My husband refuses to get a job: Advice?

Ya sorry, you married a boy not a man. Sorry bout your bad luck but you need to move on or put the smackdown on his ass. He might actually be gay as I re read this.

3 Likes

Kick him to the curb . Sounds like dead weight . Lighten the load . Good luck . God bless

Ur already doing it by herselfā€¦ u dont need him. Just think what ur missing out on by getting a REAL MAN!

4 Likes

So what Iā€™m hearing is that youā€™ve been the Adult and want to know how to parent a grown man. Not your job. Move on, you sound like you can do alright without him.

3 Likes

Throw the whole man awayā€¦ or should I say ā€œboy.ā€

5 Likes

He probably is still dating his ex and using you financially . Girl time to say bye

2 Likes

Maybe you need to give him back to his mommyā€¦

4 Likes

Why are you even posting on Facebook. Instead of posting you should be packing his shit, let his ex keep him.

5 Likes

Honestly? If he wonā€™t work, kick him out the door.

You the foolo for taking caree of a man that is not your sonā€¦No Way

2 Likes

GET. THE. FUCK. OUT. if you canā€¦ I donā€™t mean to be overstepping my bounds, but this will not change! and from my experience, youā€™re better off being a single mama with daycareā€¦ Itā€™s not worth it!

My sister said, after dumping her boyfriend of several years after he exhibited behavior like this, thatā€™s the best 260 lbs Iā€™ve ever lost! She only had herself to think of. You have babies to take care of also. Itā€™s not healthy for them to see this torment.

This is a joke, right?

1 Like

There is only one solution for this. Time to go babe.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a husband. Thatā€™s another baby you have to provide forā€¦

6 Likes

You. Are. Being. Used.
Leave his lazy ass.

2 Likes

Sounds like time to get a new husband.

1 Like

Girlllll , youā€™re letting him bring his friends over & use your gas to leave the house even though heā€™s not working? & wont have sex bc of his ex even after 7 years? Advice? Leave cus you out here lookin like boo boo tha fool .

2 Likes

Get a new husband. Yours is broken.

Pack his shit and leave it on the door and change the locks.Time for him to find another home and source of income. He not interested in you just what you provide.

1 Like

Kick him out, sounds like an extra child your taking care of and not a spouse.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion here: Is he home with the kids so they arenā€™t at daycare? Is he taking them to and from school? Or taking care of any responsibility at home? If so, why is this acceptable for a stay at home mom and not a stay at home dad. I would hate everyone telling my husband to leave me because he supports our family solely.

Now obviously if he is just mooching and not being responsible in any way, shape, or form, that is different.

Just a different perspective šŸ’

3 Likes

Leave or better kick him to the curb.

You donā€™t need another kid, you need a man mama! Tell him itā€™s a full time job to help with the house or back to mommy and daddies house.

Draw a line in the sand. He doesnā€™t get a job, then he doesnā€™t get anything else attached with the word job! That should be enough of an incentive for him!

1 Like

Dump his lazy ass back at his exā€™s!!!

2 Likes

My ex husband was the same. It drained me. I chose to go. I wish you the best girl.

Please donā€™t get offended but dump his ASS he has a mother his broke ass can go free load elsewhere

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a husband, he is a roommate not paying his half.

5 Likes

If anything is because of his ex, itā€™s an invalid excuse, especially after that long.
If you have uber eats, grubhub, doordash, postmates, etc. In your area, tell him to sign up to be a delivery driver, they allow him to make his own hours and work as much or as little as he wants without a set schedule, so he had no excuse. Otherwise, start calling him a stay at home dad and start expecting him to do all of the things that a stay at home parent does, and make it blatantly clear that this is what you expect.

1 Like

My EX husband did the same. Back pain. So I made him watch our son took him out of day care. He changed diapers, cleaned house and had dinner when I came home. Found out he was playing on tinder. I served him promptly

2 Likes

Bounce his lazy ass out the door

Wtf? Even if it was one year, an ex shouldnt be in your relationship

Make him leave. Thatā€™s bullshit.

Ditch him basically a free loader u can do it by yuhr self

1 Like

ā€œMy husband refuses to get a job: Advice?ā€
Find a new husband.

5 Likes

Get rid of him you and the kids will be better off

1 Like

Darling. This is why God invented divorce! Come on! This man is satisfying NO part of your life. Instead he is sucking the life right out of you by having you work and basically not see your kids. Come on. You donā€™t need to be a genius to figure it out. And he is talking to you about an ex? Are you out of your mind?

5 Likes

A leech whoā€™s openly using you and abusing you because you allow it. Leave him.

1 Like

Oh no hun. A husband needs to provide unless he has a legit disability. I have MS and still take my butt to work. No excuses for a man not to work and provide for his family.

Get rid of him him he is a LOSER !

2 Likes

My ex got out of the military and then sat on his ass for 6 months. I ā€œnagged himā€ to get a job while I busted my ass at work everyday and then was still doing 90% of home duties. That killed any desire for intimacy that I wanted. Now Iā€™m a single mother of two and work and do everything but my life is so much easier because I lost the 3rd child and the other two at happy with a $2 allowance. Moral of the story: ditch the zero.

2 Likes

Leave. If he still had issues with his ex him never should have gotten married.

You donā€™t have a marriage. Itā€™s over.

No desire to work and let you do it

No no no
:triangular_flag_on_post:

Pimping much? He better have the dinner and house clean most days. You have motherhood one time and it ainā€™t for his ass especially if heā€™s able. Age and sperm donā€™t make a man or a father. Donor life.

Sounds like you have an over grown child still looking for a woman to take care of him like his mom did as a child. I personally couldnā€™t deal with that, but thatā€™s just meā€‹:woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Is he taking care of the children? Is he cooking? Is he cleaning? Is he doing any of the things a man would expect a stay at home mother to do? If so, have a talk with him if heā€™s complaining he doesnā€™t see you. If heā€™s lounging around doing absolutely nothing, then it Sounds like you need a good divorce attorney. Intimacy 1-2 times per month? No, heā€™s getting it somewhere else.

2 Likes

You donā€™t need him seems like you can do this on your own .

1 Like

Baby know your worth and kick him to the curb you already got children to provide for you donā€™t need to provide for himšŸ’Ŗ

2 Likes

Kick him out and file for child support and spousal support. The court will make him get a job or go to jail.

4 Likes

Your guilibul, believe anything, he got you wipped, your desperate and he knows it, your willing to do anything to keep him, hey donā€™t get upset of him taken advantage, now divorce him you wonā€™t tho, I mean 7yrs of desperation, šŸ¤·šŸ¤·šŸ¤·šŸ¤· your the issue another women would of pissed him off a very long time ago, you tell your self I can change him, :rofl::rofl:šŸ¤¦šŸ¤¦ nahh stop blaming the EX she ainā€™t the reason your desperate to be HIS motherā€¦

2 Likes

If you havent alreadyā€¦Have an honest conversation with him about it all. It sounds like you are trying to fix the relationship instead of just end it, so thats my best advice. Be sure to mention that you cant go on like this if he isnt willing to be a part of supporting the family. Maybe therapy or divorce if he isnt receptive to that.
I hope he is at least doing housework and watching the kids if hes staying homeā€¦if not something definitely needs to change.

1 Like

Girl, he is your baggage. Since you can provide for you and your kids, kick his ASS OUT.

3 Likes

So why are you still married? Sounds like nothing but another mouth to feed.

2 Likes

So my hubby and I literally just had this conversation, Iā€™m basically a SAHM right now, and iv debated on going back to work to help with finances. After having the conversation with my hubby we decided that I would stay home as for us itā€™s more financially reasonable with the price of daycare

2 Likes

Divorce put his butt on the road.

So heā€™s not contributing anything but stress to your life, and is probably cheating on you

1 Like

Because of his ex??? I dont get it.

3 Likes

Move on sorry, or talk to him one last time, or he should go to dr,

Intimate times are less because of his ex?! What in the actual fuck? Refuses to get a job, complains because ā€œhe doesnā€™t have timeā€ (because he refuses to contribute), leaves when he does have time and on top of all that bullshit he doesnā€™t sleep with you because of his ex. Hell no. Heā€™s using you and you need out of that bs. Go find yourself a real man

6 Likes

Because of his ex? What does that even have to do with it? You know you can make it without him. Youā€™re doing it now. So make it even easier on yourself by having one less mouth to feed and toss him out the door.

2 Likes

Your his bank. Your his momma. Kick him to the curve. You got real children that need you

6 Likes

I kick him out Iā€™m sorry but if you live with someone even if you arenā€™t in a relationship should help each other. I would just kick his ass out and thought a child support go tell him to get a job or go to jail. There is no reason for him not to work it hurts him cry me a river it does not hurt I was in a major car accident f***** up my knee and my ankle and my whole entire neck back and jaw. Iā€™m not supposed to lift more than 10 lb I do it anyway Iā€™m not supposed to stand on my knee and ankle because there is no muscle behind my knee or cartilage to protect the bones or even tissue so Iā€™m not supposed to stand for more than an hour at a time but I do it anyway. I work at hot topic I work with kids I do amateur modeling with a few photographers and I work with animals that are special needs. They want to do surgery on my back and neck to fix it because itā€™s that bad but I still get up every day and do all this and Iā€™m even a caregiver for my mother because sheā€™s sick with cancer and seizures and neuropathy and a bunch of other s***. There is now it hurts me to work that donā€™t work for me I get up and do it he can get up and do it other people have worse problems to where they arenā€™t supposed to be working but just like me they get up and do it. heā€™s taking advantage of you so he can party and have fun with his friends instead of doing what he really needs to do itā€™s your money you pay the bills at your place and thatā€™s all he wants is someone to take care of him. I tell him either get a job or Iā€™m filing for divorce

1 Like

Girl heā€™s broken go ahead and throw him out!

Honestly itā€™s hard enough to be a parent but to be a parent on top of all thatā€¦ oooo eeeee better toss that bad egg out

Thatā€™s not a husband honey tell him boy bye

3 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s already moved on from this relationshipā€¦you should too.

3 Likes

You only get one life. You are already showing your kids how hardworking you are so now show them how to be happy and stop settling. Get out and love yourself and your life! You can do this!

6 Likes

Throw him to the curb

2 Likes

I stopped reading at any advice, the advice is leave him until he can get a job

Is he willing to be a stay at home dad and run the house and raise the kids full time? Because that would be the talk I would be having. if you are working and trying to do it all then thatā€™s a no go.

4 Likes

You is a sugar momma, leave him.

6 Likes

Dump that narcissistic man. It will be hard, you may need therapy but it will be worth having him out of your life

2 Likes

You need to show your children how a woman should be treated by their husbandā€¦as their mother you owe them that

Yup kick him to the curb.

Sounds like heā€™s just plain lazy and is content with living off your labor and is using some bullshit excuse for being a bum. Possibly on the verge of, if not already cheating, and needs a good swift kick in the ass. Also, it sounds like youā€™re enabling his piss poor behavior. Start taking his things away and treat him like the spoiled child he is.

4 Likes

Sorry sweetie lost cause stop wasting your time make sure you sign up for child support

Throw the whole husband away

My husband says ā€˜you only can grow a plant you waterā€™ ā€¦ what are you trying to grow?! Canā€™t get work is acceptable but not trying to get work isnā€™t acceptable! Youā€™re a team, your bus wife, youā€™re not his mother!

Liar liar pants on fire is what you should tell a person that states that they canā€™t contribute becauseā€¦

Time for a divorce lol

He would find his ass on the curb if he was was my husband

Girl, if you already doing it all by yourself, why not BE by yourself? Cut him loose, and have one less mouth to feed.

8 Likes

Unbelievable. He would be at the curb already.

1 Like

Kick him out, save the living expenses of an adult, get benefits for being a single parent, spend quality time with your children!

3 Likes

Your children are more resilient than you could ever imagine, I think your husband is a lazy bastard and needs to stop making excuses, a problem shared is a problem halved so I suggest he gets off his arse and go get a job so you to can have some time to spend with your family as you deserve, Iā€™m pretty sure your children wouldnā€™t mind if mummy and daddy went to work so they can have there treats.

3 Likes

Two choices: get a new husband OR work two jobs yourself

1 Like

Your being walked over.

2 Likes

What a fucking idiot. He wonā€™t work but also complains about you spending time with him? Kick him out.
People need to start taking this shit seriously. Your wife or husband refuses to work, theyā€™re not responsible adults. They need to contribute or move out.

7 Likes

Between now and dead, what do you want to be doing with your life?

1 Like

Youā€™re already supporting the family; you donā€™t need him. One less mouth to feed, cloth & entertain. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

From someone whoā€™s been cheated onā€¦hes getting it somewhere else. Start looking at credit card bills, phone recordsā€¦or come home early.

5 Likes

Take yourself out of the equationā€¦ put a friend or relative in your placeā€¦ now what would you be telling them? You seriously need to have a good talk with himā€¦ if heā€™s not prepared to find work, and start acting like a husband, then walk away. Lifeā€™s too precious to waste xx

5 Likes

I walked off from my first husband over this I was working 3 jobs and going to collegeā€¦best decision I ever made

2 Likes

Go ahead and leave his ass right now! He deserves just himself, and his friends and maybe his ex.

1 Like

Please do this ^^^** STAT

2 Likes

Sex 1 or 2 a month because of his ex? Huh?
The whole post is likeā€¦ What?

4 Likes

Iā€™d be done. Any man that refuses to get a job is not worth the effort. If you have to do it all by yourself anyway, why do you need him?

4 Likes

Give him back no work no eat motherā€™s place at home

1 Like

lol leave him with the kids and take a breather f that

1 Like