How much do you spend on groceries a week?

Definitely not possible! I have a family of 6.

1500-1800 a month… 2 adults and 3 smaller kids.

2 Likes

I just spent $488 for a family of 5. Groceries have gone insane.

2 Likes

Today with inflation rates, 300 plus a week. Mostly on milk and OJ, spices and vegetables. Everything is so expensive that if its not on sale, we just wait it out until we find a sale, especially meat. We cook from home, never eat out so our bill is usually higher than most.

250 for family of 4 :grimacing:

About 150-200 a week for a family of 4

This grocery order was over $300.
It’s myself, my 10 year old son, 9 year old son and 4 year old daughter.

Was $200 week 2 adults and toddler now about $400 3 kids and 2 adults

At least $1000. Family of three must be gluten free due to medical condition

At least 200 a week for my family of 5

Family of 6 and we spend a minimum of $350.00.

It’s hard. Family of 6 here. I can manage to keep it that low if I don’t buy a ton of snacks and pre-plan my meals for the week. The groceries are all mostly for the kids

Pre plan meals. Buy family packs of meat enough to have more than one meal out of. Leave junk food out of it. Sodas get expensive as well.

1 Like

We are a family of 9 , I have 7 kids and me and my husband and we spend around $2000
month on groceries, the prices of things have gone way up. I wish you luck., Spaghetti with meatsauce and bread sticks , and beef stew with rice are some cheap good meals , chicken Alfredo, … sloppy joes …

Over a hundred for 2 people

300 for 2 weeks, family of 5, one Xl shopping haul every other month (possibly every 2 months), this will include purchasing our meats and cheese in bulk. I ONLY shop at Costco and Sam’s club.

200-300 for 4 people a week. That’s 2 adults and 2 kids

1 Like

Go to Dollar Tree and get what you can there like snacks and frozen things, sides for meals, ingredients to cook with, etc., get meats & fresh veggies from Walmart or a cheaper grocery store/supermarket. Cheap meals in my experience are spaghetti or any pasta, tacos, hot dogs, chili, a roast or something that can be put to cook and create a gravy and add rice, get carbs to keep bellies full like rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, etc. For a family of 6 it may be more than $100/week even if you buy the cheapest though. It’s me, my 7 y/o, and 4 y/o and I spend $650/month but we eat separately a lot too.

2 Likes

you should be able to write cost off your taxes

1 Like

How did you get buy on that amount?

1 Like

WOW! There are 3 of us and I spend at least $100-$150 week.

1 Like

Coukd someone help me and my girls get groceries. after 2 dental surgeries for them , I had a short week. Amd our grocery shopping didn’t happen this week due to needing gas

You can do it! I made big pot meals Like chicken and dumplings, spaghetti, loaded potatoes, this a last me 2 days a piece, breakfast is oatmeal and fruit or eggs, loaf of bread for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches , bottle water , Not sure where you’re from but we have save a lot and Aldi and a big bag of chicken breast is $5.99 and 5 pounds of hamburger meat roll is $10.99 frozen

2 Likes

We do a lot of rice and beans an potato dishes.

I try and stretch meals. By adding more of something else I have. Like I’ll cut chicken breasts into cubes and make like a rice bowl instead of needing 6 cutlets for the meal w sides. I’ll make it all together in a pot lol. I’ve been getting real creative myself lol turn leftovers into soups etc

1 Like

We buy things that can be made into different things! Chicken is a huge one at my house. We buy a decent size package if chicken and we use it multiple days. We make Alfredo one night, tacos another, chicken and rice, ect… this has saved us so much money! Same thing with beef. It cuts our cost on buying meat and leaves us with more for other items. We spend about 150-200 weekly for our family of 7. It can be done. Just can be a bit time consuming because you do have to plan and budget carefully. We also store hop. So we go for the best deals always! Good luck honey!

1800-2k per month for a family of 9. We are starting a garden this spring/summer and trying to meal plan better so we can get that number down a bit since it’s more than our mortgage. :sob:

I dont buy for the week. I go buy for the month. Go to food outlet and stock up on a month’s worth of meat to toss in deep freeze. Go to Walmart and stock up on canned veggies for sides, frozen stuff,and lunch stuff plus drinks. Before all this inflation…our family of 4 got by on $650 a month. Lately it is more like $850 with price hikes.

We spend about $250 a week on family of 4

I shop biweekly and spend 200 on a family of 3 including diapers and formula

$500 per month family of 5 but 2 of my kiddos are little. We eat fish mainly and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables which are super cheap. I buy 8 large carrots per week for $0.10 each. Same with cucumbers. We do carrots with dip, shredded carrots over rice and I cube carrots, cheese and cucumbers in ziplock bags with balsamic vinaigrette for healthy snacks :yum:

1 Like

I’m a family of 6 we spend about 500 a month on food that we buy at store we do alot of bulk buying from sams club

Shop the sales & stock up when you can. Pasta is great to help stretch the meal for more servings. Most things have a sale cycle. In the fall, you find a lot of canned soups & veggies on sale. Pasta has been on sale now. January is more a healthy type like oatmeal, etc.

There’s no possible way I could for my family of 6. I can get it to $150 a week as long as I have meat and other things already bought previously from sales and coupons. I want to do a garden but I don’t have the time and my older kids won’t help. Tried and failed last year.

1 Like

Invest in a vacuum sealer, buy bulk, sales, bogo

We’re a family of 6 as well and that is very hard… but not impossible. Meal plans in advance, coupons, freeze meats, and buy in bulk whenever possible. We splurge a bit more on a monthly trip to Costco but it worth it tremendously

Family of 5 I spend about 200 a week.

No Amie. 300 for two weeks.

$200-300 for 3 and one baby :grimacing: I buy healthy food no junk

1 Like

When you do a roast, do several meals (roast and rice, BBQ and baked potato, shredded beef tacos). Same thing with with chicken… right now, I’m doing legs (it’s the cheapest) and I serve one meal on the bone, pull meat off for leftovers (ckn and veggies, chicken salad, top baked potatoes, or salad or tostadas). That way you are using one purchase for several meals and y’all don’t get tired of leftovers.

Also do a big pot of spaghetti sauce and freeze 1/2 or ²/³ of it in doubled up freezer bag for a quick meal later. Same thing for a smoked brisket.

3 Likes

$800 a month for family of 6 I buy bulk at Sam’s then buy veggies at aldie’s

Family of 6 we spent at least $200 a week if not more. We try to cook a lot and not eat out

One pan meals and things you can reuse if not all is eaten. I will save left over vegetables even if it is just a few bites for over a month and make beef stew. It is hard but possible.

We spend… so much. Like 200-300 a week, family of 5/6 (we have 50/50 of my oldest and she comes ever other week). We shop around, deals, Aldi/Lidl and Costco. But, I also have celiacs, so, that makes our food cost go up.

Frozen veggies, pasta, rice, but when it’s on sale. I feed a family of 7, it’s tough sometimes but we manage

Lots of meals with filler. I do a stir fry with ground pork (one of the cheapest meats) cabbage (again, cheap), a potato or two and season it with Chinese 5 spice/soy sauce and serve it over rice. Bulk, cheap, filling, keeps well. Soup is also great because it gets volume from water which is almost free. Lentils are cheap and make a great high protein soup, throw in some leftover or sale meat and veg and lentils and you are golden. Also just figure out meals you are comfortable cooking with whatever meat/veg is on sale instead of buying for specific recipes.

Family of 6, about $1,000-$1,200 per month. :grimacing:

1 Like

Gosh 300-400 a week. In Washington. Price gouging is a thing…

Buy sale items in bulk. I have never shopped that way, I’m a city girl. Like buy 20-30lbs of meat, canned items (aldi is good for this), any pantry items you normally get stock up when on sale.

Family of 5 and I spend 200$-300$ a week

1 Like

I’d suggest using a food pantry for any bread needs and canned good if able.

1 Like

I have a family of 8 but almost always an extra so 9 and spend a minimum of $500 a week usually without meat that’s extra, only 2 girls does that say it all lol

I spend for my family of six in one month this doesn’t cover what WIC supplies…$230-300. I also do two meals when I cook one meal so then I can freeze one meal for my fiancee to cook up on he stove or in the oven when I don’t feel like cooking. Even having the veggies prepared before time, as soon as they come in the door they are chopped and bagged up for so many meals and as need take them and put them in the fridge or I’ll use it frozen.

Meatless meals, grow a garden, can or freeze foods. Soups. Supstitute chi chi beans for meat in spaghetti. Definitely vegetables. Bake treats not buy junk foods though once in a while treats are good for the soul. There used to be day old bread stores. Food banks

Between $150 and $200 a week for a family of 5.

1 Like

I’m going to need yalls grocery list because I spend to much at the store. I just spent 531.00 yesterday for a family of 5. Now this did include, laundry soap,dish soap and hygiene products etc.

1 Like

At least 400 for a family of 6

I’ve family of 8 and use 360 a week… it can be more if I’m getting basics again. Also not including soap, tp etc…

Approximately 3-500 a week for a family of 4. We make a monthly meal list get all the meats and non perishable for the month at the start of the month and shop perishables weekly. (This includes hygiene, cleaning stuff etc) God I miss WIC lol

I’m a family of 8. I spend around $1,200 a month. Thats during the school year. I’m nervous for when summer gets here

Best bet is to buy in bulk and plan meals w the same ingredients. Family of 7 here. Jarring your own pasta sauce is cheaper than buying jars of premade. Always buy meat in bulk and look for a deal, separate and freeze it. Stay stocked on rice, potatoes, ingredients for biscuits, broth. Soups - easy to make in bulk and easy to freeze for later meals. I also always keep frozen chicken patties and nuggets for our “lazy” nights and make homemade fries since we are always stocked w potatoes. We have a local produce where veggies/fruits are a little cheaper than a grocery chain, so whatever’s on sale that week is what we purchase. Crockpot meals are easy to make in bulk for future meals and don’t always require a lot of ingredients. There is also an app you can download called “Magic Fridge”, you click the ingredients you have in your household and it will find recipes for you! I love it!

1 Like

Everything is sooooo expensive now. They don’t make living affordable for all people.

I have a family of 5 and we do good with 500 a month on food lol

Get chicken breast and beef. You can make any casserole or crockpot meal with that.

Use cash back apps like Ibotta, checkout 51 and Shopkick

I spend more then $100 a week for just myself and my parnter, good luck trying to do it for 6 :anguished:

1 Like

Hey👋 are you a new on crypto currency investment, do you want to trade without much loses? I highly recommend that you message Mrs Veronika filina, I make so much money with the help of Mrs Veronika filina , click on her name and ask to join…
@Redirecting...