Advice on lice?

The best way to really get rid of them is to use the lice comb and comb out the bugs and the eggs every single day for a week. You can kill all the live bugs with spray or lice shampoo or Mayo but it doesn’t matter if you do not get rid of every single egg because they will hatch and reinfest quickly. There is a green lice comb on Amazon that works best for eggs. The red Combs are not tight enough or small enough bristles to pull out all the eggs. It’s cheap and works wonders. If you do it atleast a week it should get rid of it.

Make sure you wash her hair everyday lice dont like clean hair and check daily for the eggs take them with your own nails out you can actually see if hair is dark tell your child to stay away from others for now just in case do not use anything else i had to cut my daughter hair saddest day for both we cried like babies together

Use suave shampoo for kids it has something in it that repeals lice. I swear by it. My daughter’s class had it but not my daughter. I don’t know if your black, white or mixed child. But keep her hair oiled up. Tea tree oil.

Once they get it Combing out hair every day is needed, washing bedding and we use a spray call fairytals. You can get it at Walmart and that brand has a lice kit that has no chemicals.

Get lice free from wal mart . It smells like licorice. It’s a spray. All you do us saturate the hair let it dry n comb it out. Had to do this 4 my 3 year old granddaughter.

Pick out nits. Tweezers if need be.

Put tea tree oil in shampoo to prevent from getting it again about 15-20 drops

I use the original amber colored Listerine. Coat the head. Cover with a shower cap. Leave on at least one hour and rinse. Repeat every few days for 1 to 2 weeks. No nit picking is required.

Vinegar!!! Apple cider to be exact. Soaked her hair for half an hour, rinsed. Did it twice a day. Gone in 3 days completely. 1 gallon jug is 3 bucks. The lice treatment is expensive and full of chemicals that are terrible for the scalp and hair.

When it went around they sent a note home saying it was present. They can’t say who but they do need to say when it’s happened so you can prepare against it.

Hairspray, hair up, braided if possible. And the cleaner the hair, the easier it is to get lice. Weird I know. Strange what we learn in nursing school lol.

Tea tree oil helps tremendously!! Mix a few drops in a spray bottle with water and let it dry. Do this until lice is gone and then spritz on hair before school to help keep them away if another kid brings it back to school.

The best stuff I have ever used for lice is mayonnaise with olive oil. Put it in the hair, cover with a shower cap, leave it in for about an hour then rinse out. The lice literally just fall out and your hair feels really soft afterwards.

Just had a situation after Christmas used Otc treatment 2xs and pure tea tree oil for a week and washed bedding and sprayed with alcohol for a week

My kids have had it so much just this year and only this year it sucks.

When my son was younger I put the medication in his reg shampoo he washed is hair everyday in it but you do need to use conditioner after each wash

A spray called “fairy tales”

Tea tree oil or the shampoo. Hair drying will help too

Decatur doesn’t do head checks anymore nor do they tell parents of children in class that they know has it.

Hair spray works too along with gel or moose I had it when I was younger and to keep from getting it back as I went to school bc my hair was long and think I used hairspray everyday and kept my hair up along with the tee tree oil in my shampoo and all it works

Mayo works really well too. Lather their hair in it and let it sit for 1.5 to 2 hours then wash it out and you can comb them out.

My family uses Listerine and a shower cap super cheap super easy It killed the lice right away and we haven’t had it again

Leave some conditioner or a little hair oil in their hair to deter it in the future.

Spray with apple cider vinegar and water/ tea tree oil. Let it set overnight. in a shower cap. Wash and condition. Pass a lice comb through. U should see eggs coming off easily. As well as dead lice. Then wash and condition.

My 2 kids, neice, and myself all got it at the same time. We got the terminator comb of amazon and ordered kapow lice treatment it was the only thing that worked. We tried the regular lice kits and they did nothing and those combs suck. Save ur sanity and your money and order the terminator comb and kapow lice treatment and they will be gone asap.

Use olive oil and wrap it works

I use tea tree oil and mix it in my shampoo and conditioner. Then I use detangle spray and put tea tree oil in it.

I have never had lice. My mother always used to put a little hairspray in my hair before school. I have used conditioning gel in my children and they have never gotten lice. Maybe after you get rid of it you might want to try this to prevent it. I have heard tea tree oil and coconut oil works good mix with shampoo and use everyday. Hope you find something that works.

Green alcohol and lice comb once a week for awhile you won’t have lice

Use vinegar water as you comb through the hair and take small amounts of hair, out all stuff animals and toys that can’t be washed with very hot water in dark garbage bags for 3 weeks. Wash everything in got water and hot dryer including pillows and hair items. Vacuum carpets, spray furniture and vacuum. Check daily when they come back from school or daycare that way of they have live you know where they got it from and you won’t have to do the whole house again.

You can also use coconut shampoo and conditioner as lice don’t like those. There’s actually a spray that kills on contact, I’ve found it at dollar general.

Mayonaise and foul for a couple of hours.

the only thing I even do is right off the bat I strip thier beds and sit them down and take a hair straightener to every inch of thier hair while pulling out every egg I see. Buy a METAL lice comb and comb thier hair 2-3x a day. Buzz my boys hair.
It’s been gone right after every time. It’s the heat that kills them.

I just had to do this with my daughter a week ago and it’s been gone. Take all thier bedding and wash it, and put all thier stuffed animals in the dryer

Tea tree oil is wonderful just 2-3 drops mixed with shampoo.

Lice cannot attache eat or lay eggs if hair is oily. I find a good dose of coconut. Baby oil or something you like that has am oil sheen base rubbed into hair is an excellent preventative.

Also tea tree oil in the shampoo helps prevent it.

Spray peppermint oil in the hair especially under the hair lice hates it

drench hair in olive oil, wrap with a shower cap or plastic wrap over night, towel on pillow…wash out in the morning and comb out all the dead bugs and nits, then we do the apple cider vinegar wash a couple times for a few days. bag anything up that’s fabric, toys included and spray with the life spray every surface and car included. We have had the lice issue a few times now and this has always been the working wonder …he over the counter meds hardly work and are so toxic to put on the kiddos

1 Like

Dog shampoo and heat from a blow dryer

It’s an old remedy but use mayonnaise in the hair cover it with something so nothing escapes n leave it in overnight

Tea tree oil in shampoo and conditioner bottles. Also, get a spray bottle and fill it up with water and add tea tree oil. Spray scalp every day with it.

My 2 kids had it and I used mouthwash and vinegar and it worked… Put mouthwash on their hair first let it sit for a hour with a bag or something on it then rinse it out then put the vinegar on it for a hour with a bag on it and wash it out they all should be dead and comb out easy cause the lice can’t stand the smell… It really works trust me

This is going to sound crazy. Do mayo and leave it in with a cap on top for hours, then wash out

Make sure you wash all of the blankets wedding stuffed animals everything and put it in the dryer on high heat for at least 20 to 30 minutes after dry

I used coconut shampoo and conditioner and my kids never had them again

I made my own detangler spray with water and conditioner and added tea tree oil and uses it every day and put about 2oz in every bottle of shampoo

Coconut oil in hair for hr then tea tree oil

Make sure you are washing all bedding and vacuuming everything
There is also a spray you can use to spray bedding once you have everything off of it and furniture
Vacuum under all furniture , beds
If you have a animal treat them for fleas as well as they could be on them
Happened to a friend of mine
She couldn’t figure out why she couldn’t get rid of them
Now they are gone as she treated the animals as well

Make sure you wash with warm water and dry
Put pillows in dryer for heat to kill and lice

I took super small strands of my daughters hair and got it the first time
You just have to have Patience
Good luck

When my granddaughter was in kindergarten 10 yrs ago, she got it 3 times within 10 days. I called the board of health for help! They told me to put mayo on her hear and have her sleep in a shower cap the 3rd time. They said she evidently was resistant to the lice shampoo. It worked. They went into her school and checked the children and notes were sent home with parents. They also went into her classroom and disinfected everything. No more nap time because they said the rugs were all kept in one cubby and she was given her own locker. I was so livid the school told me there was nothing they could do after she kept getting it back. I did wash all bedding, vacuum, etc each time and combed out all nits. Found out the boy she sat next to had his head shaved so there was a sign. Board of Health really helped! They also said throw all bedding on high heat for 30 minutes because it’s the heat that kills them. Mayo has oil in it that suffocates the lice.

1 Like

We have had a few scary moments with lice. This is what worked for us and never had a prob getting rid of them. Half 97% alcohol half water in a spray bottle. Spray mattresses, couches, chairs, and carpets. Wash all bedding including pillows, if you can’t wash them at least let them run in the dryer for 30 mins. Bag all stuff animals, or other soft items leave them tied for 14 days. Treatment of the hair for all members of the family use either coconut oil overnight, or use the half 97% alcohol and water mixture soaking their hair place plastic bag or shower cap for 30 minutes then wash and condition hair. Then for at least every 7 days do the same in the hair should be gone by then.

Dealt with it for years with my kids almost 30 now. Now with grandkids. Tried n true is any oil or oil substance (VO5 or baby oil is what I like) leave in 24 hours comb comb comb in 48hrs you will be done then follow up with tea tree oil everytime you buy shampoo/conditioner even body soap. Washing bedding doesnt get rid of them but drying (very hot drying) does. Granted the hair process doesn’t kill them but will get rid of them. I had a friend’s Mom when I was young and kept getting them tell my Mom, you never see us (she is a black lady) get them because of the oils in our hair and I just stick with oils ever since. Besides the oils smell so much better and really moisturize your scalp too.

Took my daughter to comb it out on Clayton rd concord

I lived in an all girls home one time. We had a bad lice outbreak. We used baby oil and plastic bags. Soak the hair over night in oil, then the eggs And the lice are easy to remove.

Tea tree oil put some drops into yours and babies everyday shampoo and it’ll be gone and it also prevents the lice from coming back

When we got lice my mom used mayo with a shower cap and we had to wear it all night but it always worked!!

Add tea tree oil to her shampoo it will keep lice away

1 Like

Treat it for 7 days straight.

Tea tree oil, vinegar and salt,

Tea tree oil mix with shampoo… Quick easy no tears :blush:

Tee tree oil or
Mouthwash
Will kill them
Put cocounut or tee tree oil in there hair every day to repell lice

My mom used mayo on me n washed all our bedding

One treatment and they were completely gone

Was sheets and things in hot water

Use mayo leave it in for a few hours it works great

I hear dawn dish soap helps

Spray her hair with hair spray

Prescription Nix wash sheets combs and brushes

Its common send daughter to school with hair braided it sucks but it does happen

I put a couple drops of tea tree oil in our shampoo and conditioner. Lice will not stand a chance with it in your hair.

My daughter got it and I used this stuff in a kit ed Ladibug lice killer(or something like that but I know its ladibug) and it killed everything after 1 application

Lice comb and nit pick everyday. Do yours in the shower with conditioner. Clean pillow cases nightly. Flat iron and blow dry your hair.

Vamousse worked wonders on my kids

Lice and nits have a low tolerance for heat. A hot blow dryer, flat iron, or something similar will not only kill the lice, but the nits as well. You may need to do it each time you bathe the children. Throwing their toys and bedding in a dryer at high heat is also affective.

When I was a child and my sisters and I got it from someone at school my parents were told to use mayo we had to leave it in our very long hair overnight which was torture then wash it out the next morning and then my mom would comb through it with a comb to make sure all the nits were gone it worked for us just now I can’t stand mayonnaise

We use vinegar and olive oil and we use them in my kids hair and we get rid of them right away