Any advice for dealing with my mom?

Move to another State and don’t tell no one were your at if you want to get away from them.

Wow. I could have written this post myself. I can tell you right now, the ONLY thing that will help you in this situation is to completely cut her off. My mother has been like yours my entire life. I couldn’t wait to become an adult & not have to put up with her toxic crap anymore. But when I got to that point, I had a child & realized I needed & wanted my mother around. Yet every. Single. Time. I have tried to mend the relationship, I have regretted it. I am 30 years old, so 12 years of that cycle… these people don’t change, they don’t want to. They just suck you down. Break free & never look back. It will be the best thing you ever do. And like everyone else is saying, she can’t do anything. She’s probably just losing her s*** thinking about losing control of you. Don’t let it stress you out! Sending positive vibes your way :heart::heart::heart:

You should check out the group Daughters Recovering from Toxic Family Relationships with The Undone Mama

1 Like

Cut her out of your life completely.

Grandparent rights no longer exist. Cut all ties.

The fact that you said she puts fear in you to make you think she is Unstoppable…

Makes me feel like you are Unstoppable…

If she has threatened you with court you can also get your doctors and counselors involved and to letting them tell the court what you have told them and what you have been through and this is why you have to fear about your mom being around your son and you don’t want… document everything even if you’re like oh that’s a good one but maybe not screenshot that shit nothing it’s never too little of a detail

I will say you may not want to go to court. But if she takes you then you have ammo also it’s always good to have your ducks in a row 4 just incase situation like this

I blocked mine. Kept my kids away from her. Best thing I ever did going onto my 4th year no contact. Ive thrived. My children have thrived. It wasn’t easy at first but it is now

1 Like

There are no grandparents rights as far as I know,only a court can limit/change parental rights.As long as you are a good parent no one can interfere with the upbringing of your children.Have you ask her to seek help?

I’m a mother and Grandmother and this is not right. Your children come first and especially your grandchildren. Your children should feel like they can come to you for anything not run away. Some women don’t deserve to be called parents. All I can say my girl is you have started your own family, give ur new family the love and guidance you never had and cut everyone out that is toxic.

1 Like

Some states dont offer grandparents rights

She literally has no rights to your child. She is toxic & you need to keep your child away from her. Block or Ghost her. Make her take you to court to see her. Don’t make it easy for her & hopefully she’ll give up. Start saving all communication & use it against her

Sadly grandparents have no rights she is still manipulating you

1 Like

I could have written this post. It will get much worse if you continue a relationship with her. And in the end it will destroy any relationship you have with your siblings and family…and she will manipulate everyone into thinking she is the victim. Cut ties. I wish I had had the courage to do so with my mother.

You need to keep away from her…and she can’t win in court over your child unless you are not fit to take care of him.

Why do you keep her in you’re life in the first place then :thinking:
You should have cut her out along time ago :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Get a protection order or restraining order. And stay away from her

After hearing your story I understand that is the grandparent she probably loves your kid maybe supervised visit would be OK that might get her shit together I don’t know if not take it away but supervise visits please grandparents of their grandkids and they actually might change for them don’t hate your mom she gave you life if there’s a way to fix things fix it

You never know she might not be around tomorrow

Empty threats because grandparents have no rights.

Unless you are an unfit mother, she isn’t gonna get any rights.

Is she on medicine her mood swings need medicin there is seraquel she must start out low on it and little by little go higher After a wk you will see a clearer mind and she will be more lodgical tell her no court in the workaday will give her visiting. If she isn’t on meds remember her mind is going aaaaaaaaaaaa2 it needs to slow down so she can think clear don’t judge her your child could inherit this

Cut the toxicity out of your life whether it’s family or not!

If you are hesitant to cut her off, do it for a short while (2-3 months) and see how you feel. I’m positive your life will greatly improve without her emotional abuse. You can decide when and if you ever engage with her again.

Let her take you to court when you show up to court make sure you keep a log of her bad behavior show it to court and ask for only supervision visits to show courts you have tried to let her be a grandparent. And if your state don’t have grandparents rights keep her away from your kids. Keep your kid safe at all cost no matter what.