When should siblings stop bathing with each other?

When should boy girl siblings stop bathing together ? My daughter will be 5 soon and my son is 1 and its so much easier for me to bathe them together but i have no idea when it becomes socially unexceptable lol!

1 Like

It doesn’t matter about what’s socially acceptable. If it’s the norm in your house then just go with it until you feel it’s not working anymore. I have 3 children. 2 boys aged 13 and 10 and a 7 year old daughter and all 3 of them come and talk to me when im in the shower or bath. It’s not awkward or disgusting because it’s just what we’ve always done. My daughter baths with the door open and her brothers will put thoer towels away while she’s in the bath and it’s just normal. She doesn’t go in the bathroom when they in the shower though because they have made the decision that they don’t want her to see them and that’s ok although they boys will go into the bathroom If one or the other is in the shower. Again don’t worry about social norms because every family is different and you just gotta do what works and comfortable for your family

13 Likes

I have an almost 5 year old girl, almost 3 and a 1 year old boys… they still all shower together and I think until my daughter wants her own space by herself then they will keep showering together !!! It’s the 1 year old that is curious when he sees his brothers noodle :rofl:

6 Likes

I only have one but when younger I bathed with my brothers, oldest stopped when he asked and with the younger it was when I was about 6/7 xxx

1 Like

When your daughter ask you to stop

1 Like

He’s a baby and their ages are so far apart I say when she can bathe herself around 6-7. I always do what works best for me f socially acceptable.

5 Likes

When one of them asks to stop. They are children. Nothing wrong with it.

2 Likes

Why would a child openly tell a parent they don’t want to bathe with sister or brother when the parent made it normal to bathe together their whole lives.
In this society and generation I’d say the sooner the better to teach them boundaries and having boundaries and privacy is ok. Personal experience when I was a child this is so important that many parents don’t bring up their children -
It would be easer to have my four year old shower with me but he is big now - and is alert to everything and around so I always run a bath no matter how tired I am at the end of the day or rushed I am on time in the am!

When one of the children become uncomfortable or ask to bathe alone. Since your daughter is the oldest it will probably be her.

5 Likes

When one of them asks. Otherwise, don’t sexualize it. They’re just kids.

4 Likes

I say now. She’s heading into kindergarten. Where she’s gonna get social.

Really you need someone to tell you that???

I have a soon to be 5 year old girl and a soon to be 1 year old boy. When i mention that my son needs a bath my daughter will ask if she can go too with him and i say yes. I feel like eventually yes it will have to stop but until my daughter says she doesnt want to or the situation feels uncomfortable its just easier for me to do a single “bath party” like my daughter calls it than doing each a bath.

I have a 2 and 4 year old boys and my oldest asked about a year ago to take separate baths/shower I think it really is up to the kiddos

1 Like

Whenever one wants to be alone. At that age they don’t understand really. Let them be.

When one or the other starts making a big deal pointing out the differences in their bodies or feels uncomfortable with it. As long as you do not make it a big deal and keep their bodies a natural/normal thing they likely will too. Mine are much older, 1 teen 2 adult, and none of them are uncomfortable with seeing unclothed bodies. We obviously didn’t make it a habit of being in a state of undress around each other past the point they started pointing out differences but we also made it a normal situation if they did happen to see us.

I stopped when my kids said they wanted a bath alone

My two oldest boys stopped around 5. My two youngest, son is 4, daughter is 3, stopped about a year ago.

When the 1 year old poops in the tub and your 5 yo says NOPE!! :rofl:🫶🏼

There is nothing wrong with it at all in my eyes. Kids that age should know what a penis and vagina is anyhow so a sister knowing her brother had different parts is no big deal. If they ask questions just give honest answers obviously that are appropriate. I wouldn’t have them stop until your daughter is old enough to tell you she isn’t comfortable with brother seeing her nakey. I took baths with my brother until I was 8 and he is 4 years younger then me. We always loved playing together in the bath as kids. Who cares what others consider socially acceptable. It’s your home and family. All that matters is what’s acceptable to you.