Can an attorney help me with this?

Ex husband had forced me to give him the child support card. He used to go to the bank to withdraw money from the account every month and keep the entire amount. Which was over $1200. We’re finally in court for child custody. Is that something my attorney can help prove? Or child support agency? Or the bank? I don’t know who to ask to help to show he used to withdraw money, from my child support card.

186 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can an attorney help me with this?

Unless there’s video proof it’s your card no way to prove it’s him.

1 Like

How did he force you? Unfortunately, they’ll probably say you gave it to him willingly

17 Likes

Report the card stolen

6 Likes

Just cancel the card and ask for a new one.

4 Likes

I would report the card as stolen. Otherwise you can’t prove anything

12 Likes

Custody and support are 2 different issues.

6 Likes

You would have to file a police report that he stole it.

7 Likes

So did he hold a gun to your head? Why would you give it to him if you have custody of your kids!!! SMDH

17 Likes

Why wouldn’t you have just canceled that they’re gonna say you gave it to him so I think you’re gonna be pretty screwed there

8 Likes

I can’t figure out why you would give it to him without a court order. Good luck.

19 Likes

Report the card stolen, get a new card issued.

3 Likes

Unless they have video proof, then there is no way to prove it was him using the card… you could have called and canceled the card and they would have sent you a new one.

4 Likes

I would talk to the lawyer, if your ex still as your card report it stolen. Point out that your not sure when was the last you use your card yourself

5 Likes

When you know he has it or using it report it stolen.

3 Likes

It’s your fault for giving it to him. You won’t be reimbursed

19 Likes

What the fuck? First off that’s crazy… unless was y’all together at the time? Cause sir if we living in 2 different homes how the hell and why the hell am I even considering giving you money back…

Do you have texts or emails having conversations about this?

3 Likes

Not much you can do about it if you lay him do it

2 Likes

Yes all atms have cams

2 Likes

No you gave him the card. Unless he held a g*n to your head no you gave him the card they will tell you don’t give your bank card etc etc to anyone else ever.

7 Likes

They are going to say it was on your own free will. He didn’t steal it.

1 Like

Most ATMs, especially bank ATMs are under video surveillance. So it is provable he took the money out, but I don’t know if you can prove he kept the money.

5 Likes

You allowed it is how they will see it just get a new card

3 Likes

I doubt they can do anything about it cause u gave it to him

3 Likes

The ATM would have video of him making withdrawals.

But first and foremost. Call the issuer of the card report it stolen. And dispute the withdrawals.
They’ll issue a new card and investigate the dispute.

Once that is said and done bring all that information of the stolen card and funds into court.

5 Likes

I would try all three someone should have some record the bank would may take a bit I’d ask now

An ex? Forced you? No mam. You gave the card willingly.

18 Likes

Unless you reported him for the force to the cops and reported it. There is really nothing that can be done

8 Likes

You gave it to him. Enough said!

4 Likes

Must make a police report however if you have let him use it in the past not sure you have a leg to stand on

2 Likes

Even if they prove he took the money off there’s no way to prove he forced you unless if you saved evidence

3 Likes

They will see it as you allowed him to take the money as you handed over the card

7 Likes

You gave him the card so no. Don’t be bitter and a bitch and try to pull one over him. If you gave him the card to get his money back then that’s on you. Just don’t give him the card period. Point blank.

You gave it to him? Why ? If you have texts asking him for your card back and his refused, I would file a police report for theft and if his used a huge amount since u have asked, they are bigger charges. Shoot… don’t play with my money!

6 Likes

You gave him the card… knowing what he would do… You could have said no and walked away :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Every atm has a camera

1 Like

Y’all keep saying she is at fault for giving her ex her card. Did you miss the part where she put HE FORCES HER! Tell your attorney and he will take care of it. The bank has records of everything which will show patterns of his withdrawal amounts. Good luck!

11 Likes

Forced you :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Unless it was with some form of violence them he didn’t Force you .

13 Likes

Tell him to fuck off and don’t give him the card.

call and tell them the card was stolen!

1 Like

Why would you give it to him and why give him the correct pin ? You can possibly report the card stolen but they’ll be proof he had the pin :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

It depends. You can prove he used it with bank cameras, but if he can prove you gave him the card and the PIN then there is nothing you can do. However, if he obtained the PIN on his own or can’t prove you gave it to him, it’s a felony in most states. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Is this a real question? Sorry to be so blunt, but…are you kidding me???

6 Likes

That should be a criminal act the police should be able to stop that nonsense

1 Like

Why did you even give him the card

7 Likes

Unless you videoed a threat to you for the card. You willingly allowed him to take the card. You willingly gave him the PIN number, you are out of luck. There is no reason what so ever for you to have done that unless you all were splitting the sheets again. So that being said cancel child support and go 50/50 so there is no need for support to be given if you are just gonna give him the money anyways.

4 Likes

You gave him the card. Don’t be lieing. They even need a pin and you gave him that . Your full of crap. FYI you can lie on here but if you lie in court,to a lawyer or to the police you will suffer the consequences. He got the money because you gave it your screwed. Good job :rofl::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Nah this isnt gonna look good for you
“you gave permission” is what hes gonna say even if video cameras show him taking the money. You should have reported the card lost. Or changed the pin. Or maybe reported that he forced you to give him the card. It wasnt even a one time thing. No bueno

3 Likes

Yeah uh, girl you aren’t getting that money back. The time to do something was when he first took it from you. I’m gonna assume that you were scared and that’s why you gave it to him. Unless you have him on video threatening you unless you give him the card, there’s really nothing you can do. :woman_shrugging:t4: I’m sorry.

7 Likes

If you have nothing in a message that says yes I’ll give you the card then report it stolen and get your money back but if you said yes through any documentation you have a hard time saying you didn’t agree to this and it’s your word against his

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you would do that. I’m afraid you’re screwed.

7 Likes

Why did you give it to him? Did he threaten you? You really can’t blame anyone but yourself.

6 Likes

Unless he held a gun to your head, he did not force you to give the child support card back. Unfortunately you probably lost that money for good.

7 Likes

Smh why you give it to him
That’s a situation you should had handled day one
And shouldn’t you had asked your lawyer this question first

Smh sad. No way would I had allowed that to happen to my children and you gave him the pin . so I’m assuming you are afraid of him . Add that part to your case that should explain why you did what you did out of fear

4 Likes

Unless he threatened violence, he didn’t force you to do anything. You willingly gave him the card and pin number. That’s your own fault.

13 Likes

What do you mean by “forced”?

3 Likes

Deactivate the card and order a new one :woman_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

You gave him the card…which requires a pin…which you also gave him… so how are you trying to go after him for something you allowed? It sounds like you let him, got mad at him and are now trying to get money back. Foh

7 Likes

I don’t care how old you are… you deserve custody to be taking from you if you’re as stupid as this post is.

1 Like

This is her EX HUSBAND, he’s probably an ex for a reason, and he very well could have threatened her. I’m not saying he did or didn’t, but why else would she have given him the card? Until we do know, I doubt it’s a good idea to judge her. Unfortunately, I do agree with the majority of you that probably nothing can be done. Seeing as she said “forced” and I have seen one too many cases of women being harmed after leaving someone

8 Likes

If he has possession and the bank has pictures of him using it absolutely. Even if not tell the court.

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s a non issue without proof. Never give it up to anyone except your kids. You gave it to him he didn’t steal it and you don’t mention any threats of harm or anything. the money is gone you can’t get it back. However now may be the time for you to work on yourself and drawing boundaries and standing up for yourself and your kids. GL sounds like this is gonna be a high conflict case.

2 Likes

Yeah, just go to the app transactions. There’s no way anything can be deleted. Also if he’s treated you into giving him the card I’d recommend downloading a recording app to get phone conversations. I’ve got one and realized it doesn’t work when Bluetooth is on. Hopefully you’re able to get this resolved.

Even if he took the card why wouldn’t you of called and reported it lost or stolen :face_with_raised_eyebrow::tipping_hand_woman:t3: let’s be honest something sounds sus here :thinking:

9 Likes

What is “forced” it sounds like you give him the card and pin number. You could of give him a fake pin number and order a whole new card.

2 Likes

Force? The judge is going to go hard on you for even allowing him to take the card. You are in the wrong here. Never should’ve given the card up. Period.

2 Likes

The judge is going to say why did you give him the card when YOU are the authorized individual to receive the benefits? You need to report it lost and order a new one. You basically went against the judges order by giving him the card, unless he physically forced you.

4 Likes

Is this a joke?? Why would you give him your card?? Bringing this up in court will make you look incompetent.

3 Likes

Should have turned him in…Not much you can do now.

2 Likes

Forced? Day 1 you should have involved the bank and police. Now you need to report it as stolen and change the pin ASAP so he no longer has access, ingorm your attorney

8 Likes

You let him so I don’t think that is going to work out as you think.

4 Likes

Seriously unless he forced you with a gun you’re really stupid and you could have canceled the card at any time and got a new one

11 Likes

You gave him it though.

2 Likes

If this was true, you shoulda thought about that the first time it happened and reported the card stolen…but you let this happen more than once and you didn’t report it? Yeah, you’re SOL and makes you sound like now that he’s finally done with you, you’re mad because you gave him all that money and now you want it back… I work in fraud investigations, and you have absolutely zero chance of getting that money back. Sorry. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Your fault for giving him the card !!!

2 Likes

The bank video tapes ATM activety, especially if you know the days he withdrew $$$

1 Like

You gave it to him and are trying to turn it around. It’s obvious.

1 Like

Go to the bank and get a new one and say trun off the old card

2 Likes

You shouldn’t have given him the card

5 Likes

Well if u have access to the account pull up all the prior months that the money was taken out. But even then u would have to prove he was the one who took it and not u!

Forced you? There’s no way anyone can make me do anything I didn’t want to unless their about to kill me

5 Likes

Girl cancel that card and get a new one and :speaking_head:DONT GIVE IT TO HIM!

4 Likes

Unless you are coming to the judge with major abuse allegations and evidence to back it up you are wasting your time. Go tell a judge your ex forced you to hand over your prepaid card and repeatedly took the money and you had no choice in the matter, he will laugh all the way back to his chambers.

6 Likes

Forced how? Gun to your head or what?

3 Likes

Cancel card/ report it lost or stolen and request a new card

2 Likes

You screwed yourself!

2 Likes

Get yourself an attorney. Are you still living with that pos? You should have reported that the very first time he did it. Please get an attorney and take him back to court and make him repay everything he stole from your children.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t of gave him :poop:!

1 Like

How u allow someone … the child own father!!! to take 1200 of the money that’s supposed to be for your kid every month !!! … that’s long gone u just have to live and learn

2 Likes

You gave it to him and never reported fraudulent transactions or requested a new card.

6 Likes

Hmm I don’t think they can proved it sorry

1 Like

He wants all his money back each month. The banks have cameras tell the court when you go

4 Likes

I cant believe the people on here teeling her its her fault you have obviously never been in a abusive controlling situation. sweety im sorry this happened see if the bank or ATM he used has vidoe or pictures of him useing the card. I would even think about getting a restraining order. I know what its like to have someone control and manipulate you. you can say no to him its hard at first but once you finally break free of his control you will feel such a weight lifted. good luck sweety you got this

7 Likes

Can you prove via text messages etc that he went and took it? I’d you cN demonstrate he used force or intimidation, that is financial abuse.

1 Like

He didn’t force you unless he has something hanging over your head. No, you cannot prove this and if you bring this up in court you are going to be in trouble.

1 Like

If it was force you call the police. Its force you go to the bank the very first time it happened and change the card and have him prosecuted. You go to the courts asking for a restraining order. Grow up and start being responsible and take care of your child and stop letting a man control you would be a good idea.

5 Likes
  • IF* he physically hurt or threatened you for the card you NEED to tell the Lawyer & tell him you were fearful fir your life which is WHY you didnt report it earlier! For NOW CHANGE THE PIN REPORT IT STOLEN! & theyll send you a new card! Do NOT NOT let him get another damn dime!! This is some BS hes doing! He gives new meaning to the word asshat!! PLEASE do yourself & your KIDS the favor of changing pin & getting a NEW CARD! Who cares if he dont like it!! Tough shit! You NEED it for the kids!! MAKE SURE you tell lawyer you were physically threatened & you were fearful for your safety otherwise youll never have a chance in hell in court & itll beyond make you look BAD!!

You gave him the card therefore you are not entitled to anything he’s taken. Just like your bank, if you give someone your debit card and pin they will not help you retrieve those funds back. You’re simply SOL.

I’d suggest if you no longe r want him to use the card, that you call and get yourself a new card, different pin and just move on with your life.

5 Likes