Am I wrong to not going to my daughters graduation because her dad is there?

This is disgusting. U know ur wrong

You probably won’t show up to her wedding either when that day comes because you can’t suck things up for a few hours around him…

Please reread your post, perhaps it will enlighten you on your decision.

I’m not even sorry about this… you’re an asshole. I would cut all contact with my mother if she did that.

Then you have a year to get over it and stand up and be there for your daughter.
Stand on the other side of the room if you have to. This kind of behaviour is damaging for your child! Be a grown adult and put it aside for a few hours. Your daughter needs to know her Mother will go to the ends of the earth for her how immature can you be.

Yes. You are wrong!!! 1000%

You should go ! That’s your right ! The hell with him !

Yes. You Are W R O N G. It’s Her Graduation, She Can Have Whoever She Wants There, Stop Being Selfish & Making It About You.

Yes your absolutely wrong. Grow some damn balls and be there for your daughter.

Yes you are wrong. It’s not like you have to sit next to him, grow up and be there for your kid.

If you don’t go, she will resent you

Your just as bad as he is. Abandoning her at an important time in her life.

This isn’t your day it’s your daughters. Put your big girl panties on and support her and GO. No one will keep me away from that special day.

It’s not about you or him it’s about your daughter

wtf. suck it up. go watch your kid graduate.

You’re petty. Let that shit go and go honor and celebrate your gosh damn kid!! Stay the fuck away from him and it won’t be no problem, DUH!

Go to her graduation memories are very important the area must be big enough to keep your distance trust me my daddy is gone and it’s not worth missing memories your daughter was made of love let her feel that love on one of the most important days of her life p.s don’t make her feel Quilty or like she has to choose just show love my daddy only made it to one of my graduations in my life time and I cherish those memories don’t take away something you can never give back remember do it for your love you have for your daughter

I can’t stand my ex husband but,I put my difference aside for my 20yo when he graduated high school.If you cant be there for your baby,then you dont deserve to be there.Youre an adult.Put your big girl panties on and suck it up.

It’s not about you! It’s not about your ex! It’s about your child! Be civil and show!

No one especially a man would stop me …

You’re being a selfish jackass, this isn’t about you. It’s her graduation. You’re really going to make her choose? A graduation is a huge event. Don’t sit by him. Ignore him. You’re really going to be petty and miss out on the one thing she’s been working for because you’re not getting your way? I feel sorry for your daughter

You are absolutely wrong for not going. That’s your daughter ffs.

Can’t you just keep your distance? Sit somewhere else.

Yes, yes you are wrong :woman_shrugging: I know it sucks, I get it snd empathize but yep you’re in the wrong for not showing up

Very immature. It’s a whole ass graduation. And u don’t have sit with him. She will hate that the rest of her life.

Your childs graduation? This shouldn’t even be a question…

Might just be me but I couldn’t ever imagine missing one of the biggest moments in my child’s life simply bc I disliked someone. That is absurd.
You liked him at some point enough to make a baby with him, suck it up.

Sorry but all you do is punish your daughter if you don’t go to her graduation. Grow up and get your ass there for your child

You are wrong for not going. I get you are upset with him but it’s not like you have to sit right beside him. You can go through the whole thing and not see him. My son graduates this spring and I would not miss it for the world.

I’m just gonna say
Suck it up and just go that is ur kids graduation guarantee u will regret it

Suck it up and be a mother… Like what kind of question is that ??

1 Like

Nothing would keep me from my child’s graduation unless I’m dead or dying in that moment!!.. my little guy graduated kindergarten this past May! Exactly 24hrs after birthing a whole a human, bleeding like crazy, tore enough it hurt to move or walk…. I walked my ass blocks to see him graduate. The light in his eyes when he seen me come around the corner because he was told mommy just had a baby she’s not gonna make it. I’ll never forget that moment I cried like a baby…… Momma will make it to anything for her babies no matter what even if I’m a little late because of birthing a baby 24hrs prior!! :heart: nothing will stand in my way but God!!

Please don’t be ridiculous. I dislike my ex husband too and he is not someone I want to be around but I would NEVER not go to something of my kids simply because of that, especially their graduation. Put your daughter first, not your feelings.

It’s not about you but your child. To allow another human being still have so much control over you and your feelings that you would actually think twice about going to your own daughter’s graduation is crazy.

Yes you are wrong. You don’t have to sit near him and you don’t have to have interaction with him.

You’re 500000% in the wrong

My parents wanna unalive each other on sight and both of them were there for my graduation and my siblings graduation… grow tf up it’s not about you

Wow you need to mature a bit huh the day is to acknowledge your child’s accomplishments not about you or her dad suck it up and be an adult

It’s not about him it’s about your child together suck it up your only hurting your daughter

You’re a POS parent if you can’t put whatever issues aside for your DAUGHTER. Like a REALLY bad mother. If you chose to not go because you cannot be civil and ignore him if he starts anything, I guarantee your daughter will want no future relationship with you. And it will be your own fault.

You are so completely wrong. Stop letting your anger control you.

Coming from a someone who’s been in the daughters shoes. Just suck it up, don’t make a scene and be there for her. For once don’t make things about you 2. Good luck

Yep you’re TA. Suck it up.

Graduations are usually pretty big. You probably won’t even see him.

Grow up it’s your daughter

You should love your child MORE than you dislike their other parent.

You’re selfish and immature asf . I’m sure the venue is big enough where you wouldn’t even be near him. You’re not obligated to speak to him. There will probably be so many people there you won’t even see him unless you are trying to. It’s not like you have to sit next to him or anything. Grow up !! It’s your daughter’s graduation , you should be there. This is the behavior you want your kid to see ? You’re most definitely wrong and need to get your priorities in order.

Wow , I can’t even with this . SHE IS YOUR DAUGHTER , and you are WILLING to miss this milestone in her life bc of some petty drama …. Please grow up and act like a mother . You are completely wrong , no way in hell would I be missing my children graduate drama or not , this isn’t about how you feel but about your daughter .

At this moment you. Eed to get over your feelings and show up for your daughter. You are one selfish person if.ypu miss one of your child’s big.mile stones. What’s next, you’re going to miss her wedding? The birth of her children? Be a proper mother and show up for your child.

Grow the F up for your child and be there for her. If you don’t then you’re the asshole.

So your basically letting your hate for him override the love you have for your daughter. Sorry but that’s not ok, this is your child and they deserve your support.

So your personal feelings about her father is enough for you to skip out on one of the most important milestones of her life? Get therapy.

Put you shit aside an be there for your daughter! It’s not about YOU!

Are you serious??? Get over yourself!!! Get over the hated or your daughter will resent you later in life. You miss her graduation just because you can’t stand the father will ruin your relationship with her. I’m living proof of that.

I honestly didn’t even finish reading your post. Alls I had to read was the first sentence. Whether or not you get along with her father has absolutely no bearing on you being there and supporting your child. The fact you would rather skip out on something she worked so hard to achieve for your own childish reasons is rather pathetic. I couldn’t imagine being so petty that it affected my children. Sounds like it’s time to grow up and maybe get some help mentally. It’s unhealthy for you and the people around you.

Your daughter won’t remember her father being incarcerated when she was a toddler but she will always remember her mother not showing up to her high school graduation.

Off course it is and she will never forgive you. It’s one of the greatest accomplishments she’s had so far, and you can wimpy ask your daughter to request separate tickets! this way, you don’t have to see him or interact with him!

No you’re being selfish… She is not just your daughter. That’s his daughter to and you are acting like a spoiled child. The day is not about you ma’am. Its about a great accomplish of you’lls daughter… get over yourself and don’t interact with him.

I would never forget that my mother couldn’t woman up and support me on a very important and happy day of my life. Neither of my parents will be at my college grad and all though it’s inevitable, it’s still unfortunate. as a mother, you are suppose to put all your shit aside and be there for them. you’re there for your daughter, nobody else matters. I would never miss my children’s big moments for anything. Nobody is worth that

My ex used to literally beat me unconscious and lock me in rooms for days at a time, pull guns blah blah etc etc and there’s still NO WAY I would miss my daughter’s graduation. I mean wtf. There will be a crowd and y’all don’t have to sit together nor speak but you a piece of work if you don’t go. Folks are weird

1 Like

Grow up and be there for your daughter. If you can’t bite your tongue for one day, then you don’t actually want to be there for her

Yes… you’re wrong and foolish!! I didn’t have to read past the first few lines!! Why let him ruin an unforgettable, once in a lifetime moment for you and your daughter?? I don’t care how badly you hate the man… that’s YOUR child!! FOH you sound ridiculous!! Love your children more than you hate each other!!! Period.

Wrong!
So you’ve apparently been there for her entire life and this is where your going to draw the line? It’s not like you have to be next to him.
Students go to graduation with the fear of their own abusive parents showing up in the crowd, and have to hold their head high and walk across the stage. Be her support, her biggest cheerleader, don’t let him get to you, this is her accomplishment.

Shame on you for making her day about you

Your punishing your daughter not him :expressionless::roll_eyes: awful

Yes you go!! Put your blinders on and go support your daughter!!

how could you even consider missing her graduation?? What kind of parent are you? Act like a fuckin adult and ignore his ass. Your there for your child not him. Grow up

You couldn’t be anymore wrong than you are.

Oh no ma’am. If you didn’t take him for child support , that’s on you. If he didn’t pay, that’s on him. You know you don’t have to sit beside him right ? Trust me… if you’re trying to make her choose by doing this, it won’t end well for you. If you don’t go, it won’t end well for you.

You’re dead wrong. Your love for your daughter should always outweigh your hatred for him. You only expressed how you’re feeling but did you think how it would make her feel that her mom intentionally missed one of the biggest moments of her life, over something as petty as this?? He could be the biggest pos in the world but it’s not about him nor you. It’s about her.

you would be a D I C K if you didn’t go who cares he will be there?! what!

If I was your daughter I wouldn’t forgive you if that’s why you didn’t go. Out of the t
Hundreds or thousands of seats and other ppl there it’s pretty easy to not see one another .

I don’t care who I don’t like going to my baby’s graduation I wouldn’t miss it for anything. It isn’t about you or him. It is about her and only her.

Yes your in the wrong. It’s not about you. It’s about your daughter and her graduating and making the milestone. :roll_eyes: if she gets married and he goes to her wedding are you just not going to show up?? Your an adult. Grow up and be mature. It’s pathetic that you wouldn’t go just cuz your ex is there. If your daughter wants him there then that’s all that matters. And that doesn’t mean pressure her into telling him not to come. That means you putting your feelings aside and going with her decision.

It’s not like you guys have to sit together, plan a time for after graduation to meet back up with your daughter and just steer clear of this man. It’s Like you guys don’t have to engage at all! So selfish of you.

No one would stop me from my child’s graduation.
I get he’s an ass…

But you did choose him as your sperm donor …
Unless u were raped.
You don’t go

He wins …
F that .

You don’t have to sit with him.

Sorry for being so blunt. But f*** him! Go you put in all those years raising her being there for her . It’s her graduation , you wouldn’t want to miss that . It shouldn’t matter who goes if you like them or not . Simply don’t look or talk to them that’s it.

Do you hate him more than you love your daughter? Are you willing to live with how badly you will hurt your daughter on one of the biggest days of her life further pushing her into the arms of the person you say is so bad? If you miss this days you are likely to miss many of the other huge milestones and your daughter’s life like getting married, having children and being a part of their life.

1 Like

Nothing or no one would keep me from my kids graduation. Don’t sit near him, don’t be near him… but u absolutely should not miss it

Yeah, you’re in the wrong here. What happens if he decides not to show up? Then neither of her parents would be there. And that’s shitty.

I think you need to grow up. This post is showing your immaturity. Its one of the biggest days in your daughters life and because someone potentially may show up, your not going too.

This is not a serious question, right?

You’re absolutely selfish

Ummmm that’s a real question? Why would you miss your own child’s graduation because of someone else?? Go, be the bigger person, and support your child……that is ALWAYS the answer :woman_shrugging:t3:

That’s dumb, and childish.

Yah you are sooooooo in the wrong the day isn’t about you and your ex it’s about yalls daughter stop being selfish and put your pettiness and feelings aside and grow up and show up for your daughter or risk not having a relationship with her at all down the line

There is seriously something wrong with you to miss your daughter’s graduation . Stop being so petty get dressed to the 9s and go flaunt yourself .

You’re selfish. Your child comes first. :v:t3:

Yeah that’s fkd up you would not go to your daughter’s graduation because he is there… It’s not like you have to sit next to him or even talk to him. Put your daughter first instead of your own feelings and go to your daughter’s graduation.

Put your blinders on and go!

Yes you are wrong. This is once in a lifetime , I would go , look my best , hold my head high and be proud of your daughter. Screw him. Shoot he mite not even show up.

YESSS U ARE WRONG!!! GROW UP. ITS YOUR DAUGHTER SIT ANYWERE JUST U BETTER SHOW. In the end u will REGRET IT!!
SHAME ON U FOR EVEN ASKING A STUPID QUESTION :unamused:

Yes you’re wrong and omg how selfish are you! Sounds like you need to grow up! Suck it up and do what you should be doing for your daughter. As if you’re prepared to miss her graduation because you can’t act like an adult for a day!

Uhmmm yeah your wrong, your an adult you cant be civil with your baby daddy to see your daughter graduate? Time to grow up!

Yes you are wrong. This is a huge accomplishment for your daughter that spent 12+ years working towards. You are so wrong to not be there for her NO MATTER WHAT

You are absolutely wrong lol. Grow up and act like an adult for your daughter. Also you suck for making her feel like she has to choose between her parents. Smfh.

Yes you are wrong.
It’s a pathetic excuse to use. Imagine how your child is going to feel to learn that you were more bothered her dad was there than making her happy by being there.

Nobody in the damn world would make me skip on my daughter’s graduation! That’s insanity . Fuck that man , and go support her . It’s not about him!

yes you are wrong you need to go