My husband has paid bills for 3 months and won't stop throwing it in my face: Advice?

Start reminding him every time you do something. ‘I washed the dishes, I changed a diaper, I cleaned the kitchen.’ Then when he wants a little adult time…I’m too tired, I did this, that, and the other today. Double standards suck.

1 Like

I never understood why people think their spouse is not their equal partner. It’s doesn’t matter who pays for what. The fact that you are building a life together and have a family together means you are partners.

3 Likes

Did you throw it in his face when you paid the bills?

Time to go sweetie. If he treats you less than a queen then you need to leave.

I’d leave if he’s like that. The money should be in a shared account and one person pays the bills when they’re due.

1 Like

Why does everyone just go straight to leaving?! Sit down and have a damn discussion. :woman_facepalming:

Isn’t that something that could be talked about? Jeeez

Typical blow ass person. Tell him bluntly to stfu. I’ve paid bills for prob 5 years outta 7, I’ve struggled while they have what they want. Never have I complained about what I need or want or what I give. Find someone else. It’ll get sickening enough you’ll find yourself driving in a opposite direction to your new life :rofl:

I don’t get this division that seems to be part of relationships these days.

1 Like

I would just say damn in 5 years and 9 months. You will have paid me back for all the bills I paid for 6 years.

I’m an asshole. That being said, I would show him the receipts for the past six years and would tell him to suck it up buttercup. Then I would make an appointment with an attorney. Life is too short to stay with the wrong person. Good luck on finding Mr Right

Did u throw it in his face when u were the one paying???

3 Likes

Wow if you can do all that by yourself why do u need him. I’m sure you don’t throw it in his face all the bills you have paid. He’s a freeloader

4 Likes

Kick him to the curb

2 Likes

Send his ass a bill, I’m sick of these men who have no respect or appreciation for stay at Home moms wives . They bust there asses for free . You are his wife not a squatter . Tell him to bring it up again and he can sign divorce papers .

Tell him your so proud that he’s paid the bill. I’m assuming he wants recognition…

2 Likes

What does he do with his money if you paid all the bills??? Start charging him for all the work you do - or tell him to leave and start paying alimony and child support.

3 Likes

Why is it “he” pays the bills and “you” pay the bills? If you’re married, isn’t all of the income yours jointly??

5 Likes

I mean good for him for paying the bills
But he shouldn’t be bragging about it.

2 Likes

He’s a cheap SOB, you gotta play hard ball or kick his ass out.

Wow he paid for three months…kick him to the curb you can obviously do it yourself get someone who appreciates you and helps for more than 3 months thats crazy

1 Like

Does he do an equal amount if housework??? I’m sorry but if my husband ever threw in my face a bill he had to pay all on his own, he’d be :hocho: and buried somewhere in the dessert :relaxed:. Sorry not sorry, he works an actual job while I get to stay home and run the house and work from home. Our kids are special needs and I gave up my very well paid job/career to care for them. I still make more then him. I run the finances but he decided that after he realized that I was the better person to do so. I don’t throw in his face that I make more $$$ then him, he doesn’t go without anything, he carries 1/2 the house duties and our kids responsibilities. He became a full time dad for my 11yo daughter when her dad passed away too. He cannot and won’t make decisions without my consent. We do have arguments like every couple does. We talk shitt over qhen we cool off and that’s just how it fully works for us. He’s not perfect and neither am I. Maybe it’s time to have a serious conversation with him and if an agreement isn’t reached, time to let go. But I can assure you that if he’s complaining right now for paying bills for 3 months, he’s gonna wanna regret it when it comes to paying half the cost of daycare and support for his kids, not to mention upkeeping the place himself and making his own foods and what not. :woman_shrugging: sometimes shitt like this has to happen in order for a couple to change and grow either apart or together.

1 Like

Tell him how you feel and if he dismisses your feelings then it’s time to go.

Talk to him about it 1st if shit don’t change then leave.

Right? Gold star adhered to forehead too.

Give him a cookie and say congratulations. Sounds like he’s a cry baby

Damn. Someone feels like an adult :joy:

Ever thought about marriage counseling?

1 Like

Leave him your better off

Sounds like you have a boy instead of a man

2 Likes

I am going to guess that far more is going on and has over the years? A marriage is supposed to be a partnership! If you were able to support the family, allowing him to stay home and do all of the housework/childcare for six years(if he even did), why is he tripping over 3 months?? Are you really in a partnership/marriage or was he living off of you for six years and now that he has to financially support the family he’s pi$$ed? 3mo in and he is already acting like a prick!?! Unfortunately, it will only get worse!
Is this a decision that you made as a married couple? Did something happen that made it necessary for him to step up because you can’t at the moment? Because he doesn’t sound like he is willing to give 100% of himself like you do.
I have so many questions!!

I am so sorry you are going through this! I think you know the answer to your question though and it’s definitely not just based on this particular issue.

Ummm why has he only been doing this for 3 months. He should of been paying the majority of them or at least half from start of marriage

3 Likes

If your married don’t you both pay the bills?

1 Like

Hand him a Big outrageous Bill for All the Years He’s behind on for Child Care, House Expenses, Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry, & everything else you’ve done…
Plus you did it for 6 years By yourself…You don’t need him( kick him to the curb & get a Real Man!!)

1 Like

Ooooh no, just no. You are a team, a partnership. Your team pays those bills. If my husband ever disrespected me like that, we would be having words. Luckily I married a man who doesn’t keep score of every bill he pays for our family.

I dont think it’s worth leaving over. You’re married. Have an adult discussion about roles and teamwork.

Leave now… you are already doing everything without him…what is he there for…just to look stupid…only going to get worse

Leave his ass. Men in most cases are supposed to be the supporters. If you are able and have been doing it on your own you don’t need that emotional toll.

Question is did u throw it in his face when u were paying the bills

Tell him to kiss old rusty and be a man for a change. Tell him you tired of raising him.

Make him a sticker chart. Put it on the fridges. Tell him instead of telling you when he’s paid he can help himself to a gold star for his chart since he wants to be a child about it.

15 Likes

Time to boot him out the door

It’s time to go !! A marriage is 50/50 and all about respect !!

Yea it’s time to go babygirl sounds like you can do it by yourself why sit and listen to a man talk about what he does for his family when it’s his job

Lay all the expense out on the table tell him this is what has to be paid out the day where is your half are more if you do all the house work and cooking. He don’t want to held let him go wash his on clothes, I am 77 been married 56 years I could tell you more it would not be good on face book. Still love him with all my heart

He should be ashamed u paid them 4 6 years the childish pompus

Excuse me, what? My husband and I just inform each other that bills have been paid. There is no your money and my money except for a set amount we each get to buy whatever we want.

2 Likes

we give him a bill for the work you do if he doesn like he can pay chils support and kick rocks

2 Likes

Give him a bill of sale for what you do :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Just let him go you can do it yourself. Men are just so stupid and childish these days.

2 Likes

Start sending him a bill.

1 Like

Yeah nooo see you are MARRIED. It’s y’all’s bills, not just the bills. I left a man like this bc I’d rather be alone doing it than with a POS boy child. I am happily married and when I mention money , he says it’s OURs not just his. He is the only one working.

3 Likes

Tell him to knob off the pratt
Honestly what a dirty turd charge him for all the childcare and cleaning and doing his washing, think he will soon shut it x

Give him a bill for ur services and see how long it takes him to pay it.

1 Like

I am so glad I had the husband I had married 38 yrs he never complained about paying bills or anything I used to work and then I had to quit to take care of some family members that couldn’t take care of their self but I always did the housework take care of the kids and did a yard work when I didn’t work when he would let me but I had a good husband he didn’t complain after I quit work about having to pay all the bills and everything but I just had to give him a little praise because he’s no longer with us anyway.

I haven’t paid 1 bill I over 2 years. If your husband is holding it against you, it’s time to figure something else out.

And this was the exact reason why I’m on my second divorce. Some men are just not mature enough to man up!
Easier on my own.

I would leave the scum bag

Wait so you have paid all the bills for 6 years… he has paid for 3 months and really thinks he has anything to “throw in your face”?! Oh hell no dude I’d dip then nail him for child support cause just no. No. No. No.

1 Like

Girl if you don’t tell that man off every time he bring it up. What an absolute child he is. What a pathetic little boy hes being.

You’ve been with him for eight years and he hasn’t tried to help you do anything?!

1 Like

Classic Inferiority complex. He just HAS to feel like the big man in charge. Clearly you can handle things on your own.

1 Like

So bill him every day for child care and household duties. If that’s how he wants to play. Marriage is teamwork there should not be keeping track of who does this and that. Shame on him

2 Likes

Ask him what about the 6 years he owes you for? TF? The audacity.

4 Likes

You should’ve left .

1 Like

Clearly you can do it all yourself. Let go and move on. No female NEEDS a male.

Tell him its about time he started helping, grow the hell up and be a man or go back to mama…

2 Likes

Her husband sounds like a whinny B*tch​:roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t2:. She paid, half a year & he paid 3 months $ he acting like a girl about? What the hell he was doing while she paid the bills? Fk him, bye Felicio​:wave:kick him out, l’ve been paying my own bills for years :woman_shrugging:. He needs to man up & be happy that his wife paid bills for a while, it sounds like she has more back bone than him

Give him the flick and get a real man

If that’s the case then maybe it’s time to go your separate ways. That’s not how a relationship works

2 Likes

“Btch you paid the bills for 3 fcking months! 3 months, out of 12 months!! All the other times, you didnt do jack squat. Since your feeling all high and mighty, like you can do shit on your own,
Wash your own clothes! Cook your own damn food! Or better yet? Get your own damn place, and pay your bills. Because we dont need your fcken sht here.”

Throw his shit out after. He isn’t worth the time or effort to fix things. He will forever be like this. Holding his “good deeds” over you

Make him a bill for all you do and include back bills you paid.

It’s time to go. That’s what I would do but you can ultimately make your own decision

It amazes me how many married couples assign bills. It happens more than you know.

Time to kick his bum ass to the curb .that guy is a dead.beat

Red :triangular_flag_on_post:! He doesn’t see you as a partner. You’re a friend with benefits/roommate. Go to counseling, even if he won’t go with you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it is time to go, but I would definitely be putting my foot down and give him one helluva earful of how much he needs to grow the hell up and quit acting like a manbitch.

1 Like

I think you already know the answer

He should be helping you with the kids and housework and everything else
Marriage is a partnership
If he doesn’t want to help and you’re doing literally everything how are you not already a single mom?
You can find a new man easy. He’s replaceable. Replace him

3 Likes

I dunno if you mean he MANAGES the bills now or works to pay them now.
If he’s only now a Working To pay them. Leave.
He’s gonna love working to pay child support.

I haven’t worked for 15 years after getting hurt as a nurse. I receive nothing and haven’t contributed financially since my injury. I’ve been fighting for my life with health issues and an lucky to be here. My husband has never complained. He’s never denied me what I need or made me feel guilty. I do that to myself. If your husband truly loves you he would never complain. It’s what you do for the people you love. Marriage is a partnership, not a competition. Time you both had a sit down and figured out how to work together instead of separate

3 Likes

And you are with him why???

1 Like

Ouch! And here I was mad that mine wanted a Thank you for loading the dishwasher.

Nah fam. Put him in his place and if he STILL tries to throw it in your face, THEN go.

3 Likes

I would remind him that you carried his lazy ass for 6 yrs,and that he needs to grow some balls and take care of his family and help you around the house, that he needs to be a man. If he can’t do that,divorce his lazy, no good ass and make him pay child support and kick him out. Dont let him bully you, stand up to that lazy piece of shit that calls himself a man.what a joke.

I’m in shock you let that go as long as you did. Awww poor boy has paid the bills for 3 months. I assume he’s has contributed $$ for those bills to? Leave honey before your life passes you by.

3 Likes

you are already living as a single mom–may as well have the benefits of being one also, not just the disadvantages

2 Likes

Went through this. Leave. Run. GET OUT as soon as soon as you can!

2 Likes

My and my husbands bills and money are one in the same. I don’t get the question.

2 Likes

You are a team. If you’re keeping score you’re not teammates.

Time to go don’t be treated like that your worth more

Marriage is supposed to be a mutual partnership. Not a yours and mine situation. Shared responsibilities.

5 Likes

Tell him when he’s been paying everything on his own for 6 years like you did then come and talk to you. Until then shut up, suck it up and be a man

I think advising to leave is jumping the gun a bit…idk why some are doing that. It’s kind of a big decision to help someone make you don’t even know. But my first question would be is, have you asked him why he keeps bringing that up? Also, why does it matter WHO physically pays them? You’re married. You share ALL assets and monies. You’re supposed to anyways.

1 Like

I would go that isn’t right. It’s a team effort he is being ridiculous in my opinion

I dealt with the same thing and I came back by saying “Working doesn’t give you a get out of family responsibilities free pass” my dad works a night job driving a semi truck comes home and does his share of house duties he’s more of a m4n than some of these so called m3n

A wise man needs no advice and a fool won’t take it. You know what you need to do. You know what is right for you. Do that! Whatever that is. Noone else knows what is best for you. Every situation is different.

1 Like

Men should want to provide. He sounds like a little bitch.

First off why did you pay them all by yourself for 6 years? I get it sometimes laid off or injury or something so one could pick up extra slack but bills should be split. My husband has just one account that’s it all but jobs direct deposit all bills paid from it no issues :woman_shrugging:

If you are a team then he shouldn’t be throwing it in your face, but definitely not something to end the marriage over….