Should I say anything about someone not telling me Happy Mother's Day?

Wondering how I should respond and react, or not even bother. I work super part time for someone. We have a group chat. My bosses wife tagged two employees wishing them a happy Mother’s Day. I was not tagged or mentioned. Should I even say anything? It honestly made me feel like quitting. It’s not my full time job but I feel left out like all ways.

14 Likes

My almost 15 yr old bonus son didn’t say happy Mother’s Day to me and I’m the only mom in his life and I didn’t say say anything about it. If anything I’d just say something funny about it so she realizes next time that you’re a mom too.

2 Likes

i find it weird when others wish people happy mothers day when you arent their mother so it wouldnt worry me at all Now if my children didnt say happy mothers day then i would probably feel miffed about it

17 Likes

My daughter didn’t even tell me Happy mother’s day

3 Likes

Are you their mother?
You barely even work there…

7 Likes

I don’t get it from my own kids or there dad not even a happy birthday when it’s my birthday in December and if and when say it’s like midnight or next day I give up but my coworkers who know I’m a mom said happy :blush: mothers day.

3 Likes

Don’t feel to bad about it, I mean it happens… atleast it wasn’t your husband…or your children! My children all told me, but my husband of nearly 13 years did not!! He spent the day as any other… so it could be way worse… brush it off and just ask her (of she’s a momma) if she had a good mother’s day… maybe she’ll remember she didn’t tell you then… but I’d not worry to much about it

No. She’s not your child, nor your husband. No one else owes it to you to tell you Happy Mother’s Day

5 Likes

I absolutely would be happy to be excluded from any and all that extra. I would feel like I’m dodging bullets.

5 Likes

That’s extreme to me. They’re not your family!

5 Likes

I mean is it taking a toll on your day to day life. It’s just a text of words from someone you didn’t give birth to?

2 Likes

Get past it! Unfortunately many people in this world have no manners. You can’t change what didn’t happen. For whatever reason you did not get acknowledged.
Mothers Day is over. Now don’t let this bother you. Hold your head up move on.

2 Likes

Girl STAP :raised_hand:this shouldn’t even be in thought in your brain. If your people told you happy Mother’s Day then you’re ahead of the game.

1 Like

It’s very possible she thought she tagged you also, mistakes happen, stop letting it eat away at you, collect you’re check and move on

You should’ve soundly replied and said Happy Mother’s Day to you too lol

1 Like

Sorry but you need to grow up.

Feel lucky. This way you don’t have to reciprocate

This is pretty petty of you to feel like quiting because they didn’t wish a happy mother’s day. You aren’t even their mom, grandma or SO. WTH?

You said you work super part time. Do you even share your personal life with your co-workers? Maybe they didn’t even know you were a mother or forgot about it because you’re rarely there.

Well it sounds like she may be close to the other women. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Unless you’re her mom, she don’t owe you a happy mothers day wish

Another reason why everyone don’t deserve a trophy.

2 Likes

just make sure their day is like yours

Is this what we’re coming to now? Your boss’s wife is not your child. It was nice that she wished others a happy Mother’s Day and I can understand feeling something for a minute that you were missed but it could have been an accident or maybe she didn’t know you are a mother (I am assuming that you are a mother).
I used to wish EVERYONE a happy Mother’s Day and a happy Father’s Day because I didn’t want to leave anyone out so I didn’t discriminate based on gender, age, relationship, etc. and took the position that it was just a nice greeting. However in today’s culture, I don’t wish ANYONE a happy Mother’s Day except my mother (or very close friends or family) because the last thing I want to do is upset someone with what is meant to be a nice greeting. This post really validates my concern.
I can’t understand being upset to the point of considering quitting a job because the boss’s wife didn’t wish me a Happy Mother’s Day in a group text (unless I gave birth to the boss’s wife- in which case, I would be seriously pissed!) Honestly I can’t understand being upset about that at all because (again) you are not her mother!
If this is even real, if you are THAT hurt over it, do everyone a favor and quit. But if you are expecting the world to treat you like you are special, you will find yourself quitting a lot. Stop looking to others for validation and happiness because you’re going to be let down a lot!

1 Like