How much do you spend on groceries a week?

$250-$300/weekly for fam of 3 plus 3 doggies!

1 Like

Aldi and a grocery discount store is where I go I can keep my budget under 200 for a week to feed 5 people

$200 to $260 every 7 to 10 days family of 4

I spend about $100 on just two of us.

I can’t see it happening. I spend 100.00 on a meal for 12 to 15 people. At least once a week.

Not at the prices at present I m only one person and it costs me 50.00 minimum lunches cost alot of money but u could do it for example buy one cleaning product and one toilet paper and the rest must be food not easy to have meat 7 nights either hope you can do it good luck you can go to zilch or free food stores around the city its hard

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://bestincomejobs37.netlify.app/

Buy your meats with the expectation of 2 meals… buy a bag of chicken leg quarters and separate thighs and legs. BBQ thighs and boil legs and pick the meat for a casserole. Buy a bigger pork roast and bake it. Slice half of it and do open face style and then shred the rest for pulled pork. Buy a chuck roast and make the roast then take the leftover meat shred it and make poor boy steak sandwiches. Doing a couple of meals a week like that with the proteins helps cut your cost. Throw an extra veggie or side on the table to make sure there is enough to go around and everyone is full. If you can fish locally do it. It’s meat in the freezer. There are tons of other ways to do multiple meals from one protein those are just some simple ideas.

4 Likes

You need a garden - grow all your veggies. It’s the only way we can do it

1 Like

We went yesterday, family of 6, spent about $350.
About $50 was household products, the rest food.

200 for a family of six and I shop pretty cheep

Buy meats on sale then shop for sides to match…make 3 big meals that can be used twice…you can shop every 2 weeks this way …one day just use any thing left or grilled cheese

I always try to have cheese eggs bread peanut butter and jelly on hand!

We are a family of 6, 2 adults, 4 kids but 2 eat as much as adults. If you can buy your meat in bulk then divide it into ziplocs and freeze it for meals that saves $. A lot of grocery stores mark down meats early in the morning, you can get good deals. Buy frozen vegetables that won’t spoil instead of fresh, they are just as nutritious. Making things from scratch helps if you have time, prepared foods cost more, for example buy a bag of flour, butter for the same price as a bag of frozen biscuits but you can use the flour and butter for other things. Good cheap fillers like beans and rice make meals go further.

1 Like

It’s possible, we are a family of five.

I spend 400 week on 11 people

250 a week for me and my two kids… but we eat mostly fruits and vegetables because I have lots of health stuff.
There’s a group called Cheap Meal Ideas that’s great!!

we spend $250/wk for a family of 4, plus a cat & dog. although I do think its definitely possible to spend less.

dry beans and rice as a base for most meals will do it

2 Likes

Big pot of veggie soup, about $15

2 lbs ground beef
2 cans each (peas, corn, green beans, carrots)
4 diced potatoes
Half onion diced
1 LG can tomato juice

Brown ground beef, drain, add all veggies & tomato juice, season to taste, boil until potatoes & carrots are soft.

Serve with Ritz crackers.

Family of 7 I spend 100$ a week but I’ve had to make everything from scratch to do so. Including making my own pancake mix and so on.

1 Like

I spend around 240 a week on a family of 4 (sometimes more when we need stuff for the house and our pets need food)

2 Likes

You can feed a family of 6 on $100 a week. Y’all will just be living on cereal, ramen and hot dogs!

We’re a family of 6, not buying steaks and lobsters and stuff like that, and spend about $250 a week on groceries.

If you’re looking for ways to save on groceries, buy your meat in bulk at like Sams Club or Costco, break it up into smaller portions. See if your area has a “discount” grocery store. We have Lidl, Aldi and Save A Lot. Items for sides are cheaper at these kinds of stores.

3 Likes

We spend 300 no less on groceries

1 Like

Check out the Dollar stores for canned goods, pasta, and even T paper.

Price match and coupon but I still spend about 1000 month min for family of 5

Average $250 a week for a family of four and one puppy. That includes all household items too.

Family of 4 here… I spend anywhere from 150-270 a weeks.

I have to spend between $200 and $250 a week for grocery’s. We have 3 teenage boys and around here we only get maybe 3 bags of grocery’s for $100 if that!!

450_500 wk for 8 people

Not unless you garden and wildcraft heavily.

Too much for 3 kids 2 adults sometimes 3. I feel like I’m in the grocery store every other day spending at least 100. I need help too

Family of 5 and we spent like 300 a week.I have 3 boys and the two older ones eat me out of house and home

About $250 for groceries and household stuff for me 2 kids, and husband.

If you live somewhere where there is local livestock, buy a whole or half cow and have it butchered. Same with a pig. You will get all kinds of cuts, plus ground beef and sausage.
Of course you will need a large freezer, which you need anyway, having a family of six.
Here in southern Indiana, we have lots of farmers who offer up these butchered meats, and lots of families here save money by buying in bulk like this.

And don’t forget to shop Aldi or Sav A Lot if they are nearby!

Best wishes!

1 Like

Just for reference, the department of agriculture refers to a thrifty food plan, based on daily nutritional guidelines, which is for a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children, $835.57 a month. That is about $200 a week for 4. They have not adjusted it for the increases in food prices this past year. Note that this does not include what many include in their food budget, like dishwashing soap, napkins, paper towels, and other cleaning supplies. Food only!

1 Like

$250 for family of 5

$250/wk family of 5 (2 adults, 17yr, 8yr & 4yr old kids) in MI. We buy a 1/4 cow about twice a year.

It’s possible but it’ll take a lot of work. We have a local produce sale that happens every other Sunday that’s so so cheap! Like 5 cents and up to $1 and they get specialty items and all! I would go there and get what I could for the upcoming week, make that work as much as I could then shop for the following week other places but that’s 2 weeks a month. I go to my local west side market when I can and buy things that they are gonna throw away soon at discounts and prep and freeze that. I could get a flat of fruit for $15, sometimes even less, and my family loves to eat dried and frozen fruit so that was great. Buying meat in bulk was a big help. It’s expensive that trip but when I was doing it I could buy a package once every few of months and just pick up something here and there at the grocery store on sale. Again it’s a lot of work, when I was home I was doing all this and more, couponing, sale shopping at 5 stores, stockpiling, etc, plus going to sales and food drives too(that’s another big help, idk how long they’ll continue but most have no income restrictions or anything) but now that I’ve been working and volunteering more I just can’t keep up anymore with all that and what I’m trying to accomplish in my life to help more individuals coming from what I do. So I had to choose but sometimes it’s tough to spend as much as I do knowing it can be so much cheaper

I spend $300 to $400 a week for a family of 6 but I do grab whatever I want.

2 Likes

200-250 a week. Me+husband & 1 child

We spend about 300 a week for5 adults

200 for me and 2 boys. 13 yr old eats like a line backer and 11 yr eats like he has a tapeworm. I can’t afford to eat much myself

Every 2 weeks for my family of 5 we spend about 400-500

We spend $400 a week for family of 4 and that’s not for steak dinners or fancy. Grocery prices have tripled!!

2 Likes

Depends on the week with us. Some weeks we only have 100 to spend others we have 200. But Its definitely rough only having 100 to spend for 6.

Remember everyone’s total will be different based on where they live. I spend $300 in Michigan, in Alaska that would be closer to 900 probably.

2-300 a week family of 5, 2 adults, 4,3, 1.5)

100 a week isn’t realistic anymore. Just over a yr ago it would of been. But something has changed and can’t even get to work on a 100bucks in gas. May the odds be in your favor and good luck

1 Like

I’m probably hitting $400 a week with 2 adults 2 teen boys.

$200-$300 family of 5

Those of you struggling need to get a deep freezer and shop the grocery weekly sale ads. Buy extra on sale meat and freeze it. If you find a sale on milk somehow, it can be frozen even. Extra bread products can be frozen. Also helps to shop at Aldi and Walmart, getting the Walmart brand products.

1 Like

Anywhere from $500 - $800 a week for a family of 5. This includes any restaurants or ordering in.

1 Like

I just went shopping the other day for a family of six and spent $275. That’s on a good day considering there were no meats on sale to buy. But we can easily spend $600 or more a month. We spend $50 alone just on milk and half a half a month

$200-300 a week for a family of 3. That includes cleaning and hygiene products too.

1 Like

About $250 a week and that’s trying to be cheap. Sometimes we gotta do $150 and that’s basically the bare minimum of cheap meals.

1 Like

For a 100 a week I would stick to rice pasta beans cheap frozen veggies stuff like that. For a snack some popcorn kernels are cheaper then microwave bag ones. It’s me and my 2 kids I would say 150 for food a week

1 Like

I usually spend between 150 to 200 on 3 people…

1 Like

I try to keep it under 150$ a week

I spend on average $200 a week for groceries

Single mom of one 50 dollars a week

We spend, as a family of 4- $400-$450 each month. Sometimes our “months” between paydays are 4 weeks, some are 5.

I coupon heavily for hygiene and paper products. I teach classes on how to do this.

We do raise our own meat, eggs, and working toward dairy and fresh produce. So, we do spend money on animal feed and processing costs. However, I have two freezers that are full of meat. Pork, beef, chicken, deer, and a little fish. In town, you can still raise rabbits and quail as they are not considered livestock. Quail will provide meat and eggs. A lot of towns will even let you have a few hens for eggs.

I cook a lot from scratch and we do not keep “snacks” on hand. Buy in bulk ad much as you can. Learn to preserve your own food. Learn to forage. Did you know you can eat dandelions? Dip them in batter and fry them up- so yummy!

I’m more than happy to answer any questions that you or someone else may have- the quickest way to get a response is to message me.

2 Likes

I just spent a little over $100 just for 3 days worth of meals… and snacks for kids lunches

1 Like

For food only, we spend around $150-200 a week, we stock up especially on meat when we can. Get store brand, shopping at aldis cut our grocery bill in half from Walmart.

1 Like

300 for family of 6 a week

2 Likes

I’m usually about $300-$400 a week. House of 8 people. But I do one haul a month of nothing but meats. Then throughout the month I buy my extras.

Depends on the week really but about 40 bucks a week for myself

I spend 600 a month for a family of fpur

Buy a few more when things are on sale so you don’t have to pay the full price later, budget and meal plan around it and stick to it. Patatoes are inexpensive, you can make baked patatoes once a week, pasta is not too expensive either can include on the rotation each week, oatmeal, rice, beans and frozen veggies are cheap but filling.

1 Like

250 a week for a family of 4.

Depends on where you live… If you’re an unfortunate soul like me and live in New Brunswick Canada, $300-500 a friggen week…. Family of 6.

I spend over $600 a month for 2 adults,1 teenager and 1 kid.

Our family of 3 we spend about $200 a month, we buy pork chops (cheaper here 12 pack for $8) I separate them in freezer bags 2 a piece, we eat about 1-2 steak dinners not the expensive ones the cheapest ones, we eats corn,mashed taters, fried taters, greens, peas, baked beans, for our sides, eat sloppy joes, hamburgers we just rotate dinners, we have hot pockets pizza rolls TV dinners hot dogs fried bologna for lazy days when we don’t want to cook!

:rofl:…. $250-$300…. Family of 4, 2 more kids on the weekends only.

I spend about 300 every 2 weeks for my family of 4 (one being only on formula) :sweat_smile:

150-200 a week for a family of 7

Roughly $175 a week. Family of 4

Try living on long Island. Prices are outrageous. Family of 3 and a weekly trip to Walmart is at least 300 week.

1 Like

I don’t spend anything per week but I do spend about $600 per month for a family of 3. I found if I do all my shopping in bulk once a month I can make it last longer

Around $150 a week for a family of 7, but sometimes I go to the store twice a week

We spend at least 300 a week for a family of 6

1 Like

Good luck with that :joy: I have a family of 4. 2 adults, one 6 yo and a 1.5 year old and I go through over $650/mo

I spend around 100 on a family of 4 and there’s tons of left overs. I get two kinds of meats (whatever is on sale) and spend a few hours finding meals for lunch and dinner that fit those sale items

I spend from maybe 50-100 on food, maybe once a month. For a family of 3. When ever I’m going to make a specific meal. I have my bf run to the store for one item. If not we just improvise.
Meals I make.
Spaghetti
Frito pie
If we’re too lazy to cook we order out.

Family of 5 (3 teens) and I spend $450 to $500 every 2 weeks.

sometimes it more than what id like to spend i use to spend a little over a 100 every two weeks now its about every week for a family of 4 in home

Around 300 dollars a week 1 adult and 2 teenagers in maine

100 a week? Ramon noodles ?

4 Likes

I spend 160 to 200 a week for family of 3

Four kids- 1800 a month. We eat a lot of meat and carby foods

1 Like

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://bestincomejobs61.netlify.app/

I’m 250-300 a week for a family of 4 and that’s at Walmart.

1 Like

Utilize grocery pick up. You will see your total as you add to the cart, make swaps if needed and will not be tempted by the extras at the store. Make a meal plan and stick to it. Buy meats and veggies on sale, frozen veggies are often cheaper. Stock up on sale items you know your family will use. Utilizing rice, pasta, beans are good fillers, just find little ways to add nutritional value.
Maybe start smaller, reduce your current budget by $25, once you have that down lower a little more, and so on. Good luck.

3 Likes

For a family of 4 we spend about 200-250, I shop at Kroger and meal plan for two weeks. It use to be much cheaper for us before prices went up. Meat is a killer anymore.

1 Like

180 a week for a a family of 4

170-200 for a family of 5 :persevere:too crazy now

People are so rude. It’s hard times for a lot of people… it’s doable. It may be hard. But doable. I’d get a bunch of meat and some sides to make! Also pastas, bag of potatoes goes far, spaghetti is a cheap meal, tacos!

My kids are grown and moved out , so it’s just me and I spend about 90 a week , sometimes more for just MYSELF.
A hundred a week for a family of 6 is kind of crazy.

Well I wish I had solutions- I try to really plan and budget so if I am buying things we eat what we buy. I just roll found easy recipes but meat is outrageous. Groceries have gone up every week for the last month.

I spend 100 a week & I find meat on specials!

If you ever manage to do that, post your secrets.

3 Likes

Pasta, chicken, frozen veggies. Lots of cheap options that you can feed a family that size with $100 a week.

1 Like