Something Bizarre and Concerning Happened at My Child's Preschool: Advice?

No no no. Red flags!

1 Like

Something not right!

I would flip my shit no questions asked

As the parent l would be getting to the bottom of this and not let my child back there and l would be sueing there asses big time no one touches my child bottom line sounds funny to me something happened

If they donā€™t terminate her I would change child care

1 Like

I would 100% have it fully investigated.

Thatā€™s weird and creepy. My kid would not be going back.

4 Likes

Iā€™d be furious. Get your baby examined/checked and reassure her she can tell you what happened, even if that assistant said itā€™s a secret bc you donā€™t keep secrets from mommy.

I know for a fact Iā€™d be going fucking crazy and meeting up with that old hag myself. Sheā€™s be done by time I got to her.

Safe adults donā€™t ask children to keep secrets.

24 Likes

Sounds way to dodgy why wasnā€™t the child taken with the group? For how long was she with this lady?

Chelsea Harper what the fuckkkkk

1 Like

Something doesnā€™t seem right .

1 Like

Iā€™d deffo get her examined and inform the police. dont play around when it comes to children x

3 Likes

As a preschool director, in my center, a child can never leave the building without an authorized person (a parent or other person listed on emergency contact card by the parent.) A teacher cannot take a child out of our building for any reason. Whether she meant harm or not, as a parent, I would report it to dcf.

Iā€™m actually appalled at that happening while the director was present.

45 Likes

Extremely concerning! First of all, why did the conversation of a sports car and when she was driving it come up with a preschooler? Super weird. Even if she was somehow interested, she took a child to do something she knew she wasnā€™t supposed to, and told her to keep it a secret. No, no, no! She needs to be fired asap. Even of she didnā€™t have bad intentions, she clearly cannot be trusted!

25 Likes

Better safe than sorry. As a preschool teacher, I understand how it could have been an innocent moment. If she was trying to share something special with her, but didnā€™t want the other students to feel jyped, she might have requested it remain secret.

However, that isnā€™t something that should ever be done. If you share a special moment with one child, you should do so with every child as well. Sometimes kids need some one on one, and thatā€™s okay.
Itā€™s not okay to take one child to the parking lot or out of eyesight from everyone else. Itā€™s always best to air on the side of caution, and this definitely deserves an investigation.

11 Likes

Seeā€¦i am on the fence with this one. Perhaps i just cannot imagine someone employed by a preschool would not have been screened first to be cleared to work.
Noted the word elderly, i think grandmotherly, which means to me her training is still old school, and as such she would not see or think about the ugly undercurrent that would be perceived from her actions. And most likely would be horrified that it would have appeared that way.
Yes in todays day an age its not just allowedā€¦but i still see the very possible innocence of the situation.

4 Likes

My child would not go back to that school until that person is gone permanently. That is scary and dangerous. Even if it was truly nothing, that adult should know better. Keep your baby safe!

20 Likes

First thing if you havenā€™t already done so TALK to your child EVERYDAY let them know that it is NOT ok for any adult or child to tell you to keep this a secret secondly Go FILE a police report ASAP I donā€™t know ir it is possible for you to remove your child if yes do it.and make sure that the center fires this person this person is a danger it could be child trafficking they take pictures of child to exploit, pedophile good luck

That sounds like grooming. Look at this cool car Iā€™m driving today so that youā€™ll recognize it again when I show up suddenly. I donā€™t like it. If itā€™s harmless, why was she separated and why was it a secret. Also the age. This isnā€™t a high schooler checking out a sports car, itā€™s a toddler (preschool) and sorry but they donā€™t really give a shit about the car? Sounds more pushing from the assistant than anything

14 Likes

Not ok! And I wouldnā€™t leave it up to the school to handle it. I would involve the police. This isnā€™t ok at all! My child also wouldnā€™t return to school until the person was removed from the grounds whether it be temporary while investigating or permanently.

29 Likes

I would involve the police. It is not a normal practice to separate children at pre-k level because it isnā€™t as safe and it becomes harder to track. Telling her its a secret immediately means it was wrong. That means the adult knew it was wrong and likely had ill intentions. Iā€™d involve the police to investigate.

23 Likes

Yea I would be very disturbed she separated her from the other kids and told her it was a secret!! If the car was such a big deal why not park it where all the kids could see from a window, or make it a fun little outside thing where all the appropriate teachers/aids being the kids out to see itā€¦? Iā€™d personally be keeping an extra close eye on your child for awhile just to be extra safe. I hate to sound crazy, but this could have been where she was showing her the car so sheā€™d recognize it later, maybe outside of preschool, and this time say oh hey want to go for a ride in the fun car this time? Idk, itā€™s just seriously worry me that there may be a longer game plan at handā€¦

5 Likes

Sorry this happened. That is so scary. I would not let mine go back to school until that teacher was fired. It doesnā€™t look good. And there is no excuse. Turn her into the school board, district, news anyone that will listen. She doesnā€™t need to be in the schools

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t be my child. Theyā€™d be pulled immediately. Police report filed. Iā€™d make sure the employee got fired. This coming from someone who was sexually abused as a child. I donā€™t play when it comes to my kids

4 Likes

The biggest things we teach our kids as parents is that is if ANYONE asks the child to keep a secret then its an immediate red flag and they need to tell. Safe adults do not ask us to keep secrets. Definitely file a report. Who knows what this womanā€™s intentions were. Human/sex traffickers come of all ages and sizes, they do not discriminate and will even use trafficked victims to target others. Teacher assistance have basically no requirements. Get this fully investigated

19 Likes

Never ask a child to keep secrets. Thatā€™s already suspicious af. File a police report and do not let your child go back until she is gone and banned.

2 Likes

Go to the police, in case the school doesnā€™t. They may not want that kind of publicity, but you owe it to your daughter and to other children to make sure this potential kidnapper gets interrogated and hopefully locked up. And be sure to give special thanks to God that He spared your precious baby.

1 Like

I would be not ok with that. To keep it a secret just to see a car? I donā€™t think so. Sounds suspicious. And in todayā€™s world I would rather be safe than sorry.

That sounds disturbing. I was targeted and groomed as a child, so maybe Iā€™m paranoid. But I would never let my child around her again.

14 Likes

Oh no!!! Get the police involved! That should not have happened for any reason!!! I would not take my child back there!!!

2 Likes

The child should not have been separated and definitely should not have been told to keep secrets from another adult.

1 Like

The fact that she asked her to keep a secret is a HUGE red flag. I would pull my child out of that school so fast.

1 Like

Not normal and super disturbing, especially if she was told it was a secret.

5 Likes

No! Demand that person be fired. This is EXTREMELY disturbing. Just the first sentence alone, she was separated from the other kids. Noooope. Involve the police. That could have easily ended with her kidnapping your kid or handing her off to someone else. :rage::rage::rage: Punishment to the Full extent.

If the main teacher asked where they were going. Why did she not stop her? rather than going to the director or they both go out to look for the child and assistant to bring her back to the buildingā€¦ as a parent My child wouldnā€™t be going back! And to keep secrets.

With the whole sex trafficking thing at an all time high, itā€™s better to be safe than sorry. And nowadays anyone can become a ā€œteachers assistantā€. Keep an eye on your babies always!

10 Likes

Anyone telling a small child something is a secret is an immediate red flag. I agree with others who have mentioned law enforcement. Regardless of the schools actions this should be reported so that it canā€™t happen again. So sorry for your stress and worry mama, that must have been so scary to hear after the fact. Sending all the good vibes your way.

1 Like

That honestly is highly inappropriate it doesnā€™t matter what the reason the child shouldnā€™t had been 1) removed from the building without PROPER supervision.
2)separated from EVERYONE ELSE
Itā€™s really suspicious and weird you donā€™t ask a child to keep secrets like that. Itā€™s weird and not appropriate for another adult to be doing.

Hellll no! As a preschool teacher, this would never ever be appropriate and there is something shady going on. Normally I try to see both sides and defend teacher but I personally would pull my daughter from this school until the TA is terminated.

1 Like

Iā€™m really sorry to be the one to say this but this was how I was groomed. It starts with a small meaningless secret and if you passed the test of keeping it a secret then moves up a little. Once the groomer is confident that you will keep a secret it escalates. I wouldnt be letting my child back until that woman was fired, Iā€™d file a police report aswell. I know it could be nothing but better safe than sorry.

So glad the main teacher and director could intervene. In this sick world we need to be so protective of our babies. No secrets. Just the sound of it makes me uncomfortable. Thank God your daughter is safe.

Absolutely not ok! Report to DCFS and police. Change daycares as well.

1 Like

The fact that youā€™re asking means your instinct is telling you that something is wrong. Bless that teacher for intervening, she probably saved your daughterā€™s life :purple_heart:

1 Like

Nope. Nope. Nope. Totally inappropriate. If an adult asked a child to keep
Something a secret, they have malicious intentions. I would be livid if this was my child.

Personally I would involve authorities, she was in the wrong! I wouldnā€™t send my child back until it was investigated and that teacher was no longer there. Sorry you had to deal with something so shady.

Hell No! How long was she gone to the car? Did they ask your daughter details about conversations or if anything happened at the car? When kids are told to keep a secret like that it cant be good. So scary it is for our kids anymoreā€¦ I would pull her out of that school and look for another or at least until there is investigation. Has this happened before and how long has this TA been employed there?

Anyone whoā€™d ask my children to keep secrets from me is automatically out. I donā€™t allow anyone in their lives that does this. No! No! No!

Nopeā€¦nopeā€¦nope. so much nope. Fire her but id still take my child out that school to be even safer. Ko telling how far it goes past old lady teacher.:flushed:

2 Likes

Not okā€¦ maybe she favors your daughter and wanted to show her the car but didnt want to get in trouble buttttt in todayā€™s world id freak out

4 Likes

Lawsuit! Teachers assistant loses the job! Possibly jail time! Child endangerment and attempted kidnapping? I would her taken to the cleaners for trying that with my kid.

This is absolutely not appropriate. A police report needs filed and I would maybe possibly involve social services. Action needs taken and i would not allow my child to return until an investigation was complete.

Nope. If itā€™s a secret, itā€™s suspect.
Iā€™m glad your child is okay- I hope immediate termination is on the table. No leeway or severance, whatever kind of deal. Straight up, fired with a message to every school board or day care within a 100 mile radius.

Donā€™t :clap: mess :clap: with :clap: children :clap:

Not okay . My daughters preschool actually released her to complete strangers last year . Police were called , and Dcfs opened a investigation into the school.

Iā€™m more worried that the child is being taken to a car! Sounds like a good plan for child sex trafficking! My God! I would remove my child from that school.

Definitely report it to the police, if she does get terminated your child could still be a target hopefully they donā€™t have access to students personal information

Whats gets me why the hell did the school not ring police as child protection has been broken there a teacher of any kind is not aloud to take a child out of class with out school permission nd why the hell is s teacher only showing 1 child a sports car alarm bells rings here

If that happend to my daughter id be demanding answears nd id be reporten that teacher.

I think the staff was worried that the car was trying to persuade the child to get inā€¦ Maybeā€¦

I would IMMEDIATELY remove the child from that preschool. Flat out.

1 Like

So they are going to punish your daughter, but not the teacher that took her to her car and asked her to keep it a secret??

Oh my God keep your child at home ca! Police have her arrested would not be my child the teacher would not know what hit her this is a nightmare

This sounds hasty but Iā€™d blow the school. Iā€™m glad the school is doing something about it but termination shouldnā€™t even be a question honestly.

Holy hell I would have an attorney before end of day! I canā€™t imagine how you are feeling!

She was definitely trying to lure her to her car it sounds likeā€¦I would be pissed

Thatā€™s not right at all. Like leading a child to a car full of candy, who knew what her intentions really were. Thatā€™s too too creepy and weird.

Praying that the police investigate this incident and hopefully the police do a bit of digging into the background of the owner of the sports car aswell, my instinct tells me that there is some sort of evil actions happening :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Iā€™d demand answers and the assistant should be fired all other daycares should be called and warned

Anything that is asked to be a secret is not right!!!

Preschools should be teaching NOT to keep secrets. Not telling them too.

Absolutely report.

I would be very worried this has to be investigated something is not right x

NO NO NO NO NO!!! Nothing about this was alright! She should be gone from the school ASAP and investigated!

Child trafficking is a bad problem in America. I would notify the police in this matter.

RED FLAG! It isnā€™t okay. Period! Donā€™t leave it all up to the school. Report to your local authorities A.S.A.P.!

Very concerning and not appropriate. She needs to be fired period

4 Likes

Id be in jail a someone would be dead no lie that man had ill intentions and I would try to question more without scaring her if possible

You should be concerned. This is not rational behavior for adults.

Iā€™d beat her fucking ass donā€™t need no investigation any sane adult knows that that is wrong on any and all levels. You donā€™t tell small children to keep secrets like that

Why didnt the main teacher tel the assistant teacher no? That facility needs to do a child abuse prevention training program.

Report with your local child protective services. Completely unacceptable.

The ā€œkeep it secretā€ part is terrifying.

With bad intentions or not, thatā€™s absolutely inappropriate.

And if it was just to see a car why is it a secret? Sounds like grooming

Remove your child from that pre school.

and where was her ā€œsonā€?

I would have that assistant arrested for an attempted abduction.

sounds fishy to me ! donā€™t think i would trust her!!

2 Likes

Oh hell no. Super suspicious and never ok!

2 Likes

Oh hell no!!! As a child who was told ā€˜itā€™s our little secretā€™ I would be flipping my s#$t!!!

Doesnā€™t sound right. File a report.

2 Likes

Not okay at all. I would have lost it omg

2 Likes

Thatā€™s scary and not ok to tell her to keep it a secret.

Hell no not okay I would be angry. Wanna show a child a car then doing from behind the fence

Sheā€™s fired for starters! Then yes investigation my police

1 Like

Nope. Sheā€™s got to go. Sooooo inappropriate!!!

Iā€™d be removing my child. Wow. Terrifying.

No way. No. Especially the secretā€¦ not right.

Child trafficking is very real.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but oh hell no. Make it make sense.

No. File a police report. Have your kid checked by a doctor down there. Just to be safe than sorry

No no no this has just give me goosebumps Iā€™d be kicking off hope she gets sacked

No annhis person needs to be reprimanded an let go. Mistakes are only taking fir kindness