Should I not buy my daughter so many Christmas gifts due to COVID?

Don’t let anyone make you question weather you are parenting your child right or not. Just because of the hard year we have had doesn’t mean it has to effect our children more than it already has they need normality and if that is what your daughter normally gets off you then do that. You work and you don’t have to justify yourself to no one. One present or 1000 I’m sure your daughter loves you more than anything anyway :slightly_smiling_face: I always go ott and I love to see my girls faces when I do. Xx

1 Like

You do you girl! So many are quick to point fingers lately :frowning: if you are financially able to give your daughter a special Christmas because you plan ahead and budget I say go for it no one should fault you for that!

Just do what you feel is right and pay no mind to those other people. Only you know your health and your daughters, You can always clean it before you give them to her

2 Likes

It’s nobody else’s business how many presents you buy your daughter. Your bills are paid, you have enough food, all the rest of the necessities taken care of…you buy her as many presents as you want!:heart::heart::heart::heart: You do you and let them worry about them.:heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Do what you want and don’t let other people judge you if you have the ability to give her the normal Christmas you usually do then go ahead

1 Like

If all your bills are paid and your child has food, then the rest of the money is for you to do as you wish with. This is the 1st year in a long time that I’m working so I’m going all out on presents for my kids

1 Like

Don’t listen to them. You do what you need to do to give you little one a great Christmas. Virus or no virus!
And if no one likes it,well. that’s their problem!

Lets keep Covid out of Christmas as much as possible. Your money, your child, your decision. I don’t understand what Covid has to do with anything.

6 Likes

You do you momma. Everyone is going to have something to say either way. I love my son having a lot to open on Christmas. It can be small presents. Just the wow factor Christmas morning is my present. Buy your baby everything you want and don’t worry about the others.

1 Like

Do you! I’m planning for Xmas myself for my two kids. I’m always trying to give them the best I can provide for them.

I’ve already started buying for my son and all my nieces and nephew. I always start early cause I dont wanna be broke all at once at least I have time to get stuff here and there and this year I have 2 extra babies to buy for. So do you and dont let anyone get you down or stop you.

1 Like

Dont listen to anyone. Honestly around Christmas time there will be the same debate where parents who cant afford alot complain that ppl who can got there kids more stuff. Nd it’s not about who got what or didn’t get what.

You buy your child whatever you want !!! That is your business & your child ! Anyone who has anything to say about it is jealous & mean & hateful !!!

I christmas shop through the year, and I’m happy to already be about 80% done. Live for you, you don’t have to please anyone that didn’t pick up the tab

It’s absolutely nobody’s business but yours. Spoil your baby all you want/can. It’s been a hard year for sure them babies need something special this year

1 Like

It is no ones business what you buy your child. Unless someone else is footing the bill, tell them to MYOB and let you do what you want. She is only young once. You do you

You baby deserves a Christmas like all of this craziness isn’t here. If you have the money do it. :blush:

1 Like

I have 4 kids. And a closet full of christmas already. Don’t let anyone steal your Christmas shine honey!! :heart:

2 Likes

Go ahead and buy that girl presents. They just mad cuz thet ain’t got $$ to buy nothing.

You do what you want for your child and tell everybody else to go pound sand.

You do whatever you want . What I do is “santas gifts “and “Mom and dad gifts “

That is up to you if you got necessities covered and you want to splurge on Christmas then do it

Buy that baby all you want girl. nobody should tell you how much you should buy. They can mind their buisness that’s YOUR baby :purple_heart:

Its nobodys damn business how many gifts you buy for your child! Buy as many as you want!

Tell people to mind theirs ! Even if your bills aren’t paid, unless you’re asking them for hand outs, what is it their business what you do!!!??

It’s none of Anyones business… You do what you want for your little one…

Who cares what people say maybe it’s hard for others but if it’s not hard for you then you do your thing for your child… whoever says anything is just jealous because they won’t be able to go crazy on shopping

Don’t let someone tell you what to do with your money for your family. It is your choice not theirs.

She’s YOUR child, not society’s child. You do with your child as you wish, so long as it is not abuse of any kind. Don’t worry about what other people say. Some people are not as financially stable or responsible as you and probably never will be.

That is 100% your choice. If you have it budgeted and you are fine, then go for it!

You should do as you damn well please,that’s your child,your money,your life.Anybody tells you any different,tell them to f–k off!

Your child your choice like you say your Bill’s are covered

I have one child and IDC what anyone says if I want to spoil her I will. Do what u want n not what ppl say

1 Like

That’s up to you, it’s good that you can because alot of people can’t.

You do you!! So sock of the mindset of the world. You work your butt off to provide for her, so you do as you wish:)

You do you Honey. Don’t let others decide how you should live your life :wink::rose:

2 Likes

That’s what I’d tell them!! WTH its ur child and your money

No one knows your financial business but you. If you want to get your kids 10 or 20 presents, go for it!

2 Likes

What you get your child is noone else’s business. Some kids may only get one gift, which may be sad for them, but that doesn’t mean your child should only get one. Also, christmas isn’t just for gifts so spending a ton of money isn’t necessary. What you do for your child is your decision

50 Likes

Do what you feel is best. And everyone saying to only do the 4 presents so they dont feel entitled later on is insane. My mother and father bought me many gifts but I never expected them. As long as you and your family is happy then do what you feel is best.

21 Likes

My daughter tells her kids they get 4 gifts - something to read, something they want, something to wear, something to share (a treat, a game). Then they pick a gift from the store to give to a charity. They get gifts from family too. Christmas can be overwhelming

33 Likes

IMO, if you are financially capable of providing a “normal” Christmas, than absolutely do so! 2020 has had do many surprises that this one thing of normalcy could make the year seem less crummy

I say you live your life the way you feel is right. No one has a right to tell you how many gifts to give your child. And your child is pretty young and might not get it, but you COULD purchase some gifts for angel trees for those less fortunate and let her be involved in helping choose some. BUT like I said, it YOUR LIFE and YOUR KID!!! You do whatever makes you happy!!!

23 Likes

Do what YOU want for YOUR child! Buying helps the economy which in turn helps others buy Christmas for their children. If you can also help to a charity or angel tree or animal shelter then that’s even better. I say tell others to mind their own business!

9 Likes

You do what make you and your daughter happy, when my kiss were little I always got them everything they wanted on their list,no one else’s business and today my31 year old is a l&d nurse my 25 year old a trenton firefighter.put a smile on that babies face ,many blessings

Of course she is your child and you make that decision . I would suggest you help the needy by teaching your little girl to pick an Angel from an angel tree she will have fun and you will be helping others less fortunate

8 Likes

Until they start paying your bills and raising your child. They have absolutely no say in how you spend your money, that you earned yourself. So what about covid, that has nothing to do with how you go about celebrating Christmas. Sounds like they are extremely jealous that they cant do the same?

15 Likes

Set a budget, stick to it, and maybe give a few gifts of time. Things don’t mean as much in the long term. Baking cookies, back yard or living room camping creates memories to last a lifetime. Teaching morals and values are much more important than store bought “stuff”.

2 Likes

I think maybe give her a little less and help a family who can’t afford it out. Have her help. Don’t feel bad. Turn it into something fun she will want to do every year. It’ll make you feel good too.

3 Likes

As long as you can afford it and your not taking assistance payments why would anyone care? You might donate a gift to someone less fortunate if you can. But you shouldn’t feel bad for giving you child what you want.

6 Likes

Do what you want. The one thing I would say is to not have a huge number of “From Santa” presents if your little is in preschool or kindergarten only because, this year especially, it might be hard for parents to explain why somebody in their class got 10 things from Santa and they got one. So, for the sake of the group, take credit for your gifting.

5 Likes

Don’t let anyone make you feel bad for creating special memories with your daughter. I’m doing the normal amount of gifts for my kids but also trying to make this holiday extra special. So much has been out of our control but this is one thing I can control and I’m going to do all I can to make this holiday extra special!

They should mind their own business and stop the virtue signals…Buy what you feel like. I wouldn’t even answer or explain. I always involved my kids, and now grandkids in choosing a child each from our church tree and take them shopping for the donated gift…I also take them shopping to help the food pantry. Teach your child generosity and don’t feel guilty for being generous.

Its none of their damn business what you get for your child. I have one 10 yr old daughter and my husband and I spoil her at Christmas. And not junk. New electronics, books, science kits, art kits, clothes needed etc. We plan ahead and have the money to do this with no added financial burden. So why not? Enjoy every minute of those littles. If you work hard and can afford it then why not use it to improve their childhood? I say go be you momma! And tell the haters to move on.

1 Like

Wait… is it a bad year for them or for you? If YOU are ok, you can do whatever you want. I’ve went on 2 vacations this year cuz financially I can. People need to mind their business

35 Likes

You do what you think is best! Its not anyone’s place to tell you not to buy presents for your baby. If your bills are paid and you have food in your house… then buy as much as you think she needs.

15 Likes

Its literally no one’s business what you spend your money on and I would be telling them that next time they tell you you shouldn’t be giving your child a Christmas. I can’t stand some people, I swear.

7 Likes

What in the world. It’s your money,your child. Don’t let others rule how you do Christmas for your child. I have 1 grandchild and intend on spending the same way I always do. I too shop from July to Dec. for better prices and not a huge amount coming out at one time . Enjoy the excitement now. Their only little once .

2 Likes

I started Christmas shopping for the following year the day after Christmas when my kids were young . Their wants changed drastically from month to month , day to day when they got older .I saved money and made them make a wish list .

Why would people tell you ,not to buy because of COVID??Crazy if you can afford it and you are starting early (I do too) 1 adult 23 and a 19 both soon to be, I could not care less what others think, it is your money,go ahead enjoy spoiling her .

3 Likes

first dont let anyone tell you what to do when it comes to this. Second retail has taken a hard hit because of this virus so why not go the extra mile for them and maybe a little extra for your daughter this year.

8 Likes

You do what you want to do. No one else had the right to decide that for you. It’s your life, and your kid. P.S. I’ve already done alot of Christmas shopping for my kids and grandkids for the same reason😄

1 Like

Personally I think this is a prime teaching opportunity for your daughter. If you are okay financially then what you do with your money is nobody’s business. However, kids compare presents, and other kids may not understand why they only got one gift but your daughter got a bunch. It could be a great opportunity to explain to your daughter how fortunate your family is to be in a good situation and how other families might struggle and not be able to have a normal christmas this year. Help her count her blessings, maybe even find a way to give back to your community together by volunteering somewhere. But I wouldn’t alter christmas if you dont need to.

2 Likes

You do what you want…maybe most gifts are from you and only a few from Santa…in case others only got one gift. But you make the decisions no one else.

3 Likes

You should do what you want for your daughter. It’s no one else’s business what you do. Unless they are supporting you and helping you pay your bill’s they get no say.

4 Likes

Get her however many you want! Life is not fair people get things and some people don’t. 2 of my 4 kids have another family and get double birthdays and double Christmas… people need to worry about their own households!

2 Likes

You do whatever you want for that baby girl! Tell everyone that wants to dictate what you do to pick a bill to pay. If they aren’t paying your bills or sleeping in your bed, its none of their damn business!

2 Likes

Do what you feel is the right amount of presents.Pick a child off the Angel tree and you and your daughter buy them a couple of gifts

2 Likes

If your child is only 4, I’m sure she’s not going to be comparing last Christmas to this Christmas.

2 Likes

Who is, “people,” and why do they know what your daughter is getting for Christmas? If we’re talking salty family members then it might be worth changing the timing for the sake of other children in the family (i.e. if big family gift exchanges are a thing for you then give her a couple things then and the rest in private). If it’s anyone else, disregard. My son will also be getting his regular number of gifts - possibly more since COVID has resulted in some smokin’ sales this summer. This is a great year to start a tradition of choosing gifts for toys for tots or a giving tree with your kid, but other than that there’s no reason to deprive your child on behalf of someone else’s. There are also lots of kids going hungry. That’s a reason for me to donate to the food bank or to charity, not a reason for me to starve my son. Same logic applies to Christmas IMO.

2 Likes

You do you. If your necessities are taken care of screw what everyone else thinks. They might be struggling but does mean you have to pretend you are too.

2 Likes

We went with 3 gifts to represent the 3 wise men. One gift to read, one to wear, & one toy. We also clean out their toy box & give to less fortunate kids. Each child also picks out one gift for a child needing a little help from Santa.

1 Like

I really think that is a decision for you. Maybe you could take one of the presents and donate to Toys for Tots or any other charity that gives to underprivileged children that might not be receiving anything.

1 Like

People need to mind their own damn business! If you want to buy tons of toys then buy buy buy! You know your finances. And to those mamas who cant afford to buy a lot for your little ones or simply choose not to because you believe its not necessary, that is perfectly ok too!

1 Like

You do what you feel is right for your child. Instead of a ton of presents take what you were thinking of spending and put in a account for a big vacation or college. I know you love to watch the joy on her face but teaching her about setting money aside for a rainy day or something big is also cool as well. My oldest was the only grandchild and great grandchild for the few years of her life . One Xmas she asked her Dad n I if she had to open more presents she was sick of it.

1 Like

Why does it matter to someone else?! If you’re able to financially do this, which it sounds like you can with no problems, then do it! Honestly, I think this Christmas should be extra cared for for our kids so they have some sense of normalcy in this crazy new world we are living in!

Do what you can and what you want to do. My children were young I always shopped early.

1 Like

We only get our kids a few gifts each but that’s only because we have such a big family they get gifts from everyone but that’s my decision we also let them pick three gifts each to donate to needy kids but everyone is different it doesn’t matter what other people think only what works for you and your family!

1 Like

Help your daughter to pick a couple of gifts to give to charity, and then buy her what you want, next Xmas., is not promised to any of us. God Bless

When I was growing up we were one of the poorest families in town. I always got less than my friends. I appreciated everything I got and worked hard to better myself and give my kids “ at least” as much as their friends had. You have to follow your heart and do what is best for your family. You can’t worry about what other families can or cannot do. I got a lot of joy giving my children what I never had.

People need to mind their own business. I bought a lot of Christmas gifts in January so I have already gotten almost all of my Christmas shopping done. I’m buying my kids the same amount of gifts I always do. I don’t think you should feel bad for buying for your child. As long as necessities are taken care of I think you should spend money any way you see fit :blush:

1 Like

Girl…first of all…who gives a crap what someone else thinks bc it really does not matter. If YOU decide to get YOUR child more than one gift, then that’s great! Anyone who does not like it needs to mind their business. I say great job mama. Take care of you and yours…

Everyone has there own beliefs on how they celebrate and do gift giving. I also do the same as you shop throughout the year. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I say do what makes you happy. Dont let others bring you down cause you plan ahead. That is what is wrong with everything going in the world right now. Everybody worries about what everyone else is doing and shaming them cause they dont believe in doing that. Dont worry about what everyone else thinks. Do what makes you happy.

1 Like

Get her whatever you want however you celebrate your holidays you don’t have to change for anyone… just don’t go overboard. I get my kiddo minimal gifts cuz her family spoils her

She is your daughter and no one has the right to tell you how to raise her. I do the same thing with my four year old. These are memories that you will never get back. You do whatever you feel like about Christmas. It sounds like you are an awesome mom!

Wow, I bought my kid what he wanted and if you can afford it, run with it. I always donate, but it’s your kid and do what you feel is best

I remember when mine was four. I used to spend so much money and buy so many gift and the day after Christmas, he didn’t even care. He actually got bored while opening his gifts. Just buy her 3 or 4 gifts. She will love it, you will save money, win-win situation.

I have 18 presents each for my 2 kids for Christmas and I don’t give a single care what anyone has to say about it. I work for that money and will spend it how I see fit. Christmas is the one day of the year that is full of magic for everyone.
Ps. Each year we go through their old toys and donate a whole big bin of them before Christmas because my kids know if we don’t help families less fortunate then Santa will not come.

Wait what’s covid have to do with your child’s Christmas gifts? I’m confused. It isn’t any different than all the other years, some kids don’t get as much as others. And I know this because last few years I haven’t been able to get my kids much or as cool as what their friends or family get. But I would never tell someone they can’t get their child something because I can’t do that for mine. That’s silly. And it’s no ones business what you get your kid(s).

I say do want you want to do for your child. She is your child it is your choice as long as you have all your necessities and bills paid then buy as many gifts as you want. I personally save all year long for Christmas and will buy gifts throughout the year. My kids end up with a good bit of gifts.

This is YOUR kid,you shop well sales etc. Tell everyone else to mind their own business,as long as the kid isn’t a spoiled brat and knows she/he can’t always have what they want and isn’t snotty or braggy about it to other kids.

If covid hasn’t hurt your household financial, like it hasn’t mine buy her the regular stuff. It’s not hurting anyone and even if it had hurt my household I woild still provide the same Christmas as I have their whole lives and they are both grown

I think at this time it would be nice to have your daughter help you make someone else xmas special .do as you please ,but teach our young ones to be kind and generous at this time! You’re one of the lucky ones,not everyone is this year.

Ummm I’ve started Christmas shopping for my siblings (all grown and older than I am), as well as my parents, my own 2 kids, and my nieces and nephews from my siblings. Some people may be struggling true, but you do what you can in any way for others when you can and you do what you can for your family. It is nobody’s business what you do with your earned income. You should never feel bad about what you do for your kids especially.

Do as you do as a mother! Your the one who is buying these gifts for her so no one else has a say so in it!! Now I would see if these gifts are being opened in front of a whole family if that’s the case still buy what you want but have a separate gift opening after family and friends leave.

1 Like

Give your daughter however much you like. No one else’s business. Now if you are opening at gifts at a families house… maybe open all but one at home. That way cousins get the same amount.

This is ridiculous. Just from what you wrote, single mom who works, and plans ahead, you are doing everything RIGHT! I understand that it has been a rough year for a lot of people, but it is not your or anyone else’s fault nor responsibility to fix other people’s situations. If you WANT TO, if you CHOOSE to adopt a family or help others, that is WONDERFUL, but it’s freaking unbelievable that anyone would make you feel bad.

Some people used to have a fit when I said my kids got 12 presents under the. tree!let me tell you about and sewed myselfthose! Bathrobe, pjs I made, slippers bought, cheap because their feet grew fast, a stuffed pillow that I got for 1.00 and sew myself a color book and medium size box of colors. There stocking was considered 1 because there was a dollar store gift in it along with orange candy and nuts! The rest were between 5 and 10-15 dollars. They got one big present that I might have spent 30 on!! Buy your kids what you want, give something to charity explain Santa. Depending on age and tell the rest to get a life! I know someone whose kids got over 40 gifts all. Charity! That’s 40 each!! Unbelievable!! You earn it, you spend it!! My kids have grown up to be kind considerate hard working good people!!!

Your kid and if you can afford it do it. Just teach her to be humble and not brag about it to other children whose parents may not be quite as fortunate.

Shes your child do as you please dont listen to what other people think. Its not their business what you spend your money on.

1 Like