appointments. He helps clean, does dishes and handles bedtime routine. I am extremely spoiled as he has absolutely no expectations of what I should get done during the day and if it doesn’t get done he steps up and helps. The 4½ hours mid day he has off between morning and afternoon routes we go to the gym, take hikes, breakfast or lunch dates and in general just spend time together enjoying us.

1 Like

My husband helps with everything except baths and breastfeeding my son lol I’m a stay at home mom.

1 Like

Whatever I tell him to do lol but generally on weekends he makes the bed and vacumes… he will clean up after dinner etc

My husband is a truck driver and is only home Sunday and sometimes Saturday or Monday depending on the week. I’m a stay at home mom. He sometimes helps me cook and he takes care of the work around the house that involves power tools. I do everything else. We have 2 kids that are 9 and 12. He also helps with laundry and sometimes does it himself. I try to make sure he doesn’t have to do anything when he’s home because I would rather spend time hanging out and enjoying the little bit of time we get to see him without having a list of jobs to get done.

i work a couple hrs a day first shift and he works 3rd shift im home and i just got a 2nd job 2nd shift still a couple hrs a day.but no matter what shift i work he helps even on weekends . but around the house he will help with whatever i do he will help with dishes without asking, he will also help with laundry if ask or not,he cleans the bathroom and believe me he cleans it you choke on bleach that you have to open window in there. we both vaccum. im stay at home mom in summer,except this summer work a couple hrs maybe with the 2nd job that he has to help out more. hes 8 hr ,me im 2.25 hrs and now 4 hrs.

My husband helps with all the cleaning(kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, laundry, living room).

i do most of it myself. kids help but theres room for improvement lol. there are days itd sit for a week or longer if i didnt get to it

My husband and I both work full time and we have a 6 month old. I am definitely the “default parent” but that’s honestly how I wanted things! We have definitely had some issues because I am the type that when I see something needs done, I jump in and do it where my husband needs to be asked. If I ask him to heat me a bottle or change the babies diaper, he will but he’s not going to do it without being asked. In his way he is trying but it has definitely been a learning curve! Hope this helps!