Has anyone tried the helmet on their kids

a flat spot on her head to query torticollis which she does not have. We have been doing everything PT has recommended, increased tummy time, frequent repositioning and changing positions while awake. We frequently change her position from her bumbo, to jumper to swing and playpen and her playmat for tummy time. I have been taking pictures throughout the months to closely monitor it but I feel so bad because even though her head shaped has improved, there still is a slight flat spot at the back of her head and I feel so discouraged. Had anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else tried the helmet? Does anyone know when does it usually even out? Thank you in advance!!!

1 Like

Recommend you take your child to a chiropractor who specializes in infants and children. Often times they also specialize in pregnancy care. It’s amazing how the different bones in the baby’s head should be flexible to seat and grow properly. As a midwife I have seen these highly skilled chiropractors address this and so many other childhood issues.

So worth it! My sweet girl had it for 6 months and I wish the dr would’ve recommend it for my son since he’s 6 and he’s still has a flat spot that they said would go away and it’s unfortunately very noticeable.
At birth she went to a chiropractor and although by 4-6 months it was better it wasn’t good enough. She wore the helmet from 6 months and got it off right before her 1st birthday :partying_face:

Our doctor said that my lil one will have a flat spot until she is about 2 and it will go away on its own. I switched positions all the time and it didn’t seem to help much. She is now 7 months old and she still has a flat spot but it hasn’t ever worried me because the doctor wasn’t worried.

Those things are annoying but WORTH IT!!