How can I go about getting a DNA test if the other party refuses?

Court the court will make him get it if child is his then he will pay for it as well and if not the xourt will pay if he don’t go to the DNA appointment he will have a weren’t out for his arrest.

1 Like

You apply for TANF or FAP through your local DHHS office. You put down who the father is of said child you’re looking for support for. They’ll ask if paternity has been established. If not, they’ll pay for a DNA test or charge the father. Depends on what state you live in I’ve found .

Court. They will make him

You go through the courts.

1 Like

Go to court and request they help. If that doesn’t work get creative

I think it is Judge Lake Paternity Court. Can contact them online and if you can get on the show it is free and I think they get money

Social Services if you are on welfare as they will go after the father. Idaho was vicious with deadbeats

1 Like

Children should be a mutual agreement you chose to go through with the pregnancy and keep the baby he didn’t want :woman_shrugging:t4: I don’t understand how women can do this… men have no rights when in this situation and it’s not fair.
If he doesn’t want to claim your child… you support the child it was :100: ur decision to go through till the end.
Having sex does not mean a 18 year financial commitment

File for child support thru the attorney generals office. They will contact him and set a court date. If he refuses or is a no show it’s an automatic admission of paternity and they will issue a warrant for his arrest and contact his employer to start automatic withdraws from his wages. Same goes with the mother if the father has custody. There are ways to go about it and it is a process but stick to your guns and be patient. PS. make sure when you file for support you also establish custody and visitation at the same time.

2 Likes

You don’t need a test. go see a lawyer. file papers for child support and paternity., If he wants to prove it’s not his child, he will need to do the test or pay support. He doesn’t really have the kind of power you are giving him.

4 Likes

In MN when you start a child support case if it’s not documented already who the father is they do DNA testing. Not exactly sure how it all works or what happens 1st, 2nd, and so forth but I do know that. Hope it helps somewhat.

1 Like

Just file for child support, name him as the dad, it’s that simple. Do it online, it’s super easy and quick!

Just Fill out a form and the state will go after him.

File for it. The DNA test is for him to show its not his if he wants out of child support. Not required for you to start it.

If the child already has his name on the birth certificate they are legally responsible. Otherwise if not take him to court and have it ordered by the judge.

You go thru department of social services and they’ll get a judge to force it

Court is the way to go. If he refuses to do the test they’ll put him up there anyway. If he doesn’t help still you can address it again