How much do you pay your babysitter?

Question: How much do you pay your babysitter?? And how many kids? For example, if you have some errands to run and just have someone come and watch your kids for a few hours. Not daycare, just babysitters.

8 Likes

I paid mine $5 an hour and had food , drinks and snacks at babysitters house

5 Likes

$10/hour for one child (age 2)

3 Likes

Depends on their certifications as well…the more training (cpr,first aid, etc) the more i am willing to pay.

3 Likes

Really depends on your location. In the area I live in you can’t really find one for less than $15/hr for one child.

7 Likes

Depends where. When living down south Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma. Was a $10 hour for friends a simple $20 a day. Here in the city of Chicago they ask for $30 an hour and extra $10 per kid

1 Like

Definitely depends on where you live, the age of children and babysitter and if you require any thing else besides watching the kids. I’d pay my sitters more if they cleaned up after my kids. Big bonus

$10/hour is what I’ve done but that’s for a young teenager.

I would be willing to pay one $10hr but my sitter refuses to take it because we are always helping them out even when they aren’t needed to watch my little one :two_hearts:

$10/hour, plus +3 more per additional kid is what mine charges. I have 2 kids so its $13 bucks per hour. I expect my sitter to clean up after the children while they’re in their care…I dont expect any other services and if I do, like light tidying, I adjust pay for that and it’s been discussed before they start.

1 Like

When my son was 6 months to 2 yr old. I paid 25 a day and supplied everythibg. He went to a daycare place and it was 125 a week. No matter what. They supplied meals anx snacks all the art stuff and app access to get updates and pictures. When he started kindergarten he went back to the sitter and it is 5 for pick up and drop off. 10 to watch him after school so it ends to 75 a week. If school is out then it is 20 for that day.

1 Like

I pay my older kids after so many times with something they need or really want. If they are friends’ kids it’s 10-12/hr (3 kids 7, 4 & 2)

I didn’t ask for it but my in-laws gave me $100 a week. Grant you I usually only watch my nephew 1 day a week sometime 2. I usually have him for roughly 24 hours on average. So with that math it’s roughly $4/hr. However, I love the time I get with my nephew and I would of done it for free but they insisted on paying. They provide the food and diapers. However, I feed him what I’m eating as well. He is 2.

We have a college girl nanny for us, during school hours she watches 2yr old then after school our 5, 9 and 11 yr old so 4 kids - we pay her $11.50/ hour.
She picks them up from school, takes them to after school activities, picks up house, helps w homework etc. When she has all 4 kids its only $2.88 per kid.
She watches them about 20 hrs a week. Also our states minimum wage right now $9.10

$28/day for my 2yr old

If it’s a good babysitter with cpr cert I’d pay $10/hour

Rediculous what people charge. I charge 3 bucks an hour for one kid, sometimes cheaper with two siblings

Care.com has a babysitter rate on their website done by zipcode, in San Diego County it ranges $13-$30 hourly depending. Most won’t work for below $15 hourly. In Del Mar minimum usually $18 hourly. This is for babysitter not nanny. I’m a babysitter I charge $15 hourly flat, doesnt matter # of kids I’ve worked with families with 1-4 kids not including my own . I’m a mom also so I do bring my kids, I worked for a family for 2 years and stayed at the same rate no raise, I loved the family so it wasnt an issue but most babysitters expect a raise after a certain amount of time. It just varies on your area, services provided, and hours.

Depends on how many kids. I’d say $10 an hour for a kid. Then if you have more than one kid, I’d add a few dollars to that for each one.

I was paid $25 a day

It depends where you live, city or rural and what the cost of living is.

I charge $15 an hour for babysitting (no matter how many kids)
Or if a set schedule like 8-5 mon-fri I would charge $100-$150 a week depending if I was providing meals or not per child. And add and extra $50 per child (if I am to include meals)

I’m CPR/first aid certified and have credentials in pre-k teaching. I charge $20/day per kid when I babysit.

1 Like

I paid 15 dollars for half a day or 30 for a full day

I watched 4 kids for 15 dollars a day

Im lucky and bless 40 bucks.a week

I have 2 children if my babysitter is here for a few hours she’s super happy with 10$ , I give her 25$ for an 8 hour day. We live in Canada.

Y’all will pay more for your coffee than you will someone to watch human beings :flushed: just saying oh lord.

8 Likes

Daycare was $40 a day for one kid but included food 830-430 (I also live in a big city so idk)

Some of y’all are ripping people off…they’re watching your CHILDREN. Pay them more.

4 Likes

I’m paying 12 and hour to watch both my kids ages 6 and 7… I feel like I should add that shes fresh out of high school and shes only watching the kids for 2-3 hours max

Geez, I used to babysit in my teen years (15-20 years ago) and back then I charged $10 an hour. I can’t believe people are paying people UNDER that now!

1 Like

I used to pay for someone to watch mine. For one child a full day $40 for two she charged $70

£10 then £20 if its after 10pm thats for the no more than 5 hours thats 3 kids tho thats family iv never asked outside family to babysit

Where the hell do y’all live I looked for a sitter one time they were all at least 15 an hour so my mom keeps them
Or I don’t go anywhere without them lol

When I was 12 I thought $20 a kid xs3 was good money.

My babysitter charged $20 a day. Usually it’d be like $100 a week but i only worked like 4-5 hours usually

$30 a day for two kids.

We pay 12 an hour to watch the kids (1 & 2 year old). This seems to be the going rate in our area.

$10hr for teenager to watch

1 kid 9hrs i get 30 a day