How can I go about getting a DNA test if the other party refuses?

How can I go about getting child support from a person who refuses to do a DNA test or claim his child? I know the child is his and so does he…but he refuses to get a DNA test so i can start the process of getting child support because he doesnt want to help me…what do i do?

105 Likes

File for child support the court will make it happen

7 Likes

I know sometimes if you file, the judge will require it. So file the paperwork, then go from there.

4 Likes

You file child support they make him do it

11 Likes

The state will force him to take one after you file.

5 Likes

Go thru the states child support. They’ll make him take it

5 Likes

Get a court ordered paternity test

1 Like

Take him to court and let the court fight with him

Court, they’ll charge them with contempt. Or deem them the father without DNA. They can even subpoena his close family, parents or siblings and do DNA that way.

1 Like

If you file he will either havw to acknowledge the child or dp a dna. He doesnt have a choice.

Depending on state laws

Court order probably? If you have reason to believe they are the father of said child and have the proof that he was the only one that you did business with and conceived. Then that may be your only way.

Child support won’t make them do it. You have to get a court order.

1 Like

File for support and let the court order the test.

2 Likes

You go to court and he gets summonsed and he gets forced to go and do a DNA test and then once if he is the father they will go after him for child support to make him pay back for the test if he is not you’ll be responsible for the test

2 Likes

Only way is a court order

Take him to court. They can order him to take the test,

You can’t do anything but file the papers and let the courts handle his childish a$$! :woman_shrugging:

In MT you file and they pay unless they contest with a dna test

Depending on state laws in South Dakota if he signed a paternity affidavit then you don’t need a blood test

Dhs who helped me…but usually court be to start…but dhs forced my kids dad

Let the court handle it you’ll get farther with the DNA

Once you request child support they will track him down and order a dna test. Let them worry about that

1 Like

You file for support and the court will then give him the option of admitting paternity or getting a DNA test

Take him to court for child support they will test him

Apply for welfare benefits and they will court order him to comply.

2 Likes

File for tanf he automatically pays u child

1 Like

File with child support and they will make him do a dna test

2 Likes

Go get child support. They will do the DNA test, and if he denies it, they can get a court order for it.
Cs helped me to do that too, I couldn’t find my bd. He got a court summons lol.

4 Likes

About the child support they last for his information he cannot deny doing a DNA test. Well I mean I guess he could but it’s only going to cause huge problems for him and they’ll probably put a order on him if he denies anyway.

Child support will serve him and he will have no choice but to get the dna done and start the process of child support all you have to do is file for child support and let them know the situation but you need to know that will then give him rights to the child so if you don’t want that I would leave it be

2 Likes

File for child support/visitation, an acknowledgment of paternity has to be signed either by the dad or they will order a dna test

I’d leave his crusty ass alone and do it myself. He sounds like more problems than he’s worth in either of your life’s. I’ve taken this road myself.

If you feel the need, you can have it court ordered. However, from experience, just because they are ordered to pay it doesn’t mean they will. I’ve seen plenty of people say they’re thousands behind. He might go to jail but he can’t pay it from there either so the easiest thing is just to say “adios”. If he doesn’t want anything to do with the child it’ll be easier on the child if you don’t try to force him to be around or anything.

3 Likes

Go get welfare, county Attorney will call you in and man will be supeoned to take DNA test if you list him as father.

1 Like

Court will order it just file for child support. He will be made to give up his dna

5 Likes

File for child support he will have to give sample to prove he isn’t the father.

2 Likes

go file for cs and he will be ordered to take DNA

2 Likes

You apply for child support he can contest it if he does he has to do a DNA test

6 Likes

Just filed for child support office, court will order a dna test. 

4 Likes

Most states will tequire one from him legally once you apply for child support. Ie the government will require it and he doesnt get a choice

1 Like

If you go file for it they’ll make him do it he won’t have a choice they’ll make it court ordered.

5 Likes

Sad to say my son was the same way. He married a girl that was 6 mo’s pregnant not his child and she didn’t like the idea he had a baby coming a month after she was due. I told my granddaughters mom to take him to court . Judge order a DNA Test. . Yes it came back as his child . That was 18 years ago.

3 Likes

You have to go to the friend of the court and file a petition. I would recommend a lawyer.

Waste your money in court proving he’s the father to get maybe 2,3, 400 a month, maybe… and then continue to deal with this person even more, and having to Hassle them bc they still won’t pay the child support. Or just accept you got pregnant by a loser, get him to sign over his rights as a father. Get a job and take care of your child and hopefully you’ll meet a man worth being with and he’ll help you raise your child and help take care of you both and you’ll have a small happy family.

4 Likes

Is he allowed to see this child at all?

Go to child support office give all your information fathers name address Social Security Number place of employment Ect they will handle everything else my cousin just went through this

3 Likes

best thing would be is to get a court order , this way he can’t say no to that !

1 Like

Go to probate/family court. They will make him take the test, or he can face jail time, fines, & hafta pay back support… at least in my state…

2 Likes

Consult with an attorney. Take him to court, the court will order him to get a dna

The court will order it if he fails to show up they’ll just say OK no blood test it’s your child depends on what state you’re into though I think

2 Likes

Lenny on Law and Order would somehow do surveillance and if he spit, left a hair w/bulb on end or threw away a straw, cup, etc. Use gloves and retrieve and run for dna.
But I’d probably do what the others said

2 Likes

The courts will force him to

2 Likes

File for child support , then he can do DNA test to prove he is or isn’t. Let the law decide

10 Likes

Court order and each pay half or sometimes judge makes the one requesting pay all

the state can force him or hold him in contempt…

2 Likes

File through the court. He won’t have a choice. :woman_shrugging:t2:

File for child support… the court will force him to get one

1 Like

You can’t force him but once you file child support the court can

2 Likes

Get courts involved . They will make him

1 Like

File for government assistance like a food or wic program. List him when they ask who is the father and they will handle it from there!

1 Like

In pa , in order to get support you gave to have either a dna test or a signed AOP. They’ll send out paternity paperwork with a testing date. If the person doesn’t show for that or court , after a few times a judge will automatically make him the father and they can set an order then

Yup agree with others. File child support and they will force him to take test.

1 Like

Start the process without him. He’ll see you in court.

2 Likes

Court will order it once you file for child support. Some states if it is his he has to pay the cost then n if it isn’t u would have to pay the cost.

2 Likes

Start the process they will request one. Or apply for assistance and they will also request one.

2 Likes

In Illinois you just file and they will serve him. He can deny the child is his or question it and the court will order a DNA test. He would be in contempt of the court if he doesn’t do it. Did he sign the birth certificate by chance? If so then it is automatic….no DNA test would be required

1 Like

It can be court ordered. Child support division will make him take it. If he refuses he will be deamed the father and you’ll automatically get support. My son went through this.

Any text messages, voicemails or calls can help

1 Like

File, court will summon him… If he doesn’t go he gets a warrant and jail, and they will do it there… In tx anyways.

2 Likes

If u have contact with close family u can use his parents or siblings dna to prove they are related. I almost had to use my daughter’s grandmother because her father didn’t want his new girlfriend to know he had another kid

1 Like

He cant refuse if u file for child support. He will either pay without testing or test either way they’ll make him do it

2 Likes

You go to court and get it ordered that he take the dna test

1 Like

It can be ordered from the court. He’ll go to jail if he refuses.

5 Likes

Petition the court for child support, they will do a DNA if he wants it. Went through this with one of my daughters

2 Likes

You file for child support through the court. He will be given so many days to arrange a paternity test. If he doesn’t hell be in contempt. You have to follow through though. I didn’t. I just let it go. I didn’t want anything from him anyway.

Contact legal aid. They will help you work through the legal system

U can call the department of social services and they will get the dna test for you and make him come take it. I live in Virginia and that is what I did.

2 Likes

I think a court could order it

1 Like

Go through the court file for child support and if he denies your child they will demand him take a DNA test.

1 Like

It’s probably just best if you don’t even try to be honest with you in the past six years I have not received a dime from my oldest boys dad and they do not even keep in contact with him and child support says supposedly if he didn’t pay he would go to jail but that never happened either :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Apply for government assistance. They will get him.

1 Like

Take him to court. They’ll make him.

Go through Department of Human Resources or Child development and let them know you want child support. They will direct you in the right spot and force him to take a DNA test…
Or take him to court and request one that way

The attorney general will.

1 Like

After you file the courts will order one if he is not on the birth certificate and then he will have to go our face charges

1 Like

File with the court, they will make him or he will be in contempt

1 Like

Just file thru the state. They will send paperwork that will force him to go. That’s what I had to do

1 Like

Just lodge the paperwork without his signature. They have a time frame for making him take the test and payments get backdated. So lodge it ASAP

1 Like

Tabitha Griffin absolutely right

Pull his hair out from the root!

2 Likes

It’s all depends on what state you live in. Each state has different laws

Take him to court and the judge will order it

2 Likes

If he ever been on probation go there they can send it to court

Go to court
They will demand it

Go through DES. They will court order it, I had it done that way.

Court and if he doesn’t show he will be deemed the father and a order will be put in place.

File for state help. Known as ktap in my area. They’ll hunt him down and make him to paternity.

I would say that although laws are different in each state, you need to petition the court to get a court ordered DNA test. At that point, he cannot refuse

4 Likes

My court ordered one but he refused to do any or show up to court so they deemed him father and moved on with the process

1 Like