What can I do for my 4 year old?

Morning ladies! My 4 year old has gotten really bad diahrea the last 24hrs. He literally can’t keep anything in. Any ideas what kind of medication I can give him for it? He’s so miserable with it bless his little heart

9 Likes

I had this problem when my guy was little. Dr said for diarrhea stick to the brat diet. Bananas, rice, apples, toast

2 Likes

Medication isn’t great for diarrhea, it’s gotta run it’s course instead of masking what’s wrong. Keep him hydrated. My 20 month old has norovirus and she had diarrhea for 11 days plus vomiting daily. It sucks for sure but it will pass!

3 Likes

Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast

5 Likes

Brat diet and some Gatorade for electrolytes. Same as pedialyte but cheaper

3 Likes

Keep her hydrated Gatorade pedialite sprite give her popsicle

2 Likes

Liquid diet and banana flakes. But since he is only 3 years old if he has diarrhea more than a day he needs to be seen by a Doctor. Babies and Toddlers go down quickly and dehydrate.

Imodium kids.
It’s a liquid for ages 4 and up.

1 Like

Probiotics, yogurt with cultures.

1 Like

Call your doctor don’t depend on non professionals

1 Like

Grape juice. Just give him a glass. Something in it pulls the bad out of a stomach bug. Been using this one for kids and grandbabies. God bless

Cheese crackers toast pb anything dry

Pedylite n lots of it. They even have freezer pops

Something is in his stomach that isn’t suppose to be there, let his body expel it if it isn’t gone after 3 days go to doctors to get tested for a parasite

Prayers for your son Amene

TAKE HIM TO THE DR ! stop asking Facebook :woman_facepalming:t3:

These pics are what I used when my kids had diarrhoea and within 4 days to a week their poop was back to normal

They sell probiotics packets for kids on Amazon; they contain Acidophilus and other needed substance to keep the intestines healthy; especially after a bout of a tummy virus or use of regular antibiotics to clear up an infection. tummy viruses and use of Antibiotics kills the good flora in the intestine as well as the bad. Once you replenish these the intestines calm down and heal while helping the normal flora grow back in the tummy. Any pharmacy will sell Acidophilus in the vitamin section. They come in capsules and tablets. Capsules can be used for children by breaking the capsule open and sprinkling it in their soups or on their food. my son was hospitalized for a week after moving across several states and eating at take out places, due to bacteria in something he ate. The doctor insisted that I get these for my son and put it in his food for a week after being discharged from the hospital. Just look for probiotics wherever you shop and you will find them.