My baby has a yeast infection under his neck...help!

okay momma’s I need some help, my four month old son has a yeast infection under his neck, we have been to the pediatrician three times now, they have prescribed Nystatin in an ointment form that was making it more moist and worse, so after a week we went back in, and they prescribed Nystatin in a baby powder form, it will dry it out almost completely and then from him drooling because he has two teeth poking through it gets red and worse again. I’ve tried everything they’ve prescribed, plus none scented soap, plus rash cream, I mean everything I can think of. I just want him to feel better and for it to be gone. what can I do???

4 Likes

Hi, I’m a nurse, and we use this on bed bound patients with skin folds that get moist and red. I know the price of this one is a bit high, but it was the best example i could find, and this is also the exact one we use. You can cut it down into strips to fit him, and you can place it along with the powder. (If this link doesnt work i will edit my comment)

Interdry Ag 10x36 -Sp https://a.co/d/80RChhR

Ive also found that desitin works well for this problem, though that may give you the same result the nystatin cream did. Either way, you can use the interdry strips in combination with the powder or cream. The doctor may be able to prescribe the interdry, something similar and more cost friendly, or some pharmacies carry these as well though I’m not certain which isle they might be in. We’ve also used a combination of nystatin powder and cream for our patients. You’d put the cream on first and then sprinkle the powder on top. Feel free to private message me, i commented on the facebook as well.

I’m a momma…grand…and great grand mawmaw I always used corn starch keep the area clean and dry

10 Likes

Do you breast feed? Breast milk straight on it at every feeding is very helpful.

1 Like

Walmart sell their stuff called calmoseptine. Got to ask for it at the pharmacy counter. It’s non prescription. I’ve used it for all kinds of rashes on my kids

1 Like

I have had this going on with my kids and grandkids as well.
First off a small bib - cloth not plastic, worn all the time to catch drool - will have to be changed several times a day. Do not wear on her during night.
Many times wash and dry the area, make sure it is dry and apply cornstarch plentiful to the area. This works wonders and can be used on any area that has a rash. It will take a few days to disappear, but it will ease itch and redness during the time you are using it.

4 Likes

We used corn starch baby powder.

2 Likes

We had to use a bandana bib on my son b/c of the same issue. I would also take pure cornstarch and rub it on his neck (but be careful not to let your son get his hands on the cornstarch container b/c you don’t want him to play with it and inhale it). That combination is the only thing that kept it away. Nystatin didn’t really help much.

Keep a bib on him and maybe a wash cloth stuffed up under his neck a bit like a bib? My daughter had horrible rashes under her neck due to her being chunky and teething. Now I’m having a little issues with my son but ain’t as bad as hers. I just kept it wiped clean. Tried my best to keep it dry and it finally cleared up

1 Like

Try Monistat one of my daughters had a yeast infection on her bottom from antibiotics. The Monistat was the only thing that cleared it up.
Also I agree with the tea tree oil it works wonders

2 Likes

Tea tree oil mixed with coconut or olive oil. Apply 3 to 4 times a day. Tea tree oil is a natural antifungal.

3 Likes

Bibs, Bibs, Bibs!
Clean bibs changed VERY frequently, like once an hour or whenever you feel the slightest dampness.

2 Likes

You need to keep a bib on him at all times to catch the drool and might have to change it multiple times a day. I had to do this with my son to prevent the rash on his neck from coming back

1 Like

Tinactin is also effective for skin yeast infections. I have issues that cause me to have uncontrollable candida. I’ve been down the same road. Try the tinactin and the tea tree oil.

Bath (just a rinse, no soaps), Nystatin, aquaphor.
Additionally we just made sure to wipe the area down with a baby wipe and dry it with a towel throughout the day.

Put a bib on the baby all day and all night, switching it out when it gets too damp.

Our 2nd born got an infection in her neck that started bleeding because of spoiled milk settling in her creases.

Try the cream and cornstarch, the cornstarch should help keep it dry. Maybe keep bibs on him and change them as much as possible trying t9 keep that area as dry as possible. I know its hard when they r teething

1 Like

Try using a bib to catch his drool and drying his neck often along with the nystatin powder. The moisture is causing it so it needs to be kept dry.

We mixed the nystatin with diaper cream and it always helped even under the neck

So my daughter had this. The only thing that finally worked was hydrocortisone cream. Obviously try to keep it super dry when not applying the cream. I don’t know if this helped but I also use unscented soaps. I now recommend hydrocortisone cream for everything lol

Cook corn starch in a frying pan until it turns brown on med heat cool completely and use like powder

1 Like

Cron starch works on every type of rash .I used it with all 3 of my boys

Get some. Antifungal medicine, I get a rash under my stomach and my dr told me to use it and it does go away

Apple cider vinegar on a cotton swab

If you bottle feed your baby acidophilus: empty capsules into the bottles. One or two capsules

Almond oil is also very healing

Cornstarch helps keep it dry

Try dusting his neck with cornstarch.

breast milk or coenstarch

Hi, I’m a nurse, and we use this on bed bound patients with skin folds that get moist and red. I know the price of this one is a bit high, but it was the best example i could find, and this is also the exact one we use. You can cut it down into strips to fit him, and you can place it along with the powder. (If this link doesnt work i will edit my comment)

Interdry Ag 10x36 -Sp https://a.co/d/80RChhR

Ive also found that desitin works well for this problem, though that may give you the same result the nystatin cream did. Either way, you can use the interdry strips in combination with the powder or cream. The doctor may be able to prescribe the interdry, something similar and more cost friendly, or some pharmacies carry these as well though I’m not certain which isle they might be in. We’ve also used a combination of nystatin powder and cream for our patients. You’d put the cream on first and then sprinkle the powder on top. Feel free to private message me.

Bag balm!!! Square metal green can you can get at Walmart! Works wonders for that and diaper rashes

Vaseline might work as preventative but I’d listen to the mom’s saying corn starch to get rid of it