My sons grandma gave him soda against my wishes...advice?

Get over it , more important things to worry about

1 Like

If she’s not listening, then just put him in daycare. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Too much acid for his gut!

If you want someone to follow orders then you have to find someone else.

I lost my mama a week ago. My children were best cared for in her hands. Sure she might have given them something I wouldn’t, like sugar and sweets but boy do I want her back and do it all over again. I never asked her what not to do, as she knew herself what not to do but from time to time they’d just enjoy themselves. My children have a million+ memories they’ll carry and the stories popped up as soon as she passed. It’s only been a week but boy does it feel longer.

If your kid was diabetic you know she wouldn’t. That soda that one time will not kill your kid.

But if you’re really bothered, then you have to and pay someone else because these are the memories your kid will carry. And a sweet bond is being made. If you knew your mama was going to hurt your kid you wouldn’t have let her watch over your kids. You trust your mama.

She stops being childcare. Anytime the person caring for your child disrespects normal parenting boundaries is a red flag.

Pick your battles. Or get a PAID babysitter. Your choice.

I’m sorry, but I don’t want my two year old drinking soda either! She was wrong for not respecting you, and the fact she posted it on Facebook seems deliberate (rubbing it in your face). Soda is extremely unhealthy. Would still be wrong to do it behind your back, but the fact that she posted it on Facebook REALLY rubs me the wrong way

Find another babysitter if you hate it so much, otherwise, deal with it. Pick your battles

5 Likes

She’s a grandma, I understand what you’re saying so maybe speak kindly and explain your reason, but also remember she has a smaller amount of time left on this earth to enjoy with her family. Don’t take away her joy, let her know your reasons, but be kind about it.

1 Like

Don’t let her watch your children. It’s the only way you can control her actions

It sucks when you can’t rely on family members to respect something so simple

1 Like

This is stupid its just a soda and is it really worth breaking your child away from their grandparent and paying for other daycare?

When I had my first child
Age 10 days old. Just out of hospital that day. My husband and I took him to see his Great Grand mother. She mashed up black eye peas . I said he was to young. She smiled and said child I had 10 haven’t lost one yet. I miss my husband’s granny

Breath…… now vent on us becaise we’ve all been there. And let it go. If you brought it up leave it there. Your sons Grama is from a different time. If she had him everyday then I could see you being concerned totally.
Truth their time together is short.
He spilt more than half of it before she took it away
The memory will maybe be important later
and if you push anyone might do it out of spite not just being Grama as anyone insulted would be of older generations. (I know no excuse still )

Hugs not ok but like with your kids you have to pick your battles. Life isn’t black and white as much as I would like it to be. Hugs

Yes she should respect your wishes but she is also grandma. Talk to her be honest but polite about it. U never know how much time anyone has left coming from someone who watch my husband lose his mom in less than an hour from us seeing her. I wouldn’t keep the kid away from her. That’s was one of my biggest regret that my kids missed a lot of time with her over stupid bullshit. It’s doesn’t do anything but hurt everyone involved. I promise grandma loves the kid just really have a heart to heart talk with her

Say the child has never been given sugary foods. Then every time the child is given sugary treats from the same person a few things may happen. 1. Child spends the rest of the day feeling unwell. 2. Child understands they are not allowed, then feels guilt for disobeying parents. 3. Child develops an association to feeling unwell with that person(this is the worst when you have someone that loves your child so much but end up being their own worst enemy) . May or may not happen everyone’s different. If the kid has good parents follow their lead.

Don’t take him over there until she can learn to respect your parenting boundaries :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Find another sitter. When she asks why, tell her that she crossed a boundary and you’re making sure it won’t happen again.
Also, it’s very important to have your spouse on your side and work as the team you’re supposed to be to communicate these things together and stand united.

Honestly, it’s a grandparents job to spoil their grand-babies. So he had a bit of pop. It is what it is - let them have that fun bond and let her have the right of being a grandparent!

Find another sitter, if she can’t respect this rule you have, then she will break others.
Some will tell it it’s small thing to have one of your rules broke. But she disrespected your parenting that is big.

You don’t send your kid there ever again. She is not permitted to ever see your child going forward unless she stops the shit and starts respecting you. Y’all really be afraid to cut people off that disrespect you and your boundaries :joy:

I mean if it’s just a one time thing cause all grandmas like to spoil but if she continues to do it like all the time I would say something :woozy_face::rofl:

It’s soda, pick your battles wisely. There will come a time you will regret picking such a small battles

I’d say pick your battles

Stop sending him to her and make sure she knows why.

Pay someone else to babysit

Lol my husband’s mother gave my 3 month old coffee before cause she thought it was cute…. My baby haven’t seen her in 2 yrs and counting :joy: these grandparents better respect the parents or no grandkids for u​:100:

1 Like

I am a new, first time grandmother and my daughter in law let us do the first overnight because we respect her wishes! It’s my son and her mama calling the shots, grandma and grandpa are just to support and love!!