Can I sue my dentist for canceled appointments?

I have a question. I don’t know if anyone can answer this or not. I won’t name the dentist but I’m wondering if I can sue or get something out of this situation. The last time I was seen was in September. They constantly canceled appointments where I was supposed to have dental work (root canals). I have been in pain for a year now with this toothache. My next appointment is in November (they don’t care I’m supposed to have a cleaning every 6 months I guess). Can I do anything legally about this? They gave me antibiotics a while back for 2 weeks which I thought then they were going to do the root canal but of course kept canceling my appointments. I have tried going out of town but everyone has told me they either aren’t taking new patients or they don’t take my insurance.

6 Likes

Drive a bit further if need be, this is absolutely ridiculous on your part. Sounds like you’re just out to make some extra cash. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

12 Likes

Did y’all not read where she has tried going out of town, but either they aren’t accepting new patients or don’t take her insurance? I mean it sounds like she’s done what she can. They should have a reason for cancelling her and shouldn’t take that long to finally get her in. I would definitely be asking to talk to who runs the practice

4 Likes

My question is, why would you fight to see a dentist who clearly does not want to see you? Your dentist should care about you, not try to keep you away.

9 Likes

Find another dentist. If you are unable to get into a private practice then go to a cooperate dentist. You are usually able to be seen quickly and they take most insurances at cooperate dentist offices

Too many dentist out there all you have to do is find a new one. SMH

1 Like

Call 5he dentist board in your state and have them investigate

I don’t think there is anything legal you can do.
My suggestion to you is yo find a health center with a dentist office near you! People look down on them, but I absolutely LOVE my dentist there, and it’s a fraction of the cost!

Call your insurance. They have lists available and can give you a new dentist option. It should never take this long to have a root canal done, it’s usually the patient canceling these types or apts!

3 Likes

I had this problem with my dentist. I ended up threatening to report them to my insurance. I made it known that it isn’t fair that I can be punished for canceling appointments but they can do it constantly. They got me in pretty quickly after that. I ended up changing dentist anyway because I wasn’t happy with them.

2 Likes

Why are you still trying to see this dentist?

Call your insurance, let them know the dates that you had it schedule and the actual number of times they’ve cancelled/rescheduled you. (Them doing this to you will actually cause your insurance to pay out more because of additional damage not fixing the problem has caused). Your insurance will either step in and or give you a list of dental offices in your area that do take your insurance. Another option is to ask your insurance if there is an Emergency Dental Care facility in your area. Given the fact that you most likely have an abscess or infection from the needed root canal, that may be another option for you.

1 Like

A judge would prob tell you that you should have found a different dentist

1 Like

Get a new dentist. You do have the power to choose your dentist. You can’t sue. Stuff happens, cancelations happen.

Get a new dentist u can’t sue over them canceling

Uhhhh… doesn’t sound like a court issue. Find another dentist, report them to their licensing board

Prayers for you in Jesus mighty name Amene