Can an attorney help me with this?

Why did you let him have it? Smh

3 Likes

ummm no one can force u to do ANYTHING

1 Like

If you never called the cops and reported the card stolen, they won’t do anything because you gave it willingly to him.

10 Likes

Get a lawyer, they will advise you on how to handle this and the banks have good cameras everywhere for proof. Try and be more careful when choosing future husband’s :wink::wink:

Yes. You can. Go get him. Nobody touches the card but the kid to have things

You call and cancel the card and have another one sent to you not him. By force did he hold a gun to your head? Not trying to be rude but how did your ex force you to do this because a gin would be the only way mine got my card.

Nope, your sol unfortunately. The way the court will see it is you gave him the card and you gave him the pin. You should of called the police when it happened.

3 Likes

You gave him the card and had to give him the pin. That’s on you and your out that money. You can’t even accuse him of stealing it at that point either. Maybe learn a lesson from this and hope for the best in the future.

4 Likes

You said he was doing this for months, why didn’t you inform child support bureau or cops then?

4 Likes

Cancel the card. Have a new one issued to you. And consider the other money gone. You gave him the card. So unless you have evidence it was under duress not much you can do unfortunately.

13 Likes

I’m going to assume there’s abuse somewhere here, why else would you willingly hand it over? Go to the police.

6 Likes

Let him keep the card. Get a new one and change pin. Never give it to him. Let him call cops or what ever he is a POS for doing that.

2 Likes

EPO. Wtf? :joy: tell that man to quit being a bum

Wait so yall divorced or split first then he got ordered to pay child support, he paid child support then came over every month and took it back by asking for the card to use and you let him? Why in God’s name would you allow that, unless you were trying to reconcile with him? If it was forced I have a hard time believe that because you were already split up had to be living separately to get the order, why wouldn’t you have called the police when it first happened?

1 Like

Make a police report about it then have your attorney be in contact with the police so he can get the proof they have on him taking it off

Talk to your lawyer they should be able to help you out an next time call the cops on him don’t give him nothing. He just frauded the system.

1 Like

You gave it to him!!!

6 Likes

T his doesn’t make sense. Why would you give him the card and pin to begin with??

6 Likes

You gave him the pin, you gave authorization. No they can’t.

5 Likes

unless…he went with you to the ATM and the camera there picked up anything on him showing he was forcing you.

1 Like

So fuc***cancel the card. Order a new one. How hard is that?

8 Likes

Wtf is a child support card?

3 Likes

Cal and cancel the card and get a new one.

1 Like

You gave it to him. Nothing to prove there. You gave him back his money. Stop giving it to him. Cancel the card get a new one and don’t give it. Lol. How hard is that?

14 Likes

Sorry every month you receive child support of over 1200, it gets sent to something you call a child support card, what’s a child support agency? You would have had to willingly give him the pin to use an ATM which is against bank policy and if he went to a teller he would have been denied to withdraw money from an account not in his name. It’s not fraud or theft of you are willing participating in him receiving the money your supposed to receive. I have a hard time believing and following this story. Unfortunately his job is to pay child support. He’s not responsible for what you chose to do with the money once you receive it even if it gets returned to him. If you contacted the bank to report fraud they would find you at fault I’m assuming family court is going to have similar issues. You’re chosing to take care of your ex above your child. There’s no indication in your post that this is domestic related but if it is again when you have a child your responsibility is to take care of that child I don’t care if it’s your ex, your family or god if you feel you or your child is in an unsafe situation you call the police. There’s a child involved you have a lot of growing up and maturing to do.

3 Likes

Sadly you should not have given him the card if its in your name.

Child support card? Wild!

1 Like

You gave him the card or at least allowed him to have access to it along with the pin number. The judge will probably laugh at you if you actually think you can do anything about that now.

1 Like

How does one force you to give them your card and pin?

You call the child support office tell them you lost the card and they will cancel it and send a new one. I wouldn’t have giving him the card I the first place though. My ex could threaten me with anything and I still wouldn’t, let him try to act on his threats. He will go to jail. I have 0 issue with that. :woman_shrugging:t3:
You gave him the card and gave him the pin. So technically you allowed him to have control of the money.

5 Likes

What is forced. Did he take you there n have a gun to your head. I don’t understand

7 Likes

If he went to an ATM machine they would have cameras on the ATM machines. You have to contact the office to issue the card and have them contact the banks for the transactions were done.

Sounds to me like no one here understands how an abused spouses mind works and has never dealt with it.

15 Likes

Your attorney can get those recordings from the bank if he’s on camera. That was really foolish of you…why would you give him the card? Sounds like your both commiting some kind of fraud or you made a deal with him you now want to go back on. Not very smart. Just cancel that card and get a new one

3 Likes

You allowed it not only once but multiple times.You may have to take that money as a loss.

3 Likes

You let him so it likely won’t matter. Is how they will likely see it. Bring it up anyway so they can help it stop happening.

1 Like

Did you call child support and ask for a new card so he couldn’t take the $ off of the card?

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:
Girl call and get new one period
Do not give it to him period
If he forces the issue walk
Keep putting up with it your choice

2 Likes

The atm he used will have video of him using the atm and a log of the card/account/amount withdrawn with time/date/transaction number to match against the video footage. An attorney can get a subpoena from the bank for these records.

3 Likes

We don’t know the whole story but people these days need to have more compassion.

See if she said she was still in a relationship with him and said he was beating her up every single person in here would be saying leave him and trying to protect this woman. But because she has handed over the card because he in some way is still in control everyone has the nerve to pick on this poor woman.

My advice is go to your lawyer and speak with them. Explain the situation. Then go to your bank cancel the card but also see if you could get any footage of him at the bank or ATMs cause they all have cameras with time and dates…
Good luck

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t think there’s much you can do as you gave him the ATM card. I know that with abusive former spouses it does feel like you need to give them what they ask for. You’ve been conditioned to follow his commands for years. Unfortunately, The law doesn’t always side with the abused spouse. Usually the judge will note that you gave him the card and that will be the end of it. If you are very lucky you may get an empathetic judge however, your former spouse can lie and say that you gave it willingly. This is a real slippery slope as far as legal aspects go. I would go to the bank and either change the card or change the password and be sure you never give it back to him. Make sure your lawyer is aware of what happened and that might help your case for custody. All the best to you.

I’m curious have any of you commenting that she gave him the card been in a DV situation before? She said he forced her so that could be physically or even threatening violence against her or someone else. I would definitely speak to your lawyer about this, I unfortunately think you won’t get too far but I wish you all the best with that and everything else.

1 Like

I highly doubt he forced you to give him the card. You were just stupid and gave it to him & now you want him to stop. You can’t get the money back that you willingly gave to him to use. Plus if had forced you to give him the card when he left with the card you could of called police & you didn’t.

4 Likes

He didn’t force you and no there is no way to prove he didn’t have your permission since you gave him the card AND pin

2 Likes

Prolly not. You allowed him to take it and keep it.

1 Like

Cancel it say u lost it or was stolen

4 Likes

If you gave it to him there’s not much they’ll do. That was your money.

2 Likes

Your attorney and bank statements should prove this

1 Like

First of all how did he “force” you to give him the card? Why not file a report then and there?

2 Likes

Why would you give your x your card ?
And how did he force you …
Seems kinda weird

4 Likes

You should definitely talked to your lawyer so see what he/she can do or advise

2 Likes

Yes. Tell your attorney. They can subpoena the bank for ATM camera footage. 

5 Likes

If he used an ATM it’s on surveillance video.

1 Like

He cannot force you to do anything…

4 Likes

I will always continue to share my testimonials about Mrs Rochelle’s business platform. I see this platform as the right company.

He didn’t force you. Unless he took it without your knowledge or physically removed it from your person he did not force you to do anything. And unless you have physical proof providing a valid reason to fear not giving it to him, I highly doubt anyone is gonna show up in court and say he forced you to do jack. Imo but Goodluck hope someone can help and WHY haven’t you called the office to report it stolen if you truly didn’t want him using it. Sounds like some petty ish to me so that is all I have to say.

4 Likes

How did he force you :thinking:

1 Like

Cancel card and get new one

3 Likes

Well, the first question is going to be how he forced you to hand it over. After that answer, it depends.

4 Likes

So many people saying “How did he force you?” Are y’all serious? Do you guys know how many abusive people are out there? Especially SOs and exs! After I broke up with my ex, I was scared to make any move in fear of him coming after me. He went to prison for 4 months for putting a knife to my dads throat and that’s when I left him but I was still always very fearful of my life and my loved ones lives. Abuse and stuff happens way too often and we don’t know her situation. She asked a question so how about try to answer that instead of doing what you’re doing.
Yes I would talk to your lawyer about it and find anything you can to prove it.

7 Likes

Unless he put a gun to your head and “made” you hand it over, you have no leg to stand on.

4 Likes

I would have hand d him the card and reported stolen the second he walked out the door. I would have made a police report.

5 Likes

Wow absolutely shocked and disgusting by the amount of people going at this poor lady, she asked for help not to be brought down by your guys comments. Bring it up to your lawyer see what they may recommend and if you have the transaction on your statements go to the bank see if you can get security footage, best of luck.

11 Likes

Those cards can be accessed via app. They can show every transaction made on it.

1 Like

Abuse is not just physical, it is also mental. Mental çan be worse in many ways and is masked by fake words .

7 Likes

The bank should be able to

1 Like

I’m confused. You have an attorney, yet you didn’t notify anyone about your card being used by the ex to get the child support back?!?! You say ‘every month’, how long have you allowed this without reporting it? Sorry hun, this doesn’t add up.

4 Likes

Um he can’t force you to do anything … Yes a lawyer can help with that…

3 Likes

Why would you give it to him- knowing darn well what he was doing with it,

3 Likes

I can’t believe there are actually people laughing at this :confused:

3 Likes

Wait… He is paying child support and then taking it back??

2 Likes

The bank should be able to help your attorney. Maybe get ahold of stop domestic violence and explain to them he used intimidation. They might be able to help also.

3 Likes

how did he get the card? was it child support payments he was making, then taking back? or child support you were getting from someone else? a lawyer should be able to help i’d think, but i don’t know how child support cards work so i’m not sure a bank could help unless it’s an actual account and he’s not just using any old ATM to withdraw the money. a bank may have video of him making those withdrawals though if you know exactly what dates it was done

When he asked for it, why didn’t you say you lost it? :thinking:

5 Likes

Change to a different account

Call and report the card lost or stolen. And, yes talk to an attorney.

1 Like

Report stolen. Then they can track the spenditures before it gets shut off. He can be charged for misdemeanor or felony depending on the amount he takes out. The ATM or at the stores used will have CCTV to sew who used the card. Press charges. Don’t back down

He shouldn’t have the pin to your card which is what the bank will tell you. I am so sorry your going through this :disappointed:

1 Like

Forced? So he put a gun to your head?

2 Likes

Bank records could show that and your attorney should be able to access it through a court order

2 Likes

Yes you can get help with that

That’s a felony charge! Banks /atms have cameras in them. My ex husband got identity theft , unauthorized transactions etc like 5 fenloy charges for one transaction. If he has done this multiple times. He is facing serious time.

Call the cops and have his dead beat ass locked up

you gave him the card and didn’t call the police after or called the bank they won’t do anything for you.

3 Likes

Forced? That’s a pretty strong word!

1 Like

Go to child support and change your details. Get a new bank account or something and do not give him the card. That money is for the children. Not him.

4 Likes

there has to be more to this story. were you guys saying you weren’t together to get benefits and they forced him to go on support. and then he was taking the money back.

4 Likes

You handed it over nobody could force you you chose your mistake your choice

4 Likes

He forced you wow that would be the day

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t believe you can do anything about the amount that was lost to him because you gave him the card. But you report the card stolen now and go from there. I think the money though is not going to be able to be fought for.

4 Likes

ATM cameras don’t lie

2 Likes

There are cameras at the ATM and around the bank… make a police report and show it to your lawyer

7 Likes

This is something my ex would’ve done. I don’t think there’s anything you can do since you gave him the card & the PIN. You should’ve reported it stolen with the police immediately. I understand though. These abusive men can intimidate us into doing things. Right now call the card company & report it missing. Ask for a new card. If he takes the card from you again report it stolen immediately. Put up cameras in & around your home. Keep a journal of stuff he does.

5 Likes

Im sorry but there isn’t enough information here.something is fishy…Sarah Diveley

2 Likes

Is he physically abusive? Make a police report for theft through coercion and report it as theft and then take that paperwork to the judge

6 Likes

The bank should have all the records of withdrawals & deposits!

Seems a bit fishy. Florida I can see this happening in southeast USA states.

You can help yourself with this°°° Grow a pair for your kid!!!

4 Likes

How exactly did he force you? How long has he been doing this? Do you have tangible proof that you are able to provide? Why didn’t you report the card stolen and request a new one? He didn’t steal from you, he stole from your child(ren). It would be a cold day in hell before I let anyone get away with doing that to my kids.

10 Likes

Not sure what you mean by force but if you didn’t file a police report or call them I don’t believe you’ll get that money back you may have to go through civil court for that, but cancel the card for now and get a new one.

2 Likes