My sisters boyfriend flushed her meds, what can I do?

Those children need protection
Get them out of there.
Then report his sorry ass to the cops. The abuse is bad enough. Stealing her meds is a felony ! He could be charged and thrown in prison! Don’t wait!! They’re lives are in danger.
I know someone who suffered from birth to 12 because no one helped. Don’t do that to those babies! Please!!!
:pray::pray::pray:
Good luck!

If she’s not willing to leave there’s nothing you can do. She has to be the one to stand up and get out and not taking him back when he comes home. You can move her out and exhausted yourself helping and she can change her mind in a day and tell him where she is and take him back. As far as the meds she should be able to refill them and ween back on them. She should definitely contact her Dr.

What’s his unit I just wanna talk. But no joke they need to be notified of his behavior. I’ve seen something similar being in the military myself and the only way to help is contact his chain of command. They will refer him to counseling since he needs it and there’s resources they can navigate your sister to.

i’m going threw a similar situation i have three children a 10 year old then a one year and a two month old the babies are his not the older one and i’m so broken and it’s hard to fix anything unless you want to fix it and it’s the hardest thing to let go just be there for her and love her is all you can do right now

Flush the whole man!!! This is so dangerous and not okay!!!
I think the best course of action would be for her to go talk to her doctor, and have a safe place lined up for her to go. The doctors office should have a case worker that can provide resources if she is ready to get out of this situation.

Mean while he she was probably a mess because of being off her meds like that and he was using that as a way to manipulate her. like him being a jerk and then putting it off on her being emotional when he made her emotional by flushing her meds.

Abuse comes in many forms. Most abuse causes and leaves scars that can’t be seen. Normally I would say get them into counseling but flushing the meds is dangerous. If I were her I’d leave.

1 Like

If you know her doctor reach out to them and explain what has happened, maybe they can get her more medication. I went through a very scary situation with my mother and thankfully she is on medication now.

Honestly unless she wants to leave him then there isn’t any thing you can do besides be there for her. But if I were in your shoes I’d have a serious talk with her about reporting him to his command and leaving.

Charges can absolutely be pressed, and abruptly stopping taking drugs like anti-depressants is very dangerous. If you can’t convince her to, you need to call the cops and a med line asap.

she needs to leave his sorry ass…go to the doctor with her so that she does indeed get the medications going of depression medications is deadly… the ass hole is out of the picture so this is the time to leave him for good

What he did is :100: illegal. Contact the police and file a report. Also, once you file the report, fax it or take it to the physician who prescribed it. Let them know what happened and that she needs her script replaced. The pharmacy and her insurance will only replace her prescription if a police report is filed.

He is toxic and sounds like he may become worse. If he is belting the 2 yr old then that’s enough reason for her to get rid of him. And as for her medication it was prescribed by her Dr so he has absolutely no right to touch it. And she definitely needs to keep taking it or she could have a breakdown.
I think she probably knows that she has to leave this abusive man so one of you need to report him for child abuse and also mental abuse of her. I would never stand by watching while this child is being hurt.
Keep supporting her and try to convince her he isn’t going to change. She could try to leave while he is away on duty. Tell her to let the Dr know he will get help for her.

Many years ago my sister did that to her then husband. (My sister had a lot of issues, and she and my BIL were going through a bad time.) She told him he didn’t need his prescriptions and to take supplements. He tried to commit suicide a couple of times, and almost succeeded one time. A couple of kids found him along side a road. She needs to get away from this guy because he doesn’t have her best interest. She needs to contact her doctor and explain the situation because these meds can only be filled so often. I wish her the best.

Abuse usually escalated. Talk to her, tell her how you feel. See if she’ll leave why he’s gone, hire a lawyer for custody, and tell her that her and the kids need to be safe. Good luck!

The only way you can help her is if she helps herself. It is hard to watch and there is only Soo much you can do.

He’s probably half the reason she needs the medication to begin with. I’d leave him

Being in the military, I would think that if she tells her doctor (military as well) what happened and needs a new prescription, the doctor will report it to his chain of command. There may be cases where soldiers get away with this behavior, but it isn’t because they’re aloud to behave this way towards a spouse or their children. If he is having issues from stress, than they will require him to get help or counseling of some sort. If not, they will determine that as well. There are no circumstances whatsoever that he should be touching her medication, laying his hands on her, or verbally abusing her in any way. She needs to document everything and if that means that she calls the authorities, then she should be supported in doing so. The kids are being subjected to something that can never be taken back and deserve to feel secure and love in the home. There are no two ways about it. Just let her know that you are there to support her and you love her and don’t want to see her going through such a terrible thing. If you are her trusted, safe place, she will need your reassurance and strength to come to terms with the reality. He needs help or she needs to leave to ensure her own and her children’s safety. I hope that she finds the strength inside her to be able to get out of harms way and do what’s best for her and her children.

Call his chain of command and turn him in! He can NOT do that. His chain of command will fuck him up so hard for that. She needs to contact the doctor tell him/her what happened. She needs to leave the boyfriend.

Personally there’s nothing you can do . Unless she wants out and do something to get out . When someone is getting abused they usually stay until they wake up . You can try and get involved. But it will not do anything but she may push you away . And distance herself from you . Only thing you can do is maybe try and protect the kids by calling cps . But unfortunately if there’s no marks on the children. They more than likely will do nothing. And him flushing the pills :pill: is not good for her . But if she’s not willing to tell in him . Nothing can be done on that . Either you just be supportive. Or distance yourself from her . Until she’s ready to come to you and says she needs help . Because she has to want it .

I totally agree on you getting custody. If she don’t leave him then it is time for you to take control. If is is psych meds she needs them probably a chemical imbalance so if she won’t do what is right it is time to do what is right.

She needs to get put, but it’s got to be her choice unfortunately. Convince her the kids are not better off and neither is she. I’m not sure if they do anything, but reporting it to his navy commander might not be a horrible idea if he’s being that abusive. She also needs a restraining order and to move somewhere he doesn’t know how to find her.

Advice coming from a the same type of relationship you have with your sister: I’m 22 months older than her, we lost our dad 10 years ago, anyhow… I tried to help my sister by doing what I thought was good for her, but in the end it ruined our relationship for a couple of years. I would give her the advice, but that’s it. Stay out of it. Give her your support that you’ll always have her back but with her in a toxic relationship, the only thing that will happen is, you’ll get blamed by the boyfriend and pushed out of her life. He sounds like a narcissist who knows all, even more than the doctor who prescribed the meds. Anyways, if you value your relationship with her, don’t do anything other than give her support and tell her your personal feelings about how it scares you.

Get her into therapy, if he’s barely ever around then she can survive without him.

Tell her to put her medication in a different pill bottle like birth control or midol.

Pushing & shoving IS physical abuse AND him hitting a 1 & or a 2 year old is also physical abuse. The abuse towards the babies needs to be reported.

In the capacity of a Sister and An Aunt - please help your sister and Nephews. Help them move out and away from this abusive person. Its not easy, but they have no one but you. it will be hard for you - but God’s blessings will be with you and your family for supporting your sister and her sons. Your sister needs counselling and therapy to cut away from this Toxic and Abusive relationship. She can come out of it and get away from this person - but she needs help. Please reach out to her immediately.

I’m in the Navy. And I’m here to tell you right now to report him. We all belong to a squadron/group/ship. Find out what he’s assigned to and Google it. Every command has a website with contact info. That isn’t tolerated. Report him.

Only person who can change her life is her. You can point the concerns that you have out and then say I am here regardless of what you choose. Just be the constant in her life and when shes good and ready to be done with that TOXIC situation you’ll be in her corner. Also I would be letting her husbands hire ranked officials know how his behavior is outside of work military has a zero tolerance for domestic abuse he may get reprimanded in that maybe a waking up call for him. Good luck.

The child abuse (more than a simple pat on the bottom) of a 2 yr old is my concern!! She can deal with her issues but if you know of a child in a bad situation it is your responsibility to report it.

Call your local police and report the abuse because that’s what it is. They will look into it. That’s about all you can do until she decides to do what’s necessary. Which is very difficult!

This is abusive with red flags :triangular_flag_on_post: all over it! She needs to get on track and leave him. Can you open the door for her to live with you. He can be served overseas. She needs serious help and so do those kids. Whatever has happened to the husband overseas he needs help too. Unless he’s always been this way :woman_shrugging: He would have to come home and work on his marriage to save it, but from just reading this he seems to be a finger pointer, instead of a problem solver.

Your sister needs to contact the navel base of his behavior cause they don’ put up with that kind of behavior out of their people period.

Help her come up with an exit plan. Please.

Explain to her that it’s abuse and not okay.

I would try get her and the kids moved out before he returns. That is so emotionally and mentally abusive

I feel that all this SUBTLE AGGRESSION, is not Healthy for her and her Darling Babies. Seek help before it is too late, is my humble opinion.

Stay out of it… there’s always two sides to every story. If she gets enough. She will ask for help…

1 Like

If it’s been a month she should be able to get a refill. If not for some reason she can ask her doctor if they have any samples until she get get her next prescription filled.

She should report him to the navy. Well depending on his rank anyway. That could either ruin his career or put her in danger. The only thing I can recommend is trying to help open her eyes to narcissistic abuse other than what I previously said. But with the previous thing I said you have to be careful because the higher up they are the more valuable they are as an asset to our government.

Yeah I’d just would support her but it’s hard to get out of relationships like that they can take a long time especially if abuse is involved and off/on. I mean she should get out that’s the smartest decision and do it for her kids but she sounds like she gave her power and dignity to that abusive man so SHE HAS TO RECLAIM IT BACK. Which is the hardest journey to take. Unless you see the an physiclaly hurting the child you probably can report it. But then she might not want you too or like you afterward. I been thru it with my own family. This is my own experiences and what I seen. Maybe encourage to see a therapist. I hope she gets out and find her self love. :two_hearts:

Get her to ring up the doctors and tell them what happend to the meds they will prescribe her with a new pack I misplaced bp tans and had to ring the docs

Please help her get away from this man. If she needs those meds then she needs those meds!! That’s not good for her and he seems to be controlling g and dangerous to her health.

You’re right to be worried. That man is a danger to your sister & to her babies. He beats a 2 year old? Throw the whole man away! There is no fixing that. Run. You can’t force her to end the relationship, but you can give her advice & just be there to support her through it.

1. get rid of the boyfriend. 2) antidepressants are not supposed to be stopped abruptly. She should call her doc and let them know what happened.

I’m so so sorry shes stuck
It’s very scary to think about involving the police especially these days but omg! Her mental health is 10000%1st priority, and she needs what she needs.
I really hope shes getting therapy WITH the meds so maybe counseling will help lead her away​:woman_shrugging::heart::heart::heart:xo

Call pharmacy and say she lost the bottle and try and get more if that don’t work then call shrink and get a refill

She needs to boot him. And file a police report… Make sure she tells pharm she is ONLY one to pick up and to request an Id so he can’t. She also needs to notify her dr. Maybe they can do something. But ins is really one who dictates because can only get so often. Maybe dr can rewrite some how. Not cool

He’s gone for a few months. She needs to pack her stuff and leave with the kids. Staying in this relationship isn’t going to do her any good nor the kids. He’s abusive.

Get her away from that. He’s gone over seas. It’s a perfect time to relocate and start a new life. :black_heart: much love and all the vibes for good things

Have her contact her dr and sounds to me like he is in the military, contact his unit and tell them what is going on and how he is mistreating his family. Idk about his unit but mine doesn’t let stuff like that fly.

Uhm. She should call her doctor ASAP. Depending on the anti depressant it can harm her to not level down. Does the guy know that

hes not going to change.she has time now if hes going to be gone for a few months to file for separation or even divorce.thats mental cruelty is what that is.next thing you know he’ll be beating on all of them😥

I feel bad for her but she has a chicke. The 2 year old doesn’t! That is where your efforts and sympathy needs to go! Babies being hit by an angry abusive father! They all need to move as far away as they can! Before that man returns have this situation resolved no matter what.

You can ask your Pharmacist for one time refill with the co pay. I lost mine out of town and got a new script on request.

Call the cops and child protective services. Or take the kids until she leaves him. Clearly she needs to open her eyes.

As someone who’s been through the domestic violence situation. She needs to take the kids and leave while he’s gone on active duty. My ex fiancée of 2 years, he hit me once. Promised he would never do it again. Well he broke his promise and he punched me in the face and in the chest then he pushed me over the stair railing outside. About 2 or 3 years ago, I ended up in the hospital, I found out that night because of the assault I endured in 2009, I have somewhat healed fractures that cause me pain daily. I use to be able to walk long distance, but not anymore.

Don’t minimize abuse because it’s JUST shoving and pushing. Don’t minimize abuse because he doesn’t hit her. Don’t minimize abuse, period! Flushing someone’s medication is wrong and dangerous! That is abuse, he is trying to control what she does with her body and mind m, that’s abuse! Abuse should not be minimized just because it doesn’t leave physical bruises!

Call his commanding officer and I bet they will do something about it. The military don’t play when someone is abusive…physically, emotionally or verbally

1 Like

I have spent my fair share around deployed troops and their squadrons and know a little if he’s deployed that long and acting that way towards her he’s 100 percent cheating :ok_hand:t2: she needs to remove herself from that environment completely so she can breath and see what’s really going on :no_mouth::disappointed: I know that’s not as easy as it sounds because she’s probably 100 percent reliant on him for financial support but no time is better then right now to get her affairs in order …… ps I would get her into therapy immediately someone who she can talk to who’s a professional to help her threw this process i would also be very supportive of what ever she choices don’t push her to leave just help her get the support if she chooses :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s never easy with children involved things become very complicated that being said if he’s still being deployed regularly she will elegy custody :ok_hand:t2::eyes: not to say she can’t allow dad to see his child just that if he’s being abusive ect she will be able to protect him ps dad may possibly be suffering from PTSD and it wouldn’t hurt for mom to talk to base coucling and see if they have anything documented for him over seas he might need treatment as well but hasn’t talked to anyone and is holding it in :sweat:

She needs to LEAVE!! I don’t care if there has “only been shoving”. He is abusing her and I guarantee there has been more than just that.

Days report him for the behavior towards the child. She will have to follow what they set as rules or she will lose the child.

He spanks a 2 year old? They don’t even know what being naughty is at that age :frowning:

1 Like

Call fleet and family services and see if they can start an investigation on abuse on her and the children. That’s a brig offense and the navy will protect her if he is found guilty…

1 Like

What can OP do? Nothing. If the sister is an adult then they need to A. Get rid of the BF
B. Call their dr & see about new meds

I mean he stole from her yes it’s illegal.

She should reach out to his chief immediately. But I think that SHE needs to be her own advocate here. I’m sorry your sister is going through this.

Help her to concentrate on what is the best things to do for her kids. Sometimes kids are their only motivation to do the hard things. Thank the Lord she has you.

Just be there for her. You’ll know when and If you need to step in. For now, just keep tabs and keep in touch.

She needs to pack up and leave while he’s gone.

1 Like

Report it to his command about the verbal abuse as well as the shoving, also mention the medication.

Obvious answer, call the doctor to refill the script. They will do it knowing the situation.

Your sister needs to throw that whole man away.

Sounds like he’s the one that needs the medicine

It’s dangerous to just stop taking meds like that if you’re not weaned off them

That isn’t going to end well if they don’t get out now! All of the signs are there.

Remember abuse doesn’t always leave a bruise or a mark

1 Like

If it was a month ago isn’t she due for another script?

While he’s gone maybe you can stay with her?

Report this entire situation to cps. Why are you posting on Facebook that you know he’s abusing these kids instead of helping?

12 Likes

She needs to ask her doctor for the absolute best advice here.

2 Likes

Therapy and a divorce.

3 Likes

Don’t bother calling cps. Report him JAG & MPs. He’s military. Civilian cops have no jurisdiction over him. GO STRAIGHT TO JAG & MPS. Protect your sister & those babies cuz it will only get worse.

8 Likes

She can report him to his chain of command for abuse and she needs to see a lawyer about a restraining order and custody.

Just remind her that your space is a safe space for her and those kids whenever they may need it :heartpulse:

Help her leave him! U have the time. Help her set up daycare and file custody

IMO she needs to leave. Abuse is abuse no matter the form. I’ve lived it. Good luck!

Tell her to run leave his ass and come home to family. Trust me.

2 Likes

She needs out of that relationship. That’s scary

1 Like

She needs to hide her meds and he can deal with it

Sounds like she needs to get away from him. He is abusive and she deserves better

That’s abuse straight up and if she has insurance they may be able to replace and do an over ride for lost usually can do one a year and vacation early fills

3 Likes

File charges against him. You CANNOT stop meds like that.

Report him to his commander & prepare to move out on her own. Check where she can get some help.

Pharmacy tech :wave: have her call her Dr for a refill then she has to call her insurance and tell them they are lost or damaged and that she needs a lost medication override for an early fill.

Fuck that call his CO. Are they married? Tell her to pack their shit and leave. Put him on child support. He clearly has no respect for her or her mental illness.

1 Like

She needs to go to a domestic violence shelter asap and make a police report so she can get her meds again

That is abusive behavior, time for her to leave him!

This is abuse. She needs to get out. He hurts the kids??? Wtf.

She needs to leave the man. It’s not healthy for her or her children. If it were me I’d call whatever police station and just ask them if there is anything you can do because he flushed her prescribed medication because he wanted to control her.

1 Like

If he hit your child you can report him. Pretty sure its illegal to strike anyone especially a child.