Am I wrong to not going to my daughters graduation because her dad is there?

Yes, it is wrong of you. It’s her day.

Grow up. This is about your child, not you.

This about your daughter…not you or your x. STEP UP…and be her MOTHER…

Sounds like you’re the problem, not the Dad.
Don’t you even care about your daughter?

It’s about your daughter. Be a grown up and get over it.

Yep you’re wrong. Not about the ex. It’s about YOUR DAUGHTER!

Your absolutely wrong , because your only thinkiing about your self and your feelings, weather you like it or not he is her father, and if she wants him there , you should suck it up for her, for that couple hours , nobody said you have to sit with him or be near him, I had pretty much the same situation with my kids, I left it up to them if they invited him and they did, you can suck it up for one day so you can both be there. If you don’t your being selfish point blank , it’s not your day it’s hers.

You should go you owe that to your daughter. What’s the chances of you seeing him anyway.

Absolutely. You gotta suck it up and go to her graduation.

Simple answer is yes. You are absolutely in the wrong.

That’s a significant thing. You can go. You don’t have to see him

Stop making this about you. Suck it up and be there for your child.

Id sit in the Devils lap before i missed my childs graduation

Suck it up and go be a grown up and p.s. I have a ex I hate

I didn’t get any further than your 1st sentence m. Yes you’d be wrong.

You picked him it was your mistake and you’re taking it out on her?

You must go. Ignore him.

This event isn’t about yall, it’s her day. Make it about her

What the heck
Go and don’t look for him

Get over yourself and grow up. Go to her graduation

He might be a no show anyway…

We all got choices. Not being rude but you Need to put your big girl panties on as you have the last 18 years. You’re gonna let a man rob you of your daughters graduation? Hell no!

Ummm I won’t miss my daughters graduation because of her father. Just don’t go anywhere near him. Ignore him as much as possible. You sounds like you’re fight fire with fire. It’s yoir daughters graduation. It’s time for both of you to grow up

You go. There is nothing else to say about it. GO!!!

Graduations are large enough you can go and avoid him. go

1 Like

Think about it this way. Will you be willing to miss her wedding one day because her dad may be there?! No.
You sound so selfish and immature. This is a big day in her life and you NEED to put your differences aside. Remember, everyone grows up and realizes who kept the other parent away, and she may resent you not going over that.
Go and support your child.

4 Likes

You are wrong! Go and sit far away!!!

I can’t even read all of this after the question… Yes, your are wrong, this is your child… This makes me so angry…my daughter was a 2020 grad, something your look forward to as a parent, and my daughter never got to have graduation, and some people lost their children to the virus before they graduated… You should feel and are absolutely blessed that she will be graduating and you can have this special day with her…idc how bad you hate someone, this is not about any of that, it’s about your child and her big achievement,I find this terribly sad and I also feel you are being petty and childish, you should do it for your daughter

Your petty. It’s not about you. It’s about your daughter. Put your big girl pants on and suck it up for her. Unfortunately what do you think is going to happen when she gets married or has kids. You will always have to deal with him. Might as well be peaceful about it.

Yes you are wrong. She is your daughter and deserves to have you there.

Get over yourself! This is about your daughter!!!

Ew. Put your kid first, don’t talk to him or sit near him but you better go support your kid. :pleading_face:

You need to be there for her. Ignore him if he is there.

I graduated 6 years ago. My family went to everyone else’s high school graduation except mine. And I’ll never forget that. Only my dad showed up. And that’s all I’m saying.

Please get some backbone. She is the daughter you raised. Be there for her and just ignore him. Dear, you sound as if you are pouting. Just be there for her.

You are her Mother you do not look or speak to him ignore him be strong for your daughter talk to her about the situation she should understand

Yes you are wrong!! This day is ALL about your daughter and has absolutely nothing to do with him! If you hate him simply stay away from him but don’t miss this milestone in your daughters life! It would hurt and disappoint her so much if you don’t go!

Poor inexcusable reason not to attend. GROW UP…Love your daughter enough to put your emotional feelings on the back burner. This isn’t about him or you …but your daughter!!! HOGWASH…not going!!She will be so hurt. But seems your feelings are more important than hers.!!:angry:

This day is about her not you or him. It’s about your daughter. Don’t let him keep you away. If he wins this time he will continue to come between you and your daughter. Let him know by your presence it ain’t happening!!

You’re dumb. You’re putting your issue with her father BEFORE HER! You’re seriously going to miss her GRADUATION because you don’t like her dad??? No wonder he never came around Smfh. Grow up ffs.

So when she gets married are you not going to go to that because he might be there? If she ever has a baby you won’t go to the hospital because he might be there? Ma’am you are going to miss a lot of your daughter life if you are going to not attend because of her father.

You’re willing to miss your daughter’s graduation bc her dad is going to be there? That’s selfish af, lady! If she told him, obviously SHE wants him there and it’s not your place to tell her otherwise! You sound like a bitter baby mama with this mess!

Yes, you’re absolutely in the wrong. YOU chose her father, don’t punish your daughter by not going to her graduation because now you can’t handle or deal with the choices you’ve made in life!!

All her life YOU’VE been there for her, but, suddenly her ride or die just gonna leave her to the whims of a daddy who may or may not show up that night? If he’s as wishy washy as you’ve described, you willing to risk your baby possibly without you for support if he doesn’t, with such an important milestone?

I’m sorry but I feel your in the wrong. This is your daughter big day you only graduate from high school once in a life time an it’s a big moment in your child’s life I don’t care who comes to graduation I’m going to be there for my kids no matter who or wht comes. Go and don’t sir next to him your not even obligated to speak to him go and support your daughter and regardless thst is her father and if she invited him to go she must want him there as well go and support your daughter

Trust me, I get it. I’m not even going to go into my history but I guarantee that if you go, you probably won’t run into him unless its a small school. Even so let him go and have his turn congratulating her then go to her when he’s done. Maybe have a hand signal you can be watching for from the stands. This is kind of a big day for her. There wouldn’t be any mountain I wouldn’t move to be there. Are you going to miss her wedding too, if he goes? She’s going to remember who showed up and who doesn’t. Don’t let her think back on this day and be upset that you didn’t go.

YTA no matter what reasons you have it’s not your day, it’s your daughters day. You don’t have to sit by the guy or talk to him or anything. He probably won’t even show up.

Try to put things a side for her it’s her graduation. U will regret it if you miss it and she might be upset that your not there.its your daughter’s graduation.

You’ll regret not going. And you’ll hurt your daughter. Just ignore him.

Is this a real question? I’m sorry, but it sounds like you need to grow up a little. You can’t be too young if your daughter is graduating. I’m sure there will be plenty of room for you to stay away from him.

It’s NOT about you !
Go to your daughter’s graduation !
Ya don’t have to even acknowledge him, for God sake !!!

Wow, you are selfish, you need to act like a civil adult and be there who care if he is, don’t sit near him

Absolutely wrong. Do not sit near him. Do not have contact with him. It has nothing to do with him. This is for your daughter. U will regret not going.

Yes go . Today is about your daughter and not about her parents. Be adults and shut the hate d for a few hours.

You need to grow up! I hate my ex too but I would never make my child decide

I can’t even imagine missing my daughter’s graduation…… for any reason… This is awful…
It’s about her not either of you. Grow up, don’t make the day about anyone else but her.

Jesus Christ I can’t believe a full grown woman & mother is even asking this!!

I would be damned if a man stopped me from going to my baby’s graduation.

You dont have to sit right next to each other jeez lady

I totally understand not wanting to be around him & being hurt if she invites him since he’s done nothing & you’ve done everything. I get it.

My ex is very emotionally abusive, manipulating & controlling. Similar to your situation he has had nothing to do with my kids. I’d hate for them to have contact with him because I know he’ll manipulate them, hurt them emotionally & possibly physically & steal from them. Yet I would not skip 1 of the biggest days of their lives because of him. He’s taken so much from me & my kids. He’s not taking that moment. I wouldn’t sit with him. I wouldn’t engage in conservation with him unless it’s necessary to prevent harm to my child. But I would be for my child.

It’s your memory or lack of that you’ll have to live with. I’m sure it’s a big place, you don’t have to sit with him.

At that point it has zero to do with your feelings for her father and everything to do with showing up for your child. My parents are divorced and have never been on the greatest of terms but they both always showed up for me. You’re being incredibly childish and selfish and it breaks my heart for your daughter.

Wrong wrong WRONG!!! I feel sorry for your daughter

Are you also not going to go to at wedding? Be there when her children are born? When she’s sick and in the hospital, etc.
You need to figure this one out.

Dead ass wrong. Get over yourself. This her day not yours or his. You don’t have to sit near him.

Hell yeah its wrong of you!!! Grow up!!!

1 Like

What is more important? Which is bigger? Your hatred for him or your love for your daughter?
That’s all you really need to answer and then go from there.

Mom of the year with this one… punish your daughter because of your shitty choice in a baby daddy. Grow up. On one of the most important days of her life and you wanna be bitter about it. Disgusting.

YES YOU ARE 100% WRONG
It’s about YOUR CHILD not you or her father

Yes. You are wrong. The love for your daughter has to be MORE than the hate you have for him. Go see a therapist and get some advice on how to control yourself and your emotions. You are angry at YOURSELF for getting knocked up but such a shitty guy, but at the end of the day that IS NOT your daughters fault. Be the parent she deserves, regardless of your feelings, ALWAYS. Oh and maybe try an edible or a Xanax and remind yourself you have no bail money.

Yes. Why punish ur child because of him?

You are wrong if you don’t go. Go in after it begins. Go to your car before it ends. You don’t have to deal with him. Only you can control your feelings towards him. Your daughter knows what a piece of shit he is. Have friends take photos at the graduation and you can take photos with her before and after. You will regret it if you miss it and your daughter won’t forget if you don’t go. I hated my ex husband at the time of my daughters graduation. But we both went separately and stayed away from each other. I’m glad I went and I’m glad he went to for her.

my daughters father is a narcissist and a sociopath. went to jail 2 months before she was born and was free for the last 5. she is almost 19 and graduating in a few months. I’ll be damned if I’m gonna miss her graduation because of my personal feelings. I’m also not gonna just give him that day with her. I’m also definitely not gonna make my kid have her graduation with the only one who cared enough to raise her not be there for her.
I’m pretty good at being a bitch and giving the silent treatment if needed. my daughters day is way more important than if I want to see her father or not.

I’m confused. You said she said he does not deserve to be there- if that is not the case and she wants him to be there- suck it up buttercup. Sit somewhere else away from him.

I think what you are doing is completely selfish! I couldn’t imagine missing one of the most important days in my daughters life just because I don’t get along with her father. I am truly shocked you as a mother are being this petty. We are no longer in highschool and your daughter should always come first!

How about putting your daughter first and sit on the opposite side of the room! You don’t have to speak to him or sit near him. Don’t be an ass and miss her graduation! It’s a big deal for her and your petty behavior shouldn’t ruin it for her.

You can go and sit in another section and afterwards let him see her first or you see her first then leave . I would be so hurt and pissed if my mom didn’t go cause of that reason . grow up respectfully !

I can’t fathom anything would stop me from seeing my baby graduate. You’re wrong, pathetic, immature and so many other things.

Can you be any more selfish??? I suspect everything is about you always…you might check your narc tendency at the door and be there for your daughter.

SELFISH!! Sit far away from him & focus on your daughter!!!

Yes you are an asshole just cuz he’s there don’t mean you have to talk to him. You are there for your daughter

I came here to make sure you were getting roasted in the comments, because Idgaf what your history is with her dad, I think it’s gross you’re making it about yourself instead of your daughter on her special day.

You are absolutely ridiculous. You literally don’t have to be near him. You are petty and selfish. Get over yourself. :roll_eyes:

Im sure I’m going to get hate for this buuut…… grow up! It’s not about you ffs. Put your big girl panties on and show up for your child when she graduates and always. Sorry u chose a shithead to have a kid with but that was your mistake not your daughters so shame on you for putting her in the middle and making her feel bad about who her dad is.
My ex husband is a giant piece of shit, like HUUUUUUGE and our 2 children are 19 and 21 now and I’ve swallowed my pride so many times because they deserve two parents without the stress of having them both in the same room for special events.

So you’re okay with missing her graduation because her dad is going to be there??? It isn’t about you, or him. It’s about your daughter achieving an amazing accomplishment. Stop acting like a child and grow up.

Don’t let him win. You are giving him too much power. Go and ignore him. This isnt about you or him.

Grow up. The world doesn’t revolve around you sweetheart and your the jerk for causing drama

You should go and be adult and co parent

Dont be selfish. This is a milestone for your daughter

1 Like

You sound like the most BITTER and SELFISH woman ever! You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering missing your daughters graduation.

1 Like

U should go u raised her and gave her an education sit far very far from him u don’t have to make eye contact with him tell ur daughter u will take a picture with her but without him then go home ad wait for her there then the 2 if u go and enjoy the celebration don’t let him stand in the way of ur daughter’s day

Go to the graduation and ignore him… your the adult here…

You are 1000% wrong wow! :exploding_head:

I think you should put how you feel aside and think of how it would make your child feel just to have you both show up & act like civil adults.

Yeah your so wrong get over yourself and get to the graduation it’s not about your personal hate against the man it’s about ur child… It’s giving off immature vibes.

1 Like

Your wrong and being childish

Your daughter doesn’t need to be in the middle of all of this drama…you will have serious regrets if you aren’t there to show support, but not only that you would be letting him win. When are women going to get that???

Go to the graduation! She’s your kiddo to. You probably won’t have to sit together.

It’s a shame that parents ask these questions. Who cares about the dad you guys made them together go to the ficking graduation selfish asshole of a mother

1,000% in the wrong. It’s about your daughter, no one else.