Would I be wrong to have my daughter share a room with her brother?

Girls should share a room with her brother

Maybe ask your daughter what she thinks… talk to your family about it. It’s not a big deal that they share a space. As long as if baby is up at night he’s with you. She shouldn’t be kept up… but other than that… it’s really not a big deal. Maybe alternate nights he’s in different rooms… it’s not like your daughter need privacy at night like adults might…

I wouldn’t put him in ur daughters room, that’s not fair to her.

I see no issue with them sharing. In some cases it actually makes them bond so much. He’s still little he could always use a big sister. She will be very protective of her younger brother. They can share a room. I had 6 kids in a house with one boy. He was still little and he always climbed in our bunk bed to sleep with all his sisters, he said he was scared at night or just wanted to be with all his sisters. We all did just fine. And now we are older, we all were very close to each other. I’d ask your daughter and see how she feels. She may actually like having him in there. Never know.

4 Likes

Yes. It would be wrong to put a four year old boy in with a teenage girl. You don’t have room for your FIL and you need to think what you are going to do in the longer term. Perhaps your four year old could share with your FIL or FIL could occupy a room downstairs?

2 Likes

If you have to put two people in a room together put your father-in-law and your son in a room together. He is coming into your space and it is not fair to your pre-teen soon to be teenager to have to give up her space because you have decided to to bring an extra person in your home and you are just now wanting your own space. She will end up resenting you guys. Take it from someone who had to share a room my whole life it sucks.

Talk to her! She’s the one that could tell you. Some wouldn’t mind buy becoming a teen is hard so she may want her space too. Me personally I would keep younger one in my room. If you have the option maybe look into adding a room vs buying a new house. Or if you have a garage look at enclosing it for your in law.

My son who was 12 at the time had to share with his 3 year old sister. He didn’t mind too much

Depending on where you live this could actually get you in trouble with cps.

Keep the kids where they are for the meantime. Once more suitable arrangements have been established change it up. You might even find once the father in law in living with you that you can reshuffle or make it more comfortable. If you have a garage is that a possibility to use for a short term bedroom for the father and law or yourself while your son has his own room? Maybe a second living area that could be sectioned off, or if you don’t use your dining you could combine your lining and living that that would all be dependent on the layout of your home. Something like that even.

Can you tell your father in law there isn’t room for him because your son needs that room so while he’s there you’ll need to be actively looking for a larger home that he needs to financially contribute to. I’m assuming the father in laws day to day living costs would go down once moving in but that’s an assumption.

Nope, you can not mix genders in bedrooms. Cps will be on you like flies on shit.

Buy a sofa bed put her in dineing room .

Would you wanna share a room with your baby brother if you were a teen yeah didnt think so