Something Bizarre and Concerning Happened at My Child's Preschool: Advice?

she was very wrong for taking child out of group to to show her that was very poor judgment but I don’t think the older lady realized how bad the situation looked she had very poor judgment on her part she should of just shown your daughter a picture I think a write up is in order or a certain time of leave but I dont think termination is deserved I’m sorry just very poor judgment and should no longer be able to help kid’s out to there cars

1 Like

After reading this my opinion…Termination wouldnt be enough I’d want to press charges for attempted kidnapping. My reasoning…You dont single out a kid to show them a car. Because next it would be her showing up in said car at the park or something and snatching the kid because they walk up to people they know and it wouldnt look suspicious so there would be no witnesses to a crime because all they would see is a “mom picking up her child.” I have a paranoid imagination when it comes to my kids🤷‍♀️

5 Likes

Something fishy about this story need to check it out children don’t keep secrets that’s why it’s good to have supper around the table with the family at night then everybody can say how there day was because children are open to speak don’t send her back if you feel uneasy

Safe adults never ask kids to keep any secrets. I would’ve lost it on every person there, involved or not.

4 Likes

As a preschool teacher, my alarm bells were ringing at the beginning of this post!!

1 Like

That sounds like kidnapping attempt

This definitely seems odd…

Probably was going to be abuse. I’d call the police and take out of facility

Sounds like a creep and grounds for getting her teeth knocked down her throat

1 Like

Omg I’m so nervous for you!! Please update us??

You need to get loud. File a police report. Contact a lawyer. I wouldn’t bring my kid back there, they obviously aren’t properly vetting or training staff. Also call your pediatrician so there is a record. Do not take this lightly.

2 Likes

How is your daughter at
School? Dose she struggle with groups or anything? Are cars an interest of hers? Dose she have any extra time with a teacher assistant? I only ask because. My son has something called brain breaks, when he starts to lose his focus he gets to go for a walk with a teacher assistant, he also gets to go to the hub doe 45 mins to play games with a teacher as well. Although the main teacher should know about this and you should have been told. If not and she’s just took your daughter off with no reason at all then this is very very odd and it’s great the school are doing something about it. She should not be telling your daughter to keep secrets.

Doesn’t really make sense but my ex told my son to “keep a secret” and it didn’t go over well, so for that mere fact, I wouldn’t take her back- secrets for little kids, are RED FLAGS TO ME

As a former preschool teacher I can tell you teachers are mandated reporters- that director needs to be reporting this to the state. I get in your meeting she may not say too much at first other than what actually happened, but that teacher absolutely should be terminated. Like someone else said there are multiple violations here. Think also, if she had left with your daughter, the police would have asked what she was driving, and they would have been looking for the wrong car, or worse, she took her to the parking lot, and someone else was waiting and took her. Asking her to keep a secret? Never. Dry run? Was she really doing something and someone knew they left so they went back? No way to know what happened but file a report and I wouldn’t go back if she’s there and make sure they update security and policies because something definitely went wrong.

3 Likes

Hell no!!! “KEEP A SECRET”!!!..thats just shady shady!

Sounds innocent to me except the lying part. Have you spoken to the lady?? That would be my first move. Older people have a different mind set than the younger generation. She probably thought she was doing something nice and showing the car off. Do you really believe she hurt or had bad intentions with your daughter? If she was in any danger why wouldn’t she be stopped right away by the teacher? She needed to go check with the director?? The older woman and your child went about their business of looking at the car, correct? And then when they came back she was spoken to and your child was questioned. My thought here is it was probably innocent. It sounds like poor judgment call. I’d be more worried about the daycare!!! :balloon::balloon::balloon: that teacher didn’t stop them she went and told someone else. That tells me she didnt believe your child was in danger or she was just really dumb.

Ohhhhh noooo. My mother was a preschool teacher for over 30 years…as has been my sister for over 12 years…this raises MANY questions and is wildly inappropriate. You need to contact whomever is over the school (as high as you can go) and you need to contact your local social services department that handles complaints within child care centers. Keep record of everything. Its inappropriate for any adult overseeing children to ask a child to keep a secret. Huge red flag. And to make a special request for the one child to see something personal of theirs…is also inappropriate. If the class, lets say, was walking through the parkinglot and the teacher said “look at my car im driving today!” Thats one thing…but not in this manner. Perhaps have your child speak with a child counselor separate from the school just to be certain nothing else has happened and to document the event from a 3rd party.

As a mother…I would have FLIPPED THE F OUT on that person. Other parents NEED TO KNOW the situation…because something isnt right about it.

I mean was she trying to show her the car so she would recognize it in case she’s told to get into it at a later date? :scream::flushed:Omfg that’s the only reason that even makes any sense. Crazy ass old lady. Please protect your children

I don’t know about you but that would make me want to punch that assistant in the face.

1 Like

Nope!!! I would have been raising all kind of hell and not going back until it was full investigated and she was gone!

1 Like

That is really bad and not normal behaviour, seems really suspicious behaviour. That is definitely grounds for termination I would not feel safe sending my child there whilst that woman is working there.

1 Like

Yes I would be upset because u can’t trust hardly anyone around your kids these days. Our world is full of scary & crazy ppl. And for her to tell your daughter to say it was a secret is unprofessional & I feel she was definitely up to something

Keep her out of school for the rest of the week. If that lady isnt terminated, I would pull her out of that preschool.

1 Like

Unacceptable for the person to do that should be gone if it was a male teacher he would have been fired already

1 Like

I would NOT be okay with any teacher even the main teacher taking my son out of the school

1 Like

This is a tough one. I can see both sides. Secret so the other children won’t get jealous and just to form a bond with your child. My sons teacher did the same. He is obsessed with cars. I had no issue with it. Got him a car calendar and everything. If it is what was needed to engage him and it’s in a public place, why not? If the teacher meant I’ll intent, could they not have done the same thing privately in a bathroom?

Just reading this makes my hands shaky… pre school kids???

Red flags. Like if they where really just showing the kid the car they would of been 100% upfront about it. My son would wanna see a cool car or truck so like I could understand if the circumstances where different…but this sounds fishy as hell and not okay. Like why lie about seeing a car? Why keep that a secret? Sounds like grooming to me. Glad they caught him

Red flags all over this ! The keep it a secret part makes it even more suspicious !

the first thing… tell the director you are pulling your child until further notice, and that further notice depends on their actions. End of story. That “assistant” needs to be terminated, if not for doing something shady, to be too stupid to KNOW they are acting shady. Poor judgement with a child is not an excuse to keep a job. I’d also contact the police—there may have been prior problems with this person, and there may be problems in the future. Don’t allow for this to be swept under the carpet, ALSO the teacher was negligent for allowing the assistant to separate your child from the group…… she should have stopped that mess right there

2 Likes

Safe adults NEVER tell a child to keep secrets! She was definitely up to something and should be fired! I am so glad it didn’t go unnoticed and that her school is investigating it! So much could’ve happened thank God it didn’t! Bless you mama because I’d be wanting to go on a hunt!

1 Like

Are there any kids that went missing at that school previously? Look it up… call the police whether she’s fired or not. She could be trafficking children. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Absolutely not. My child would not be back in that school until the teacher was fired

1 Like

It could be completely innocent but it sounds like that teaching assistant may not be able to perform the job as intended. Could be as simple as advanced age impairing working ability or lack of proper boundaries. But I’m confused why the teacher allowed her to take your child instead of doing something to prevent it or pursuing them into the parking lot. I’m not sure I would trust them to take care of my child at all after that, but that’s me. Whatever the case, unacceptable and I wouldn’t send her back unless she was fired, at very least.

Grounds for termination. I would also request that the teacher be removed from the school grounds forever and I would report the incident to the education department. I would also let the school know that while that teacher is there that non of my kids will be attending the school. Let the public know as well as it can save other kids and parents know about the incident.

A secret!!! Oh heck no!!! No one should be encouraging any child to keep secrets to a child at around the preschool age!!! No matter what that secret is…it could be something tiny at first and turn into bigger things later.
Not to be scary but this is the first step in many abuse cases. Where it’s physical, sexual or mental. I’d have a major issue and never want this person around my child again.
Sorry but innocent can be lost too early and by people you’d least expect sometimes. Better safe than sorry! Good luck!

1 Like

I hope the school takes care of this. Fast

Nope I would absolutely sue and never take my kid back there obviously its not safe

Nope nope nope. I wouldnt even bring up a car if I were in that situation, and I told my kids that nobody keeps secrets if someone says that I need to know about it. Going to look at a car isn’t a secret type of thing. I don’t like that teacher one bit.

2 Likes

Not ok, not one bit! Working with children is a privilege!

1 Like

That is terrifying😬 My mind goes to the worst things and I think that that lady could have snatched up your child and just driven off

1 Like

Not ok but I do feel like they’re handling the situation correctly. The main teacher told the director something was up and the director immediately spoke to your daughter and is continuing to investigate. I think that goes to show that they’re taking it seriously as well.

Ok the part that is potentially upsetting to me,if I am understanding correctly, is the part where the teacher went and told the director what was going on and then you said “When they got back” your daughter was questioned… Does that mean that when the teacher went and told the director what was go in on that they then did nothing? They WAITED until the teachers aid got done w this “secret activity” in the parking lot w your child… They didn’t rush on out to the parking lot to make sure your child was safe?

1 Like

NOPE! HELL TO THE NO!
If my child told me that id raise hell like they never knew. Thats so terrifying. Id press charges and make sure something was done. My son would kick and scream. It does NOT seem innocent t

1 Like

I would not take my child back and would be making a police report

1 Like

Wtf?! Hell no! If that lady can’t see the potential for danger by doing that than she’s not fit. I would raise hell. And who tells a child to keep a secret? That’s absolutely shady as hell. I would need to do my own investigation.

No Something is NOT RIGHT with this picture. Especially since she could of shown the little girl the car from the window inside school! Something is not being told about the real reason for this episode and it makes my suspicion rise especially in this day and age. Needs total investigation done! Thank God the child was not hurt in anyway. U SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT CHILD’S SAFETY AT SCHOOL

No way! Would never in a million years be okay with that. It was dangerous for her to be walking her out in the parking lot alone nomatter what. I would also be bothered that they didnt fire this person at that very moment. I would pull my child from this school indefinitely.

Hell fuking no!!! Go to the school and confront the “teacher assistant” why is she asking your child to keep secrets!!?!!?That alone would have made me walk into that school to confront her. It’s never a good outcome when an adult asks a child to keep “secrets”. If she won’t talk insist on watching any video footage they may have and do NOT WALK OUT OF THERE without any evidence and/or explanation but also make sure she gets fired!!! If nothing is done lawyer up!!

4 Likes

Nope fire her ass and they need to get some kind of distance order, that’s absolutely unacceptable and very very scary

2 Likes

Id remove my child all together. When have other kids been told its a ‘secret’ absolutely disgusting! There is no way that your child should’ve been able to leave the building with no one knowing! I would be fuming thats for sure… questioning not only the assistant but the teachers and director how such a thing could happen to begin with… not acceptable in any shape for form and I’d be following higher. Hope your child and yourself are okay after this has happened

1 Like

Showing the curious kid the car I guess wasn’t wrong but tell the kid to keep it a secret and lie was definitely wrong. If showing the car was okay why did she need that “keep it a secret “ thing?

1 Like

She should have took the hold group and show off the car, like a little field trip, but definitely not say it’s a secret!:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I worked at a preschool and I can tell you that at our school, that would be immediate termination. That is completely unacceptable!!!
As a teacher, I’m appalled .
As a PARENT, I’m ENRAGED!!

I would not send my child back till she was terminated…I would feel scared and that something fishy was going on…id be scared my child would be kidnapped

The fact that the assistant told the child it should be a secret is unacceptable and sketchy. Any reasonable adult knows better. Termination is needed. This is completely unacceptable .

Safe adults don’t ask children to keep secrets! Simple. Good your gut is telling you to get on this ASAP.

Is the person on leave during this investigation? If yes, I would feel ok sending my child to school. The school is doing the right thing. If the person is not on leave I would find alternative child care until the matter is resolved. Then depending on the outcome of the investigation, that would determine if I would continue to send my child there or not.

Certainly creat doubts as to the women’s intent Would not want my child led away from the group

I would be keeping a close eye on this situation as I feel uneasy just reading about it

Why couldn’t the whole class go into the parking lot to check out the “cool car” then go back to what they were doing…
People are weirdo’s…

Seems like someone was about to have their child tramatized or dead

It’s a little weird for sure, I would look into it

Nahhhhh i cant evennnnnn …dinner time bath time speak to your daughter its always the times me and my kids talk most specialy about things and not pointless things i always say it comes out in the wash i e bath …i wouldnt reckment questioning at bed time because of thoughts and being left with them talk at dinner time then bath time ure get your answers from your child that way god bless you and godd bless your child xxx i would and couldnt help but taken this assistant round the corner for a serious word

Take your child to her pediatrician and sure she is ok.

You can NOT be too careful these days!

I would be raising all ten levels of hell!

I’d also have a discreet conversation about inappropriate touching and ask her if anyone has done that - use correct terminology: Vulva, vagina, penis because if the worst has happened and your child doesn’t know the correct terms, it effects the proceedings.

Ask her to share other secrets, tell her that some secrets are bad and if she tells you, you can tell her what secrets are bad and what secrets are OK

That bitch needs fired and then beat! That is creepy! Wtf?!?! I would be livid

I dont play about mine. I would contact the police and take her out immediately. You get 1 fuck up with me.

Nahhhhh i cant evennnnnn …dinner time bath time speak to your daughter its always the times me and my kids talk most specialy about things and not pointless things i always say it comes out in the wash i e bath …i wouldnt reckment questioning at bed time because of thoughts and being left with them talk at dinner time then bath time ure get your answers from your child that way god bless you and godd bless your child xxx i would and couldnt help but taken this assistant round the corner for a serious word

The teacher needs a mental test!

Oh no, no, no. That is not okay.

First, talk to the teacher yourself.

Personally I’d change schools at together. I wouldn’t risk my child being there anymore

2 Likes

I work in a nursery and this is really unprofessional. We do not work one on one with children unless essential and we certainly do not leave site. If one child does an activity then they should all do it. I ride a motorcycle and the children are fascinated so if we did an activity we would shut the car park while they were in it and they would all participate together. It’s good the nursery are taking it so seriously

I’m so sorry you would ever have to go through this! This is so scary and the worst thought a mom ever has to think! You know what is best for your daughter but I would think about keeping your daughter far away from that day care because the teacher should have been terminated immediately. I worked in several day cares in my life and all of them had a strict policy of keeping the children in the school … even outside was all gated… if anyone ever brought the child in the parkinf lot it was an automatic termination bc the child could run away or get hit god forbid you cannot trust them … there should be always a teacher or director by the front door watching who is going in and out ! Does not sound like a very secure day care ! This lady may have big issues and nothing is worth it to let that lady next to your daughter ever again! Good luck mama I’m praying for you guys !

I echo what everyone else is saying, remove your daughter from the school. Something similar happened with my son when he was in a kindergarten after school program and I basically had to leave work early every day to pick him up for 2 years before we were able to get new jobs and move. But he’s 13 now and still remembers the incident. So whether she can accurately articulate what happened or not, you should treat it as if a incident worthy of investigation has occurred because what if that’s the case?

I’d take my child out… that just sounds to fishy to me. If the teacher wanted to show off the car then why not take the whole class?? Why just this assistant and your child?? I’d definitely be pulling my child out of that daycare and find somewhere else.

1 Like

Maybe the teacher meant to keep the car a secret? You mentioned that your daughter remembered her bringing a diff car… Maybe she just has a thing for cars? Idk but it seems innocent

Is loose it and take my child out of the particular school.

Huh. Surprised they let you get on the internet from jail. I’m assuming that’s where you are, because that’s where I would be.

1 Like

Id be on my way to jail for murdering the vile piece of scum. Someone who is meant to care for your child asking to keep secrets. Noooooo never let your child back near that women

OMG! That is very creepy and wrong!

FIRED!!!..her now.

Sounds like you have a valid cause for a level of concern.

I don’t understand why the “lead” teacher didn’t notice the child being taken away from the rest of the students & stopped it before anything could have possibly happened. In my opinion they are both at fault.

The woman had no right to take her anywhere. She should be fired and somebody should ask the officer you ask to write the report about the incident to background check the son.