How can I get my 2-year-old to behave in church?

He’s two. He is a boy . Let him be. He will understand eventually.

But oj Simpson is free. :ok_hand:

Training starts at home.

How about not taking him to church🤦🏽‍♀️ or see if they have a baby daycare there they should🤷🏽‍♀️

Dont take him to church???

Sounds like you need a new church

Don’t force him to go. He doesn’t need to be in church anyway. Let him decide his path.

9 Likes

I disagree with the spanking, too. You don’t need to do that to a baby. He doesn’t need to fear you on top of everything else. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I give mine some biscuitts and cookies makes her mouth busy munching for awhile😉

Good luck. On a side note… jesus never minded

Have him take a nap before church.

Most churches have a nursery.

1 Like

Soundless toys, I don’t attend church. But while my daughter was small I would bring along just a couple, she could only have them when I needed her to be a little more quiet. I emphasize only during that time, not before not after then it loses value to them. Bows and ribbons from gifts was always her favorite also she enjoyed coloring. But as far as the people just smile & wave at them💞

Don’t you just love it when you are at church and people judge you. He’s a 2 year old idk of any 2 year old who can sit through anything my son is 18 months and there’s no way he could could sit through church. If there’s a nursery take him there talk to someone and see if your church has one.

6 Likes

If people are judging you or your 2 year old at church you need to find a different church to attend. People usually let the young kids be cute and help a mom out.

1 Like

You church doesn’t have a nursery or a room where parents can go to let their children play when they’re “busy” or restless and the parents can watch or listen to the word. If not maybe you can be the person to suggest or start these things at your church

I sometimes left the youngest at home and took the older two. But when I brought them all, I had snack bags, juice, books to look at and a couple of toys. The promise of a reward if he was good worked - sometimes. lol

Exactly why I dont go to church. Who wants to sit in a room of people who have the audacity to make remarks about a 2yr old acting two!!!
How Christian of them…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Toys, phone/ iPad to watch cartoons, or snacks… but in all honesty, it’s only a temporary fix. Your child is 2 years old… 2 year olds are active. I was like that, but the difference is… my pastor would encourage me when my son did his own thing. He would be preaching or talking and would throw in “ it’s alright let him be, and how he’s being raised in the church, “ (I think he would say something because he would see me trying to calm my son down) The congregation have always been so supportive. They smile and play with him, and they’ve never complained or even given me a side eye. My mom always tell me they just understand because we all were young once and they most likely went through the same thing with their child/children. Find you a church home who accepts that your child is a child :heart:.

In our old country church, we let the kids run around and play until adult services started and then they went to Sunday school in the back. People mumbling under their breath about kids running around? Mama, you’re at the wrong church.

I have the same thing with my 3 yr old she constly wonts to be on the go but daren’t risk taken her to church while she like this

School take her on school hours for a bit

But i was also told some church’s have a little play area for kids to do activies while older kids nd parents can go into church

Take him too the nursery, and before worship starts let him color on paperbot look at a game on your phone.

Find a church that lets kids worship their way running and playing and with accepting understanding people. If they mumble under their breath about your kid your in the wrong church family JMO

1 Like

You could try taking something for him to do or take a little snack. That’s what I did with my 3 older ones and will with my other 2 when they get old enough. Not saying it always works but definitely worth a shot and like the others said if all else fells there is always nursery, but nobody should make any remarks, you just keep doing your best and eventually it will start getting better😊

IVE BEEN TO A LOT OF CHURCHES.never heard anyone make remarks about a baby.ITS THE PEOPLE THAT HAS KIDS 8 OR 10 YEARS OLD.CRAWLING UNDER THE SEATS… ROLLING CARS IN THE ILLAS.TALKING AN RUNNING IN AN OUT.PARENTS JUST ACT LIKE OK. TRUST ME GO TO CHURCH ITS NOT THE BABYS . ITS TEENAGERS AN ADULTS ON THE PHONES…

1 Like

Do they have a nursery? I loved the nursery when my kids where small

That’s what the church nursery is for. If they have one

1 Like

Kids will be kids, ignore the ignorant muttering which i know is hard trust me, there’s too much of this, unnecessary commenting and no support.

children’s church or the nursery??

1 Like

He should be able to go to the church nursery and play while your in church

Try a different time.
Bring snacks & toys.
Sit on the aisle so he can get up.
Go a little early or stay a little late so he can explore

Sounds mighty xtian of people to talk shit on a young child. I’d tell them shove their bible where the sun don’t shine.