Advice on lice?

Once they are gone I would suggest using a repellent shampoo on her like FairyTales or Lice Shield.

1 Like

Lice free spray. It’s at Walmart and you can use it on kids as young as 6 months old. You still have to wash and vacuum but it gets rid of it my kids have only had it once

Get tea tree shampoo and conditioner and wash her hair in it from time to time it will keep them away

Yes make sure u wash and vacum everything but once they fall off the head they die also ifbthier is stuffed animals and stuff garbage bags those for a while to suffacate those if on there

Add tea tree oil to your normal shampoo once you get rid of it. It repels them

Just reading this makes my head itch :joy:

You can put tea tree oil in the shampoo so you don’t have to remember to use it everyday.

Missy Baker. Kathleen Ann Sunshine. Somebody send to Stephani May

I have 2 girls both with long thick hair. And one has asthma. I swear by vamouse one treatment nd gone. And no strong odor either.

Once the lice are gone, I use a repellent … in the spray bottle of tea tree oil n water, use every morning when I do my girls hair.

You have to comb them out- ugh lice is the devil!

Flea shampoo does work

Theres a professional place on far hills that does it. Lice Removal its by BILLS DOUGHNUTS GREATWORK AND IS WITH BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU

Don’t forget to treat your car or they will come back.

2 Likes

Blow dry hair twice a day . They hate heat .

Peanut butter or mayonnaise

Same happend to my son… Washed everything with hot hot I did give him a hair very short hair … I was even starting to fill itchy my nerves was going crazy

Is it super lice? There’s only one way to get rid of it and that’s to shave all the hair off.

I had it and tried everything.

Stop using the dr stuff now shes only 3 you can look up natural ways to get rid of it and make sure you clean every thing like the one person said

After you treat the hair but vegetable oil or olive oil all over the hair put a plastic bag on the hair overnight, shampoo the oil out may take two shampoos

1 Like

Call doc get a prescription

use the lice shampoo then comb out what you can. Then use mayo and a shower cap/plastic bag over night. Comb out the hair. Once a week for 4 weeks retreat the hair. Use tea tree oil shampoo to repel new infestations. I use lice shield on my kids. Also every stuffed animal put in a Big garbage bag and seal it for a month . Spray and vacuum all soft surfaces.

2 Likes

Just use hairspray. Lice love clean heads. Not ones they cant move around in. To tread them you can’t use the cheap stuff unfortunately.

The only thing that worked on my kids hair when they had it was to simultaneously wash everything and dry with hot water and sit down after shampooing with ridx and make sure every nit(egg) was removed with a tweezers from both girls one after another. They both had long thick hair. Every strand, inch by inch. It takes time.

I remember this too several times in grade school. I washed everything and I mean everything. Animals included,hated the tar smell…

Tea tree oil and listerine. Check Google for instructions

The only thing that worked for my kids was yellow Listerine.

But once you have got rid of them, spray hair spray on hair b4 school

Use olive oil and tea tree essential oil, use a lice comb and pick out all the lice and nits and eggs, go through her hair twice doing this small portions at a time then leave the olive oil with ten drops of tea tree essential oil in overnight with a shower cap on or a towel over the pillow and the next day wash and let dry and then pick through it again with a lice comb. Make sure you boil it for ten mins in between pickings and each time you get the eggs and nits out you need to rinse it under hot tap and take a tissue and wipe it off as best you can. Wash all hats hoods and carseat covers including bedding and either put all their stuffed animals in a bag for 2 weeks closed tight or dry them in the dryer for atleast 30 mins. Repeat if necessary but I got rid of my daughters lice first round this way

My granny put mayonnaise in our hair and we slept overnight then washed it out… I never got lice again I’m 29 years old now

Make sure you clean her carseat! I work in a daycare and this is the #1 thing parents forget!

1 Like

6 drops Cinnamon leaf oil plus 2 tea tree in a spray bottle spray every morn it’s also goes in shampoo also in a cup under the bed to protect inside mom of 4 girls lmfao lice makes me mental this combo was a game changer in my home

Pack up all stuff toys put them out side in storage. Vacuum put pillows an blankets in hot dryer.

Get a shower cap and giant thing of mayo. Put the mayo over her scalp and hair, put the shower cap other it and let it it sit for 30 minutes then wash it all off

Put everything that’s material in garbage bags and keep in back yard for a couple weeks, only keep two outfits one pj, one towel each. Do treatment then pick them all out, vacuum everything twice a day wash and dry pillows and bedding. Then put bedding in the dryer everyday. Then every day go through hair and make a spray bottle with tea tree oil and water ( I put about 5-10 drops) and spray every morning in their hair also when going to daycare or school make sure hair is always up and hair sprayed with hair spray. When they are finally gone bring in one bag at a time and wash and dry then put away.

Coke cola works. Through over the hair and work in with your fingers. Then take a lice comb and comb the hair

We used mayo to suffocate the eggs, combing lots of combing, then shampoos with tea tree oil ever other day to not dry the scalp. It was a month process. Eventually, I had to just let the eggs fall out. My 9 year old had it the whole time she was at her mom’s one summer, which was 41 days. Good luck!!

Flat iron!!! I swear by it. Treat the hair and then flat iron it for a week or so.

If yours have lice others in daycare do too. I would say cut hair short and do whatever RidX or the prescription. My son never had it but my nephew did. We used RidX on him.

Mayo, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, will help make sure you buy the 2pack of lice combs that has the egg comb and lice comb. Also beware you may have to pick them out. Then use tea tree oil in her shampoo and then use moose or hair spray put her hair up drench it in hair spray use a hair dryer dry it after shower before the moose and stuff they will not be back unless you stop the hair spray moose and tea tree oil. Also for the top and bottom gel with a plastic bag over night same with the mayo. Then you can use moose gel or hair spray daily in her hair or even baby oil

I took my 2 daughters and myself to get professionally treated. I also bought a 2 nd treatment to do in 4 days to make sure EVERYTHING is removed. I am beyond satisfied right now from the treatment. She did recommend that i wash everything, all the clothes they have used i need to wash. I was able to purchase a household cleaner from her as well so i spray anything that has fabric and vacuum right after. Honestly if your not deep cleaning it won’t work. I’ve been struggling with lice for quite awhile even doing the treatments sold in stores and nothing worked. I fi ally gave in and went to get them professionally treated, it is pricy but so worth it as long as you follow after care

Make sure you tie you daughters hair up and with a braid, dont let her wear her hair down at all, anything hair pieces such as hair bands bows or brushed you can put in a zip lock for 10 days and then use them again

Put tea tree oil in her hair after you got them all out. About 15 drops and water in a spray bottle.

2 Likes

I always put that in my daughters hair now before she goes to school.

1 Like

Mine keep getting them. I’m now not combing daily and trying hair up and use tea tree. I will get rid one day. Tho I think likely some kids arent been treated. I put brushes In to soak after use and remove hair too.

Just had to get this for my niece who can’t seem to get rid of it

Rubbing alcohol the menthol kind comb through hair and let rest will dissolve eggs etc

Sounds harsh but does the job almost the same as what doctors prescribe but not as strong but works

Call dr, trust me this is the only thing that worked for my Grandaughter.

HAIRSPRAY once treated all
Over head as they can’t latch on to the hair. After I’ve been putting hairspray on my daughters hair she hasn’t had it again been 3 years now.

Once you get them gone. Use a daily shampoo that prevents her from getting it again. You can get it at walmart, walgreens, or CVS, or places like that. I use it on my childs during school yr.

Tea tree oil in the shampoo to prevent it from coming back.

I used the old home remedy oil and vinegar. Let it sit for about 15 mins and use a nit comb to go through it multiple times! Also check their hair daily n pick out the eggs! I also put tea tree oil in her shampoo…My daughter has really thick hair n this only seemed to work for her when she was young

Oh the wonderful school days ! As long as you have kids in school there is going to be a the threat of lice. Tea tree oil in your shampoo helps. I treat my kids hair with the medicated stuff from Walmart, I also use tea tree oil in their shampoo and I also like to use I mixture of half of vapor rub and half of Vaseline mixed together then applied to the hair and lathered thickly through the hair. It smothers the lice. I have the kids sleep with a hair cap on over night then I comb through and wash with dish soap because it will take a few tries to get all the stuff out. Wash all laundry and bedding in the lice treatment for clothes. And clean the house and furniture.

Plaiting , not washing her hair too often , apply serum before school…always check behind the ears and comb regularly with lice combs. Tea tree shampoos can help!
Im a hairdresser who deals with children and lice quite often…unfortunately due to not being aware of lice in children can send you off to the doc to get a certificate in order to come back to the salon :pray:

Tea tree shampoo I feel keeps them away my daughter when younger would always get them and with her having thick hair it was a absolute nightmare to get rid of them and I was told by the doctor to start using tea tree shampoo in her hair and keep it tied back or in a pleat and it seemed to work wonders

We have and still occasionally battle with it!

This stuff is amazing and you can use it to prevent it as well it kills on contact and doesn’t hurt or harm the kiddos!!

My daughters last school blamed the day care I had worked at and that I had shared them with my daughter. The thing is I didnt have any in my hair and I am allergic to the lice shampoo. So even if and when I get those little nasties I have to use other methods to get rid of them. But I will say when my daughter did get them it would take me one day and all day to get rid of them. Now we put tea tree oil in her hair before we leave the house to go to school.

1 Like

When my kids were in daycare they kept having outbreaks and this was the BEST thing ever. It was easy, it worked SO well, least for my kiddo. I swear by it.

This is from Walmart. The middle bottle. About 4 years ago my girls battled with it bad for months. Bought this soaked their hair put it in a plastic bag overnight cleaned everything washed and combed it next morning. They havent had it since and it’s still running rampant in our school. It smells like black licorice but does the job amazingly!!!

2 Likes

We use over the counter to treat with , the over the counter home spray and vacuum couch and floors and wash and dry bed covers and pillows and coats. Even after treating and combing take a flash light and check every inch of hair and pick out what the comb didn’t get out

We use this on granddaughter whenever there’s an outbreak at school and it doesn’t hurt to spray it on right before school every morning.

My parents owned a pet store… the school would send parents there to get shampoo for cats that kills lice… IT WORKS ON OUR HAIR!!! What i did for my own kids was once a month a would put it in the shower they knew it was time to wash their hair with it… THEY NEVER… HAD LICE…

1 Like

I’ve always heard that if you blow dry their hair, they won’t get lice. If you’re not already doing that, it’s worth a try to keep them gone. You also have to wash their jackets, hats, gloves, etc. Vacuum your car where they sit, & lean back their head.

1 Like

My mom always put veggie oil in our hair and had us wear shower caps to let it soak in for about 24 hours while she cleaned the house getting rid of it. I got that crap 3 times when I was younger. I hate lice! But try that 🤷

1 Like

Add tea tree oil to shampoo and any detangler. Blow dry her hair. Everday. The lice HATE heat. Put all the pillows through the dryer. Same with stuffed animals.

4 Likes

In addition to treating and cleaning, you have to make sure you’re removing every single nit. Check for them daily for at least 2 weeks. If you miss any, the whole cycle repeats again once they hatch.

1 Like

Oh Lord, I HATE lice!!! Our school system sends a letter stating that one or more children in my child’s class has lice, be aware and take the proper precautions and check your child regularly. We quit using the RX stuff because it doesn’t always work. A whole jar of mayo with a shower cap over it for 4 hours has always worked for us. And of course, clean EVERYTHING! And then I sat for about 4 hours combing through her long hair and picking out every louse or nit I could find under a super bright light. Wash and dry bedding, coats, brushes, clothing, just EVERYTHING!!! Vacuum really well and then use a preventive shampoo or hair spray to keep it from returning. Love is a nightmare!

There is a spray we use and a shampoo to match that keeps the bugs away.

3 Likes

Just reading this post makes my head itch. Tea tree oil will keep them out of your daughters head once they’re gone. Put a few drops in her shampoo or mix it with water in a spray bottle and spray her hair in the mornings before you take her to daycare. Good luck.

1 Like

We used this on my son right before Christmas when he had lice. I washed his bed sheets the first and second day, blow dried his hair daily for 3 weeks and ran a straightener through it every other day. We got rid of them in one swoop. We also vaccumed the house daily every day since but we also have dogs so vaccum anyway but this stuff worked wonders.

2 Likes

Well i sat on a toilet and dug through her hair for nearly 2 hours picking each egg and lice i could find cleaned her bed sheets pillow case etc next morning dug through her hair found like 2 more bugs but no eggs got home from school dug through her head again all gone

1 Like

I used this for my son worked great leave in spray morning and after shower

Preventive measure is best way!!! Take a 32-44oz bottle shampoo… make enough room in the shampoo to dump an entire bottle of tea tree oil in it… shake well to mix. It take about 5 minutes to fully mix it, your arms will tire fast, take breaks and keep shaking…or get a big strong man to help shake it… shampoo daily… NO LICE

1 Like

Frustrating! My oldest got it at school last year. We did over the counter and it worked plus we basically washed every single thing in the house. Same issue here though. We emailed to ask how many other cases there were so we didn’t send her back to school and her catch it again and they denied anyone else having it. No one else in my house had it so where did it come from???

When my kids were win school we mixed a little tea tree oil in the shampoo an they used it daily just to keep them from coming back

1 Like

My daughter got it when she was 5. I did Everything dr told me to do. Finally dr told me to do mayo and shower cap all night. I did that and next morning in shower they just fell out. They can’t hold on to the oil in the hair. After that I always moosed or jelled her hair. Now all stuffed animals in bags tied up for 2 weeks. Good luck.

I used the regular stuff on my 8 yr old. Used comb and then used a flash light and picked out what the comb didn’t get. Then we used a spray to spray furniture and bed and washed the bedding. Got it all done in 2 days. Its been 2 weeks and no sign of them…

Wash with salt and shampoo together, then put alot of coconut oil, and use the lice comb. This home remedy really helps. I’m a hair stylist and this worked for my nieces. Unfortunately salons cant treat it in the establishment.

1 Like

I may be old-school but I spritzed kerosene on my kids hands and then washed it out really well. It definitely does the trick. Also put everything you own in the dryer for at least 20 minutes on high heat! Make sure you empty the vacuum cleaner outside.

My daughter had it once. She did not respond to over the counter remedies. Prescription finally worked but it really hurt her scalp.

Mayonnaise. Spread it all over the head and wrap in plastic wrap. Leave on 30 minutes take off and wash hair. Comb any nuts out. It works … Had a daughter who got it repeatedly and it was the one thing that worked. Real Mayo though not miracle whip

1 Like

This works quickly, its pricey but worth it!

I used OTC rid, we got it twice in a few months. Bleach kills it, yes tree and mint are repellent scents. Start spreading the word at pick up and drop offs, there kids probably have it and no one realizes because it’s taboo and people think they like dirty when they prefer clean hair.

1 Like

When you send her to school always make sure her hair is up in a ponytail a braid if possible. French braid even better, or even a bun.

My daycare friend told me to spray hair spray in my son’s hair. He never had a problem. Target also sells a preventive spray that smells really nice and it works also! I dont remember the name of it. I’m sure a pharmacist would know! I think it’s called fairy tales something.

Have always got notified if was found in class. They even did head check when was bad as to not reinfect. Tea tree oil and hair spray have worked

1 Like

This sounds crazy but use Cetaphil lotion leave in for 8 hrs with a shower cap and the next morning take a shower and blow dry the hair my daughter hair is very thick and it was gone the next morning

1 Like

Bed bug spray from dollar general works wonders on couches and beds. Use the name brand lice treatment. Spray your car. We then wash the kids hair once a week in dog flea shampoo. Some people use tree oil but it makes our hair oily

Oh my gosh I had two girls they both got them about 6 n 8. Their hair was soooo thick. But my grama adelina gave me an old remedy for getting rid of the “humor” (I don’t know what this is in English) in hair that attracted the lice. She told me get 2 avacado seeds n boil them in water. After it’s cooled put this in the girls hair and leave in about an hour. Rince then comb out all the lice and their eggs. My daughter’s never got lice again.

School time shampoo is what I use on all my kiddos. You can use it as a treatment or shampoo. My kiddos use it once a week. I’ve been using it for almost 4 years now, and none of them have ever gotten lice since I started using it. You can buy it in Amazon.

We use tea tree oil I just put it in my daughters shampoo!!
I use Mayo to get them out of her hair and coconut oil it works!! It’s messy but worth it

Tea tree oil works amazing. Doesn’t take but a little drop or two

I had lice dr come. Buy olive oil. Saturate the head. Put a shower cap on for at least for hours. Use the lice comb and keep repeating for 2 weeks

We are having problems with lice at my kids school. I put tee tree oil in their shampoo and conditioner and detangler. I also spray their coats, jackets, hats and backpacks with it and none of my kids have gotten it.

Once you get them everyone in the house should be treated. We use a rosemary detangler , shampoo and conditioner on my granddaughter she just started preschool. It’s supposed to protect against them.

Peppermint oil or orange oil put on scalp and neck wait 30 minutes wash hair

Tea tree oil mixed n with shampoo works great get lice comb and then wash everything in hot water I added oils to a sprayer full water and vinger put baking soda on bed it self and on carpets and then sprayed it all with mixture and let dry and then vac up. Smelled great and cleaned alot keep smell good. :slight_smile: but clean everything fully from bedding to animals to brushes and combs to clothing. Wash hair high concentration of tea tree oil for few days chemicals lice treatment dont work on my kids on my girls I dyed their hair killed em off never had issue on son hair I crew cut it. But I did tea tree as preventive and never had issue again with it

Blue magic hair Grease